Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 03:49:50
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
WAR Started by: Assassin on Dec 05, '13 12:58

So we recently saw in the last 36 hours a war which had a lot of similarities to the May war. We have just seen a good 90% of the user database die again, some more than once. I myself count myself lucky to still be alive, but the question that is burning in my fore thoughts, which may be the same question that everyone else who wasnt in the know wants to know. My father was a casualty of the CHI war which had also drawn Blackbottom, Downtown, and Corktown into the fray on the same side as West Side, Chicago, (thats where i come in) against North Side and South Side Chicago. I respectfully ask why that fight broke out? I believe that everyone who died not knowing what for is entitled to at least something of an answer, though none is required.

Little over 24 hours later, another war broke out between Brooklyn, NY and the rest of the game. The rumor for that war is that Paul Klint betrayed Ladyfighter and wiped her out and yet Chicago was involved in that war as well. Im not one to believe everything that i hear so i also respectfully ask why that war broke out? New York was at one point in time the most unified city in the game. If one district went to war you could almost guaranteed teh other districts would band together and help out the district that was fighting. since the beginning of this war i have served under 3 different crew leaders on the same account. so once again i respectfully ask... why?

so onto my third and last point i would like to air out. This time the question isn't why the war broke out as it is painfully obvious. This war between Staten Island and Philadelphia was over the death of Godfather Cray. So here is what chapped my ass the most. Its not that Corky declared the war to avenge Cray's death, both were best friends in more ways than one. It was the fact that Corky retired her account during the war which literally fucked over the rest of her city and district. If they had a prayer of killing Klint, it was Corky who would have had the best chance. So here it is... The BIGGEST QUESTION OF THEM ALL..... If your responsible for the welfare of an entire district, why would you start a war and not finish it? i will add that by doing that Corky left her district and city flapping in the wind. I am loyal to my city and district to the bitter end. Why would you leave the people you are responsible for hanging high and dry like that? 

Please feel free to speak your opinions on this matter. all i ask is that they be respectful as i am not creating this thread to be offensive but rather to gain the opinions of those that wish to give it. The reasons for the above questions are all up for speculation as there hasn't been a thread posted explaining. 

Report Post Tip

Well Remy, Goodfellas and I were talking about it after Corky suicided. We understood what she did we harbor no ill feelings and this was the words me and Remy agreed on "We are dissapointed that she involved other people in the war and then suicides leaving the rest of the war up to the people she gotten involved".

Report Post Tip

I'll be honest, I'm very sad this thread hasn't got more attention. These are the threads that should be getting replies up the wazoo and it seems that because this is in the OOC everyone is ignoring it, which is a shame.

Generally, there are 3 very distinct stages of a war:

1. the conflict

2. the theories

3. the official reasoning.

I feel like I'm being denied my fair share of wild conspiracies, entertaining theories and eerily accurate deductions. Generally, these are some of the 'funnest' things that an happen in the aftermath of a war, and that hasn't really transpired this time which I'm surprised/sad about.

Report Post Tip

I agree with Godfather Cantona, I remember after Quientin Tarintino (excuse me if I did not spell this right) took down Lex_Luther and the rest of Brooklyn I remember a ton of people flooding the streets. Some were complaining that they were killed and not even knowing why, some were just throwing mean remarks and open displays of disrespect at QT, and some were just rumors at all that had happened. Until QT himself came out onto the streets and explained the situation which was followed with over 100 replies from members of both sides of the war arguing at what had happened... Now I for one love to see the arguing and fighting after the war, and more off I like to know why so many of my friends died. Even if I wasn't involved in the conflict myself.

Report Post Tip

I've also been waiting for some official words. It's a sad state of affairs that someone feels that they are almost taking a risk, just to receive a well-considered piece about the recent events that affected the whole user base, in one way or another.

Let’s not forget, this is a text-based game. The Streets are there to be used.

I have come to expect war posts coming very late in the day (if at all) – but it is not something I will ever grow comfortable with. I always championed those posts that came during a war, even if it were only a quick explanation and a perceived last pump of the fist by a wobbling leader. The reasons being that it encourages varied discussion and activity of a high importance in The Streets; it can help shape and define a leader’s character and personality to the masses, and finally – it informs the entire user-base about your own perspective of events, and allows them to understand what is going on and where they stand. It can be entertaining.

Report Post Tip

Let’s not forget, this is a text-based game. The Streets are there to be used.

a-fucking-men

Report Post Tip

I believe everyone is waiting for some kind of "official word" by one of the Godfathers of the original aggressors (since that created the domino effect which resulted in most of NY and Phillys deaths too). Nowadays I feel they too rarely come, but it's not like they need to give reasons to the rest of us so you can't blame them.  

Report Post Tip

it doesnt change teh fact that those of us who put time and effort into our accounts do somewhat deserve an explanation. even if its a bullshit one.

Report Post Tip

When we got taken down last time As much as it pissed me off Lynch was their with an explanation in days as much as I didnt like the reasons or agree with them as I was dead I was happy someone came out and took responsibility. As someone has already said These accounts take time to build and in some cases money, So yeah Come on tell us what Was going on Or is it because they know there were some underhand backstabbing and dont want to admit it.

Report Post Tip

I too would like to here about the reasons for all that has happaned in the past few days. I hope we get to hear about it soon.

Report Post Tip

I'm not the one of the Godfathers on the side of the victors but of course I fought in the war.

As I see it, the reason for the first takedown of West Side/Detroit was simple there were rumours that WS/DT were about to take us out. Maybe these rumours were not true, I do not knowif they were or not but my Godfather felt they were enough to act and we did.

The second War I believe was both a joint reason of a request from Staten Island and to consolidate our position after taking out WS/DT. I do not believe we felt comfortable leaving New York to be fearing a counter attack in the near future. Whether this would of happened I don't know I'm just giving the reasons as I see it.

Once the main wars finished Philly decided to war with Staten Island. You'd have to ask them why this happened but I believe tensions had been stewing for sometime.

I have great respect for the other side in any war especially ones who fought so hard. I always fight for my family and city to the end and it gives me great heart when I see others doing the same.

To the victors goes the spoils I suppose but the other side have a lot to be proud of in their defense of their cities.

Report Post Tip

As I see it, the reason for the first takedown of West Side/Detroit was simple there were rumours that WS/DT were about to take us out. Maybe these rumours were not true, I do not knowif they were or not but my Godfather felt they were enough to act and we did.

I can respect that but I have one question to that ToyArmadillo. was there any logs? and if so were they even given a chance to be proven false?  probably a question that only a select few can answer. 

The second War I believe was both a joint reason of a request from Staten Island and to consolidate our position after taking out WS/DT. I do not believe we felt comfortable leaving New York to be fearing a counter attack in the near future. Whether this would of happened I don't know I'm just giving the reasons as I see it.

so are you saying that CHI now has the right to auth in NY? im just trying to figure out what you mean by consolidating your position after the decimation of DT (yet again) and WS. I doubt that Ladyfighter would have attacked unless she was provoked first.

Thank you ToyArmadillo for your reply. that is the closest that we have gotten so far to any sensible reasons for the wars. I appreciate your input and respect everything you said. im just looking at those 2 things from another perspective. Nobody likes to die and have to start over but it is an unavoidable thing in this world of ours. Nothing lasts forever.  to some it is disheartening, to others its a chance to get out of a crew they may not have liked. For me its a chance to build a better account than the last one. which is what i always strive to do.

Report Post Tip

I can respect that but I have one question to that ToyArmadillo. was there any logs? and if so were they even given a chance to be proven false?  probably a question that only a select few can answer. 

I don't know if there were logs Assassin or if they were unfounded rumours but if they were given a chance to be proven false then the other side would know that we were worried about them attacking us and then surely have acted as quickly as we did to ensure their safety and taken us out. Unfortunately rumours have a tendency to turn into fact and it began an inevitable spiral where one side would have acted to take out the other just on the strength of these rumours.

so are you saying that CHI now has the right to auth in NY? im just trying to figure out what you mean by consolidating your position after the decimation of DT (yet again) and WS. I doubt that Ladyfighter would have attacked unless she was provoked first.

You doubt that she would, but you have inside information, I do not know LadyFighter personally and saw a threat, one that we needed to get rid of to keep our own families from being wiped out due a possible attack.

Of course nobody likes to die and I more than anyone knows what it is to be on the wrong side of a war. But in the end we just have to dust ourselves down and move on.

Report Post Tip

I would simply like to thank you Mr.Armadillo for answering the questions presented and telling us what you knew about the situation.

Report Post Tip

I too appreciate some explanation.  There is nothing worse than putting time into an account and then be killed in your sleep with no whisper.  Then no victor's speach?  No excuse for that.

Report Post Tip

Men and women from both sides fought bravely and to them I give my highest respect. May all that have fallen find rest for thier souls.

Report Post Tip

I can tell a member(s) of the upper structure deposed west side under lynch reached out to an upper structure member of the suburbs allegedly explaining how Ladyfighter came to offer to help lynch.  Lynch allegedly told her to stay out as the WS and detroit were already decimated.  Initially rumours were, things would work via dialogue and a see how things go, when NY allegedly approached i guess it gave a better opportunity to strike and end any rumours plus of course an increased level of support as things have not been as good as they looked for a while in NY.

Of course post war we have a new set of rumours, but sadly is always the case.

As for consolidation, I doubt anyone would move to NY without paul klint asking them, but we all know how much diplomacy is involved in setting people up.  Is there problems, of course, some cities could now set up ill equipped crews financially and defensively due to an attempt to avoid an npc outbreak which would be even more costly

Report Post Tip

I have but one thing to say about that!

I HAVE ZEE LOGZ!!!11

Report Post Tip

Dedshot, not that it really matters or that you will do it, i would actually liek to see the logs. but like i said, that is probably gonna land a fuck you.

Report Post Tip

There's probably no logs, just as there was no real reason, hence why nothing has been said on the matter. Probably just worth looking to the future Assassin and living in the now and future as Brendan would say. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: WAR
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL