Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 08:15:20
Page:  1 
The History & Legacy of Kuklinski: P1 Started by: Kuku on Feb 04, '14 22:09

The Kuklinski bloodline is known to many.  Kuku, as he's commonly known, came to prominence to some quite recently.  To others, quite some time before that.  And for some prominent bloodlines in this thing, quite some distance in the past.... 

So, what lies beneath the headlines, the scandal, the gossip, the Street threads?  Let's Start...

The Costello Era

An ancestor of the Kuklinski bloodline was named Francis_Costello.  Prior to FC, other names had included Border_Fox and JohnDavidson.  Border_Fox once had a gun battle with a young man named Premeir, though few words were exchanged.  In a similar world (OOC .org), JohnDavidson excelled as a shyshter, horse dealer and con-artist - but in this world, JD wasn't well known, save for friendships with Jimmeh and a couple of others.

Francis_Costello joined a crew in Philadelphia and befriended a RHM named Jono.  FC was ambitious and, unusually for someone in this bloodline, keen to work hard, petty, jailbreak and do what was required of him.  FC had his eye on a prize and that prize was a bold suit.  And, before very long, the prize was in his sight...

Jono approached the Godmother of Philly, SciptiaRourke, to report that he had an ambitious and hardworking Capo wanting to go bold and set up.  The nod was given and FC was given a 10 man HQ.  FC was, at that time, a very heavy user of cocaine, and that should be borne in mind when evaluating the following.  FC met with Jono in IRC Avenue, a place where FC rarely went and had rarely been.  Because of this, FC didn't know a lot of how things worked, particularly in the upper echelons of a major city.  But he was soon to learn...  A crash course, if you will.

Jono asked FC who he had in mind for his RHM position.  FC replied an old friend, currently inactive from this thing of ours, but who would come back and join him.  Jono told FC to "sod off" and, very reasonably, stated that a Philly Made member would be joining him.  FC's mind raced with cocaine induced anger...  Kill, kill, kill...  Memories of Ganelon's RHM wiping out the entire upper structure of a crew crowded his mind.  But he relaxed.  He wouldn't do that.  Would he...??

Anyway, a RHM was duly appointed RJFuller (more of him later...), and FC went to work.  People joined, including Arsenal and FC got on with leading a small crew, enjoying the money that was rolling in.  RJ and him spoke rarely.  Then, FC invited a IRL acquaintance to join.  She was with another crew at the time, and FC stupidly said "just shoot at someone, you'll get killed, then join me".  This she duly did, caused a major incident and joined FC's crew.  However, RJ, little scamp that he was, read his boss's messages and reported back to the power-that-be in Philly.  Scipita shot FC's BG, RJ robbed his money and Jono delivered the coup de grace...  And that was that: the first time a Kuklinski was trusted with something major.  The official Philly announcement can be read here

Lessons learned: RHM can read messages...  Don't assume you know everything...

Prem, Philly, Feuding

The first time a member of the Kuku bloodline tried to cause trouble via the Streets can be read about here

Slab decided that the best way to strike back at Philly was to become a Made member, rogue, then hope that action was taken against them.  The speech linked above was an attempt to predict the likely outcome of such an event.  This was an amateurish attempt, but more was to follow.  Kuku was determined to exact revenge, on Jono, Scipita, RJFuller, and anyone else in Philly.

Some of the Kuku lineage had noticed a man named Premeir - he had a big mouth, a bad temper and would argue with anyone on the Streets...  Kuku's ancestor was named BillW at this point, and BillW had successfully infiltrated a Philly family.  A plan was hatched...

Scam start up cash off lots of members, then fabricate a story about Philly members paying BillW to slander Prem!  It worked, beautifully - the original can be seen here

Prem reacted far more angrily than even Kuku could have predicted and the resulting war seen him die.  For the first time, a Kuklinski had noticed the power of words and of the Streets.

Other Kuklinski ancestors of this period included 1105, Dan_Bond and Phyllis - all tried to join Philly, most were caught and shot in the act by an increasingly vigilant city.  But this bloodline was not to be deterred...  Another crew was just round the corner.

So ends Part One...  At this stage in the bloodline, the motivating factor was revenge on Philly and to get a bold suit again.  Antics on the Streets had started but played second fiddle to random shots and general mischief.

Part 2 will detail a Kuklinski's role in an experiment in SL and more attempts to disrupt Philly, including the unmasking and murder of a Made Man in the midst of an ambitious attempt to defraud millions of dollars....

Others will have their own view of Kuklinski and you are welcome to share your thoughts...  But please, for the same of debate, stick to the points raised in this part.  More will follow.  Time has elapsed since these events and they are generally for historical use only.

Report Post Tip

Having listened to the stories told today by Kuku, Anna lights a cigarette and smiles to the man himself.

Thank you for taking the time to come and share your families histories with us here today, Kuku. It's something that many of the newer bloodlines in our community, my own included, didn't know much off and I'm sure the insight into your background will be quietly appreciated by many.

As I said to you before, the circumstances of our first meeting now do amuse me that little bit more after hearing of those early moves of yours.

I look forward to part two.

Report Post Tip

I remember these days, but around this time my ancestors was very very very.....wait for it... very young and not up to date on how things work in this little thing of ours in our very own world, including the Coffee shops.

Thank you for taking the time to come and share your families histories with us here today, Kuku. It's something that many of the newer bloodlines in our community, my own included, didn't know much off and I'm sure the insight into your background will be quietly appreciated by many.

I am glad to see all these Legacies come out, like Anna said some of these new bloodlines have no knowledge of any of these old stories and great or tyrant leaders. And its good to see some one come out and share them. I enjoy reading History, also great thing about history is to make sure we don't let it repeat itself

Report Post Tip

Memories of Ganelon's RHM wiping out the entire upper structure of a crew crowded his mind. 

Ahhh the memories. 

I didn't even know your bloodline was around during those days. Or was this something your bloodline had heard of?

Report Post Tip

I was an Earner in a different crew when that happened, RichardRoma (he will feature in later parts) was in Ganelon's crew.

Report Post Tip

Wow, didn't even know that. See you learn something every day.

As much as I may disagree with you from time to time Kuku, decent work. Thank for sharing.

Report Post Tip

This was a good read, I look forward to the next part.

Report Post Tip

Very interesting. Your start up was more interesting than most, I look forward to seeing where the rest of this story leads.

Smiles

Report Post Tip
Things start to get interesting in P2...
Report Post Tip
I remember the Slab speech with the financial statements attached. My favorite line in that whole conversation was "Could i maybe get a better fucking explination then start up money?"
Report Post Tip

Yes, that was a particularly good line from Prem.  And him and his were wiped out shortly thereafter.

Report Post Tip

Memories of Ganelon's RHM wiping out the entire upper structure of a crew crowded his mind. 

One of my ancestors was intimately involved with events leading up to that; he left me some records from that time.

According to his diaries, one fellow called FakeMan, in the aftermath of his crewleader's death, became RHM to a rogue. At the time, RHMs were given a special key that gave them full access to the HQ, and bizarrely, the manufacturers of the keys used exactly the same key for every HQ.

When the rogue died, FakeMan kept the special RHM key that gave him access to the HQ and joined Ganelon, who naively did not search him before allowing him to join. When FakeMan realized his RHM key still worked, he used it to sneak into the quarters of a boss named Tallien and murdered him there. 

Once he realized what had happened, Ganelon expelled him from the HQ and complained to the manufacturers of the RHM keys. They closed down the six cities for the night while they changed the RHM keys, and they even managed to resurrect Tallien. This caused a great deal of controversy at the time.

-

Good story; I look forward to hearing more.

Report Post Tip

Fun times, fun times.  Ganelon is a legend.

P2 ready to roll....

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The History & Legacy of Kuklinski: P1
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL