Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 19:08:18
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Death of Fillmore & Friends Started by: Supreme on Mar 04, '14 07:23
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. 

The last few days have been nothing but highlights for the district of Blackbottom and, as we've all just recently noticed, tonight is no different.  Today I come to you with the news of Fillmore's death and the reasons for his demise along with the rest of his friends. 

I'm a simple man, so I'll say it simply.  Fillmore was a threat to my family here in the district.  He took out Prolong last night without even considering to get my opinion on the matter just a few hours before we agreed to all work together here in the district peacefully.  Actions like this led me to consider what the man's words were worth since they appeared to be contradictory to each other.  In addition to this, by Hitta's own admittance, Fillmore  had recruited him and Kastello in waving down Prolong's Bgs before the kill shot was taken.  Since I was not told about this, they had to die along with him.

I felt I needed to take out the other threats along with him.  Minus a good friend who has been spared for his efforts in the take-down and as such, I'd like to publicly thank TommyTheKid for helping create a new future here for the Blackbottom district.  Together we look forward to bringing it back to prosperity.

Thank you very much for your time this evening.
Report Post Tip

Did he interrupt your TEAM?

Report Post Tip

Thanks for taking the time to tell everyone.  It's more than most are expected to do in competitions such as these and I commend you for showing strong leadership in this regards.

Rest in peace to the fallen.

Report Post Tip

Did he interrupt your TEAM?

This was bound to happen. It was written the minute it started. Unfortunately this "contest" was not a contest at all. This seems more like "I didn't want them there so I took them out. We've already mapped out Black Bottom."

Report Post Tip
'YALL can do as you please, but the chances are there will be a lot of deaths during the duration of this event, i sure hope there wont be a needless, "reason" every single time..... the masses know the nature of the competition, we EXPECT there to be deaths. 

Personally, these reasons will become mundane, is there a real need during a comp of this nature to explain every single death? In saying that, keep up the excellent work, if nothing else, its entertaining.
Report Post Tip

I like the way the actions taken by those in Black Bottom are being explained.

It isn't like our Streets are exactly overrun with so many topics that you can't keep up and usually these types of discussions generate the most responses given their emotive nature. 

As I've said to Supreme privately, you have to take whatever action you feel is necessary to secure your position and protect those in your flock. Whilst our crew is small, Crandlej is very dear to me. With him having been living rough on these very cobbles until recently, he needs all the warm soup and bread I can provide for him. Otherwise, how else will our lucrative narcotics industry keep grinding on without his watchful eye keeping the hoodlums in line? 

It won't and it needs to. These crack whores won't get high on their own after all. No kids though, that isn't the Stelengum way.

Anyway, I feel I am in strong company with Supreme and Tommy and I am confident in the future prosperity of Black Bottom and Detroit as a whole. Hopefully the good word of appreciation for Roberto Carlos will continue to be spread for the foreseeable future in Black Bottom and beyond. 

Report Post Tip
I agree with space-to-the-pole. We understand this is a competition and there will be bloodshed. I think the explanations will just flood the streets and are a bit unnecessary in my opinion.

Nice work otherwise!
Report Post Tip
They're all fighting for the shot at GF.

In my opinion a GF explaining their actions is nothing but a major plus and proof that they actually give a fuck. Looks good on the PR front too.

Also, this is a much needed explanation since half the competition was buried.

I figured there was something else there, there were too many fake hugs and kisses by hitta and co.
Report Post Tip
You're right they are fighting for godfather... So then it's known there will be deaths .. If more people join this competition the whole streets will be flooded with takedown threads.. I just think it's a bit unnecessary..

Hitta posted one then died the next day so now his thread is deemed pointless...
Report Post Tip

The good thing about the Streets is that if you don't like the conversation, you can just keep on walking by. 

I'd be sad if the death of a Don and two Bosses, whether based in Black Bottom or anywhere else, didn't merit some conversation.

Report Post Tip
I don’t understand “if you didn’t like something you would have to walk on by” and not speak up? The speaker has come out into the middle of the streets, they have aired their laundry for all to hear. Why is it because we simply don’t like it, we should walk on by? You know better than most that being out here puts you on a pedestal, you HAVE to expect critique on some level.

That makes just as much sense as does coming out, in the middle of the streets to tell the masses that you have murdered half a district. Fuck knows who will be listening, Jesus Christ, what if local PD is listening, you will all be fucked. Of course it’s a talking point, but I believe in the notion; a better time and place and for me, airing your business in a busy street is not good for business, more or so, in an un-established district like yours.

These are just my thoughts on it, good luck to all involved, its going to be fun to watch and listen too, apparently.
Report Post Tip

What I actually said, was if you don't like the conversation, you can just keep on walking by, not that you should or that you have to. The point being, these Streets are pretty large and can easily hold more conversations than we have going on right now. It isn't harming anyone by making the chain of events behind a decision clear and actually, if you think about it, a Don dying should be a huge deal. A Don and two Bosses? That should definitely be street worthy. These are senior members of Cosa Nostra, forgetting even that they had recently established their own crews, not low level punks.

The omerta argument is redundant, as we all know there is no police here trying to shut us down, and nothing at all pertaining to business should be spoken on the Streets if that logic is applied and that would make for a very boring world.

Report Post Tip
Oh, don’t get me wrong I agree on the importance of a high, established member meeting his maker but my original point still stands, these, for me, will become very mundane, very quickly. Its easy to assume  going off the last few comps that this could be farcical, the last few have not been very successful at all, so you cant really argue with my scepticism.

"It isn't like our Streets are exactly overrun" ….EXACTLY, so this further enhances my point that potentially the wrong kinda' people in this world could be listening because there is nothing else to draw their attention away form said speaker. Omerta exists, of course it does, you’d be daft to think it doesn’t, prolly not as much as should or in fact needs to, but it does.

Grin, I mean Stelengum, I wish you the entire luck in the world old pal, you’re all going to need it.
Report Post Tip

I'm sad to see people complaining or criticizing this public appearance. I guess there is just no way to please everyone, right?

Can't we just see it as an attempt to get some practice at public speech at least? If it's a competition to see who can be the next godfather of the place, well, this person might just be trying to cover all aspects of being a city head and he is trying to gain proficiency in all of them.

I don't think there will be THAT many deaths to talk about flooding the streets. Because then, I want to say that we don't need any more auth speeches. We have so many auths lately that THAT seems flooding in my opinion. 

Ok, ok, I said that last comment to ruffle some feathers, but I hope my point is clear at least, even if you disagree with me. Unless it's just random stupidity with the sole purpose of drawing attention to oneself, why can't we just let everybody have their 15 minutes of fame at least? Or what if this is the first of many streets appearances that get better and better with each passing occurrence? 

Report Post Tip

I can and do definitely disagree with anyone suggesting we shouldn't talk about the deaths of high ranking members of our thing. How meaningless has rank become if nobody gives a shit enough to even talk about a Don and two Bosses being dropped? Added in that these guys had their own crews and business, then that is certainly something I would expect be discussed. Sure, this isn't like the other districts, but these are still people who've made their bones and are running their own crews. If you don't care enough to hear about it, then just walk on by the conversation, as there are plenty of corners for us all to talk on. 

Omerta has no merit in this world because it is the code of silence employed by the Mafia to not give evidence to the police or law enforcement on criminal activities. If you think that exists here, you're sadly mistaken. No law enforcement exists for us to give evidence to or to be questioned by, so no code of silence is required. This is why our Streets are open and we freely speak of activities that would otherwise incriminate us. Nobody is getting hauled off for a life in prison for something they say out here, so tempering what you would say for the fictional feds would be akin to stop dealing drugs in case it was a sting operation or going into hiding in case the bodies pile up too high and people start pinning them to you.

Not sure why you're dropping a Grin in there, my name is Stelengum. Everyone needs luck; I'm just enjoying my time in Black Bottom. 

Report Post Tip

Sandro doesn't like the way the conversation is going so he proceeds to keep on walking on by... As he does he yells...

Good Luck Everyone in Black Bottom. May the strongest/wisest survive!

Report Post Tip
I have no issues with people using this as a platform to project themselves into the lime light, this isn’t, will never be an attempt to discourage people away form the streets, I’m not that way inclined.

Auth speeches are a measure of protection but i suppose then you could argue, why would you announce to the world that you're setting up a criminal faction, same kind of logic really.

My original point was, were does the line draw with a comp of this nature? Do we, should we expect a speech every time someone is gunned down, in normal circumstances we have come to expect, rightly or wrongly, a post war speech, but these speeches are not individual speeches for each cl, or from each gf, that’s my point, really.

I understand we're not operating in "normal" circumstances, but 'tis how i feel on it. Like has been suggested, if i don’t like it, walk on by and walk on by i shall.
Report Post Tip

Well I measure a leader on more than just what his gun can do. How he holds himself and how he presents himself to the public is important to me. These are not gladiators being thrown into a pit to kill each other for our amusement. These are men competing for the ultimate prize of Godfather and I, for one, like the idea of being able to see how these potential next Godfather candidates handle themselves on the streets and I encourage the trend of them explaining their actions here in the streets to continue. If you have no interest in what kind of man or woman the next potential Godfather is then by all means take Stelengum's suggestion and keep right on walking by and nothing being said will bother you at all. You'll never hear it.

Report Post Tip
Speeches such as this are what our streets are exactly for. I walk around and listen to conversations in order to understand what events have unfolded in our own criminal world; and I prefer hearing the goings on from those directly involved. I could sit in my apartment and write to my family to gather knowledge, but I prefer stepping outdoors nowadays!
Report Post Tip

You're right they are fighting for godfather... So then it's known there will be deaths .. If more people join this competition the whole streets will be flooded with takedown threads..

I just think it's a bit unnecessary.. Hitta posted one then died the next day so now his thread is deemed pointless...

I fail to see the point you're trying to make here. There will always be deaths, competition or not. Here recently it seemed like there was a takedown everyday, did you mind the explanations.

it wasn't pointless though, we knew the excuse as to why prolong was taken out. That's a point. That helped us understand why they were taken out as well.

this is necessary.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Death of Fillmore & Friends
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL