Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 02:52:55
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
What a comment heard. Started by: Galvani_ll on Jan 10, '14 12:10

As Galvani was leaving WiggleButts muffin shop, he over hears somebody in the crowd mention how, in this thing of ours, rank does not matter. He thought to himself how idiotic it sounded and hoped the man was drunk. It could not leave Galvani's thoughts and it troubled him as to why this man would say such a thing. Galvani then motions to the crowd and asks...

"If rank does not matter then why have ranks? Why have an upper structure? Why do we need auths?

Of course Galvani sarcastically says this with a smile, but in confusion still as to why a comment like that would be said. He continues to ask...

"To all of you I must ask, in your opinion, does rank matter in this thing of ours?" 

Report Post Tip
Did you bother to think about what the "idiotic" man was saying? Or did you just take it for face value?

I'm guessing that the second one applies, let me try and straighten this out here.

Rank should mean everything in this world! We should strive to obtain it and die to maintain it. Our fundamentals to the system have warped and taken away what it used to mean, what it should mean.

It's handed out like fucking candy yet it's supposed to hold the same value/meaning as if it was earned? In my mind, that's not how it works.

Rank to me has been stripped down to its "coded" functions

Opinions are opinions. If you care to offer reasons as to why yours differs then do it, don't just run your mouth.
Report Post Tip

Chain of command!!!! Despite what people may say to others They will jump if the Boss asks them and if they dont they will not get far in this world of ours! How do you get promoted? Rank up? by doing the job your are asked to do and in some cases going above and beyond the call of duty for your Family. Rank means allot to the people who resect it and strive to gain it, and nothing to the people who are not pepared to work for it.

Report Post Tip

I love JohnSmith. I think I shall name my next child Pocahontas.

Report Post Tip

Depends on what you want. If you want to play the classic Godfather rank system, with nothing but training until a war breaks out then you die. Or you have a guy who can become a hired gun after 70 petty crimes, the man could either go incognito and wait until he is stronger to attack, or attack the lower structure and deliver a blow there. Either way a game is just a roll in this thing of ours. Everyone has the right to view and achieve their mafioso path, if anothers path does not suit yours, then dont take that road.

Report Post Tip

By game I mean style

Report Post Tip

Damn John Smith hit the bullz eye

Report Post Tip
What I say wasn't to offend but to make aware of how words can be taken. I did think about it. But my mind was still with the fact of disrespect to those who have made their way. You can not say rank is given out like candy because many families are different. Yes there could be a connections with a kin from a fallen but so what? It's the trust they have in that person. As for me , I don't just simply ask somebody to join my family, it takes more than that. I stick to the traditional way of things. If the person shows no interest, I show no interest. Many have forgotten the respect for ranks, and I say this because I've seen it; I've experienced it. That point I was trying to make is that people should be respected for their ranks. If I offended, I'm sorry. But that how I scrutinized your statement.
Report Post Tip

Ha have you been to our shores as an immigrant lately? Lol , invitations are handed out like candy, when playing serious I am like a raffle to see who i'll join. Seriously no effort on the recruiting now and days, makes this thing of ours boring. Then Ranking hahahah, now that ohhhhh that is a joke. I can join any crew donate a little cash annd boom walllaaaa! A Rouge Boss is in your mix, it is so much easier being Incognito now in days, Why? Because Activity reaks of a want for a bullet to the skull. The people who donst mummble in the streets live the longest. Then the money value sucks dick from inflation. A 25 million dollar hit, I made in a night at poker.  If I make that much cash in one night, the rank system is worth shit because I can just buy my rank. 

Report Post Tip
Your way of thinking is something that'll never get you where you want, yes, I can see, you like the traditional way of things, but let's skip to the present shall wee
, change is bound to happen, activity is bound to lower. Respect is gained. The comments you have made could make people think it's all just a game, but really this is your life we speak of.
Report Post Tip

Bro this way of life, its a joke. I will not stand by to see it be tarnished, I will fight and bring my idea of "new" into the game.

Report Post Tip
You'll not see it tarnished you say, yet you stand out here acting a damn fool. Making a jackass out of yourself isn't the way around here. You can try, but you shall fail like everyone else before you has.
Report Post Tip
Like I said, things are bound to change, whether it be quite or an increase do bloodshed. But let's be real here. In this way of life we try to avoid death until it is necessary to sacrifice ourselves for those above us. And why do I say that? It's because many of my fathers have done so. I may not reveal who my fathers were, but I will say, the respect and loyalty they gave to those above the were always true.
Report Post Tip

Hmm making a jackass or point? I have money, I can buy myself any rank I want. I can go in a family, take what 15+ days, train hard by killing BGs which is like 5 kills per shot. Rank up then go rouge.  That sounds fucking beautiful, you can sit there camping bored and wait for your war im making it happen. Thanks to yalls loop hole why not?

Report Post Tip
I'd like to hear more about this rank buying. Seems to be something new and fancy. Do share all mighty one.
Report Post Tip

Thank you sir! Finally a man with logic willing to listen.. Simple, you go in a family donate around 3-10 million and post a couple posts nd waaaaaallaa! Boom Made man.. the fuck. Plus to get higher its just the same thing. 

Report Post Tip
With your statements, Recon, you'll never fined a place in this things of ours. So what if there is war or no war? We progress as it goes along. From my fathers journal many years ago, war isn't what makes you the best. The respect you have from others member, without fear of they self, is what gets you recognized. The way you think, once again, will not get you anywhere. And to those who have witnessed Recon, be careful of who you recruit, it can end badly or, in your favor at that.
Report Post Tip

Zzz Oh sorry I fell asleep. Yup, sucks to say that life. Loop holes can be found and my children will go incognito, sooooo... yeah just join the stupidest family with the stupidest rank requirments, get trained then go blasting Eh yolo?  The hit list isnt put to work, and everything about this mafia community is Mickey mouse, im doing things my way.

Report Post Tip
Do some people earn it? Yes, they do. Much respect goes to them and the title they hold

That thought process is a major problem with how rank has fallen. Kin and the "trust" they magically bring off the boat. You just told me they don't have to earn their way because of their parents and the trust they built. Really? Everyone should EARN their way in this world, fuck your coffee shop relationships. No matter how you try and spin it, you're a fucking civilian when you step foot on these shores, not a fucking mob boss.

There isn't an acceptable reason to just hand someone a promotion.

Rank doesn't hold respect anymore, what you've accomplished is how you're measured. You wanna know the sad thing? Those are supposed to be one and the same...
Report Post Tip
I should find one of these easy ranking family's. I had to cut my own liver out and give 50 million just to hit wise guy. Something is definitely wrong here
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What a comment heard.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL