Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 11:48:31
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The Death Of Stelegnum Started by: TommyTheKid on Mar 06, '14 22:01

"The best thing that can happen to Black Bottom is it be cleared. The leaders come out here talking of lies and deceit while perpetrating their own. This "contest" is a farce. This is nothing more than a land grab and anyone who isn't part of their little click will be eliminated."

This is absolutely the worst thing that could happen right now. Every single person who has set up or set up in Black Bottom knew the risks they were taking when they made that plunge. Perhaps they expected less bloodshed and a chance to work together to shape the district? I don't know. This is a contest and the winner gets the chance to run their own district, why would you do everything in your power to eliminate the enemies to give yourself the strongest chance at survival?

Arguably some of the reasons as to the take downs are a little shady, but there is nothing wrong with fearing a man and taking action as a result. Stelengum wasn't the first and he certainly won't be the last to be taken out as a result. That's just the way it is and should be. Considering many people shouted about how they didn't want interference and the strongest leaders will rise to the top. This is exactly what is happening. Calling off the contest now would be an absolute travesty and I sincerely hope it doesn't happen. I'm fairly sure more opportunistic mobsters can and will still enter the fray, just choosing to be slightly cleverer and more forward thinking with their arrival. I mean, why enter Black Bottom at the start when you can spend the next 10 days under your crew leader letting the other guys scrap it out whilst you work on money for your bodyguards and your gun.  

Report Post Tip

Couldn't agree more there Desmand.

Ending the contest would be pathetic, quite frankly. The leaders there had every right to remove whomever they want within that district, but should be ready to expect people to stand up and call bullshit when they see/hear it.

Report Post Tip
well in over all its the same reason my father FrankensteinX was laid to rest he lied about his bloodlines "PAST", instead of what was expected to be looked at was the future. Love you my buddy grin but like I was told it was Black Bottoms decision not ours.
Report Post Tip

I mean, why enter Black Bottom at the start when you can spend the next 10 days under your crew leader letting the other guys scrap it out whilst you work on money for your bodyguards and your gun.  

Now, I agree it would be foolish to enter Black Bottom. 

At the start, however, the scenario was pitched quite differently:

Billy:

Wars require valid reasons despite what many would argue.

Meaning that warring everybody in the district just to do so will be frowned upon and will come with the consequences decided by the rest of the Detroit Leaders.

I can therefore understand why people entered, prior to the rules being changed, at the time they did given the apparent consequences certain actions would carry. 

As it happens, I wish Black Bottom all the best for the future and hope the contest reaches it's natural conclusion with the people involved being judged upon their merits.

Report Post Tip

LOL,

I agree with whoever said that what goes around comes around.  I think you're reasoning behind this 'takedown' were comical at best.  Yes, you did what you had to do, so kudos.  

Desmond to say the strongest 'leaders' will rise to the top is a stretch.  The strongest 'characters'  (OOC) will rise to the top, but hardly the strongest leaders.  I challenge to you look around you for about 5 seconds to realize that reality.  

Report Post Tip

Clive,

I really wish we could have stuck to such rules but nobody wanted to leave the decisions in the hands of others. They wanted to be able to enter and make their own decisions and that is fine.

We are where we are now and not to be a negative person but it seems like the interest in the Black Bottom competition is dropping significantly.

I think that was actually one of the better things Clive was being able to war for reasons that the city you are part of deemed necessary, maybe if most of the original ruling stayed around these problems wouldn't have happened, but I somehow doubt that.

Report Post Tip

Ultimately this always happens with competitions their is interest and excitement in the initial phases; everyone swears this time will be different, but it never is.

People are told they can go set up and "THESE STRICT RULES" will be enforced and for a while they are. Until you know, people stop caring. I am not going to blame the competition or the organisers, the contestants should realise by now what was entailed.

With regards to the death of my poor comrade Stelengum. I'd have had a lot more respect for you if you had come out here and said "We killed him as a power play". "We killed him because we could".

But to come out here and try and sell us bullshit has lost you what little respect you commanded, and will place whoever wins this district off on the back foot for attempting to insult our intelligence in this manner. It takes a lot of balls to enter a competition of this nature.

So please; own up to your choices and don't pussy foot around and think we are stupid.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip
In reality TommyTheKid or any other the competitors in the Black Bottom like many of you said before don't need to come to streets, and give a reason for why actions are taken. Tommy tried to come with reasoning's for why Stelengum was taken out. As it has been seen many people in this thing of ours thought very highly of him and wanted to see him succeed in Black Bottom. It was very unfortunate that Stelengum taken out, but that happens in competitions. Call it a power play yes....Everything that is done in a competition for either power or for someone to out last the competition. So I feel like Tommy was just trying to make explanation.  Maybe people don't agree with it, but there will be always someone doesn't agree with peoples decision this is the mafia. When it all said and down people have fallen, and some great people have been lost. All we can do is pick up the piece and work to make Black Bottom better.
Report Post Tip

No, that wasn't at all what he was attempting to do.

He was attempting to paint a power play as something else. I hope you remember that at the end of this, the Godfathers will vote and elect the future leader of the district, you should probably assume we are a lot more intelligent than you have previously assumed.

I sincerely hope someone else is coming to Black Bottom. Right now I'd be abstaining from voting.

Report Post Tip
Hopefully that's the one rule that sticks, the voting phase.

It seems BB already has a city head and underboss but it's about how you conduct yourselves. Surviving is only 1/3 the battle.

Shooting to shoot will never get you where you want to be, this isn't like the other competitions. You actually have to show you're capable of working with others that are not in your "group". Show that you are capable of leading and will not go to "war " for weak reasons.
Report Post Tip

AssChicken did this

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

If I may be as so bold as to possibly contradict Godfather Numbers4Glory. No disrespect intended but I am sure the last thing I heard Billy out on the street corner say regarding a godfather of Black Bottom was;

"Final Change and Update

The Godfather Council choosing the Godfather has now been removed. Every entrance will require a street thread in the first 24 hours after you are set up, or you can post it before if you like.

When you set up you will have 60 days from your set up date until you are eligible for the rank of Godfather. How this rank is obtained is fully up to the entrants in Black Bottom and will have no interference or say from anybody outside of Black Bottom."

Has this since been changed? Not that I have any interest In Detroit, I love it out East but clarification would be appreciated.

Report Post Tip
Well, never mind then. The competition went from respectable and different to pure bootyholes :(
Report Post Tip

Quite right you are Mr Morgan.

I retract my statement. It seems my initial concerns of the competition changing have been proven right.

Best of luck.

Report Post Tip

Worry not, Godfather Glory. While the mechanics of the competition may no longer involve the Godfather Council choosing a winner make no doubt about it, the winner will be judged by each and every leader in this thing of ours. As I pointed out in an earlier discussion where someone was advocating that the Black Bottom contestants stop making public their reasons for killing each other, these discussions can help the leaders outside of Black Bottom understand the workings of the competitors and become more comfortable with them despite the heavy bloodshed which will greatly increase their chance of survival once a winner is declared and the district becomes open to outside influences. However if these explanations end up being an endless string of transparent lies and bullshit that serves to do nothing but insult our intelligence if can easily have the opposite effect.

That being said I would be extremely disappointed if any outside influence stepped in when the contestants have not broken the rules as they were presented to them. Desmand laid it out perfectly.

Report Post Tip
In reality TommyTheKid or any other the competitors in the Black Bottom like many of you said before don't need to come to streets, and give a reason for why actions are taken. Tommy tried to come with reasoning's for why Stelengum was taken out. As it has been seen many people in this thing of ours thought very highly of him and wanted to see him succeed in Black Bottom. It was very unfortunate that Stelengum taken out, but that happens in competitions. Call it a power play yes....Everything that is done in a competition for either power or for someone to out last the competition. So I feel like Tommy was just trying to make explanation.  Maybe people don't agree with it, but there will be always someone doesn't agree with peoples decision this is the mafia. When it all said and down people have fallen, and some great people have been lost. All we can do is pick up the piece and work to make Black Bottom better.

In reality, yes you could do this. You could've kept your mouth shut and be looked as a bunch of gun firing mutes (Wonder how well that would've gone over with the Godfathers).

That's your excuse though? That in reality you didn't have to do jack shit and everything that unravels in this competition can be viewed as a power move?

Mehhhh at your reply. Now you want to call it what it what it really is like that will take off all the angry eyes.

There's a huge difference with a majority of the community thinking you're full of shit, and then there is is EVERYONE thinking you're full of shit. Your decisions and actions carry over after this competition. Is that the only detail that didn't run through your mind? You think you could spew some bullshit lines to us and hide behind the wall fortifications of your district competition? Sure... Whatever you want to think.

You're going to be working with a lot of Godfathers if you prevail. I think it would be wise to NOT piss them off. 

But hey, you're doing a great job. Your paragraph phrase of... umm, what was it even about again? Well, nevermind that. You killed a man because you didn't want to work with 'so-and-so'. Instead of saying that, you laid an egg. You going to cause war on half of the world after the competition because you don't want to work with 'so-and-so'?

That's what I've seen from your character and persona, and it's how you think from what I gather from this experiment. I'm sorry, I don't want to work with someone who can't work with someone else that he might not like... because face it, that's the real REALITY of this word, not that bullshit you think is the reality of competition.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip
I mean. Stelengum had -one- member. Of course he was killed because of his lineage. Being that afraid of some random with one member not working with you would be the lulziest. I don't know anyone would bother to say anything else.
Report Post Tip

The conclusion I come to, based on the information made available here, is that the leaders of Black Bottom aren't interested in working with anyone outside of those currently set up. That sentiment, however, is very dangerous. It means that any newcomers will present an immediate threat (as they will know the three currently there have no interest in working with them) and will attack them immediately. Therefore, they masked this sentiment with a "justified" killing, so as to not threaten any future competitors or, more importantly, not have any future competitors threaten them.

In reality, no one can believe this to be anything beyond mere competition. It was unfortunate that Stelengum was the test case for that theory, but all who are interested in having a crew in Black Bottom will now have to fight off those currently there if they want to stay alive. Had there been any legitimate cause for killing Stelengum, this rouse may have been allowed to persist. But since it was handled so sloppily, each of the crews in Black Bottom must now expect that the next contender will contend violently.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Death Of Stelegnum
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL