Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 07:00:15
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Billy Comes Alive Started by: LilyAldrin on Apr 09, '14 00:57

The city was full of life and mystery. Something about it just draws you in right before you’re swallowed whole by the life of the underground society. Tapping my fingers on my glass to the rythem of the music played by the jazz band, I continue to ponder the thought and remember the earlier days of Detroit when it was in all but ruins. Gangsters were running amuck just to earn a dollar with no place to call home, no one to call family, and no role model to show them the way to prosperity in the life of crime. That was until Billy stepped up to gave us a home and a reason to want to continue down this path most of us had already chosen.

Looking down at my watch it was a quarter past 9PM which meant Billy was already late. As antsy as I was I couldn't be upset, after all this whole party was in honor of his big day. Impatiently I finish my drink and call over the waitress to order another. As shes bringing back my drink I look over and see several stragglers filing through the door into the jazz club. I glance back down at my watch and its 9:20PM. Where is Billy? Just as the thought had finished in my head he stumbles through the door with a girl on each arm, a lit cigar in hand, and an ear to ear grin. I pushed back my chair and rose from my table to meet Billy and directed the two ladies to a booth in the corner of the room. I gather up Billy in a friendly embrace and make our way to the stage the band had been playing. Billy’s face appears into the bright circle of light center stage glowing with excitement and anticipation. Before any words were spoken, most of the crowd was already on their feet in applause. I turn to the singer of the band who was waiting behind us to continue playing and ask him to borrow is mic tapping it to test if it was on.

“Hello. Hello, testing. Alrighty guys and gals settle down here. Now as most of you know today is a great day for Detroit. Our very own Billy has reached the honorable, high point of Godfather. Today is without a doubt all about him.” Looking around the room she sees several families of Detroit as well as other people from throughout the community.” I'm sure most of us can agree here, if it weren't for this guy we’d either be 6’ under, in a cell, or just plain lost and broke.”

I wave over the the young waitress in the corner to begin passing out drinks to everyone. She finishes her rounds around the room and gives myself and Billy our drinks to cheers with the crowd. “Now if everyone could please raise their drinks in a toast please. Billy you have accomplished so much in such a short time. A lot of us can only dream of achieving what you have here in Detroit. I'm very proud to call my boss and Godfather. Here's to you hun, may it be the most memorable of times. To Billy, Detroit's newest Godfather.”

Report Post Tip

Listening to Lily speak, Avery raises her glass to honor Detroit's newest Godfather.

Congrats Billy, looking forward to the bright future we will have here in Corktown.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Billy!

Report Post Tip

Capitalist walks over to Billy shakes his hand and says

"Congratulations sir, this has been a long time coming and marks a magnificent day for Detroit!" 

Report Post Tip

Sneaker shows up to the ceremony fashionable late. She had been busy working on something just for Billy. She was astonished when she was informed Billy had actually come to life! For only a moment there was dead silence.

Sneaker regained her composure and went to her new Godfather. She was still slightly stunned when she began to speak.

Congratulations Godfather Billy. You have earned this! This is a grand day indeed! she said to him enthusiastically. You remember that project you have been hounding me to do? Well, I completed it today, just for you. Let this be my gift to you. Sneaker pointed off into the horizon where the outline of something was barely visible. My tribute to you and yours.

Sneakerland Amusement & Water Park

This will get you in the gates free of charge any time! she said handing him a solid gold VIP pass. May you live long and Prosper Billy!

Report Post Tip

My man, I am happy to see you get this title. Long overdue mate congrats!

Report Post Tip

Congrats Billy you earned it!

Report Post Tip

Bud inhales his cigar then quickly exhales. He sees Billy in crowd and walks over to him.

Billy, Its been a great honor working for you. From the beginning in the Suburbs to now, Godfather of Corktown. Its a pleasure to be here and always will be man.

Bud raises his glass

To Corktown.. To Detroit.. To the future of our Organizations!

Report Post Tip

Many congratulations my friend, you thoroughly deserve this honour.

I cannot wait to see what the future holds for Corktown, but I'm delighted and proud to see the work that you've put down and how far it has come.
Here's to the future!

*Raises his glass*

Zazdarovie brat.

Report Post Tip

Peezy sits in the back observing the crowd. It was a proud moment for Corktown to see a more than capable God Father rise. He raises his glass for each toast that's announced with a slight smile on his face.

Report Post Tip
*Delicia smiles sweetly at Billy. She walks up to him and gives him a kiss on the cheek. Whispering in his ear, she watches as he blushes. *

Congratulations lovey. You have been amazing to work with, and I look forward to serving under you in Detroit. Thanks for being a wonderful crewleader, loyal friend, and now an outstanding Godfather. You have my lifetime dedication and friendship, Godfather Billy.
Report Post Tip

Congrats billy

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Billy!! It was an honor to serve a fine leader.

Report Post Tip

The day has finally arrived and it fills me with nothing but joy and admiration.

Congratulations my friend, I will always appreciate the way you took me in after my former family became dust in the wind.

Forever Loyal,

..Sam..

Report Post Tip

Bonnie lights a cigar and hands her Godfather his shot of Vodka

Congrats Sir !!!!!    I just wanted to say it's about time.

You have long deserved,this proposition for a long time in the coming. I know you will be the BEST Godfather yet, and I have high hopes for you to go far in this thing of ours. Best of wishes to you Sir,  I know you will do well for our District in Detroit.

Report Post Tip

As Visi joins the crowd to celebrate this wonderful event. 

Damn man fucking Congrats, we have spent alot of time talking about this move for months now. Finally it has come. I have to say this is very well deserved. You have spent countless hours working hard for this day and it has showed up on our door step. 

Now look man Godfather Billy. This is truly something I was looking forward to for a long time a milestone in your career. I am pleased to work under a great leader and most of all a great friend. Person I can trust. Billy keep showing them you shine man. 

Lets continue this story for many days to come. We write the chapters in our book. 

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Billy!!..so proud to see you reign as Godfather..so much hardwork and dedication you had done to get this far..you are a great leader Billy, Detroit is in excellent hands...Cheers to you and all the great citizens of Detroit

<font color="#000000">@-->-  -Kara-</font>

Report Post Tip

Well done, Billy! This is a momentous occasion!  I know that you and Peezy will do well in managing organized crime in Corktown.

Please, on behalf of Manhattan, please enjoy this gift. A cake made by the finest bakers in Manhattan!

Jeddy, beckoning to two men, wheel in a trolley and unbox a large cake in front of the cheery Godfather Billy.

Report Post Tip

Congrats Billy.  Looks like Detroit has a big future with new life once again!

Report Post Tip

Skip can be seen to be doing what appears as some new kind of dance involving skipping of course. Skip almost like he might be jazzed up on some sort of stimulant seems to not be able to contain himself. When he has finally reached an area close enough to Billy though the crowd Skip holds up his glass of something handed to him and toasts Billy

"Congrats man. I may not have been with you at the very start but I know ever since I joined with you I have actually started becoming a productive member of society again. I am not sure if my ancestors will continue hanging around these shores after I die but thank you for at least making this lifetime memorable. We dont even see eye to eye on every detail but you still make my life fun interesting here. Thank you and lets hope you have a godfather run so great they will be talking about it for years to come."

With his toast end, Skip raises his glass and downs it before coughing profusely. 

"What is this moonshine?"

Skip asks questioningly before sniffing the glass and feeling his nose hair curl. Skip shakes his head before saying,

"You always loved a drunken party"

Skip then tips his customary fedora (you know the one his mother gave him) to billy before heading off to another party of Billy's newly appointed captain.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Billy Comes Alive
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL