Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 11:43:25
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Greatest Mafioso of all time Started by: SaintTonyCapone on Jan 02, '09 02:59
I'd just like to point out... Badchoice was way better at strategy than FlyingPig...

And that's no disrespect to the Pig.

No one planned a take down like Baddie.
Report Post Tip
If they could only reproduce together.
Report Post Tip
aside from that time BadChoice wanted to take down Lefty...

ha, i went to bed knowning we would all wake up dead.

I love being right :D
Report Post Tip
For being a man of the cloth, BadChoice was very focused on in-game warfare.
Report Post Tip
Anita was a pretty long lived character. First to legitimately get godfather, I think.
Report Post Tip
Ganelon, BadChoice was your hitsquad leader during a time when you were the most powerful player in the game. For that reason, he will always hold special significance to you, but don't let your sentimentality cloud your judgment.

I learned from BadChoice and would never take anything away from his skills, but the truth is that I became better than him. My takedowns have always been flawless. You can't be "way better" than flawless.

Baddie had the advantage of having as many as 25 high ranked hitters from three different powerful families to participate in his takedowns. Not much planning was necessary. I have always executed flawless takedowns with only a handful of hitters. I have never lost a war that my family started, and have only ever even lost a soldier less than five times in as many years during those wars. That's a record of perfection that no one, not even BadChoice, can claim.

Could Baddie have done the same things I have done if he played during a different era under the same circumstances? Maybe, but he didn't and therefore never had the chance to prove he was my equal. I respect BadChoice and credit him with my training, but to say he was way better at strategy than I am is not only insulting, but foolishly nostalgic. I am not speaking out of pride or arrogance. Any objective person who has been paying attention knows this to be true.

I'm sure I will not change your mind, for you are not comparing our achievements objectively, if at all, but rather harkening back to the "good old days" when you were on top and Baddie was your HSL. He will always be your favorite HSL, and not even God himself could replace him in your eyes.
Report Post Tip
Thank God you're back.

I love getting you all wired about this debate. :) You are right, he has a special place in my heart. So of course I am biased... do I think you both are the best I ever seen. Of course. Both of you, to me, are interchangeable. And I would always be honored to have either one of you guys run whatever hitsquad I possessed at the time.

I also found it quite ironic you said, "not even God himself could replace him in your eyes," when we both know how religious Baddie was. It gave me a chuckle.

You were right about the three families to pull from, but that was later in the reign, his true work was in the beginning. But that's the tomato-tomatoe argument.

I take away none of what you have done. And respect everything you have done, and think you are the best MR has ever seen. I guess this is one of those debates if "so and so player from 1960, can play as good, or better than so and so now, in whatever sport."

Like the old tootsie pop commercials used to say, "The world may never know." :)
Report Post Tip
I have never lost a war that my family started

Thats really not that great a boast is it, lets be honest. If you go into a war that you personally have planned and lose it then it clearly is poor form. Any sensible strategist would realise that if you can't win the war don't go into it.
Report Post Tip
Even where there may not be too much doubt over skills, I prefer my greats to put humility before conceit.
Report Post Tip
Perhaps Mont should have taken your advice, Nino. Just saying. ;O)

SwingingBo, I don't think it is conceited to defend my record. I could have given a litany of my specific accomplishments. That would have been conceited. All I did was state a few facts.
Report Post Tip
Myopia is dandy, conceit is even more fun.
Report Post Tip
Ah but Piggeh you are presuming I planned that whole war on my own. ;)
Report Post Tip
Mirage is the greatest Mafiosi of all time. Okay, maybe not all time. Maybe just this time.

But it's true, damn it!
Report Post Tip
I vote SaintTonyCapone for his excellent run as a CL and his EPIC win shot on Figgs.
Report Post Tip
Took some balls I guess...wasn't the best choice.
Report Post Tip
Jimmy_The_Brit for me.
Report Post Tip
Anita then me jk. Anita for me!
Report Post Tip
I'd say greatest hitters would be

1)Evsie (480)

2)FlyingPig when he got what 400?

3)Mikado when he hit 232 as sherminator I

4)AlfonsiTimello with his multiple 200 kill counts

Probably something around that, my favorite CLs were; Oliver_Mctavish, JohnnyAxe, Silk when it was her ruthless and selena, Mr_47, Skulls, Hayley, Piggeh, Anita, Salvatore_Riina, Caligula, Kangaroo, Nicolea, Marietta, Animal, Jonnie_reese, and wellllll I think that's it. Absolutely loads ofem but they all had their own finess. Oh and Silk when she was Zoey cause she actually considered me for auth >.
Report Post Tip
I think you're wrong Aftershock, Mikado has never been a hitter :/
Report Post Tip
How could you possible have so many "Favourite leaders?"
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Greatest Mafioso of all time
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL