Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 23:46:15
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
War QQ Thread Started by: TreasureGoblin on Feb 18, '14 05:42

Right.

Let’s get the obvious out of the way first. I’m a no name thug that will, at some point in the next 24 hours, be a target for the hordes of raving and desirous hitters out there. I have decided against finding a home, due to both the complication of staying alive after what I’ve said as well as (if life was possible) the shadow that I would leave on whatever crew I join. If it has not been obvious to anyone during their time here, what you say tends to stick with you. I’ve no interest in attaching myself to any crewleader and having said crewleader endure my comments or half defend/excuse them for me.

With that out of the way, I want to say that this little “war” was wrong. Surprising, eh? I’m sure most of you expected this if you took the time to listen my initial words. Or perhaps, some of you started listening to me assuming it was something along the lines of “crying about wars”. Tis accurate, to an extent, but not entirely what might be expected. I certainly hope those who have endured the last few sentences I’ve uttered have the strength to keep going on, rather than state their opinion without finishing listening to me.

First off, my father died and I’m not upset about it. That my own personal connection to Our Thing was indiscriminately removed (half lie, he did do one pro shot) is of no matter to me. He was young, I am younger and far better off to take advantage of things. Even my son, who will succeed me in due time, will have a better chance to make a mark. All that I lost was money, to my Family Line as well as to my father’s crewleader. Nothing more, nothing less. My bloodline has never taken to the streets to cry about the death of family members and is not about to start now. Nor am I upset about how this went down either, for the most part. Wars happen for a reason and I’m merely going to speak about what I think this reason is.

Goblin grins

So. Reason! As already mentioned in a speech by Cantillion (the individual in question, for those who are not keeping up), one of the prime concerns leading up to this war was the fact that Toy Armadillo was going to retire in the near future. For those curious, Toy Armadillo is the current Godfather of Brooklyn. Why this is a prime concern is based off the assumption that Toy Armadillo provides Cantillon's crews a degree of protection based of his prowess with the gun. This is understandable. Every leader I’ve known, as well as my own personal opinion as well as that of others of my line, appreciate such friendly support as that which comes from skilled guns.

That being said, there was no legitimate reason to attack those elements in Detroit that died recently for that reason (aside from being a "power play"). Not having the most skilled gun or the hardest hitting hit squad does not mean your existence is “threatened” by those with better squads. At least, not by those who have done the leadership dance with previous ancestors. It might require more creative means of attacking crews and leaders who directly threaten your existence but those who have the ability to lead will always find a way.

Those who are new, such as Cantillion (from what I’ve heard), are of course allowed some time to get to understand the more delicate intricacies of our world. I know that my own ancestors were often either confused about things or so deeply invested in their own crews that the outside world becomes a secondary thing. Both bad extremes, obviously, but something to learn nevertheless.

Hopefully, now that this is said the leader in question begins to consider more than the abstract “crew” strength that was originally the deciding factor. Part of the reason for speaking out at all. The other part being half a bottle of Jamaican rum. I advise anyone who wants to speak in the streets to give themselves a little fire in the belly, prior to opening the mouth and spewing words. Makes for more entertainment.

Before I forget and leave all of you curious, I approve of all as well as any every power play. Had this been declared as such, rather than some bogus “rot at the root of the three” garbage that is the current excuse, I would let it pass. Hell, I’d clap for it despite losing my father in the recent war. As it is not as such, I can only lightly disapprove.

Now, toadies of Cantillion, do your worst!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $12,000,000 Tip

It really wasn't a power play though, as you'll see in the next couple of days I think. Well, not in the way most would think of a power play.

Cantillon felt that we would be better off, and safer, without the threat of Dripple's cap killing gun combined with Gaius' hot head. One could say they might have felt the same about Cantillon combined with myself or JohnnyNoname. I've certainly been accused of being hot headed before. 

This certainly gives New York more "power," but that isn't the goal here. We're not looking to expand and conquer the entire country. Cantillon made his move to protect the people that work for him, as anyone would want their godfather to do. 

I appreciate your position here, I know it's hard to see things in any other light besides a power play when you're the one who bit the curb. But I assure you, this was not a move to extend our reach of power into detroit, or any other city for that matter. We feared and expected them to come after us before long. We struck first.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Frankly I'm impressed with the scenario and I'm absolutely giddy that some people still think this way. I was worried that since all the major contenders (Armadillo, Dripple, and Ragnar) all originated from JakeLuciano's crew, there would be a stalemate of friendship and loyalty. But leave it to the outsider, this Cantillon, to put an end to that. I'm impressed. Not only because he convinced Armadillo to wage war on his ex-brethren, but to do so without incurring the wrath of any of the other ex-brethren who all started in the same Suburban HQ.

Well, he may not have escaped their wrath. I suppose we'll see. Regardless, I like what's happening here. Carry on, and don't let the sore losers keep you from thinking like a mafioso. 

Report Post Tip

Those who are new, such as Cantillion (from what I’ve heard),

Mako smiles.

"You heard wrong. This isn't his first rodeo. Personal best? Maybe. But I wouldn't consider him new on any terms."

Report Post Tip

He's probably greener than JustDed, who, by the way, has been here for all of about five minutes.

Report Post Tip

Why does everybody keep saying "power play" like it's a bad thing?  And Goku, why aren't you looking to expand and conquer the entire country?  You might as well quit the life of crime and go straight.

Report Post Tip
Fuck the world, I will conquer the MOON!

Frankenstein scuttles off
Report Post Tip

Kitty steps in to the street, weighing her words carefully but with a firm decision made to speak her mind.

Personally, I dont care what the excuse was for the war, wars happen. What I have a problem with is after the crew leaders were dead people continued to kill off family homeless members, some of who were clearly no where around and had no possible way to be involved. Basically a bunch of cowards who wanted some free gun training went wack happy long after the 'war' could have been over and its VERY doubtfull any of the 'winning' side crew leaders give a damn or will do anything about it. That their people went random wacking on people who were homeless is just going to be a 'oh well whatever' thats a lack of leadership, but no one will step up and say it, cept yours truly. For what its worth though, it shows a complete lack of control of their hitters on the part of the "winners" and it was sheer cheap killing for the sake of doing it. To be blunt those people who shot the homeless after the CL's and Dripple were dead, are cowardly trash and should be hq wacked for random wacking.

Don't like what I just said? Sorry the truths rough.

Report Post Tip

It is hardly random wacking, Kitty_Softpaws. It's a war between families, not just leaders. Nobody sensible would allow the majority of the opposition members to survive, when there would be an understandable threat and expectation that their loyalties lie with their deceased leader. Maybe innocents do fall, but it's honourable to accept the inevitable when you are on the losing side.

Report Post Tip

I doubt you will hear this Treasure Goblin but the adage used by Godfather Cantillon that "the rot at the root of the tree" was alot better then the garbage that was fed to everyone by Godfather dibble after the removable of Vienne and Penquin.

At least Godfather Cantillion didnt bring up some crap about his ancestor a wedding and a divorce

Report Post Tip
I will respond to kitty_softpaws and be quite frank , we waved most of your CLs first wave except one Gaius now we were picking off pros and some made at that point point when Gaius offered ToyArmadillo a duel where if Toy won the duel we would stop shooting and spare the rest of the city , we agreed and a mass was sent out to hold the guns about 10 minutes later Gaius had backed out and went back to shooting. So please don't act like we are fucking tyrants only wanting to boost are guns we wanted to save spare what was left but you guys didn't take it simple as.

Don't like the truth , well the truth hurts
Report Post Tip

Dripple    Detroit    Godfather    Dead        Feb 17, '14 18:30
VirginiaHill    Detroit    Boss    Dead        Feb 17, '14 18:30
AlexMoran    Detroit    Don    Dead        Feb 17, '14 18:30
TokyoZombi    Detroit    Don    Dead        Feb 17, '14 18:35

These people were all dead and an hour(and more) later their homeless family were still dropping like flies, this is the random shameless wack happy lack of control i'm referring to. If Gaius was alive and fighting kill him and his family w/e but no anyone with a detroit tag was apparently fair game because no one had control of their wack happy people. Lack of leadership, lack of control of their people in a war, and once again we come back to nothing will be done because no one gives a damn that people went random wack happy. I'm going to drop it, because this is as nice as i can possibly be and im actually really filtering what i think.

Basically there were a lot of cheap, cowardly trash looking to boost their stats on people that had zero involvement as they werent online and hadnt been for some time. I really hope some time soon someone walks up behind those leaders who started this and shoots them in the back of the head because they have no business leading if they cant control their families.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Kitty dont waste your breath its not going to change in a hurry 

Report Post Tip
It's the mafia blood in blood out we are murdering criminals you join a family you die with your city there is no senseless death this is the fucking mafia not the land of rainbows and gum drops where were all friends and hold hands.
Report Post Tip

I would be more concerned of the fact that these "homeless" look for allegiance with the families that removed their crew leader. You live and breath with the family, you die with them, especially Made Men and above.

When you select a family, this is the pledge you make to them. Yes I am aware there are exceptions to the "rule", hell my family has had the benefit of being saved, but in the main you go down with the sinking ship. It's up to those who instigate the takedown/war who decide who lives and who dies.

Always been the same. Always will be.

Report Post Tip

Chrstine_Daae walks by and she see's a group of people gathering around curiosity has drawn her to the crowd as she hears arguments going back and forth she decides to say something before she has an opera to perform....

Well its the cruel nature of this world sadly when my blood line landed on these shores having no idea what they were getting themselves into and i will be honest i was butt hurt also when i died but as i slowly got the hang of things in the world i have accepted the fact that it happens what my bloodline did was embrace death yea its a tragedy for the homeless also but i will agree with Roberto_Carlos you made and oath to your family and leader when the ship goes down the whole crew goes down with their captian  whining about what happend won't change nothing i'm sure the leaders in NY felt what they did was necessary to protect their familes and cities its apart of warfare and warfare is no fair game either but may the fallen rest in peace tho for the tragedy that happend but if anyone thinks that whining and bitching on the streets about what happend will change than i give u props if you wanna change how things r in this world personally i have no problems how things are personally..So lets all hold hands and sing around a fire place and roast some marshmallows :)

christins_daae walks off shaking her head and laughs as she gets in her car heading to the opera house ^_^

have a lovely day loves =)

Report Post Tip

OK, let's clear this up once and for all. You are whinging because Detroit folk were killed after their leaders were killed? This is not a happy, fuzzy life. This is the fucking criminal underbelly of the United States. Deal with the fact that you may die before or after your crew leader. I'm sure if you can't deal with this risk then you can go elsewhere and live your life in a much safer environment. For the time being, mourn the dead and suck it up.

Report Post Tip

Sting shakes his head at the people complaining, Do these people not understand loyalty? They should have been honored to go down with the leaders they swore loyalty to. These people don't understand how life works, and instead of making a difference complain and do no good for our world.

Report Post Tip

Im going to bow out here and take this to the HMFIC explain why this was so bad maybe with a full explanation they will see how my bloodline really did get screwed in this. As to those who went random wacking, live by the sword die by the sword I have patience and a long memory.

Report Post Tip

Chrstine sadly comes back.....

you all took an oath to be by your family blood in and out end of story this whining and bitching on the streets and i will quote again won't change a thing and i will quote and quote again when the ship and captian goes down so does the crew to me that is the most honorable way you all go down together like wargasm said we should be mouring for the dead not bitching about what happend what's done is done its the nature of our way life death is around every corner just embrace it with open arms we all knew what we were getting ourselves into once we land on these shores and accept the fact that we will die the nature of the life of crime if full of unexpected surprises not knowing what will happen next....and that being said i bid you all a good day......

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: War QQ Thread
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL