Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 00:02:50
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Feeding my Ego. and the Streets Started by: WhereWasI on Jan 06, '14 13:08

WhereWasI steals iocaste's gun, points it in the air and fires off a shot to get everyone's attention.

"I've brought you all here today to prevent the recent street activity from fading away as it usually does. I'd like to convince people to start speaking more often and we'll start with this thread. I believe the streets need an asshat to tell you all why you're stupid and spark debates, more story telling (role plays) because I personally like telling them and hearing some good ones from time to time, more competitions to encourage those afraid of speaking to speak (write) or think and see why it's harder than it looks, and most importantly... a lot more WhereWasI because clearly all the negative comments are just people's way of begging for more."

"To get people speaking in here we'll put up a vote, as a humorous poke at the competition I greatly dislike and made such a fuss about. If you want to see a topic for people to argue over respond with a topic because I can't consistently come up with controversial topics... there is a limit to my controversial capabilities but I'll do my best to make it as bipolar of a subject as possible. If you'd like to hear more stories simply state that; ideas are welcome but not necessary because I've got more than enough stupid ideas (mostly insulting the french and my fellow leaders in one on one stories). If you want a competition, state that here and be prepared to send me at least a quarter million dollars because I'm not gonna come up with a competition for you guys and personally fund it. If you'd like to see more WhereWasI and don't care what I talk about, just say it and don't hug me or I will take that as permission to mug you and call you a worthless excuse of a person publicly for the rest of your life regardless of any PPing rules."

"Votes are based on my respect for you. So most of you will need to provide a reason and some logic to get any kind of a real vote at all. JackRyan need not vote at all, please go kill yourself and help Natural Selection finish off your goofy species. I pick on JackRyan as an example to show you all rank and title really don't mean anything to me. I will only give value to your words based on the mind that thought them up. I will not be announcing whether or not your vote mattered (other than JackRyan... seriously, you suck), providing a method to figure out if I care about you or not isn't why I'm out here."

"All questions about the vote are welcome. All forms of street activity will be covered regardless of voting. Total content quantity and quality will be determined by how many of you out there prove to be worth my effort."

"Asshat who thinks you're all stupid is done speaking, you may do as you please."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Myrddin wasn't one to speak in the streets, really. He usually had more important things to do. However, for some odd reason, he felt compelled by forces beyond his control to make an exception this time. First he needed to refill his Irish coffee though. He had priorities.

Anyhow, after drinking a bit more, Myrddin addresses WhereWasI...

How about the subject of people repeating themselves or others repeatedly? Back when I used to not be busy(or when I cared), I would notice that most street activity was oddly similar to the street activity from the previous week/month/etc. I'm fairly certain that this trend continues today but I'm far too lazy to actually check it out.

I used to use that very topic as the reason I never really checked out the streets anymore. The same old arguments and topics used over and over. It got boring. That was, of course, before I got old and discovered that I no longer cared about what people thought of me. So now I mostly don't give a fuck.

That being said, I sometimes flip-flop on this very topic as re-discussing issues gives newer bloddlines to give arguments. Or older lines to rephrase their previously used arguments.

Myrddin pours more whiskey into his cup of coffee so that it's mostly whiskey now and takes a big drink before continuing.

Orr perhaps I misunderstood your entire speech and I wasn't actually supposed to argue with myself about the topic I was suggesting but hey, I'm SLIGHTLY(and by slightly I mean VERY) drunk!

Report Post Tip
I vote for more comments about people that you can't stand. Above anything else, those jabs at others entertain me the most.
Report Post Tip

"I'd like to open my responses by thanking Ragnarok for taking time out of his busy schedule to make what I assume to be another whining and/or sarcastic comment. I'm sure your lack of originality and variation in use of material is fantastically accepted amongst people over the age of 90 still angry at our use of electricity and talk about the good old days every minute of their waking existence, but unfortunately it's not well accepted by me in my discussions. Please fuck off."

Report Post Tip

OOOOOOH.SHOTS FIRED! 

Moving on, while I do appreciate the effort put into this lyrical masterpiece that is a cleverly hidden way of insulting the pathetic Panda that is JackRyan... I'd like a debate on PickPocket rules,please. I was intending to make one myself..but then again, I am too lazy and have nowhere near the interest that you,WWI obviously have to rejuvenate these fair Streets.

Yes, I realize that it is cliche..but then again, it is cliche for a reason. In my experience, fights over PPs is what has caused the most deaths in this world of ours, besides of course, wars and Cory_Chase being a tyrant. Also, this is one of the most bipolar topics..some hate it, some fucking love it and there are others not so sure and of course there will be the Ragnarok-types who will do nothing to contribute to the topic but will simply point out the fact that it has been discussed time and time again.

So,yeah..I volunteer a rehashing of PP'ing and rules pertaining to it as a possible topic of discussion.  

Report Post Tip

I'd like a newspaper of the anonymous variety, perhaps assembled by yourself WhereWasI. Where authors can hand in rumours/theories/general bashings of those in power or making the powerful decisions. Or alternatively shedding light on recent events to which all the details aren't privy to most of us. Something akin to, if the history books write it so, The Bloody Tissue offering to post stories and work anonymous. Naturally that leaves the writers identity at the mercy of yourself and the pressure you're put under by your uppers. But there's no doubt work can be passed via several friends until the original source is not know. 

We can tip anonymously, so why not speak that way? They're usually the most entertaining stories outside of war related topics and generate the most "buzz" for example the Phil_Steak tales. 

Report Post Tip

I should add, that it's not just related to those "in power." It can be anyone, but usually most conspiracy stories involve an event and most of us mobsters don't make or determine the outcome of any events and decisions. 

Report Post Tip

"Ghost writing gets people killed because it's a ploy for the author to avoid punishment. It'll get me or the author who turns something controversial in killed and I'll be the scapegoat either way. I'm not gonna be stuck in between the guy saying what is and isn't okay, and broadcasting any message anyone feels like. I'm sorry but I'm only using topics, not others peoples' words."

Report Post Tip
Some say a poor mans kuku, I wouldn't even dignify you as that, IMO, I'd rather see less well thought out speeches than senseless drivel of this kind! You do annoy the living, seven colours of shite out of me. You're boring and your self gratification is massively lost on me and most others. Despite what you hope or think you're achieving by being an ass in the streets, I can assure you it's having the opposite effect and it's being a drain on people, and society, kuku would be rolling in his grave!
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $70,000 Tip

"And some would say you have quite the 'new-life balls' on you. I'm also confused why you'd rather see less well thought out speeches than drivel unless your whole point is to kill the streets. Either way, I couldn't care less about attacks at my person because it simply means you can't attack the point at hand. Why is it drivel? What makes it pointless? Can you stick to the topic presented? Most likely not. Shoo fly, I have no time for creatures with your level of thinking and attention span."

Report Post Tip
TL:DL
Report Post Tip

"Further proving my point that your attacks at my person are centered around stupidity and being incapable of attacking my ideas. This was one of the shortest opening speeches to a discussion currently on the streets and you deemed it too long to listen to. Bravo sir, way to take a fly's attention span comment about your inability to come up with a legitimate counterpoint from a lack of attention span and literally admit to it. You are well on your way to eating trash and dung with the best of them."

Report Post Tip

"I'd like to open my responses by thanking Ragnarok for taking time out of his busy schedule to make what I assume to be another whining and/or sarcastic comment. I'm sure your lack of originality and variation in use of material is fantastically accepted amongst people over the age of 90 still angry at our use of electricity and talk about the good old days every minute of their waking existence, but unfortunately it's not well accepted by me in my discussions. Please fuck off."

Piss poor effort. For someone who thinks that they're the life of the streets, I would have expected much more. I gave you something to run with, and you sorely missed it. Way to fail.

Report Post Tip

Rags, luckily for you, and this society, the Kuku lineage is back.

Your presence is welcome.  Requested, in fact.

Report Post Tip

Cory Chase walks to the crowd, smile on face, and hand on sword.

"A man willing to discuss topics that are debatable and controversial, or provide anything to the streets that we might want? I like it. I'd be one of the guys to make you tell me stories of the past. I would have that control, correct? I just hope that you haven't signed up for something that might overload your time. Some of the people might look at it as babbling, but I see it as a chance to liven up the streets a bit and get some people involved. That's all that really should pertain to this. Although some people might not enjoy the way you bring it to the streets, I do find it entertaining, and I like how people can give logical debates. Sometimes they get heated, sometimes they don't. Either way, it's part of this world so I would like to see that and I would most likely be one of those that participate.

However, the thing is.... If I wanted to talk about something on the streets, I would do it myself. Controversial or not, I'd be prepared to do it myself. I could use this in a department I don't know about. History. And I love history. For the first time ever, I can make WhereWasI tell me bedtime stories.

So, I say... Yes."

He nods to WhereWasI and pulls out a cigarette.

"As long as it's not any of that Kuku quality.... That's not what I'm looking for here."

Report Post Tip

"I gave you exactly what you asked for Ragnarok. I just directed it at you because I'm not trying to attack bloodlines and I don't take that notion lightly. I'm trying to build something, I won't take an insult lying down so I'll respond in that manner when needed but between that and your comment earlier and elsewhere along the lines of 'we should all start block quoting everything in our responses', I really have no time or patience for someone of your kind."

"Morrissey I don't know or care if you're the real Kuklinski. All he does is cause a ruckus for a short period of time that leads to the streets immediately dying once again. Nothing but forced confrontation rather than searching for interesting subjects that may develop confrontation. It's why you never last, and it's why you never will. You live on hype, not substance of material."

"As for everyone else I'm yet to address, I greatly appreciate your attendance in this discussion. The point of the endeavor should've been apparent and your ability to see past some intentionally provocative wording won't be forgotten any time soon."

Report Post Tip

On a serious note, I half back what Rags was saying initially. He might've been being sarcastic, we haven't really discussed that, but I do appreciate quite strongly the value of a person who can take the piss out of another in a clever manner. Not so much intending to be hurtful towards them, or to make them feel like shit, but simply to bring the comedic value into things.

I'm pretty sure by now that people know that, rightly or wrongly, I'll call a spade a spade, and even though it gets me into trouble sometimes, I'll give an honest opinion about things where I can - sometimes it's obviously out of the question, but I do think that if an idea can't hold up to being questioned at least reasonably well, it's a pretty shit idea. Even if the answers aren't what you want to hear, it is, in my opinion, important to have them in the first place.

Report Post Tip

Well, I hope this little bit was intended to spark some debate..

rank and title really don't mean anything to me

There isn't much worse a person could say in this thing of ours, in my opinion. The entire basis of our being is that we show the respect a rank/title deserves. I'm sure you said that simply to provoke a response, or perhaps you truly believe it. Who knows.

Either way, I would like to see some actual discussion on the matter from the general public. Does anyone care about rank today?

Going backwards now to one of the comments that has been given - I would also like to see how the mafioso of today view the Picking of Pockets. Many know that I love to dip into pockets, almost as much as Iocaste loves to dip into bins. I've never understood all the people that view it as a personal attack when really it does little to no harm in the grand scheme of things.

To the person that compared WhereWasI to Kuklinski. Seriously, No. Just no. WhereWasI might not be everyones cup of tea, but he's a fucking billion miles away from being able to be compared to Kuklinski. Kuklinski to me is a man that likes to think he's intelligent and the saviour of our streets, when in fact his lack of intelligence is constantly displayed for all to see and his sole contribution to our streets is that of a generic class clown, in my view. WhereWasI on the other hand does actually put forth a great deal of effort and is often found using logic and properly formed arguments in discussions, instead of resorting to petty shit like errors in how things are said (a common Kuku trait - if he can't answer a question he'll simply look for a mistake in the way it was asked)

It puzzles me that people don't appreciate the efforts of people like WhereWasI, these streets need the efforts of people like him to keep them active, as someone else also said the streets are in dire need of some form of Newspaper. Where is Gwarble when you need him!

Report Post Tip

Tyrion, in fairness WhereWasI and Kuklinski both bring out what appears to be strong reactions in people. I've suggested that similarity before. They do both get people reacting and talking.

Report Post Tip

Ziva my dear, there is a far far bigger difference between the two, though, in my humble opinion.

Whilst the reaction to WhereWasI is generally argumentative, thats because he is trying to provoke such reaction to spark debate on a topic. Kuku on the other hand is normally found either talking about himself, claiming how he took down someone within this thing of ours despite having nothing to do with it, or generally speaking a complete load of nonsense that somehow seems to garner a load of responses asking him to shut up.

I've never seen someone walk up to WhereWasI whilst he was speaking and stick a big sign in the ground asking that the troll not be fed, which is something the lineage of Kuku became accustomed to.

Still, thats not to say Kuku doesn't contribute to the streets, he does, not everyone shares my view of his work and I can appreciate that, but what I really can't abide is seeing him compared to someone who offers an entirely different type of presence to the streets. It just doesn't sit well with me.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Feeding my Ego. and the Streets
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL