Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 23:44:24
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Czylharz Always Comes First Started by: Starscream on Mar 26, '14 23:20

I'm also of the arrogant variety but that's why I'm quick to defend when I believe another is using it to their advantage such as playing on nostalgia. I've done the things that'll make a hell of a lot of people remember you but I've long since past looking for self-confidence in the opinions of others, not that it's a bad thing to find happiness in that validation, just something I grew bored with. 

The term legacy is an illusion that I've noticed the more people speak of some of the bloodlines I know better than most. My legacy will likely be as a troll, an RP idiot pretending to chase hubcap stealing monkeys, the jackass who gave philosophy lessons and told the world he was far more intelligent than the rest (I was actually challenging others to up their vocabulary and confidence in speaking which worked... despite the fact not a single one person that was or is still today demonstrating my success will ever realize how much more activity there is nowadays compared to 6 months ago through the beginning of the times of Roman) or the guy who had that one insult for everybody but not a single one of those legacies is actually me. They're successes tied to a persona that could be ruined by one jackass wearing my name whilst I'm gone and the real value comes from the individual moments of happiness collected in whatever form that makes you happy along the way, because that's what life is really all about, finding as many happy moments in the hear and now. My reason being "Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive."

Report Post Tip

I believe in the case of Starscream it's to honor Jake more than anything, not for any personal gain, though I could see where you'd be coming from perhaps if the situation was different.

Your legacy is fine. Your critical speaking is an important part of this community. It's important to keep people thinking, and this is a topic I expected someone to discuss publicly. I'm glad it was you. 

Report Post Tip
There we do agree as in most of my bloodlines public writings and I admit these are few and far between "having fun" is what matters most. That is a personal momentry goal though and the legacy is more a long term objective, just what we leave when we are off having fun elsewhere.

In your speech though you do sound proud of your achievements (and rightly so) given this does it not follow that you are proud or even nostalgic about your past accomplishments?
Report Post Tip

I'd agree on the tricking MR players into speaking in the streets more, but the rest were just descriptions of me from other people that hold little to no long term value. Though you do have me with one of my few actually nostalgic moments, so I'll give you that you definitely caught me on that one. It happens, but it's not gonna overrun my goal to pursue short term reward happiness when you never know just how long you really have to live.

Report Post Tip
That is an absolutely fair point of view to have. Fun people! Start having it!
Report Post Tip

NealCaffreys unjust death?????

That is the biggest load of crap i have ever heard When Neal shot Diablos he spat in the face of the Godmother who Authed him who had given him a district to run Maple had no option but to gun him down like the mad dog he was

Report Post Tip

Amazing how people fail to see the actual point of this speech but have to nitpick at whether Starscream thought NealCaffrey's death was unfortunate....but then again, guess it is easier to pick a fight when you're also picking nits. 

Report Post Tip
Very true Kittyhawk but is perhaps because everything else that was said is so hard to unpick.

I believe the "Neals unjust death" comment from starscream was a minor one and probably meant that starscream was angry with the decision rather than it was unjust. Again I hope starscream forgives me if I am overstepping the mark in interpreting his words.
Report Post Tip

Kittyhawk, how can you presume to know whether people saw the actual point of the speech or not? Just because they didn't comment on the rest of the speech doesn't mean they didn't get it. Would you rather that every single person commented on every single little part of the speech to agree or disagree with it? I know for myself at least that I only comment on parts that I feel are worth responding to, rather than just saying meaningless words for the sake of it.

Report Post Tip

I can't and I wouldn't. Also, I appreciate your need to not 'say meaningless words for the sake of it'.

However,  what I CAN do is this... I believe I can figure out when someone is being confrontational for the sake of being confrontational. When someone is trying oh so hard to force someone to respond to a statement. As can be seen from dear ole Oxford who, in spite of being given a reason for the whole sorry affair..just pressed on for Starscream to respond.

Then,my friend Visas who might have convinced everyone here that she is incapable of actual tact with her most recent statement...when in reality it seems to me to be a thinly veiled attempt to get a rise out of Starscream. 

Hopefully that clears up the confusion as to why I feel people are 'nitpicking for the sake of it' and not avoiding the 'saying of meaningless words for the sake of it' jazz.

Report Post Tip

I don't really care if you appreciate it or not frankly, I was just pointing out that just because they didn't comment on every single aspect of the speech, doesn't mean they didn't get it - which is what you were implying initially.

I wasn't debating people's intentions or whether they were nitpicking for the sake of it either, so I'm not sure why you decided to focus on that so much. Again, just pointing out that your assumption that people failed to see the point of the speech was most likely wrong.

Report Post Tip

Never really understood the whole posthumous arguments. Nothing changes.

Report Post Tip

...A man who wears over 75 names claiming to respect and keep loyalty to... including my name. ​
So you see no personal gain from having this persona?
No possible advantage? I do.

Keep loyalty to?
Please do NOT lie and don't make the mistake of projecting your personality flaws to me.
If you're going to attack me, tell the truth and don't lie and twist my words.

Where in my profile have I mentioned LOYALTY to the names mentioned there?
What's the reason to you lying? Your ignorance or you attempting to manipulate the readers with lies?

Those names in my profile made a lasting impression on me.
They accomplished things which I respect and still admire, even as enemies, for example Perrin.
Their accomplishments motivated me to become better, and still do.

There are benefits from that list of names as many will have the opposite reaction that i have to seeing their name on that list. They'll get nostalgic and look at past friends or happy to see someone respects them. I don't care for ploys on nostalgia and regardless of whether it's intentional or not that's what it (along with using the Czylharz name) uses to gain him an advantage both in conversations to develop connections and politically.

I've carried this list in my profile since 2003.
Using the argument that I have done it to gain personal advantage is just plain stupid, unless someone came along, thinking like you; always looking for ways to use people around you and manipulating.
My bloodline has earned its stripes the hard way and it has never been given anything for free.
None of those names mentioned in my profile, yours included, have approached me to give me a free ride, nor have I approached them.
I've earned their trust [and hopefully even their respect] by pulling up my sleeves and getting my hands dirty for them.

Someone who not too long ago told a friend of mine he knew nothing about me...
I don't respect someone's respect if they don't know me. 

I fully agree that I don't know you.
It's hard to approach someone who is nonchalant and patronizes others around him.

You're an angry little butt-hurt boy. Is it because seeing your name reminded you of where you used to be and how deep you've sunk since then? 

Report Post Tip

Kittyhawk, I'm not quite sure how you got the impression that I missed the point of the speech. I did not. What we have is a leader that was authed in Chicago who knew of an impending attack by another city and rather than stick with his city chose to move so he could survive the attack and has now created a speech full of rhetoric to save face. I'm not going to argue the rhetoric as those argument tend to be dismissed the same way Numbers4Glory dismissed the response to his rhetoric in his war speech by saying that facts change according to point of view (I don't really get how facts change but when you're making them as you go along you're always going to argue that). I'm also not going argue the right or wrong over abandoning the city. There will always be people who will say they have no problem with it until they're on the other side of it.

The reason I chose to question the part of the speech I did is because Starscream's actions speak for themselves and a friend and ally. He's obviously not someone I would want watching my back. But to say NealCaffrey's death was unjust speaks to him as a leader. The bottom line is anyone who would have let NealCaffrey live after shooting their auth is not fit to lead. I understand some people think Maple should have shot him before he could pull the trigger on Diablos but if you're arguing that Maple would have been just to shoot him before he took the shot and not after...well...that's just retarded.

Now it's always fun to watch the sycophants come out of the woodwork and try to make excuses for the man but he didn't say Neal's death was unfortunate. He didn't say that he was just angry about the decision. He said it was unjust. Those are his words and if he meant something and simply lacks a grasp on the meaning of the word unjust he could have said so himself when I questioned his statement earlier but the fact he has already revisited this conversation and chose to simply ignore my question speaks volumes.

Report Post Tip

Then,my friend Visas who might have convinced everyone here that she is incapable of actual tact with her most recent statement...when in reality it seems to me to be a thinly veiled attempt to get a rise out of Starscream. 

Seems your wrong an awful lot here, Kitty. There wasn't any thinly veiled attempts to get a rise, Visas quite clearly stated her opinion on a comment made by Starscream.

Thats like saying Starscreams original comment was a thinly veiled attempt to get a rise out of everyone who disagreed with that view. Which clearly he wasn't trying to do, he was simply putting his own thoughts of the situation down. He's welcome to believe the death of Neil was unjust, just as those who disagree are well within their rights to scoff at the comment and call it bullshit.

As it happens, I didn't really give a shit about the comment regarding Neal and Diablos, as I wasn't involved with either of them, I simply enjoyed listening to Starscreams comments as a whole as it's refreshing to see someone come out and speak their mind in the streets.

Report Post Tip

What we have is a leader that was authed in Chicago who knew of an impending attack by another city and rather than stick with his city chose to move so he could survive the attack and has now created a speech full of rhetoric to save face.

Another assumption from what I'm guessing the offspring of one of those Chicago CL's who were plotting behind Maple's back to kill me.
Or will there be an expected denial from you and all blames shifted over to the late BrandonHeat?
The rumors remained despite the death of BrandonHeat.

​My family's departure from Chicago had its main reason in those threats I felt coming from within Chicago against me and my family the same day Jake retired, and the disrespect shown to me by Scumbag.

I would gladly take credits for the attack if I was aware and/or involved, and I am sure that New York would give credit to all those involved in that attack.

However, I didn't know about the attack plans on Chicago [but if it makes you feel better and gives you an excuse to why Chicago was wiped out, feel free to keep believing that].
Misfits staying in Chicago would not have changed the fate that was awaiting the rest of Chicago, it would just delay it.

Report Post Tip

NealCaffreys unjust death?????

That is the biggest load of crap i have ever heard When Neal shot Diablos he spat in the face of the Godmother who Authed him who had given him a district to run Maple had no option but to gun him down like the mad dog he was

Yes,

It was unjust because both their deaths could have been avoided if Godmother Maple had stepped in earlier and attended to NealCaffrey's complaint of disrespect, and had proper action been taken then, no one would have died.

It weakened Chicago, first by Diabolos death and as a consequence of it Chicago lost one of its most loyal people.

Not to mention it was Diablos who asked NealCaffrey to send a duel request before he ran from it.
There was full warning of the outcome, and when it comes to upholding honor, NealCaffrey, as a crewleader, did so.

Report Post Tip

if Jake had called his family The Egg family, Starscream would now have egg comes first as a tattoo, 

If Starscream had egg comes first in his profile there may be some validity to the objection over it. After all someone has to stay on the chicken side.

Once Diablos had been shot it was clearly correct for Maple to shoot  Neal. Neal expected to die for it when he did it. Starscream is likely not objecting to the result, but rather is objecting to the chain of events not being cut off prior to that point.

In the same way Maple shooting Neal was correct, as DeadlySin pointed out Starscream leaving CH was correct.  His line already spilled their blood for CH, more than once, and he has a crew. How many lives exactly is he meant to owe?

As for his names, Starscream works his ass off. He has a list of people on him, many of whom I've definitely seen work their asses off. It should not be terribly surprising that he esteems this. You don't have to know someone, nor be working with them to respect them. My family respected the hell out of Scarin's after watching her run at the end of (and eventual graceful end of that run) the May war, and none of mine had ever even spoken to hers until seven months later. That doesn't make the admiration any less valid.

Report Post Tip

```why dont everyone just getalong and play the game together,,,,,,

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Czylharz Always Comes First
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL