Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 23:15:59
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
New York Compe-quiz-tion Started by: Zmeika on Sep 16, '13 21:44

A few days ago...

Zmeika walks into Granny Fydora's Sinfully Delicious Bakery, runs her hands quickly through her hair, it's been a windy day in New York City. She scans the room, and notices that a group of her friends had combined a couple of tables in a back corner booth. Zmeika grabs a seat next to Perrin, and he slides a large slice of devils chocolate cake towards her.

Zmeika kisses Perrin on the cheek. "Yay cake! You're the best! What did I miss?", Zmeika asks."Oh not much, we're just sharing some stories of our soon to be godfathers, you've missed some good ones!", Forever replied.

AlabamaWorley chuckles and exclaims, "Like mine! There was one time some pimp got a little too drunk and propositioned Ladyfighter at Blue Heaven to become one of his girls. She was so appalled and disgusted by him, she turns around and decked him. What an idiot, everyone in New York knows to duck when Ladyfighter gives you 'the look'" Alabama shakes her head, as she takes a sip of her coffee.

Cray finishes her bite of cake, and says "Every time the kids ask me and Cork for money they tell us to pull it out of their ear like their Uncle Pauly does.". Tank laughs, "Huh, never thought of that, maybe I should start keeping money in the ears of children rather than those crooked banks!"

Tank turns to Forever and says, "Remember that gangster in our family who nearly had a heart attack when DaKine stopped him one day in the HQ, then fainted when he heard DaKine ask him if he wanted to 'see some fish'? DaKine just wanted get get a group together to go fishing, but the newbie thought he was getting wacked.". The group laughed so loudly that the other patrons in the bakery turned to look at them. 

"Okay guys, since we came here to plan celebrations, let's get down to it!", Cray encouraged. "Oh yeah, speaking of that, these stories gave me an idea. How do you guys feel about doing a trivia contest? I'm sure everyone would enjoy learning a little more about our Godfathers/Godmother to be!", replied Zmeika. Everyone in the group started talking excitedly and planning the rest of the festivities...

---

Zmeika goes to the main notice board in downtown square, and posts a flyer.

New York Compe-quiz-tion

For the next week, keep an eye out on this notice board. Someone will be coming by and asking questions. These questions will be about New York, and our Godfathers: Ladyfighter, Paul_Klint and DaKine. Some questions will require the competitor to be resourceful by consulting their old journals and archives at the library or to be creative. The first person to answer the question correctly will receive a credit. So watch out, because these questions can come at any time. 

So here are the rules:

First person to answer correctly, here at the board, will receive a credit. A winner will not be eligible to win again until 5 questions later. So if you win question #1, you can participate in #7 and win again. 

Hope to see you all around here soon!

Report Post Tip

Zmeika stands by the post, passively looking as people wander past the board, reading the flyer. She was glad to see some people hanging back to wait for the first question, unfortunately others had wandered away. Maybe it is time to post the first question, maybe people are unsure how this is going to work. Zmeika opens her file folder and finds her list of questions. Let's start them off with an easy one...

Zmeika writes her first question on a blackboard, and leans it against the bottom of the board. It reads:

When Ladyfighter got authed who was her Right Hand Man?

She leaves a piece of chalk on the ground next to the board.

"First person to reply, correctly, below, gets a credit. If you're too slow, I hope to see you around here again soon!"

Report Post Tip

Alabama stumbles, trying to think of who was in the Right Hand seat when she was with Lady's family.

Was it DaKine?

Report Post Tip

Zmeika jumps up and down in glee.

"Correct! Way to go Alabama! From RH to Godfather, aren't we all just so proud of him?"

Zmeika hands AlabamaWorley a credit

"This is fun! Question #2"

What is the name of Paul_Klint's restaurant?

Report Post Tip

Oh I know that one! isn't The Capital Grille?

Unless he has more than one...

Report Post Tip

"Yes! Correct! I just had lunch dinner there actually! It's delicious!"

Zmeika hands a credit to DanaScully, she reads the next question on her list and begins to giggle

Who's name is an anagram that reads: "I NAKED"?

Report Post Tip

DaKine?

Report Post Tip

Zmeika laughs while shaking her head. "You're absolutely right! That guy needs to learn to keep his clothes on sometimes!"

Zmeika gives Cheshire a credit, and writes another question.

If you were trapped on a deserted island with Ladyfighter, what three items would you bring?

Giving out a credit to the first 3 answers...no wrong answers, unless you bring more or less than 3 things!

Report Post Tip

heroin boooze and hooker

Report Post Tip

a fishing pole, a radio, and a knife

Report Post Tip

3 more Ladyfighters!

Report Post Tip

Chickens, balloons, and rum. 

Report Post Tip

3 more Ladyfighters!

Thats just asking for trouble!! Thankfully, they broke the mold when they made LadyFighter!!

Report Post Tip

Zmeika beams as people begin to stand around to watch. She hands out credits to Dredd, Caldwell and Alucard

"Sorry Fox, it seems Alucard beat you by the hairs of his chiny chin chin! Hopefully you will be able to beat others to this next one."

Question #5: If you were trapped on a dessert island with DaKine (yum!), what three items would you bring?

Giving out a credit to the first 3 answers...no wrong answers, unless you bring more or less than 3 things!

Report Post Tip

Apples, bananas and grapefruit

Report Post Tip

I just love how I actually wrote the wrong answer... I did that on purpose ! 

Sticks out her tongue like a rebel. 

Report Post Tip

rum, guns, fireworks

Report Post Tip

Beer, pizza and oranges.

Report Post Tip

A book, a knife, and a fishing pole.

Report Post Tip

Chocolate, sword, and a slinky. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New York Compe-quiz-tion
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL