Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 17:02:21
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
VDAY SUGGESTIONS: We could use your input. Started by: Squishy on Jan 16, '14 18:44

Soooo, what improvements can we do over previous vdays to make it a better experience for all?

Report Post Tip

Well I'm not sure if I was such a big fan of the whole teaming up way of working things. Maybe because we already do that all year round. I would like to see every man for himself kinda experience being brought back into it. Although thats just me

Report Post Tip

Yajirobe, if you could suggest a model that would ensure team working isn't possible/viable then I'd be all for it, but ultimately it's going to be v. v. hard to legislate for the fact that most people will want to work in teams and will adapt their 'strategy' accordingly.

Report Post Tip

You know what Cantona, I think if districts are used exactly like they are now. I think team working won't work as well as it did before anyway. lol

Report Post Tip

either that or it will make it worse

Report Post Tip

Yajirobe, if you could suggest a model that would ensure team working isn't possible/viable then I'd be all for it, but ultimately it's going to be v. v. hard to legislate for the fact that most people will want to work in teams and will adapt their 'strategy' accordingly.

The first VDay was such a model:)

Report Post Tip

You could assign a number to each person, and that be their character name, with it changing every few minutes or half hour to keep things random. I'm not sure of the practicality of this but it was just an idea from the top of my head.

Report Post Tip
I like the numbers for names but there's communication going on in mibbits. I say make it si you cant kill anyone outside your family until your family is dead. That way even if you do make plans to team up you have to survive your own family first. And if you really want to take away teams then take away ALL communications until death (mobmail &Mibbits)
Report Post Tip

Would there be a way to give people code names that only other people can see? You just see yourself as, say, Fry but to everyone else you're SexyLover69? Sounds like it might be too much coding and/or not possible, but I've always wanted the nickname SexyLover69. :(

Report Post Tip
And take away access to forums aswell. i think that would be fun because it would be complete chaos.
Report Post Tip

I would like to see a full "opt out" feature so that anyone not interested can go about their daily lives in relative peace.

Report Post Tip

I like the numbers for names but there's communication going on in mibbits. I say make it si you cant kill anyone outside your family until your family is dead. That way even if you do make plans to team up you have to survive your own family first. And if you really want to take away teams then take away ALL communications until death (mobmail &Mibbits)

There are many more ways people communicate beyond IG methods and the MR server. All of which Izzy and team have no way of controlling. So there will be communication no matter if all MR avenues are shut down.

You could assign a number to each person, and that be their character name, with it changing every few minutes or half hour to keep things random. I'm not sure of the practicality of this but it was just an idea from the top of my head.

Along with Fry's suggestion of not being able to see the "name" is a possible solution... If the possibility of tracing through id numbers was also removed.. not sure if that is possible though, I'd imagine not.

The first VDay was such a model:)

DedShot, or anybody who was around really, could you explain how the first Vday was done? For those of us who were not around for it :)

Report Post Tip

Okies... I for one am a fan of this eeevil 'ganging up' thingy that everyone seems to hate so much. That is the only thing that separates vday from the other 'competitions' that we have:Strategy. People figuring out how to work together. I think that is the crux of vday and would be veeeery disappointed  if it were taken away.

Report Post Tip

What AlexMoran said. Strategies aren't even used in takedowns any more reaally. So I don't know why people don't like the idea of actually working together as a family/district/city to try and win the best prizes. You guys do realise the cash prizes are usually substantial = more donations. Not to mention it makes a nice change to have to get the whole family involved and on IRC as opposed to the same old 5/6 people from the crew who are also the hitters. If people have their own groups inside groups, then that's their prerogative.. 

Report Post Tip

I am a huge fan of team work.

Why? Because there isn't much left in the game unless theres a war or a competition. This happens once a year and you cannot take away the advantage of working in teams.

I loved last years. I hope to be around for it for all 24 hours this time.

Report Post Tip

i like like the snowball thing hmm maybe we can put some bullet use on the Vday so it will be more exciting when you have less bullet but it will make the round more long though

Report Post Tip

I like the idea of giving people random names or numbers during the duration of the contest. I think this would make it fair and competetive.

Report Post Tip
"I would like to see a full "opt out" feature so that anyone not interested can go about their daily lives in relative peace."

Us folk who choose not to participate will be allowed to play our regular accounts, we just won't be able to use the wack feature, or BG wack feature. (Though I'm still *really* rooting that we'll be allowed to shoot dead BGs. Shouldn't be that hard to block off every other wacking method but ones that won't affect real players.)
Report Post Tip

Let me pick what stats I win damnit!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I love teamwork, you should add a marry feature so I can propose to sanji!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: VDAY SUGGESTIONS: We could use your input.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL