Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 10:55:42
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Black Bottom Presents an Opportunity for All Started by: Billy on Feb 28, '14 13:33

With Downtown and Corktown both under new management, the focus has now shifted on Black Bottom. We have sat down and tossed around some ideas about it including bringing back some of the old competitions where people basically just end up fighting for a Godfather slot and it turns into a disaster. This time around we are really hoping to change that by giving people a mindset and an opportunity to live the dream they have wanted to live for awhile now.

How do we intend to do this? By opening up Black Bottom to anyone and everyone with no restrictions. When us Leaders receive Authorization to set up we are not told you can only have X amount of BGs, or X amount of Forts, so neither will you. Once you talk to your Crew Leader and get this nod, you are free to set up in Black Bottom the same way every Leader up right now has.

There will be no crew restrictions either, so at any time if enough people wanted the opportunity you could see as many as 10 families in Black Bottom at once.

So what is the point of this competition? The point is to give the ability for others who believe they can do so to help Detroit build to the city it can be. Leaders who set up in Black Bottom are expected to do the same thing any other Leader sent into a city would do. Meet and greet the other Leaders and communicate with them and help them build a great city.

As normal there will be no outside interference and the Godfather position will be chosen one day down the road when the Godfather Council spots somebody who is doing an amazing job in helping lead that district to glory. The day that one of those types of people are seen then and only then will a Godfather be chosen.

Now some may say well what if a Godfather is chosen and there are still plenty of families involved in Black Bottom? Well it is not fair to take away the opportunity people were given, so when a Godfather is chosen the district will not allow any other families to set up. From there it is up to the Godfather to run Black Bottom the way they see fit.

Report Post Tip

This is a great oppertunity for anyone who wants to go out there and show what they can do. I will enjoy watching Detroit progress and I think this is a step in the right direction. Well thought out Billy. I hope it works out well for the city.

Report Post Tip

Is there a need to rush people into the district in order to prevent npcs settling in first?

Report Post Tip

Also, is there a time limit to setup or is this just an open ended auth oppertunity?

Report Post Tip

We would like to get at least one person in by Monday which I believe is the time that the NPC's are planning to make an appearance.

Having NPC's would significantly interfere with these plans and I am hoping it does not come down to that.

Report Post Tip

It is an always open auth opportunity Sandro.

Until the day that a Godfather is chosen the opening to set up will always be there.

Report Post Tip

Let me rephrase that, i made it soound like i was implying that this was competion was only to prevent npc's arriving, that was not my intention. I just wanted to ask, do you guys have an ETA on npc's arriving. I imagine its a different ball game if they settle in before anyone else.

Report Post Tip

Consider my questions answered, thanks billy and good luck with it all.

Report Post Tip

Yea I get what you meant Space.

We really are hoping to get somebody in by Monday which is when the NPC's are set to arrive. If by Sunday night nobody has taken a HQ in Black Bottom we will come up with something to make sure the NPC's do not enter Black Bottom.

Report Post Tip

Billy, awesome topic. I would love to see what this district brings to the table. I have always read in my ancestry's journals that these types of experiments can go both ways real successful or a total loss. 

I hope the best to those who are going to try their skills and show the public what they got to take to lead. 

Very excited to see the outcome. 

Report Post Tip

I think it's much better that a new auth is set up rather than allow the NPCs to arrive to the district. I also believe that only people who have never had a CL ancestor should qualify to set up as it gives newer friends of ours a chance to prove themselves as CL's.

Report Post Tip

It will be fascinating to see how others progress in this era. Usually, it's someone's long time dream to get auth once they enter this thing of ours. Now here is there opportunity, I'm sure there will be loads of participants.

I hope to see Black Bottom falls into good hands. Good luck to all!

Report Post Tip

Nello I completely understand where you are coming from.

However, look at it from my perspective. We have seen a lot of great CL's fall out and not auth up in quite some time. The bloodlines of people like Raptor,  Warrior, Eepster. These people were given a chance to shine again recently and they did wonders. This is the kind of thing I want to bring to Black Bottom. I want people who just want the chance again no matter how many times they had it in the past to be able to set up and to prove themselves on their current kin.

I think another problem is when you limit who can set up to who never had the chance before it significantly limits who can enter. Which means the competition isn't as successful and honestly when I look around at people who get auth runs back to back its because they deserve it. They constantly put in the work and have the loyalty and the head on their shoulders to keep proving that they deserve it time and time again.

These are just my thoughts on it and hopefully you understand where I am coming from with this.

Report Post Tip

I think it's much better that a new auth is set up rather than allow the NPCs to arrive to the district. I also believe that only people who have never had a CL ancestor should qualify to set up as it gives newer friends of ours a chance to prove themselves as CL's.

The journals of my ancestors indicate that we did things this way a few months ago here in New York.

The journals of my ancestors indicate that restrictions allowing only new leaders to set up were a complete and utter clusterfuck.

Report Post Tip
I'm not against this idea of course, but hypothetically if there really are as many as 10 new families -- wouldn't it be a huge struggle for them to recruit more than a handful of members each?
Report Post Tip

It is really possible Phabulis

However with any new auth that goes up even right now has a struggle of recruiting members, I think whenever anyone steps to these shores, every CL has an equal chance to obtain them.

It might require a lot more work to fill up but when in this world did we get things by not working hard?

Report Post Tip

Perhaps there could be a winner-take-all sort of competition where 10 leaders are allowed to set up in Black Bottom at which point they will war against each other until there is only one crew standing?

Report Post Tip

I don't like the idea of forced bloodshed.

Which is why I think when a Godfather is chosen the best thing to do was for all of us to step back and allow that Godfather to take control of the district however they see fit.

Report Post Tip

It's your call, I'm just throwing suggestions.

(OOC: The reason I tossed that suggestion is because I believe that there is too little actual competition in the game, and competition is fun. I apologize for this OOC post.)

Report Post Tip

I fully understand your suggestions and I do appreciate the input.

I think however that when I think of a competition like this I want to make it as close to reality as I can. I really want everybody who sets up in this competition to feel that they are truly being apart of something. That we are not restricting everything our of fear of possibly chaos, or that we are trying to take away the Crew Leader experience from them.

I want them to have I guess better put the same experience from start to finish that people like myself have had, or anybody else who is now a Crew Leader or even ended up a Godfather.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Black Bottom Presents an Opportunity for All
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL