Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 17:26:58
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
South Philly Slugfestsi Started by: Althea on Jan 06, '14 19:19

Althea looked back the new arena she had renovated. She had found one just like it in Bella Vista when she was a kid and heard her grandmother had something to do with it, so she knew she could do this. 

"Anything she could do, so can I." She thought to herself, not for the first time before stepping up to the podium on the makeshift stage that stood before her.

Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for gathering here today. Many of your faces are new to me, but I think more so it is my face that is new to yours. I know I am not seen around much, but I promise you I am here now and happy to announce the establishment of the South Philly Slugfest. It's a simple boxing competition 

Report Post Tip

sign this man up. i love beating teh shit out of people....

Report Post Tip

A boxing competition which will be run similar to they way my grandmother of the same name ran hers. There's a few prizes at stake, so you may want to pay attention!

She clears her throat and looks around before continuing.

Now that I have your attention. All you have to do, is sign up, right here on this paper. Once I have 16 people willing to beat the tar out of each other, I'll begin letting details out into the open. In the mean time, please feel free to use the facilities behind me at no charge.

She bows and steps down knowing that didn't go quite as well as she had hoped, damn frog in her throat in the middle there...

Report Post Tip

Tokyo climbed out of whatever dumpster she had slept in last night. Her head ached, the sun was blinding, waking up was not her thing. She stumbled out into the streets looking for the closets bar. Rum would at least clear the head ache. As for the sun, Tokyo shuffled through the streets hunched over and her hand (she found some new ones) over her eyes. She spotted a nice place up ahead where she knew they kept the good stuff in the basement. As Tokyo was opening up the door to the ice cream shop something caught her ears. 

"A boxing competition....All you have to do is sign up..."

The rum would have to wait, this sounded interesting. She hobbled over and took a place in the gathering crowd. Tokyo wondered if anyone had ever died in a fight and if so, what happened with the body. This made her stomach growl. 

Althea, I'd like to sign up.

A crooked grin found it's way to Tokyo's mouth, she was excited for this even and the training that it required. Good thing she was hungry.

Report Post Tip

Tessa hears of a boxing competition going around she quickly makes her way after finishing her bottle of rum and beating up a guy who stole her money..as she see's a sign up sheet she grabs a piece paper and yells....

Sign me up for it :)

Report Post Tip

Philli hears the words "boxing competition" and perks up at once.

"My daddy used to be a hell of a boxer, and he taught me to bob, weave, and toss a punch. Sign me up"

Report Post Tip

Edward stumbles in drunk off his ass. He finishes his bottle of rum and throws it at the wall shattering it. He looks over and sees Althea waving as he walks towards. 

"Oya lass. Signs me up. I love a good fight lass." He rolls his shoulders and cracks his neck. 

Report Post Tip

Kratos walks back from the bar with his drink in hand and says

"Sign me up, this is something I've loved to do ever since I was young."

Report Post Tip

Fedelta walked into the bar, he hears news of a boxing tournament. He remembered his grandfathers tells of boxing. Knowing he would most likely get his head rocked because he had no other kind of training.

"I don't mind having a little give and take, sign me up!"

Report Post Tip

Kompton stumbles out of his bar, laughing with his bartender until he hears whispers about a boxing competition. Remembering his Grandfather's unspectacular 0-1 boxing record he had no choice but to sign up.

"I Volunteer! I must avenge my pappy's loss."

Report Post Tip

Galvani hears in a distance what is being said...

Sign me up! Wouldn't hurt to be apart of my leaders competition.

Report Post Tip
*A man appears with dirt over his face, wearing green gloves ans trunks, he looks forward and begins*

I know I may not make it too far but I`m sure I`ll give my opponent a clean and fair fight.

*As he grins widely he has hia trainer sign his trainer sign his name*

Sign me up!
Report Post Tip

apep walks up and signs his name on the paper for the boxing tournament 

apep then walks to another room and begins to lift weights to train

Report Post Tip

_The-Crow_  walks up listening to what Althea has to say...

This sounds like a lot of fun Althea, great Idea man!

_The-Crow_  walks over and signs his name on the sign up sheet.

Report Post Tip

I'm down, sign me up for it! I shall train hard until the match begins. Simply by curling egg rolls. 

Report Post Tip

Althea realizes that she's still got two spots left as she opens the door to the gym. She looks around the place and sees a few fighters using weights and two of them sparring in the ring. She waves as she heads over to her office to finalize the poster layout and speak to her bookie about the betting window and get that squared away.

Hey everyone, please let folks know that there are only two spots left for this round of boxing, once those fill up we can begin. She starts to head toward her office again, but turns at the last minute.

Oh, almost forgot. I've settled on a little bit of a giveaway for the prizes, top 3 contenders will get prizes. The top three will be determined by the winner and loser of the Championship bout for first and second, and then the two knocked out in the Finals will also compete for third place. Details will be in your mailboxes, so check those out before you leave.

She heads into her office and shuts the door waiting for those last two names to come in. 

Report Post Tip

As he staggers in, he takes a flask from his pocket and swiftly takes a sip. Using his arm he wipes his lips and smiles.

Well then I hear theres some rookies looking to go one on one with the great one.

I am definately in. 

Report Post Tip

I AM IN! SO IN! LIKE MORE IN THAN WIGGLEBUTT'S LUCK!

Report Post Tip

Sil already working out on a heavy bag hears about the comp from one of his gym mates

"ahhh you can count me in and any one I face out"

Sil shows off by throwing a combo then a deep breath as he realises he not as young as he used to be

Report Post Tip

Althea emerges from her office and puts a makeshift sign in the window.

REGISTRATION CLOSED!

Please come back for an announcement of the bouts and for betting.

She heads back into her office with a skip and begins to weight the candidates.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: South Philly Slugfestsi
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL