Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 19:44:09
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Suburbs restructuring - FrankensteinX Started by: Starscream on Mar 03, '14 03:39

As you all might have noticed recently, a crew leader from Suburbs has been executed. 

This was sanctioned by the Chicago upper structure.
It was done mainly due FrankensteinX's lack of activity, and poor leadership skills. It seemed that he was ignorant of his responsibilities for those who put their trust in his hand.
After several failed attempts from within the family trying to increase his activity, and involvement, it was decided to enforce a restructuring.

Suburbs is where it all started really.
This is the resting place of great people who helped creating an empire. 

The Suburbs is what we call our home, this is the District that a great man by the name of ToyArmadillo took my father to after the May War, where he introduced him to JakeLuciano and told him to serve and protect or die trying. 

This is the district my father Primus killed for in order to protect and died while doing it.
We w
ill NOT let the memory of those people be disgraced by letting Suburbs be turned into a bitch district.

We lead by example.

- Starscream 

Report Post Tip

With all due respect to JakeLuciano, he himself has before admitted that he is, as Godfather's go, not very active.

Do you really have room to admonish others when that is the example they are being set by their own Godfather?

Looking to the top and improving things there would be truly leading by example, I would've thought.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

On that note, Jake did rank up to 60 fairly quickly, and held no one back from achieving promotions due to any of his inactivity. He actually stayed heavily involved for quite a while... and we all do notice his great presence when he is here. For the sake of helping you understand, BFF Ziva, I remember how hard Ziva's ancestor had to be whipped to get past 35 and 40 units, but she did actually do it. If she didn't, wouldn't she be asked to step down or shot (asking someone to step down usually goes badly) so that someone else could take the spot?

Frankenstein was online quite a bit, but wasn't actually doing anything... except maybe making money which we weren't really seeing any of. He was not trusted by our uppers for several reasons, and this is one of them. 

Report Post Tip

we all do notice his great presence when he is here

Which is lovely. Truly delightful, really. Except, he's... barely ever here. So, it might be great when he is, but he's here so little...

I remember how hard Ziva's ancestor had to be whipped to get past 35 and 40 units, but she did actually do it. If she didn't, wouldn't she be asked to step down or shot (asking someone to step down usually goes badly) so that someone else could take the spot?

Both of my authed ancestors offered to step down over these issues, actually. Whenever my ancestors have felt that their activity and progression may be of detriment to their people, they've made that offer. 

He was not trusted by our uppers for several reasons, and this is one of them. 

You guys authed him. And that wasn't even all that long ago.

BFF Spikey, I'm sure there were many reasons. The initial speech my Starscream, however, is surely an act of ironic comedy.

Perhaps you, or, dare I suggest it, Godfather Luciano, may have done a less cack-handed job of explaining this. Ah well.

Report Post Tip

Ziva, Jake is a Godfather. He has put his work in. He is not holding people back and preventing them from getting the promotions they deserve because he is not putting the work in to rank. It's an insult to the people around him when a crew leader refuses to put the proper effort into growing himself so those under him can grow as well. The ranking issue wasn't the only problem but some issues should and will remain inside the city of Chicago.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Ziva, Jake is a Godfather. He has put his work in. He is not holding people back and preventing them from getting the promotions they deserve because he is not putting the work in to rank. It's an insult to the people around him when a crew leader refuses to put the proper effort into growing himself so those under him can grow as well. The ranking issue wasn't the only problem but some issues should and will remain inside the city of Chicago.

As I've said before in several places, Mr. MacGotes, I do not believe that the work of a Godfather is done when he has reached the rank itself. A Godfather is judged based on what he achieves after this rank. And other than authing a lot of people, and perhaps missing a rather comedic shot on my ancestor in the first wave of a war, I can't think of much that makes Godfather Luciano special, interesting or memorable. Which is a shame, because he's a nice guy. 

It'd just be nice to have seen what he can do when he actually spends time here and doesn't leave it to others to run his affairs for him.

Report Post Tip

Be that as it may, your correlation was inaccurate. 

Well, I'm not complaining about your ancestry. You knew when it was an issue, and then we whipped you.

Sadly, those times for you were more innocent, and I'm not sure how to help you straighten out these days. 

Report Post Tip

Not all of the work of a Godfather isn't done when he reaches the rank itself but the basic work to achieve the highest rank and allow those below you to progress has been done. But this isn't a thread about JakeLuciano. I don't see any need to make it about him. I assure you that Frankenstein wasn't removed for activity alone and while I won't go into specifics I would hope that would be good enough.

Report Post Tip

Ziva, he wasnt just holding back his crew, he was holding back the entire district with him. Is that enough? 

Report Post Tip

Be that as it may, your correlation was inaccurate. 

Inaccurate?

I don't think so, really. Jake is scarcely seen on our streets. He never speaks. He barely even is seen out in public. Since ascending to Godfather, he's done nothing of note. Led no great wars that my ancestors remember. The reason he's still alive is because nobody ever saw a reason to kill him, rather than because he's played the game well. Sheer amount of districts and the consequences that used to be threatened for not filling them are far greater protection these days than any number of allies, any amount of power.

I'm all for having a good right hand, I'm all for getting lucky.

But I'm not all for setting a shitty example by never being here, then sending someone else out onto the streets, to say that a leader in your district was just shot for also having a "lack of activity".

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

While I am deeply saddened by the loss of our former crew leader I understand that some things must be accepted and move on from there. It was an honor for me to have worked with FrankensteinX and the action that was done today...for me... is nothing more but a reconstruction process of our district. I have nothing against the man, but an order was given and it must be done. He had a good run as a crew leader....some may say that he could have done better...for me all of us can always do better that what we have already done. With that said I would like to wish our new crew leader all the best and I'm looking forward for the improvement of our district.

Report Post Tip

Right. I think the personal attacks are bad taste, ladies and gents. If you've got personal things you'd like to discuss, I'm sure sending each other a lovely letter via the mail would work much better.

On topic..

It is a hard decision to take down one of your own however if the city believes it is for the best then I see absolutely no problem with it. If he was dragging people down then you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm glad to see you Starscream out here explaining your actions. Good stuff, comrade!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Thank you for coming to the streets Starscream and explaining the recent events. I know how hard it is making choices like these myself and Philly had too make one a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't easy. I know Chicago can move on strong after this and keep growing and I wish you all the best.

Report Post Tip
I don’t particularly want to get into a heated debate, as I honestly do not care that much but I’d like to pick out one point;

Frankenstein was online quite a bit, but wasn't actually doing anything...

Jesus by that logic spikey bebez, there would be a hell of a lot more deaths in this world every single day, again off your logic; I’d task you to go find a crew leader that doesn’t doe this for 90% of their reign. I’m all for we killed him because he didn’t fit the bill, we didn’t like him or simply, we made a mistake in authing him in the first place, but your reason is, for the lack of a better word…SHITE. C’mon old pal, you’re too long in the tooth to be splurging out stuff like that, mate.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

I'm going to have to agree with space-to-the-pole here, the reasoning is a bit funny.  I think a lot of people predicted this to happen exactly how it did, and it had absolutely nothing to do with lack of activity or effort.  You knew full well in accidentally authing FrankensteinX (you allowed him to remain set up despite not having permission), that he was a newbie.  I understand you went with experience here, just knowing your ancestors, which is understandable.  

There's a lot of experience walking our shores, and not many of us our naive.  Thanks for the 'explanation' in taking down FrankensteinX, I truly wish the Suburbs the best of luck!

Report Post Tip

Sorry, too tired, pole, for a proper long winded Spike-reply. I'm not gonna go into all the reasons. I am too hungover for that so I'll just explain that quote of mine. 

Let's limit it to the "doing" part. He was not ranking. He was not tributing or paying taxes from what people could see, and there were complaints from within about his lack of a personal touch in the crew. 

That is what I meant by not doing anything, and those things are quite basic and generally required "actions" or "things-to-do-as-a-CL." If you're doing at least one of them right, then usually don't bitch... However, to mess up all three is something else. I guess he might've been "doing something" when he was active on here, but it wasn't leadership things. That's just what I noticed, but others can explain the rest.

I only spoke up because my saucy/naughty mouthed BFF was here. I'm going to go nurse this headache and try to figure out the mystery of the peanut. 

Report Post Tip

I think there has been a misunderstanding here guys. The reasoning behind that move should be pretty obvious, i guess.

He was not trusted by our uppers for several reasons

You guys authed him. And that wasn't even all that long ago.

If spikes says he wasn't trusted i believe him, and that's enough reasoning there. Why would they need something else to do it? Yes, if someone isn't trusted, how come he got authed? It doesn't matter anymore, there was need of a crew leader in the suburbs, possibly the decision wasn't easy, eventually it turned out that there were other people best suited for the position. You have a solid argument there, Ziva, and i will agree that probably he wasn't the best choice, it was already made, all that was left is to find a way to *fix* this problem. Not all decisions are easy. As Gimli said, sometimes you might need to take some tough ones. Putting even more pressure to the people who take those decisions for the greater good of their district is no good. I'm sure you all understand this, you don't need to continue the harsh judgement on the matter. After all you can see for yourself, the only member of FrankensteinX's crew that stepped up to speak here made it clear that although he is saddened by what happened, he understands why it happened, and it was 'nothing more but a reconstruction process of our district.' I will wholeheartedly agree with him.

As for the core of this misunderstanding, which is FrankensteinX's 'inactivity', i believe that Starscream and Spikes didn't make their point clear apparently. Being inactive is one thing, not ranking up is another though. When there is a not-small-at-all part of crew that can't rank up because of their leader, something has gone wrong. Doesn't rank matter at your opinion? And let's say that it's not so important at all, it still is something the leader has to provide from his side, since a crew member's and a crew leader's relationship is two-sided, isn't it? You can't have only one of them working hard for his family/district. Both have to contribute their part.

With all that said, i want to make clear that i barely knew FrankensteinX, and i am certainly do not have ill motive. Many people are deeply saddened by his death, and i am not judging him as a person, but solely as a leader. Being one is not easy, and if there are people better suited for the role, it is best that they handled it. I truly hope this experience will help his bloodline have a better run the next time they find themselves leading a crew.

Report Post Tip
Just another hypocrit, jake is not active, yet he remains. So just to recap you made it so a entire crew needs a new home, and just killed a guy for "in-activity" you were probably just mad he got to takeover where you failed.
Report Post Tip
Im not sure who you are trying to say failed at anything rickybobby. The only person that it looks like failed was Frankenstein. (rip). Sadly bloodlines have their negative moments, and that was his. All bloodlines have them. I know that very well. All you can do is take the card that have been dealt to you, and then move on.
Report Post Tip
I should have come out here a little earlier but just have not been able to, things have been a little chaotic...wouldn't you agree? But its under control now. A dead CL is never good news and usually comes with its aches. But I was FrankensteinX RHM so I will put forth some of the reasons that I think lead to his downfall.

Frankenstein was a good man, a hard worker at times, yet he decided to hide things from the family and our GodFather, myself included. We all have bloodlines that we trace to our ancestors. Some of us have glorious bloodlines, some of us are working on progression. Either way you can't hide your past...and you are who you are! Lies cant change that. And when lies catch up to you, sometimes they maybe small, but the fact that they were told makes some folks angry.

Frank was always good at communicating. He always spoke to crew members and other leaders alike, but leading isnt about just talking. Your actions have to speak louder than your words. Frank just was not doing that. He lead with words and not actions. His lackluster performance is just one example of that. We all have other things going on, but when you take this job as CL, you sorta take on a responsibility. This responsibility should be fuel to the fire, pushing you to do better. It just was not happening in this case. As Totes said there will be certain details that will be kept to the Uppers in Chicago. But I assure you this, this was not an easy decision for anyone involved.

Me personally, when I was offered the job from the GF I needed a couple of nights to sleep on it. I just didn't know if this is how we should have progressed. But at the end of the day, something needed to be done. When your Uppers start complaining something has to be done. Stepping down would have been an ideal solution. But if you can lie your way to power, I don't know if you would just let it go voluntarily. This might not have been the ideal resolution....but it sure as hell was safer!

My apologies for coming out here a little late. I hope this answers any questions and concerns raised by the community.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Suburbs restructuring - FrankensteinX
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL