Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 21:40:46
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Got Something To Say? Started by: Lulu on Nov 09, '13 11:27

This is not one of those speeches complaining about the lack of activity in the streets. My line wasn't around for any golden days of moving speeches in the streets and people being made or broken by their conduct on them. It's as interesting out here as it's ever been for my ancestry (aside from brief flurries of interesting activities.)

This speech is about a solution. Or maybe even moreso discovering if there's even a problem. I'm making an offer to you all. Have something to say that you're unwilling to say yourself? Write the speech and send it to me and I'll make it for you, anonymously. I'll even relay your replies to those who reply to you if applicable and desired.

It may well turn out that people just don't have anything to say. If so this speech can be referenced as a reply to all the people who complain about the lack of street activity.

But if you ARE holding back, because of your ridiculous inter-personal dramas, tricky PR, fear of people who have the ridiculous notion that rank has anything to do with the validity of an opinion, WHATEVER. I'll here to offer a way around your barriers. I'll even edit your speech for you if you feel you're just a poor speaker or don't have the grasp of the language to express the opinion you want out there. I'll send you back the edit and you can approve or deny before I take it to the streets.

What do I want for this? Nothing. I just think some activity would be interesting. (Although if you wanna send me credit pieces that'd be pretty cool too.) This starts now.

Report Post Tip

Great idea. I think it will still be hard for people to truly trust that they will stay anonymous. I mean everyone has a price surely.

But for what it's worth I like this idea. I wish you luck with your venture and wish you much success.

Report Post Tip

I'm sure concerns about that will exist for some. I thought about addressing this in my original speech actually.

Everyone does have a price, including me.

The thing is that no one is in a position to pay my price. I have markedly different values than the norm.

I'm far more interested in a more vocal game than anything that could possibly be offered to me without being in a far more centralized position of power than currently exists or will exist anytime in the near future.

My family journals contain a great number of events and names my lineage has kept in confidence. I don't know how willing those mine kept things mum for would be to speak of such things, but asking around couldn't hurt.

Report Post Tip

Just to be clear and I don't think that you thought I was, but I am in no way questioning your integrity. Have to make that very clear in fear that someone could interpret it that way.

Merely stating that those concerns will probably exist, yes.

Report Post Tip

Im not sure about this, i mean to me the street's would benefit more from the original author's of threads to post themselves rather than going through someone else and letting them do it for you. Yes they may not have the best skills at writing or such but you only get better with practice. And in all honesty i just see more problems with this than benefit.

I like your initiative in the subject but like i said it would benefit more if people were more outright and open with what they think rather than letting someone else do the work or stay in the background about the thread.

Report Post Tip

And obviating part of the utility of this service while at it!

I did not take that as questioning my integrity, however fear of it being interpreted that way?? Questioning my integrity is a perfectly rational thing to do in the given situation! I think all too often in trying not to be disrespectful, people err grievously on the side of caution leaving quality discussion as the victim.

I aim for a way around this.

Report Post Tip

I do agree with that Vlad, but if people are not speaking their minds at all, wouldn't it be better to have them speak via some one else?

It would at the very least get some form of communication which is better than none.

To be honest I am not really bothered either way I am just speaking from the point of view of a person that prefers more speeches. Actually, that isn't right, I am speaking my opinion of how I would feel if I was a person who would like to see more public speaking. Yeah, that's better.

Report Post Tip

Vlad I agree with you, however if it is the case that people are staying silent because of these kinds of reasons and not because they don't have anything they wish to say, I think it's pretty clear that they're not going to do that.

Report Post Tip

Exactly Lulu.

I think you hit the nail on the head about that. You see it often, people take things out of context and what not, possibly making others too nervous to speak at all.

Report Post Tip

Well it's not that it's them wanting to not speak at all. You have to realize the age of these streets as well. Because im my personal opinion there have been many topic's and discussion's throughout this game. And you must realize it's not that they want to stay silent, although some do, it's also to do with it's hard to come up with fresh things to say that haven't already been said many times over.

So it's not that this is a bad idea or anything, i say try it. But then again like i said it's hard to write topic's that have already been talked about so many times before.

Report Post Tip

This service is not useful for people who don't have something they want to say. So the age of the streets or the lack of ideas don't really impact anything. Where this could be useful is for people who do have something they want to say, but for whatever reason are unwilling or unable to.

Report Post Tip

Not only do i applaud you for doing this lulu, but i'll go a step farther. I have spoken, as has my father, about how activity in these streets, and in the business districts, would be beneficial to this game. So I'm going to put myself out there as an editor. If you have an idea, but need help making it readable, Let me know. I will assist with content editing, so that you stay on topic. I will assist with wording, so that you can be understood. and I will assist with Proofreading, so that your words are not confused.

I'll admit, i'm not an enormous fan of the ghost-speaker idea. Although i see the point. So let me offer this alternative. If you have something you feel is worth talking about, but you are worried about your rank being an issue, come talk to me. If i feel your idea needs a backer, I will take your speech, and frame it as a discussion between you and myself, or as my reading your words. If i do that, i will add my own thoughts at the end, semi separate. However, i will not post someone else's thoughts as my own. I will give you credit for the idea, and my stamp of opinionated approval.

Report Post Tip

I am a fan of those willing to lend a hand to people when it comes to being active socially. I myself had to battle through the, "Your make no points because your smaller then me so na-na-na-na-boo-boo."

I can take this, because I have seen and dealt with it before. However those who are new to being public may take it the wrong way and actually feel as if they are in the wrong. End result, preventing them from making appearances or fear of repercussions. It's sad that it continues to happen, but it always has and always will. What will it take to stop it? Well the cold truth is that it never will stop. We just have to make it known to everyone that it doesn't matter how you express yourself, it doesn't matter who you are what you do for a living in the world of ours. As long as your making an effort it's highly noted and promoted.  

Then there are the ones that make a presence with absolutely no agenda but to degrade and attack. That comes down to the community and exactly how much we put up with it or allow them to continue to do so. 

Once again I think this is a wonderful idea and if there is anything I can do to help don't hesitate to drop me a line.   

Report Post Tip

However, i will not post someone else's thoughts as my own.

Just to be clear I wouldn't be doing that. I'll indicate if a speech isn't mine, just not whose it actually is.

Report Post Tip

Lulu, I don't know what you are complaining about. There is plenty of activity on the streets. It's called an authed speech where one liners are particularly welcome or even one word of Congratulations are acceptable. This isn't enough for you?

Tokyo bit into the pigeon she carried with her before continuing. 

I've personally used a ghost writer before and also have been a ghost writer, but not for the reasons you've stated Lulu. Not because of my rank or because I was insecure of the idea, etc. You said it yourself, they have a price and you have a price, but would you take the price of death?

What attracts people to the streets? What gets a conversation going? Lets look at a Kuku thread, half the people show up to voice that they are going to put a sign in the ground that reads "Do not feed the troll" as they place the sign in the ground. Others show up to argue the famous Kuku/Troll. Eventually Kuku dies for this, that or the other thing. But what makes his speeches go? He obviously gets under peoples skin. 

Another popular speech that gets people all riled up and crazy is the war reasoning. The winning guys give this explanation, the losing guys all the winners liars. Some just come to fill a kiddy pool with their own tears and others gather to thank team win for coming to the streets with an explanation even though they had nothing to do with the takedown/war/massacre. 

What I'm getting at is a speech needs to be exciting! It needs to sides to form, people to get passionate and the speaker may need to toe the line a bit.

You're saying that if the price is right you'll speak for others even if that speech is, for example, against the current power house? They'll look down upon it and you and your crew leader may kill you for it. But if the price is right who cares? You can pass that pretty penny down to your next of kin, but is it worth it?

P.S. Is Lulu a form of Kuku? 

Report Post Tip

Is this the place where I can give my 15 minute rant on how much Kassadin is a minge quelcher?

Report Post Tip

You said it yourself, they have a price and you have a price, but would you take the price of death?

You're saying that if the price is right you'll speak for others even if that speech is, for example, against the current power house? They'll look down upon it and you and your crew leader may kill you for it. But if the price is right who cares? You can pass that pretty penny down to your next of kin, but is it worth it?

Oh, I'm not saying a thing about the price being right.  No one has to pay me to give their speeches for them. (If they wanna throw me something I wouldn't complain though.) And yes, I will give someone's speech against whoever the current power house is, free of charge.

Killing me for sharing someone else's words would be ridiculous. My line would certainly think less of those who were into shooting the messenger, but whatthefuckever, at least my death wouldn't be accidental. And it's absolutely worth it. If there's a speech so exciting that someone is gonna die over it out there I'd be willing to die to start that conversation.

Oh and, Lulu is a form of AWESOME.

Is this the place where I can give my 15 minute rant on how much Kassadin is a minge quelcher?

Sure Rhakios, but you may want to start off with what exactly it is that you think "minge quelcher" means. 

Also, Kassadin is the loveliest. <3

Report Post Tip

A crew leader is judged many ways including how he/she handles their members. This does not just include a random member going rogue (which does look bad on the crew leader) or new blood to our shores shooting at a different crews body guards or forts (which does look bad on the crew leader). Both of these things can and probably will happen to the majority of the crews of past, present and future. Payed off and swept under the rug, but then things to start building up. Whispers of plotting against each other, paranoia, people start posting speaking things from that crew that starts to get labeled up to no good. Do you still think that Lulu, don't shoot the messenger, is still awesome?

Whatthefuckever to your crew leader. Well, that's what you're saying to him or her if you speak of something that goes against the grain. They should just understand that the words you speak are not yours right? You have no problem dying, but everyone action has consequences. Do you want to be responsible or apart of why your crew leader or future crew leader is shot?

I understand your idea here, but you've got to be smart about it. It's not smart to just let anyone hide behind you as your represent their words. Also, to anyone that would like to take Lulu's service and you come up with your slander, truth, disgruntled feelings and get the poor girl killed, what's to say she won't rat you out after she's dead?

Report Post Tip

what's to say she won't rat you out after she's dead?

What point could there possibly be in doing so? I can see people being afraid that I'd out them rather than be killed (although I wouldn't, I'd rather see those kinds of things said than be alive if we're going to accept the proposition that those things must be mutually exclusive, which I don't agree with) but in that case I was already killed, and I'm going to, what, give a name to the people who were lame enough to kill me? Doesn't seem likely.

Whatthefuckever to your crew leader.

Those who were into shooting the messenger in that case wouldn't be my crewleader. My crewleader is just responding to threats, threats made by the people who are lame enough to be into shooting the messenger because they can't handle people saying things they dislike like big boys and girls. Reacting in that fashion instead of addressing the speech that they object to says something about their character, it's a response itself. The discussion is still being had, just in actions. And the anonymous speech giver is probably going to look more reasonable. That speech get viewed even more. Good fucking job guys.

If my crewleader were to kill me or drop me due to that pressure I'd get it. And my ancestor would continue providing the service where I left off.

Report Post Tip

You mean descendant? 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Got Something To Say?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL