Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 23:03:23
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
This place has become too much. Started by: BroccoliBananaShoes on Mar 06, '14 03:38

The simplicity and excitement is gone. This world has been overcomplicated. Godfather title used to mean something.. leading a city was a real job... not just running a district with everyone else. The ranks mean nothing and it's just a revolving door of the same personalities. 

This could never be as fun as it was a few years ago... 

Goodbye everyone... 

-ThirdSun/Superbee/WideAwake/PoisonOak

Report Post Tip

The ranks mean nothing and it's just a revolving door of the same personalities.

Welcome to MR?

If I can be blunt, it's the shit sucking "leadership" to blame for this. Death means nothing, I swear to fuck some bloodlines have been CL three or four times straight. Meaningful examples are never set, same shit, same blood....non fucking stop. It's pathetic. There must only be 20 bloodlines that are worthy of anything in this world.

I won't even dive into how pathetically handled hand positions are. Chain of command my ass.

Meh, I'll wander around though. Good luck to you sir.

Report Post Tip
I'm still here, I dunno what you're talking about.
Report Post Tip

Cause without you...nevermind...it's too hard to think of this world without you Taegan.

Report Post Tip
Except if we run away together, then it will be okay.
Report Post Tip

Name the place and time. I'll be there in a heartbeat! 

Report Post Tip
Right here, right now, forever!
Report Post Tip

Cohen clears his throat and begins his serenade to Taegan:

"I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me, princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride"

Report Post Tip

I still see the Simplicity in the world, don't you, Taegan?

Dan smiles.

rw318, I applaud your bravery friend! I do agree, some peoples bloodlines get authed OVER and OVER. I mean, I understand wanting a strong auth.. But some people need to take a little break.

Let's look at my blood for a moment, shall we? (BIG HEAD TIME.) Mudkip was a crew leader one year ago. It took me a good 10 months of working with contacts and just overall doing my best to deserve my position. Would you say I'm not worthy of my position of Don and the head of a family?

My family in particular has a strong structure. I don't speak for others but you say 'Hand positions are degraded.' I've given many of my Made Men the left hand man position for hours at a time to test them, to see if they could handle the small amount of power they've had. None of mine have disappointed me and I believe they're all ready for it. I change my left hand often. Kingfisher, space-to-the-pole, spiels_jr, Ramon_Salvatore etc etc. Does that make it degraded that I assign my trusted position to my family advisors whilst basing it on timezones to help maintain and run the family?

Report Post Tip
10 months is different from 11-30 days. If you out worked everyone in contention, why would there ever be a problem? It wasn't your kin that got it for you, it was your work ethic.

My question to you Dan is this.

If your RH died, would you have a thug as second in command of your family? Would you bring in a friends bloodline and toss them in LH as a thug? These are the reasons I say what I say. We cross a line, what should be earned is now given.

I can tell you right now, I will never take orders from a thug. Also, fuck anyone that would expect me too.

There's a chain of command that leaders preach about. Yet it's rarely ever followed.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This place will never be the same. The thrill and fun is most definitely gone. Every two weeks there is a war. It was more political and about forming ties and building up and now heresay can ruin a whole city... it's just gotten sad. Some of you have clocked thousands of hours over the years... scary.

Report Post Tip

But.....But....Thirdsun Simplicity is still here and in BOLD no less.

Visas wraps her arms around Taegan

Please please dont go

Report Post Tip

ThirdSun, we never spoke and that's a shame. I completely agree with you, but the thing is if i got a tight hold on this game like these bloodlines then i too would keep Bold Suits for my brothers in arms. Though they may be new blood to start, depending how long i had control of a cities CL's you'd see the same bloodlines continuously with a few new ones here and there that proved they earned it. Why? Simple, cause i trust them. Obviously it'd come down to which of them has put the most work into their account and is a capable leader, but to risk giving someone new an auth when you got someone whose been a solid leader for along time and your bloodlines go back, 9 times out of 10 you choose the former leader.

Though i hate to say this i think what Dan's doing with LHM is smart. Giving those he trusts a chance, and having a schedule on whose LHM at what time based off time zones is a great way to keep a hard worker that's trusted always on and able to handle small changes with crew stats. With that said rw318 i think your just being ignorant on your whole RHM comment. Of course if your RHM dies you'll up his son to replace the vacant spot, THAT'S A NO BRAINIER. Why the fuck should RHM be earned? It's a position for your MOST TRUSTED member regardless of rank. LHM, CL, GF and just being made are all to be earned while RHM you GIVE to the person you can trust with your family, your mail, and even your cash. If you would really not listen to your families RHM cause of his rank then it's time to either grow up or change families. I understand if you didn't get along with them or you don't like their attitude, hell if a don or GF wants my respect they earn it or i'll trat them just like anyother player, but again, leave the family cause in that family your expected to respect and listen to them no matter thug or don.

Report Post Tip

rw318 you say that you will NEVER take orders from a thug now i find that amuseing to say the least.

You see once someone is given that slanty suit to wear there RANK is no longer a thug  there rank is that of there Crew leaders as they ARE the voice of that person.

They are now wearing a tital which is Right hand or Left hand Time and time again this tripe is bought to these streets the RH and LH position will always be given to somebody the Crewleader TRUSTS to keep there family safe while they are elsewhere.

It is up to you to work your way into the Crew Leaders TRUST if you seek such a position because i can asure you if Simplicity didnt have any trust in my ability to hold down her left hand and keep her family safe i would not be here.

Report Post Tip
I'll stand by it till the end of every bloodline, I will never take orders from a thug. If it comes down to me or my beliefs, I'm gonna have to go, one way or another.

You're one of those people that think hand positions should be handed down huh? Without that person doing an ounce of work or showing any type of actual loyalty, they command no respect...fuck, they're an ASSOCIATE! I can't respect a leader that would put a thug above ranking members in their crew, plain and simple.

Trust, power and rank should never separate. Fuck the coffee shop bullshit, it should be played out how it's laid out.

Explain to me how a thug, completely new to this life, has worked their way into anything.
Report Post Tip

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

Now my only concern would be if the certain person fits with the CL and how they are running there family, i understand what you are saying and do share the same beliefs to a degree, surely it would be proper to have another high ranker take the position.

Not all the leaders have that option or some who can, or will put in the time a hand should. There is more to a hand position then rank, most importantly can you do the work that comes along with it, in my mind there is a bit of a grey area there. Should sons and daughters of respected hands be treated well, I think they should yes.

Can the family consig or someone step up intil they are Made, I dont see why not?

Then again, I have seen some people get put into hand positions and money goes missing, they make bad judgment calls that could cost there family immensely, hell my ancestors have seen hands been put into position where they then go and HQ wack the whole family.

There has to be balance between it all, Trust, rank, power, work ethic. I for one, no matter how young the individual is am okay with a young hand as long bring it all to the table. (Excluding rank of course) Knowing there parents they should follow in much of the same footsteps.

Anyhow, my two cents.

Report Post Tip
Gambino, come the fuck on.

I'm tired of the same bullshit excuses, everything is fucking given around here. Well at least to our BFF snuggle buddies, fuck that noise!

If you're afraid to take a chance on someone you should know (by following your chain of command)... Maybe you shouldn't be a CL.

Don't worry, I've made it clear what I'd do if it ever happened in a crew I was in.

Short and sweet, your LH should be groomed to become your RH. It should be an easy transition, next in line should step up to LH and so on
Report Post Tip

Whilst I can empathise with you to a degree here, I don't think that the ideal transition of crew members and "trusted" individuals is as easily achieved these days. To a degree, people are putting more faith in new blood than I can remember my father's logs ever describing. 

The world we live in now allows us to spread all over the country, in different districts, creating much more opportunities for families to settle down. Having the close knit circle who you trust with your life is even more difficult, especially selecting them based on their rank. 

I agree it isn't ideal, however I understand why things are set up as they are and I don't think leaders could be doing anymore without sacrificing a position, purely for the sake of rank. Times change, and everyone has to adapt and mould to suit the environment. 

I admire your fight and passion. I hope you carry that through within your family and get the opportunity to steak your claim of how you would like things to be run and start to set an example. 

Report Post Tip
I know this is hard for a lot of us to phathom here, but the original speech carries some weight. You're right, it will never be the same and if I had to choose I'd much rather choose to participate in a life of crime 5-10 years ago.

I don't mean disrespect in saying this but the rank of Godfather really has become laughable. What exactly does it mean now? That you head a district and are part of the Gf Council? Neat!

This might be hard for some people to take in, but the days of getting the luxury of partaking in the world of crime with 'true' strategist and tacticians is long gone. Mediocrity is now acceptable and regular.
Report Post Tip

There is absolutely no logical argument that can refute how grossly stupid it is for a Thug to be ordering around those ranked higher than them. This is a hierarchical society where after a certain level, you're effectively untouchable. How on earth can someone who has been made and therefore reached this level, be expected to take the say so of a nobody who has done absolutely nothing? The entire scenario is backwards.

Realistically, do you think it at all plausible that a mob family named someone greener than grass as it's underboss? "Oh but he is the son of Jimmy TheDeadFace, so that's ok", er no, why is it? I know that here most fathers and sons seem incapable of differentiating themselves from each other, but they are not the same people. Why would the son even know what the hell he is doing? He was a civilian five minutes ago now he's got his hand on the tiller steering the ship? Please. The soldiers wouldn't answer to this son just because of the father, because that isn't how the mafia works. He would have to have done something for himself and achieved something for himself to be respected or it would not be tolerated. 

Whilst we have the ability to appoint whoever we like to these positions, we circumvent the realism and integrity of the ranking structure whenever we award it to someone who hasn't even made their bones. I believe the ranking structure should be revised anyway, but it is a truly indefensible position to claim it is alright for a nobody to become second in command. 

(The game is flawed in this regard and so are the people playing it. It would be foolish to have nobody as a RHM when you could have someone, like I am doing because of the benefits this has, personal viewing, mail handling, inviting etc. With that said, if you have ranked people, who you have promoted, then you should already trust them enough that they can step into any breach. These ranks should be important. People have levels now that enable them to unlock the features that had previously been inaccessible due to rank, so there is absolutely no excuse for willy nilly promotions. The ranks should mean what they say; a Capo should be someone you trust to run a crew for you, a Boss should be someone capable of leading their own family. If the people you award these promotions to are not capable, then they don't deserve the rank. Passing them over for a nobody thug just devalues everything.)

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $70,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: This place has become too much.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL