Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 19:50:38
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Conclusion of "Project Jeff" Started by: JohnWayne on Apr 01, '14 15:32

The Jeff Project was a collaborative effort to run a test against the ethics and morale of those on these shores. It was a failure. Jeff was a created persona of a young man who does not possess the aptitude to truly succeed at this game. He was portrayed with low ability and poor comprehension skills. He was mistreated, taunted, made fun of and abused by several members of this game. A few were kind and understanding and went out of their way to show him around and dedication time and effort into establishing him a place in this game. 

The keyword here is "game". Collectively the autonomy of this world has decided that a guy like Jeff stands no chance and that his presence is solely for the purpose of manipulation and mockery. He was used for free kills, tricked into duels, asked for money and told to shoot at people. As a result, he did.

Call it a social experiment.. call it a joke... call it what you like. We have lost a sense of what this is exactly.. a game. A new player with no knowledge was admin jailed and made fun of instead of directed. This is not a shot at the administration .. just an eye opener. 

Is this a game or an elitist organization of individuals who decided who is allowed to play and enjoy themselves. We have enough room for everybody here. 

Being malicious to somebody you believe to be slow is a red light indicator of your actual personality. Predatory behaviors. 

​Sickened.

Report Post Tip

Everyone knew Jeff was a troll and was subsequently treated as one. 

Boreoff please. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

What tangible evidence was there to prove so? 

Where do we assign the title "troll" and where do we assign "new and not too sharp"?

Report Post Tip

Holding VIP mapping is probably a start.

Speaking about things no "new and not very smart" person would say or talk about.

I could go on but it was fairly obvious. Just not a very funny troll. 

I've spoke and worked with new members and I know we have "slower" members already in the community. They all seem to be doing well enough and none have displayed any of the characteristics yours "Jeff Project" showed. 

Report Post Tip

Admin jailed with an explanation of why he was admin jailed, and told to mail me if he had any questions - which he didn't.

Don't try and paint me or the rest of the staff as bad guys when all the information was offered, but not taken up on by 'jeff'.

Report Post Tip

Clicking buttons can give the impression of intelligence or "trolling"?

So by the select personalities you have encountered you are uniquely qualified to decide who is real and who isn't ?

Report Post Tip

Pretty much, yeah. I look forward to further investigative journalism you undertake, perhaps you can write an article for my paper. 

Report Post Tip

So a new character comes on this game... plays and enjoys himself and misuses an open forum and then instead of being guided FIRST and then penalized.. he is told, "You cannot play for 24 hours". That, my friend, is a disservice to the consumer. You see, what if "Jeff" was interested in this game and would be directed in the right direction and possibly invest money into a character.. dissuasion by an unneeded abuse of power. 

Report Post Tip

I appreciate the project you did and what not. 

However, I was disdained at the fact that you played it too hard. You are making it seem like all new players approach the game like you have in your experiment. In fact, you are in an organization that has many new players in it. And they are fucking doing awesome. They are asking questions, they are earning, they are contributing to this, all while you are spending your time playing this character of yours. It was FAR off what actual real players act like, and react to. 

Like I said, if I was a new player I'd take offense to what you tried to do just based off the fact that you think all new players react and play just like you did. I respected what you tried to uncover but you just didn't do it in any correct form that is plausible to what is actually going on.

Report Post Tip

Not at all. I was not a representation of a new player.. but a "what if" of one that may come.

Report Post Tip

It was ridiculously clear to anyone with eyes and a brain that "Jeff" was a troll. As was stated, he demonstrated knowledge no new player would have, let alone understand. His actions were clearly to irritate and provoke.

No one was fooled.

Report Post Tip

No JohnWayne, because a new player did not come on this game and act like you did, because you were not a new player. I did not treat you like a new character, because I actually check to see that kind of stuff before I decide on an appropriate punishment.

You were not a new player, and no power was abused. I knew that you knew better, so you were punished appropriately. Had you actually been a genuine new player, you would indeed have received a warning first. But again, you were not, so everything you're assuming is completely incorrect and you're trying to play the martyr yet failing miserably.

Report Post Tip
When all's been said and done...

He makes a fucken good profile picture. I loved the bloke.
Report Post Tip

Coming from the perspective of a relatively new player, which I am, I do have pretty major issues with this 'experiment'. From what I saw (not all of it I hasten to add), rather than coming from the perspective of a genuine new player, it was simply trying too hard to become a stereotype. There was plenty of nudging in the right direction going on, but none of that appeared to be taken on board and 'Jeff' carried on regardless. At the same time as your current account I noticed at least one completely new member, who approached it in a completely different way. In fact, I've hardly seen any bona fide new members in the time I've been here, in the mould of 'Jeff'.

I'm surprised that you're calling people out over it, and I'd consider it pretty disingenuous; as many others have said, it was patently clear from the outset that it was not a bona fide account. New players do tend to display at least some elements of learning, and while I wouldn't be surprised by things such as spamming on the streets at the beginning, to continue it way beyond was a dead giveaway.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I think all this project really demonstrates is that people do not respond positively to someone attempting to deceive them.

Hardly groundbreaking there work, John. 

Report Post Tip

I think all my previous response demonstrates is that I can't get my words in the right order.

form Bad, Clive. 

Report Post Tip

Not at all. I was not a representation of a new player.. but a "what if" of one that may come.

What if of one may come? You're asking what if a player like you "played" came to these shores? I just highly doubt anyone would ever come to these shores acting the way you did. Or showing the lack of intelligence you displayed. You didn't really ask to be helped. You did things that no one would ever do. As training and everything is a two way street, you didn't do anything to help out your experiment. You literally thought how you played this character was the way people were and played.

I think all this project really demonstrates is that people do not respond positively to someone attempting to deceive them.

Hardly groundbreaking there work, John. 

Clive just hit the nail on the head as well. I do believe the only reason you posted this was when I mailed you regarding your play.

Report Post Tip

I wasn't really around for project jeff, but ever reading what you've wrote here, you seem like a bit of a twat to me.

It's like you want to tear the world down, and basically just try to piss on whatever the community does. As it happens, I don't particularly care for this place atm, I'm in one of my more idle stints. However, I can still say that what you've done hasn't helped anything at all.

You've acted a twat, and have been surprised that you're being treated like a twat.

I just highly doubt anyone would ever come to these shores acting the way you did. Or showing the lack of intelligence you displayed.

I'd just say Grizzly to this. Definitely a lack of intelligence shown there!

Report Post Tip

There are some people who play that actually are on the left end of the cognitive bell curve.

They continue to play and enjoy themselves.

Some people are assholes to them.

Others are not.

That's kind of true for everyone.

Are you saying you were trying to mime the experience of someone like them? Because if that was your intent I'd say the experiment itself was a mockery of them. Which is pretty sucky.

Report Post Tip

TROLL

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Conclusion of "Project Jeff"
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL