Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 12:31:56
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Death of DaKine. Started by: _Izzy_ on Sep 29, '13 21:05
Rip peace brother.
I do not understand exactly what happened other then he was admin wacked for "accusations"
But if the admins are gonna wack a high standing member "GodFather" then a more clear reasoning needs to be given for everyone to see. I would much appreciate and I'm sure all of new york would also like to see the exact reason brought here (or other thread)

~BadWolf
Report Post Tip
Just another example of how the admins are getting to involved in the players in game lives.
Report Post Tip
I can understand some involvements they have made but from the tidbits I've gathered this was not a just move me and many of the masses are waiting for word and the longer the admins wait the greater disrespect I feel and the more tensions will build between admins/users
Report Post Tip

Or, it could be another example of someone not SHUTTING THE FUCK UP AND BEING A FUCKING IDIOT! Neither one of us know though, thought I'd tidy up the other side of the fence!

Report Post Tip

TheSosa,

Unfortunately, I think you have that backwards.  This is just another example of how the players are getting too involved in the administrators lives. If you really must need to know why DaKine was admin killed, ask him for complete logs.  If he feels its something he wants to share from start to finish, he will.

Report Post Tip

Whats done is done, let it go

Let the man RIP.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Have spoken with him Squishy, he has no logs.  Said it started to do with a kill boost given to Cantona and his sponsors?  If he has no logs, then I don't understand why they are not supplied  as I was not on to be able to answer people's questions.

Report Post Tip

So a guy who has poured tons of money into this game gets treated like shit and DDed? 

Squishy you're doing a better job at chasing people away than bringing people in. 

I once believed in this game, loved this game, and did whatever I could for it.

You've changed Squishy.

Report Post Tip

Have spoken with him Squishy, he has no logs.  Said it started to do with a kill boost given to Cantona and his sponsors?  If he has no logs, then I don't understand why they are not supplied  as I was not on to be able to answer people's questions.

On July 25th I made a request for people to join an admin crew to take in and train new users to disperse to other crews, those that took part in running the crew and the sponsoring were given boosted stats as mentioned in the application thread.  2+ months later, DaKine PM'd me with a chip on his shoulder.  I do not know if he was drunk, or if I was the scapegoat for some other aggressions in his life, but I do know he was looking for a fight and decided to escalate it when I wasn't willing to give him one.

Despite twice telling him that this conversation is not being productive, he switched over from being aggressive, to being aggressive and insulting.  I ended the conversation when I felt he was no longer treating me with any form of respect.  After I said by goodbyes, he came at me yet again with another insult, I then ended his life.

So a guy who has poured tons of money into this game gets treated like shit and DDed? 

Another point he brought up after he died.  I'm sorry to say but how much you have spent does not buy you favors.  A guy who has spent 0 dollars over 5 years or $1,000 over 2 years.... It doesn't matter.  Each and every user is as valuable to me as the next, and I will treat them with every ounce of respect that they show me.  It's a two way street.  I would rather lose a paying customer than become the dog someone likes to kick when they are feeling angry.

Report Post Tip

A guy who has spent 0 dollars over 5 years or $1,000 over 2 years.... It doesn't matter.  Each and every user is as valuable to me as the next, and I will treat them with every ounce of respect that they show me. 

I think the majority of players still believe this Squishy, and we appreciate all you do and have done. Don't let a few vocal negative folks speak for the entire community.

Report Post Tip

You've changed Squishy.

Actually he have not, Izzy have always been like this. That is the main reason this game have gone downhill for years and it is the reason it will eventually die.

Report Post Tip

I feel a lot of reproaches over here. I may not agree with all oh Izzy's decision - the first one being to give such a ridiculous boost, to the wack stats on top of that, to a few players for a service to the community - but I feel you're all throwing stones to Izzy without considering his work on a global scale. That decision might seem harsh, and perhaps it is, but starting to lapidate him publicly like that... meh.

So Izzy might take decisions that you don't agree with, because you think he's too much involved (may it be true or not), too much influencing the game or whatever, but it comes with his involvement and dedication into developing the game. So yeah, he's not perfect, and I'm the first one to argue with some things that are done/decided, but a little consideration for his work and respect for the person would be necessary I think.

Report Post Tip

I think that considering a GF was killed, more disclosure is deserved, to his crew, district and city as a whole. I'm sure there could have been a more apt way of dealing with the situation then just killing him. Pretty disappointed that it came to this.

Report Post Tip

Thank you for the further explanation Squishy.  And I do know that you don't look at money spent or not spent when you make a decision.

Report Post Tip

I's sorry, but some people seem to be trying to defend the indefensible here.

Dakine took a risk and decided to be aggresive and insulting to the owner and coder of the game. In doing this he took his chances that he would receive the ultimate punishment for his actions. Instead of walking away he decided to continue insulting Squishy.

Its irrelevant as to whether he has invested $1,000,000 or nothing in to the game, you can't go around insulting people and expect to get away with it. If had chosen to do it in game and sufficiently upset say Odin, then we all know he would have died for such actions. In this situation he took on an owner and ultimately lost.

There are lessons to be learnt here on all sides. For far too long the player base have taken liberties with the owners of the game and at some point it has to stop. Maybe this will give people a second thought about mouthing off regarding game decisions made by the owners in pursuit of expanding and making our world better.

Report Post Tip

Another point he brought up after he died.  I'm sorry to say but how much you have spent does not buy you favors.  A guy who has spent 0 dollars over 5 years or $1,000 over 2 years.... It doesn't matter.  Each and every user is as valuable to me as the next, and I will treat them with every ounce of respect that they show me.  It's a two way street.  I would rather lose a paying customer than become the dog someone likes to kick when they are feeling angry.

It actually does matter. It's not you who lost a paying customer, it's DaKine who lost the playing time he gave his money for. Now I don't know what he did to get himself DD'd but still.

Report Post Tip

As a relative unknown my opinion probably doesn't count for much, but I have to agree with Squishy on this one. I've asked a few friends who have been here a long time, and they say Squishy has mellowed and softened over the years. Things that would have seen your character Admin wacked years ago, now just get a slap on the wrist (the Admin BG fiasco a few weeks ago is point in fact), so DaKine must have really pushed Squishy's buttons to get him that riled up. UnderDog is 100% correct. If you insult the Owner and head admin of the game, and he walks away, and you keep doing it, of course he's going to eventually kill you. Just as surely as if he'd insulted Cpt-Harris.

People in the past have apparently been admined and banned from the game for insulting lesser admins than the owner. Obviously DaKine felt bad about this boost that Squishy gave out, despite him being up front about it in the beginning. Problem is, there are ways to go about your complaint other than insulting the owner to his face. Doesn't matter how much money you spend, or what game it is. You break the rules on x-box live, you can get banned from playing online, or have your character taken away, so why shouldn't the admin here do exactly the same thing if a player steps out of line on MR?

Report Post Tip

I have to say, when I first heard about it, I did think "what fucking bullshit", and a big part of me still believes this. It's OK to not be someones lapdog, but MR is turning more and more into a business. I am not saying this is a bad thing, but with credits having a huge impact on the game, it's hard not to see the business side. From a business point of view, I would personally say it's a bad decision as MR has lost the custom of someone who poured a lot of money into this game. From the GAME point of view, no one is above the so called law and no one player is more valuable than the other. I'm not going in to why I feel the way I do, I mean what is the point? For right or wrong reasons, Izzy can do what he wants. He created MafiaReturns so that pretty much gives him the right to do what ever he likes. Debate all you like, nothing will change.

Report Post Tip

For a long time MR has been about business, down to the time of NPC's, bills have to be payed at the end day as with any business.  I have always got on with dakine, and have never found him talk ou of line so was shocked by this.  Unfortunately like most things in life, is not what you say is simply how you say it; especially as is not the first argument on the subject recently.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Nello, that's a silly line of reasoning. by that logic, then death should be removed. every credit you use, is a dollar put into a game. no one lives forever, and any credit you spend on this character will eventually be lost to your death. 

so If Dakine did something that caused him to be banned, then the money is simply lost sooner.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Death of DaKine.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL