Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 21:14:09
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Trading Passion for Glory in Staten Island Started by: Goku on Mar 02, '14 09:01

A small crowd had begun to gather outside The King's Club in Staten Island, New York City. Most of the crowd were dressed in fine suits, their hair slicked back and shining with grease. The air in the crowd was electric; they were expecting something. The crowd continued to swell, as now not only the greasy delinquents, but random passerby had joined in to see what all the commotion was about.

The doors to the club swung open and a  man walked out, followed by a few others, and the crowd fell silent as one. The man looked ridiculous compared to the people in the crowd; His hair was bright yellow and his impeccably tailored suit was bright orange, with a blue tie. Odd though he may look, not one in the crowd, mafiosi or average joe, could mistake who he was. Along with him walked the other two leaders of Staten, Defy and Wargasm. 

"Friends, foes, Facemans and flappers. We all know why we are gathered here on this fine evening. But for those poor stiffs who have joined us only out of curiosity, allow me to explain. Ealier today Numbers4Glory and a select group of his personal guard made an attempt on the life of the current godfather of Staten Island, one Pauly Paulino. If he has succeeded, he should be arriving soon. If he hasn't....well..."

Goku's voice trailed off and a strong sense of foreboding grew within him. If Paulino had somehow staved off Numbers' assault, Goku would be forced to use his spirit bomb again. Goku turned and mumbled something inaudible to Wargasm, who nodded and tried to fake a smile.

Just then a long black limo rolled up to the club, scattering the crowd and causing a bit of a commotion. The door opened and out stepped Numbers4Glory, followed by (not so) HandsomeRob and the magnificent Roberto_Carlos (made man [future consigliere]). They all looked shaken, but unharmed. Goku strode forward and embraced his brothers, his smile was radiant. 

"For generations this core group of ours: Myself, you, Roberto, Rob, and Mako has been together, working alongside one another for the betterment of the group as a whole. Roberto's grandfather and my grandfather already saw their time at the top of a district in Philly years back, and now it's your turn. Now we are surrounded by so many other great people, Defy and Wargasm, BlackWidow and Wyldstyle, Fink, Mogul, Zmeika and Elina, not to mention countless others who have helped you to where you are today. Lord Toaly of course deserves a mention as well, god rest his soul. I can't tell you how proud of you we all are. Boy am I glad that my great great grandfather Vegeta took a chance on you, right here in New York, in his failed attempt at a crew. For despite getting an entire district killed, he met some of the best people my blood has ever been around, and I can't think of many others I'd rather see reach this esteemed rank. 

"Alas, I'm blabbering on about the stories of old men. I apologize. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you; Numbers4Glory, the new godfather of Staten Island!"

Goku clapped along with the rest of the crowd and stepped out of the way, knowing well that Numbers would like to say something himself.

Report Post Tip

*N4G enters the street smiling from ear to ear*

Thank you for the kind words old friend. It has been a long long road to this point and a position that I would not be in without the amazing hard work from you and all the other captains and hands in Staten.

Now the hard work can really begin :).

Report Post Tip
* Bill apears from around the corner whistling a little noise sharpening his blades he hears his brother Goku giving a great speech*

If I may add congrats my Godfather!
Report Post Tip

h00lz raises his glass of expansive champagne

Congratulations Godfather Numbers4Glory. A well deserved achievement!

Iam looking forward to work together!

Report Post Tip

Trying his best not to show any form of an emotional response, Wargasm simply scrunches his face up.

"Waaarrrrrrrrrrr! Humppppppp. Hummmmmmmmmm!"

Clearly the emotions were running high within Wargasm. Whilst turning his back, the crowd can just see him taking out a handkerchief. This was followed by several loud snorting noises, and accompanied by dramatic risings of the shoulders and shaking of the head. Composing himself, Wargasm starts to speak again.

"I've known Numbers for a relatively short amount of time now, especially compared to some of the other people that frequent these shores. However, it has only taken this short amount of time to realise what an amazing leader and man that Numbers is. The generosity and patience he has shown me from day one has not faltered one bit. I understand that to boost a person's good points that you need to take a look further afield than just one person, but if you look at Staten Island, and the entirety of New York, you would be hard to find a single person that bears any ill feeling towards Numbers, nor would they see any bad points."

Wargasm raises his glass.

"I raise my glass to Numbers: A great district leader, a great human being, a great friend, a great Godfather. Salut!"

Report Post Tip

Congratulations on reaching Godfather Numbers4Glory!

Report Post Tip
Congratulations Numbers4Glory
Report Post Tip

Defy and his bodyguards easily slipped through the crows as they reached N4G Defy slipped passed his entourage and gave his Godfather a hug

"Numbers my friend I am so proud to be working with you , you've given me a shot to shine and I am so grateful to be here beside you to see you reach this great achievement this has been nothing short of amazing."

Defy raised his glass

"Shall we continue to prosper under your fine leadership , Numbers4Glory a friend , a lovely man , a great Godfather congratulations and to our future glory!"

Report Post Tip

Oh my god. Numbers4Glory... Godfather!

SEXY!

This mafkees is very close to my heart and it's an insane pleasure to see him gain the rank of Godfather.
He has worked fucking hard for it. 

Staten Island is a district to be proud of. A district with motivated and friendly people who make working around here pleasant.

My heartly congratulations Numbers4Glory, you're the cherry on the cake and daaaamnn tasty!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Numbers4Glory on becoming Godfather of State Island. 

Well deserved.

Report Post Tip

Jericho walks up to Numbers4Glory and shakes his hand.

"Congratulations on this achievement my friend, I know you'll keep up the good work and continue to make our city grow and prosper."

Report Post Tip

"It's a great day for Staten Island. I'm sure that the underworld is celebrating your achievement!"

Bellarosa opens his vintage Ginebra San Miguel, straight from the Pearl of the Orient, then raises it..

"I'm wishing you all the best on this special day. Congratulations godfather Numbers4glory!"

Then reverting to his native language...

"Mabuhay ka! Mabuhay Staten Island!"

Report Post Tip

Ziva hands Numbers4Glory a whole bunch of very Kosher flowers.

Well, N4G, I'll admit, the first time our bloodlines paths crossed, back when the aforementioned Vegeta worked alongside Vazzi in this great city, my however many great-great grandmothers ago thought you were a bit of a tosser. Which I'm sure is no surprise to you.

And because of that, my line has never really troubled ourselves with talking to you, or trying to get to know you any better, which is surprising because we do have a fair number of friends in common.

And then, Numbers4Glory arrived on these shores. And, I think it was my mother, Anna, ironically enough, who spoke to you around your speech writing contest. And we realized that we had you wrong. That you weren't the one dimensional "lad" type we'd assumed you to be, that there was more to you.

I tell you this, because when I congratulate you on taking the Godfather spot, I hope you know that I actually mean it. That I'm not just saying it because it's expected, or because I thought I should, or because I have other friends in your district. I'm happy to see you reach this point.

So, congratulations, Godfather N4G. You have a fantastic district around you and I'm sure you'll only go on to build it even stronger.

Ziva toasts N4G with a flask from her purse before taking a swig of the whiskey inside.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations N4G. Much deserved old friend and I cant wait to see what wonders you do as the Godfather of Staten Island!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations N4G! I look forward to working with you to make Staten the best that it can be. 

*Raises a glass to the new Godfather*

"Long live Godfather N4G!"

Report Post Tip

Desmand smiles at Gokus speech and waits for an opportune moment to have a few words with the newly appointed Godfather of Staten Island. He spotted an opening in the masses of guests and made his move 

"Having joined New York I had no experiences with you. I actually asked a good friend of mine Goku a little about you upon hearing the news you had been given your own crew and he said you were a great guy. All I saw to begin with was what looked like a semi retired man being given his chance he may or may not have deserved. It wasn't until I became Dans RHM that I actually started talking and working with you that I realised what a great crew leader and man you were. Your dedication to improving your district and New York along with the generosity you show and instil in others is quite the spectacle to see. I know you have some excellent ideas in the pipeline as Godfather and wish you all the best on your continued journey. May we grow old together." 

Desmand shakes Numbers hand and hands him over a little gift. 

Report Post Tip

Godfather N4G since my arrival in your district you have been a true leader always finding time to talk things out with me and me getting on my high horse and just ranting and i truly appreciate it.

It has been refreshing to hear your ideas and for you to do things different to what the norm is around here and I applaud you for that. I wish you a long and successful reign and hope that I can assist in whatever way possible for you to achieve that.

Salut Sir

Report Post Tip

The news that Pauly Paulino swims with the fishes was welcome news to Harry. He had recently lost his shirt to one of Pauly's Capo's at poker & had been having to lay low in Queens to escape paying the debt. The news he was now welcome back home in Staten Island was music to Harry's ears.

A new Godfather of Staten Island...Harry mused to himself. Exciting times. He was glad it was Numbers4Glory. He had got Harry out of a real pinch when he was an associate in Detroit. He would never forget it. He had since pledged his loyalty to Defy & moved to Staten Island. He hoped big things were to come from this new era.

"Salut Godfather Numbers4Glory" Harry thinks to himself as he boards the train for home.

Report Post Tip

Mogul listened quietly to Goku's speech. He could see the concern on Goku's face as well as the rest of the leaders of Staten Island. He didn't doubt Don N4G, but felt relieved when a limo pulled up the club and he emerged from the back.

Numbers4Glory, although this is the first our blood has worked together, I know that you are most deserving of this position, and I'm looking forward to the future of Staten Island. May it be a long and prosperous one. Congratulations Godfather!

Report Post Tip

Wyldstyle listened as Goku gave a speech for a moment that would be remembered for generations to come. She smiled widely, happy and honored to be a part of something as momentous as this. It had been a moment that they were all so excited to see come to pass and now it was here.

Godfather Numbers4Glory. Boy that just rolls right off the tongue as if it were meant to be. Congratulations to you and your wonderful accomplishment! It has been a real pleasure to watch you move towards and attain this achievement. I am excited for you and this district beyond words. I know that you take on your new title with honor and we will be a better district for it. Congratulations again, truly a deserving honor.

She approaches the Godfather with a bottle of whiskey and an envelope. She hugged him tightly before pressing both into his hands, then making her way back into the crowd.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Trading Passion for Glory in Staten Island
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL