Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 08:59:49
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
What Honor would do for you Started by: Honor on Dec 16, '13 20:18

You leave the dog track dissatisfied with what you had won. You only made $2K in one day. You decide to cut your loses and head home. On 17th street you see a man place down a soap box, it was time for yet another speech. People started to gather around and you decided to hang around to see what this man was going to say

"HELLO EVERYONE! Now that I have your attention I'd like to discuss the new authing of several people in beautiful Staten Island. I myself have thrown my name on that ballet, and I must thank my leader for allowing me to do so. My whole bloodline has been devoted to a moment like this, my father and his fathers and my self have worked endlessly to ensure the safety of others and to ensure they had a roof over their head and money in their pocket. I ensure you that I will devote my life to ensure that my family is safe and that they will all have the chance to move up in this world of ours when they are ready. I'm no liar, not a thief or a scam artist I hold true to my word, I have honor that some of these people don't. I hold true to the old way of doing things, buying my members a drink or dinner before asked to join, not simply giving out our address to anyone and everyone. Also I will continue Drunky's no taxes belief as BackToShootPeeps has, the money you make is yours and you deserve to keep it, but to be moved up you gotta send a little something up. I implore you to vote for me this fine day to help me ensure a highly regarded spot, also if you can prove that you have helped me I will give you a reward. Thank you for your time today everyone, I thank you in advance for helping me and god bless." Honor steps down for his soap box, picks it up and takes out a wad of cash to start paying these fine people.

Report Post Tip

How much reward are we talking Honor? I, like many other mobsters could be bought for the right price, just as my voice for or against you can be purchased too. 

Desmand winks. 

Report Post Tip
Mate when the voting opens tomorrow and when you can prove to me that you did it I will give you around $30K. It sounds like a fair number to me.
Report Post Tip

30k?

Desmand almost spits his coffee out.

Considering the financial gain that comes from running ones own district not to mention the additional respect and say you have in matters relating to this world. I'll take nothing shy of 3 credits worth for my vote. 

Report Post Tip
My friend, that'd be around $1.2 million per vote. I'd not be running the district, I'd be working alongside with multiple people to make sure we are doing everything in our power to make Staten Island a place of high stature again.
Report Post Tip

Kilika waited for the crowd to disperse after the speech so he could have a chance to speak with Honor. 

You claim that you have honor and that "some of these people don't". Would you be referring to other candidates? As the only other registered candidate at this time is Aaron Mckeever, are you saying he is not honorable? 

Report Post Tip
Buying votes, what do you think you're Obama? I kid, no one will get that joke from the future anyways.
Report Post Tip
Kilika by no means was that directed to any candidate. I refuse to say anything negative about anyone else running as that'd be childish, I was simply referring to some people in our world that do some things that would not be acceptable back when St.Louis and those cities had mafia organizations around.
Report Post Tip

got my vote. 

Report Post Tip

No disrespect intended by this Honor, but you say you have honor and the people of the past did not but yet you come onto the streets with a huge long speech and try and buy votes. This seems like a rather dishonorable thing to do.

Report Post Tip

Hey man, whatever gets him the votes right? I may vote for him just for actually coming out here and trying as a new face.

Everyone is nervous there first time around, I know I was.

Report Post Tip
Why should I come here and make a long speech which no one will read? I came here and was completely honest with everything, I simply said what I intend to do if sent over. And if I was to buy votes I'd be paying what Desmond wants which I'm not, it's a simple thank you and to show I appreciate you helping me.
Report Post Tip

Oh no I agree, and this guy has balls for coming out here. But, when the central argument of his speech is Honor, this doesn't seen to fit in. Do you understand where I'm coming for??

Report Post Tip

I see but, by simply not paying Desmond means your not willing to pay $1,200,000 for a single vote

Report Post Tip

Sweeney sits on a bench with his right leg rested upon his left leg. Having his arms spread across the back arches of the bench, his coat pocket was open with his pet frog Mr. Albert rested inside. Sweeney adjust his orange tie to release the pressure of it on his neck, and throws the end of the tie over his shoulder. He listens to the new ballot speech from Honor with a lit cigarette pierce on his lips. With no emotion on his face he positions himself to Honor's presence to ask about affairs of his plans in New York.

I don't have any ties to New York and shouldn't be my business in the first place, but when I represent the great bip in Detroit, I worry about the future auths in Detroit and all over the U.S. How would you benefit for everyone in the life of crime besides New York or is that now your problem at the time? What are your intentions as a Crew Leader in the near future if elected? You're providing a lot of promises and leaving a lot of trust to believe in you. But, I can look aside of that for now, as I want to know your goals and ambitions as a Crew Leader. 

Report Post Tip
When asked how much I replied with $30K, take it or leave it I will not pay for votes I will reward and thank people for helping me get to where I want to go.
Report Post Tip

Of course you were not directing it at Mr. McKeever, I apologize if it seemed like I was insinuating such a thing.

However, you may claim to be more honorable than leaders of the past, but I am not quite convinced. Would you be willing to state some of the actions taken by these people you speak of and how you would have better handled said situation?

Report Post Tip
Many great questions Sweeney, I thank you for asking them. For how I will benefit the other cities in this world of ours, I will work very closely with all other organizations not only those in New York. For New York specifically, I will do my best to ensure that the city will be safe and be prosperous once again. This city has been home to many generations of family and it has not been as highly regarded as it once has, I intend to work with the other leaders to ensure it grows to it's full potential. For your second question sir my intentions are quite simple, I intend to build up a strong family made up of new comers right off the boat and those returning to these shores. I do not plan to tax my family as I do believe the late Drunky was right not to tax us. I also intended to ensure everyone a chance to help me lead when they are deemed fit, so giving everyone a chance to be a hand at some time.
Report Post Tip
Well Kilika I'd rather not name anyone, most of these people are no longer with us very few who still are. I have seen many leaders not teach their sponsors how to recruit properly, they simply go out looking for people and giving them their address or asking them if they'd like to have it. They did not tell them anything about their organization or anything about themselves and didn't see it fit to see who they were bringing in. I also have seen leaders themselves do this and it breaks my heart every time because this should not be acceptable in our world. My great grandfather had written journals about how things were done in his time and I still see it as the only right way how to do things. Also they didn't discipline members when they were to shoot a new member of our society when they knew they shouldn't have because they were too new and not gotten the feel for things yet.
Report Post Tip
My question is this, I dont know you, and I have no judgements about you. So I poise this question, will you lead by example, always being on the front line, working harder than the rest, or shall you sit back, delegate, and allow your hands to do the dirty work?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What Honor would do for you
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL