Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 01:32:01
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 [ > - >>> ]
Chicago - Long Overdue? Started by: Numbers4Glory on Mar 25, '14 19:26

It is far from my pleasure standing here making a speech that is going to draw an insane amount of negative attention. However the past few weeks have been building up the this inevitable conclusion. There are a number of reasons for this war.

Firstly when JakeLuciano stepped down this left a huge void in leadership in Chicago, he was the very silent but stern leader of Chicago and more or less led the city on a good path and kept things in line; when this happened it cast a huge responsibility on to Maple to step up and lead the city. This didn't happen.

It is fair to say Chicago had their issues pretty much off the bat. SpikeS old hand for the former Godfather JakeLuciano got himself into a very sticky situation when he was instrumental in a decorated Chicago hand roguing and killing a NY member. A few days later BrandonHeat was removed from Chicago by the upper structure of Chicago for trust issues and general problems with his leadership. The removal of the black sheep from Chicago was the next crack in their once great city.

Then we can rewind to a few weeks ago when NealCaffrey shot Diablos. Diablos and his former RHM were "insulting and derogatory" comments. Maple was informed of the situation, and whilst I don't have all the details; it was left to stand. A short time later Neal informed Maple that he would be flying to Staten Island to shoot Diablos for his transgressions, and she had 10mins to decide who she would choose. Neal gave Maple a 10 minute countdown, waited an extra 3 minutes. Then shot Diablos. Maple flew in to Neal and shot him a few minutes later. Her inability to; intervene and take a stand lost her 2 leaders that day.

On a more personal note Maple and I didn't see eye to eye. Since the invasion of Manhattan she made a number of bad choices. The approval of the now infamous "Yes" NPC's which were largely considered to be a huge slap in the face. This came moments after a planned 1810 Invasion was postponed out of respect for the NY situation. There were a number of continued issues which arose. There was significant tension between Staten Island and The Loop which escalated due to a lot of miscommunication and rumour spinning.

After the tension neared critical mass, I approached Maple to settle things down after some guidance from the rest of NY and I had hoped that we could put the majority of these troubles behind us. I was 100% open and honest with everything I could be at that point and highlighted that we should be keep communication channels open between us to prevent further issues. This will be completely subjective, but I found Maple very responsive as opposed to forthcoming regarding matters and didn't feel horribly reassured but I was confident this was something we could work on going forward. I did ask Maple at this point to please see to it that one of her members desist with the harassment of one of my hands. I advised she could handle this in any way she felt would be effective. After chatting with the member she informed me the situation was over and that he would not be contacting my hand again. I advised that should it come up again the member would be shot.

We had a few more bumps in the road, but to fast forward to this morning. I woke up to an issue regarding WiggleBottom harassing one of my Captains in a very uncivilised manner. I also received word from one of my contacts deep within Chicago hierarchy that their personal chatters were largely focused around complaining about my District and one of my captains in particular. I also received word that the member who I was assured was going to stop harassing and bad mouthing one of my hands was up to his old ways, after this was proven to me. True to my word, I shot the member.

I mailed the members leader, and informed him of the situation, as well as response to the request sent out by Totes_Macgotes. This was largely seen as "disrespectful" and "Not in keeping with my status as an old school leader". When i informed Mr Macgotes that if I held those philosophies in high esteem I would have shot Maple for failing to control her members, as life in those days was much less forgiving. This ended in silence. Maple came to me and requested I give my source. I declined; and informed her revealing this would be a violation of their trust and is not something I would consider. She asked again; I went to the individual and asked if they were okay with it, they declined. 

The issue here was when the persons identity was revealed I imagine they were to suffer a similar fate to BrandonHeat in being ostracised from the community. For me it came down to the fact that,

1) A member of my family, my hand, had been disrespected; again.

2) i made it very clear what would happen if this transpired again.

3) i honoured my word.

I went to Maple, again in private to justify my choice and calm things down. I basically told her I had the proof and she had the choice to either take my word and trust me, or not. Not long after Wigglebottom took a protection shot.

This is from a personal perspective obviously but I felt it fair to paint the full picture.

From a holistic point of view.

1) Maple failed to exhibit the adequate leadership to run the city

2) Her inability to rule was causing conflict internally which was flowing over into New York and causing conflict between the two cities.

3) The chatter within the Upper Structure of Chicago, was at best; disrespectful and inciting.

I am quite sure there is very little I can add that won't result in various forms of abuse. I have thick skin and am adequately prepared for it. This decision was not made easily, one that had to be visited, and revisited. Ultimately it was decided that it was best for the city as a whole that Chicago be removed and that new leadership be put in place to attempt to return the city to it's former greatness.

*Opens the floodgates*

Report Post Tip

BS NewYork can never be trusted..... You go and kill your biggest ally and then give a BS excuse for it... Maple was not a GodFather long enough for anyone to decide if she was a good leader or not... New York was just taking out there biggest competition ... At least you can do is be honest,but now everyone knows that New York can never be trusted...... You could have taken out those who were bad mouthing you not the entire city .... And dont give me this BS about how you had to take down all of chicago bc i seen where some were invited to join new york and were not killed ...

Report Post Tip

*puts cigarette out after a final drag; holds up a shot of whiskey and addresses those tuning in*

It's always a regretful decision when alternatives are exhausted and violence becomes the next inevitable action however, I believe I speak for all of New York when I applaud the men who have to make the tough decisions in the best interest of their people. War is always regrettable, having said that, I am grateful to reside in a city and under such respectable and strong leaders that can vanquish the weak with such efficiency. To all those active members who took part in the elimination of the Chicago families I raise my glass to you.

*raises shot glass higher in toast*

Report Post Tip

I'm sure this will be widely debated, your reasons will be questioned, and accusations will be thrown around.

To balance all that out, I want to make one short comment on the mather:

"Shit happens."

Oh, and well executed. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Well damn... Looks like you killed the Irishman.

Report Post Tip

The way I see it,  your actions were justified. You did what you thought was best for New York and I applaud you for that.

Report Post Tip

An to talk about poor leaadership eh,  I quite remember you and your captain being struck down by the gods for not being able to control your members. Course the gods spared your lives later.  

I woke up to an issue regarding WiggleBottom harassing one of my Captains in a very uncivilised manner.

Didn't both you and Defy apologize to wiggle, and let wiggle shoot Defy's member that was being disrespectful in the streets.

Report Post Tip

I agree with TheNewGuy  ''Shit Happens'' and I want to put another short message that New York would have been thinking at the time:

''Because we could''

Think this sums up what both sides should be feeling, it mainly sums up all wars

Winners: Because we could

Losers: Shit Happens

Advice to the winners and losers

Winners: Win graciously and do not gloat we have all been in the losing situation and you just seem like an absolute dick.

Losers: Dust yourself down and come again, do not bitch that just annoys everyone.

Report Post Tip

so...blah blah blah, I wanted to excercise my hitters and take another city...blah blah blah

no harm in it, just stand behind the real reasons...

Report Post Tip

Princess I applaud your words of wisdom. People please take notes.

Report Post Tip

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Djosefin skips off into the distance

Report Post Tip

It's funny when you know you're about to lay out one big steaming pile of horseshit and feed it to the masses you know you're going to get alot of negative attention. But when horseshit and half truths are all you have what choice do you have?

I realize this won't matter. The victor always gets to tell the story and you won't hesitate to lie and twist the story anyway. For those interested in what really happened here I will lay it out short and sweet. Chicago had many internal problems as the city transitioned from JakeLuciano to Maple. These problems, while frustrating to deal with, we managed to limit the effect of to the city of Chicago. The only incidences that had effect on New York was instigated by SpikeS who was moving to New York and when the brilliant Number4Glory shot someone on protection list. One would say the problems came from New York not Chicago.

Then there was the NealCaffrey shooting of Diablos. Another internal incident that had no effect on New York aside from the fact that New York supplied NealCaffrey with locals on Diablos. It makes you wonder why they would do that if the shot concerned them so. Stemming from that fact the bloodline of Diablos had, during the course of a conversation among friends, asked N4G's hand if she had any knowledge. She denied it but later Diablos' bloodline received information that this was untrue and confronted her. This conversation was heated and ended with Diablos's bloodline blocking all communication with N4G's hand. Upset this hand went to N4G looking for a friend to vent to. What she ended up with was a lunatic who crossed boundries she never wanted crossed. How do I know this. She mailed Maple explaining this in no uncertain terms after N4G contacted us. After speaking with Diablos' bloodline it was apparent the two stories matched exactly and this is what happened. The story that didn't match was the one N4G gave us. He came spinning yarns about Diablos' bloodline repeatedly harassing his hand and if he didn't stop N4G would shoot him. We offered to shoot Diablos' bloodline over it but we also suggested that, since shooting him would not end the harassment, we would be willing to talk to him and end the harassment. N4G agreed that he would prefer us to make it stop. Not since has Diablos' bloodline contacted his hands. Apparently N4G was told by someone that Diablos' bloodline said something about his hand in a private conversation somewhere. I can't be sure since he was unable to produce any evidence. So he shot Diablos' bloodline. Once again New York coming into Chicago and creating problems.

This pattern just goes on and on in this ridiculous speech. WiggleBottom was not harassing N4G's Captain. It was the other way around. And N4G even went so far as to mail WiggleBottom and demand he no longer deal with his Captains because "they are incompetent" and he wanted Wiggle to come directly to him in the future. I ended your conversation with me because it's clear we were just going in circles and you had no idea what it meant to be old school. It's sad because I had great hope that N4G would help bring things back to the old ways before it was all about what group you belonged to or what skype call you belong to. He turned out to be worse than anyone. But he has the backing of his clique so he will get away with it...for now.

As for me, I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed to see Chicago end over a bunch of manufactured drama, but I'm glad it's over.

Report Post Tip

We can go back and forth and never agree. 

When you are on opposing sides you are always going to defend your point of view regardless of what is right or wrong. All i did in coming out here was to try and put forward some facts. It's always going to be slightly subjective as that is a first person account.

To clarify a few things.

I do have logs. You have no business seeing them. As I said to Maple you could handle that situation any way you liked but I wanted to abuse to stop. It didn't. He died. I don't think me defending my members is unreasonable. 

Uhm no, I don't know what shit Wigglebottom told you; but I said because he has shown himself to be unable to act in a civil manner and that going forward he was barred from speaking to my captains. Quite a different situation.

And just to be clear; the only reason Chicago didn't throw everything they had at Staten Island last night is because they fell from some ridiculous rumour...

Report Post Tip

This was not a war anyways,This was a massacre... Your wars are nothing but sneak attacks on those who have no idea its coming bc you act on rumors and made up excuses to kill people... You have not given one good reason to why New York took Chicago out yet.... If it was a legit reason as to why you felt chicago was going to be a threat to New York that you had to go and kill all of them then chicago would have known you were coming and it would have been a real war not this...... New York fights like a bunch of cowards....

Report Post Tip

I have to disagree with you Blaze. This thing of ours is not a knightly battle of chivalry and honor. It is a fight of money, turf and power and only the strongest can survive that fight. And to be the best, you have to eliminate your competition.

Report Post Tip

So you kill the whole of Chicago for a couple of people's mistakes?

Speaking your mind and being honest here is seen as "disrespectful", which is bullshit. Makes people not want to say anything or even be here. My father had a few associates who left specifically because they couldn't say a word or speak their concerns for the good of the family without being shot. It is becoming a joke of a few people who decide they completely run this world, emotionally and physically, and don't listen to their members.

I know for a fact WiggleBottom was a good man and a good asset to Chicago, my father was VERY close with him and this story from you is complete bullshit

I was there last night and among some very high ranking members in Chicago and nothing was said about this so sorry Numbers but i you're telling bullshit to make yourself look like the good guy.

How about speaking the truth Numbers4Glory?

Report Post Tip

That was not there reason for war,There reason was over some high school drama..... Not one good reason yet

Report Post Tip

NY fight like pussies, attack while they CH sleeps. Grow some balls, i can't wait until NY gets shit thrown in their face, i'll make it a annual holiday to celebrate!

Report Post Tip

So.... Show me where I called anyone incompetent?

To: WiggleBottom
Sent: Mar 25, '14 04:50
Subject:

Going forward you are barred from contacting any of my captains regarding in game issues. Unfortunately people continue to be able to employ common sense and decency.

-----

To: Numbers4Glory
Sent: Mar 25, '14 04:54
Subject:

Exactly What did I do to prevent speaking to one of your captains? 

-----

Sent: Mar 25, '14 05:49
Subject:

I am at the end of my rope with people and their inability to be reasonable.

If you have a problem come to me.

------

To: Numbers4Glory
Sent: Mar 25, '14 05:58
Subject:

I dont see how I was not reasonable. I have been defending myself over an article a NY member wrote. People attacked me for a newspaper. I expressed my opinion in a thread even you would find disrespectful. Then get slammed and called a "fucking idiot." I will respect your wishes however.

------

Sent: Mar 25, '14 06:01
Subject:

I am not trying to defend the member.

But come to us in a civil manner rather than be angry and aggressive. Whilst it is our member and we take responsibility for their actions. We didn't insult you and if given the opportunity we will correct it.

Bearing in mind i've had my fair share of assault in the streets and never once requested a death over it.

I have honestly been top busy to deal with other stuff as I've had my own dramas. But of you are legitimately upset then I will resolve it.

Is that fair?

Report Post Tip

Godfather N4G could have gone without taking his time out here to state the reasons for the takedown, just saying.

It's a war for fucks sake, so call it whatever you like. Be it a show of power, or actual legitimate reasons, it wouldn't matter cause well, "war" happens.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Chicago - Long Overdue?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL