Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 03:10:00
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Black Bottom - City Head? Started by: Solid on Mar 15, '14 00:45

Solid was looking back through the history of the district and noticed he had some confusing facts that left unanswered questions. Was this a group operation lead by many different crime families or was there one family that stood out in particular pulling all the strings. This left the question would all of Black Bottom's crime families pull together their resources for a future or was it destiny to bring destruction before something pure could be reborn. As far as Solid was concerned Black Bottom was due for some interaction to surface at some point whether it be letting the public know of the crime rates falling, businesses sprouting out of the ground or who was to run the show.

Down at Black Bottom's common meeting grounds Solid brought this question to hopefully be addressed by a representative from the district he was curious about.

"Forgive my rudeness but, if I had an issue that required the attention of someone that could get the police off my back and the politicians to stay in line who would I tell my messenger to deliver the message to? Or if I have a shipment I need to ensure gets to me, should it need to drive through Black Bottom's graceful roads."

He paused to get the general census from the area noticing a few familiar faces amongst the crowd.

"I should probably introduce myself, I am Solid. I come from Queens, New York district. Back to my original approach I've been attempting. Is there someone here that has taken the responsibilities of, let's just say, controlling the reigns on this horse steering it in the direction they desire. Or is this a district that has multiple steering wheels that could go in various directions? Do not mistake this question as offensive instead it should be considered as accepting recognition."

Solid clapped his hands together and pointed with both index fingers stick up and the rest of his fingers laced together. This pose was held close to his lips as he grinned out to the surrounding, eager for a response.

"I look forward to hearing someone else speak their voice. I'm rather tired of hearing mine."

Solid sat down in his chair.

Report Post Tip

While he notices one of his friends speaking in the streets, he hears the words "Black Bottom" utter from his mouth. This peaks Sandro's interest and he walks over to Solid and continues listening. Sandro looked around for Supreme, Tommy, and Scorpion but no one was around to be found at the time, they were out probably robbing banks. Sandro stepped forward and nodded to Solid as he finished his questioning.

"Solid, my friend. Long while since we last spoke. I guess the separation in cities has made us lose touch. I did come from New York, we spoke a lot there, our ancestors have known each other and were close. However, that's all irrelevant with the topic we have at hand. Who is Black Bottom's District Head. Now, Supreme and TommyTheKid were set up in Black Bottom before me and when I came into the fold of things, we all agreed to work together very closely and keep the lines of communication open at all times. No one was to make moves without the other two knowing. Since then we have added Scorpion into the mix, and we still run by the same method. We are running Black Bottom as an united group. I understand this is a competition but that hardly means there is need for aimless bloodshed.

So to answer your direct question of who you or anyone else should go to in case any issues should arise, the answer is any of the four of us. We then will consult the others and bring the issue to light, and help remedy the situation.

I hope this helps. If you should need further clarification or information please don't hesitate to contact us here in Black Bottom.

Sandro extends his hand to shake Solid's hand. He nods and pulls out his cigarette. He lights up and looks around waiting for Tommy, Supreme and Scorpion to arrive.

Report Post Tip

Solid extended his hand to meet in the middle for the handshake. He smiled while moving his hand back by his side.

"I must say I'm rather impressed with your response time. Thank you for speaking up, the world could use some charismatic figures in its midst. I am aware of you and Scorpion, I have had conversations with both of you. I don't believe I've met TommyTheKid or Supreme yet. Are they here?"

Solid looked around the crowd soon realizing he could not possibly work out what either of their appearances were as he had never met them in his lifetime.

"Maybe you could introduce me to the them at some point. I would very much like to get their thoughts and it wouldn't hurt to put a voice with a face. That is usually the best way I can remember anyone now."

Report Post Tip

Scorpion arrives on a black 1930's ford, three men get out of the vehicle it seemed to be Scoprion right hand man and a bodyguard. He then walks over to Sandro as he heard word of the streets. 

Sandro explained it really. I tried to not be to late to this show, but yes Sandro nailed it. We are a unit, we understand for the cost of blood. I am proud and honored to work with these three other leaders here at Black Bottom. By that being said and also expressing that these other leaders are like family to me. This is more than a competition, this is to rebuild a city and rise as one. 

Scorpion then looks at Sandro then back at Solid.

I hope this answered your question Solid.

Report Post Tip

Lawl... Good answers

Report Post Tip

Guess theres a clear cut Head now...

Report Post Tip

How much longer until we consider this a failure?

While there is now a clear city head it is also painfully obvious that no one has a chance to do anything in Black Bottom. Good luck to you Supreme. It seems as though you are quickly alienating yourself from the rest of our community.

Report Post Tip

While I must praise Supreme's conquering abilities, as now he has all but assured a Godfather title in Black Bottom, I also wonder how he intends to govern his territory once this competition is over as I don't think he can be trusted.

Report Post Tip

While there is now a clear city head it is also painfully obvious that no one has a chance to do anything in Black Bottom. Good luck to you Supreme. It seems as though you are quickly alienating yourself from the rest of our community.

I don't see how he has alienated himself? He has just done what is needed in the competition. He saw a clear opportunity to clear the district of any competition to the Godfather and took it. The other people who set up shop there know the risk and should accept what has happened. I respect that there will be grievances with the people who died, hell I lost a friend or two in this last little shooting, but they all knew the risks.

While I must praise Supreme's conquering abilities, as now he has all but assured a Godfather title in Black Bottom, I also wonder how he intends to govern his territory once this competition is over as I don't think he can be trusted.

Again, I will reiterate, he is just doing what many people would do and is taking the initiative. The district is clear from anyone else to intervene, so they can pretty much do what ever the fuck they like. (I said a swear word. I am a bad bad man). I am not a fan of this competition, as a matter of fact, it pretty much pisses me off, but at least it has some action in it.

Report Post Tip

While I agree that he has a strategy that is going well, in the long run it is harder to have faith in it. When you publicly see a man back the new people who come into the district over and over and talk about how they are going to work together and then a week later see those people in the Obits it makes it hard to take them seriously. Yes, there is no intervention now, but when he does become Godfather who will want to line up next to him and take him at his word when he has left a bloody path of former allies in his wake?

Report Post Tip

While I agree that he has a strategy that is going well, in the long run it is harder to have faith in it. When you publicly see a man back the new people who come into the district over and over and talk about how they are going to work together and then a week later see those people in the Obits it makes it hard to take them seriously. Yes, there is no intervention now, but when he does become Godfather who will want to line up next to him and take him at his word when he has left a bloody path of former allies in his wake?

Well, I think it is important to differentiate this from a normal district. This district is under competition rules. OK, he has come to bat for these other authed people previously, but what have they done to deserve or earn his loyalty? The same could be said the other way too, what has he done to earn their trust and loyalty (obviously before all this happen). Perhaps when the district is not under competition rules and people placed in power there are from the crew he has worked from, then fair enough. I came through the ranks in Staten Island, loyal to Numbers, Goku, Defy, Staten Island and New York because I have worked side by side with them previous to my auth, not because I was thrown in with them.

The basis of my reply is based on one point, but I do think it is an important factor in all of this.

Report Post Tip

A man cannot rule alone. For a Godfather to be truly powerful he needs to have friends. Talking about making alliances with his fellow Black Bottom leaders and uniting Black Bottom into one family and then breaking that word and eliminating his competition is not the way to attain friends. Once this competition is over, I wouldn't be surprised if other Detroit leaders made a move against Supreme for the sole reason that he isn't a very trustworthy ally.

Report Post Tip

I wasn't killed by Supreme me and him fought side by side til the end don't see how he failed to show teamwork.

Report Post Tip

I did not mean within his crew but the whole city.

Report Post Tip
I have to agree with Wargasm, this is under competition rules all leaders before taking auth in Black Bottom knew that it wasn't going to be easy. There will be bloodshed and no one can really moan about it. In regards to trusting Supreme after the competition you can't really go by what has happened in Black Bottom as once again its a competition. What im trying to say its a competition lol and fair play to him he did what he thought he needed to do. Hopfully after the competition is finished they will actually help the district to grow but who knows no one does.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I am TommyTheKid.....

Report Post Tip

If we stop trusting anyone who shoots a leader, partakes in a war or take down especially within families they previous been allied too, then will be a lot of leaders we won't trust anymore.

Report Post Tip

A man cannot rule alone. For a Godfather to be truly powerful he needs to have friends. Talking about making alliances with his fellow Black Bottom leaders and uniting Black Bottom into one family and then breaking that word and eliminating his competition is not the way to attain friends. Once this competition is over, I wouldn't be surprised if other Detroit leaders made a move against Supreme for the sole reason that he isn't a very trustworthy ally.

Why would anyone going for that competition settle for someone else to get Godfather? Fuck, if I was going to an experimental district under competition rules, I would be going for the end prize, the prize of Godfather. I sure as hell wouldn't be going there to end up second in a two man race (the two being Godfather and whoever is not Godfather). As a matter of fact, I think it would be highly stupid to go to such a hostile environment with such an alluring end prize, just to allow and enable someone else to get it.

As for allies, who said (with the proper channels of course) that Supreme wouldn't set some one up as a secondary crew leader after the competition has ended? It's pretty much what I would do.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Supreme has to get to 30 members to take Godfather. We all know to well how hard it is to recruit in this place and being in a competition district I would imagine it is even harder. As it stands I would imagine that will be his biggest challenge.

Then if Supreme does get all the requirements for Godfather what happens as I know if I was a Godfather I wouldn't trust him. The alliance he was part come to the streets after each takedown spouting rubbish I think he would be in a much better position had he just come out and told it as it is rather than the efforts we have seen from Black Bottom so far.

Wargasm I agree that you enter a competition like this to win but you have to do things or at least appear to be doing things the right way.
Report Post Tip
At the end of the day guys the competition isn't over yet so let them get on with it. Yeah Spunky your right in the respect of things should be done in certain ways i agree with that but we could sit here all day and say they should of done this and told us ( Well i decided i wanted to be the powerhouse here in black bottom ect ) but he decided to go about it a different way. Its a competition lets just see what happens.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Black Bottom - City Head?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL