Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 11:48:31
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Death Of Stelegnum Started by: TommyTheKid on Mar 06, '14 22:01

Tommy walks to the streets after another busy day in BlackBottom, the competition district, to inform the growing crowd about the recent restructuring.  Without wasting any time, he gets down to business.

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

The wheels keep on turning in the city of Detroit these days, with the death of Stelegnum.  I'm sure many of you have questions as to why he was removed, some will call it a power play, others will say it is expected in districts such as ours.  Regardless, I shall do my best to lay out my reasons for those of you that are willing to and would care to listen.

From the very start of Stelegnum's career here in Blackbottom he was not very forthcoming and demonstrated an unwillingness to communicate, much like Fillmore, Hitta and Kastello.  However, to his credit, he was a fairly new addition to the district and had not stirred the pot so we decided to give him the opportunity to turn things around after the previous take-down.  Unfortunately, what we saw from Stelegnum was more of the same, a lack of honest communication.  A continuation of lies and deceit plagued this man when it came to dealing with his brothers in BlackBottom.  He lied about his bloodline's experience in this thing of ours in his laughable attempts at trying to make us believe this was his ancestry's first time run at Crewleader.  He lied about his inability to attend meetings and responded with attempted bribery in his hopes that we would leave him alone while he quietly practiced his shooting skills all day.  After a few days of watching his activity and disinterest in his business partners here in Black Bottom, it was obvious what action had to be taken and that action was taken.

Report Post Tip
His bloodline shouldn't have had a fucking thing to do with any decision. Shouldn't have even been questioned.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

They did what had to be done, period.

Report Post Tip
This is good, now do I think Stelegnum tried to hide who is bloodline was not a chance. Anyone that knows any bit about this world will know who started the RCAS and I think Ziva GRHS even mentioned in hwr daily roundup of who this was. It doesn't take a genius to work out who his bloodline was and if if had no interest in revealing who his bloodline was what difference dkes it make?

Too many people are too interested in the past rather than the future. Let each person grow into themselves rather than box them into something their ancestors were.

As I have said before keep takedown speeches simple and to the point one reason is sufficient but when you start throwing in more than one its because you don't have the belief that your reason is strong enough.

In terms of thr contest the three of you have played this well lets just hipe you don't start turning on each other.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I woulda respected this speech (and you) more if you just came out straightforward with the real point. 'This was so-and-so, and we didn't want to work with so-and-so'. Instead, you've gave us some bullshit reason about meetings (I mean how many could you possibly have in such a short time of being there) and blame all your reasons on that 'they didn't talk to us'.

Easy excuse to throw out to the lap dogs right? Just blame it on the meeting and lack of communication and everyone will eat this shit up and scrap their bowls with the leftover bread, am I right?

Ha, no. Not this guy.

But I have to agree with Spunky to some volume, well played, even through the bullshit lies. Sometimes it's those lies that help you live, build. But it's also those same lies that will have the others beady little eyes watching your ever move, judging you, and remembering for what little you've removed a man today. Because you didn't like who he was, pretty simple. At least that's the real reason I see, because I'm not falling for the classical 'oleeeeeeee dat fooker wouldn't show up to our magical meetings we hold every 3 days'.

Either way, touche.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $75,000 Tip

Well the basis of the removal seems to stem from distrust, which was apparently built on the fact there were lies as to the history of this mans bloodline.

I agree somewhat with the strong worded approach of rw318, though I still would have to agree that discovering lies would lead me to believe I could have no working relationship with that person, regardless of what the lie was about.

However, as was pointed out by Spunky, the man's history wasn't hidden as far as I know. I knew his history. Many others knew his history and his bloodline was even spoke of in the streets recently, on more than one occasion I might add. So that leads me to believe either

A) Those still in charge in Black Bottom didn't bother visiting the streets very often, or missed those particular discussions where the name Grin was mentioned in reference to Stelengum

or

B) They have chosen to smear the name by telling people he lied about his identity in order to give a reason for his death, other than a simply admitting that due to the mans ancestry they feared that he would remove them in time.

Personally, I'm inclined to believe option B is more likely. The fact Stelengum has never seemed to hide his ancestry it strikes me strange that he would have claimed to have never had any bloodlines reach the position of Crewleader.

Nevertheless, old Stelengum lays 6ft under. So to the victor go the spoils, I watch with interest to see how things progress in Black Bottom.

Good points Mako.

Also looking at the fact they didn't even know the deceased man's name, getting it wrong each time when speaking of him there, I would have to question how much they really valued his input at these apparent meetings.

Report Post Tip

Being such a vibrant new young thing around these parts I could not possibly hope to enter into a verbal confrontation regarding the short comings of the late leader from Detroit but I will however like to say this;

It has taken me but a short time to realise that there are certain traits which are necessary when moving in the "business" circles of this world and in order to achieve status, standing, and the respect of others, decisive measures must be taken in order to maintain the very ethos of what we as a community believe in.

In short; Dame Fanny clears her throat before continuing.

The end will always justify the means, regardless. Big boys don`t cry.

Report Post Tip

I can't say I'm happy to see Stelegnum gone. I rather enjoyed him and I was a very interested follower of the construction of his church. But I'm sure he had no delusions about the dangers he agreed to when he set up in Black Bottom. I will miss him.

Report Post Tip

A mob boss refusing to divulge secrets about himself and his family? SAY IT AIN'T SO!

You are doing nothing for the gene pool around here by killing off Stelegnum and remaining alive yourself.

I must say, I have too agree with FP here. Granted if you wanted his removal, then so be it, but to come publicly and announce the reasoning for silence which were are all raised to adhere is rather silly. 

However, it was your play. Your decisions are your's and really you don't have to answer to anybody but your own district. 

Just always keep in mind, the decisions you make throughout this little shindig within Black Bottom, and this goes for all involved, will be used to justify what type of leader you are once it's over if you remain. So before taking actions think about what kind of path you may be paving for yourself in the future. Best of luck though. It takes balls to be involved in such massacre competitions. 

Report Post Tip

i agree with the general consensus. You removed a respected bloodline from your fold. 

You make some valid arguements Mako. well said man :D

Just remember that what goes around, comes around.

Report Post Tip

So, we all want to know.

What was his bloodline?  And how did you rumble him?

Report Post Tip

I don't really think there is much to be gained by my becoming too embroiled in the details of the speech itself. It is so evidently horse shit, I can smell it from here. 

The important thing to take from this is that if you are going to kill someone because you find out the name they go by in the coffeeshops, on the rare occasions they frequent them, and that terrifies you, do a better job than this guy did of covering it up.

It doesn't make you look good and it is almost certainly counterproductive to your long term survival. 

(The only other thing I would like to say can't be said in character. There is a bizarre obsession in this world with who people used to be, the name they go by in the Coffeeshops and speaking to that person in them, rather than the character they are playing in the game actually within the game itself. What on earth does the ancestry of someone have to do with anything? Had they said they used to be a fucking donkey in a past life, what difference does it make? It has absolutely no impact upon who the person is, their aims or their ambitions in this life. And, why must everything be conducted through the Coffeeshops? How about engaging your brain and manufacturing a sit down somewhere, inviting your trusted associates and doing the whole thing the way it is meant to be done, like we're actually in the Mafia. Wouldn't that be significantly better and entertaining?

But, even stranger that this, is this automatic assumption that just because the person behind the computer is the same, the characters they play must automatically be related. Why? I don't want all my characters to be interrelated as that seems incredibly restrictive and boring to me. The same friends and enemies, time after time - yuck. We have this sandbox that lets us create whatever we want and instead of picking it up and running with it, we want to compartmentalise everything into regimented tedium. Please stop. If someone makes the effort to give their character a back story and wants them to be something more than a cardboard cut out of someone they have played before, at least have the decency to respect the game and the medium you're playing in to embrace the information they are offering you. Don't just trample all over it and decide for yourself who they are meant to be. This is a role playing game, play your role and let them play theirs. You can still enjoy all the nefarious, power hungry side of the world without compromising on the integral role playing element of it.) 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

TommyTheKid yall have been in the comp for what a week and couple days? You say he lacked communication. What do you want someone mailing you every hour of the day just to say hi and bye?

Yall really need to just come straightforward with it like Maka said and say the real reason you took him down and not little bullshit.

Report Post Tip

The best thing that can happen to Black Bottom is it be cleared. The leaders come out here talking of lies and deceit while perpetrating their own. This "contest" is a farce. This is nothing more than a land grab and anyone who isn't part of their little click will be eliminated.

Report Post Tip

Bill approuches this non-sense speech that is being presented. Leaning against a pole nearby eating an apple cutting each piece with the same blade his last chop was cut with. He starts to speak:

" To be honest this is another sappy we did this because when really the man prob just simply didn't run something by one off these poor excuses of leader there are in Black Bottom"

Bill finishes his apple, and lights a cigar as he walks away shaking his head to say " Wow what a disaster"

Report Post Tip

I'm going to skip over all the comments and just jump straight to calling out your pathetic bullshit lies and excuses.

To start: 'From the very start of Stelegnum's career here in Blackbottom he was not very forthcoming and demonstrated an unwillingness to communicate, much like Fillmore, Hitta and Kastello' Maybe you've been smoking too much weed cause your fried. Stele was very 'forthcoming', infact i had spoke to him a few times within my time as Kastello's RHM. Your so full of shit it's honestly sad. If your even going to waste our time with these threads then speak the truth. Fillmore, Hitta, Kastello had extended a hand to you, i know cause i did aswell. What you did with that was stab them in the back, same thing you just did to Stele. You and supreme are the ONLY CL's apart of that comp that had lacked putting effort in, which is probably why you killed those 3 CLs and now a fourth.

Second, not once had i heard him lie, and cause you all have a black man as your profile pic doesn't make you 'brothers'. Real brothers die for each other, friends kill each other. New addition? Umm i'm sorry but are you fucking kidding me, your ass is a new addition, he was there from the start. Also he wasn't a new CL, he had the bold suit multiple times.

His bloodline shouldn't have had a fucking thing to do with any decision. Shouldn't have even been questioned. Reply by: rw318 at Mar 06, '14 22:08

Not a fan of the man  but in this case he's absolutely right, his bloodline shouldn't have held any more then 1% in your decision

Report Post Tip

Well so far all i see is the leadership that is in place now in Blackbottom has proven that they dont play well with others and have a shoot 1st attitude not really the kind of leadership that fills me with hope for the district.

Report Post Tip

Im going to have to reiterate what everyone else is saying as well.  How can you say you took the time to talk to him, but he ignored you.  I bet he knew your names.  yet you couldn't take the time to get to know him.  Bullshit spews from your mouth, but really good job on killing another people who could have helped your district.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Death Of Stelegnum
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL