Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 04:10:18
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Road to Paradise! Started by: JohnnyNoname on May 16, '14 07:06

JohnnyNoname walks before the City Hall in Queens, New York. He had a cigar in his mouth as he went down a couple steps and cut the end off his smoke. After lighting the cigar, Johnny took a few puffs and crossed his hands as he approached the crowd of people before him.

"Good evening everyone. Today I come to you with good news about the latest expansion within the city limits of Las Vegas. The competition, or even experiment if you want to call it that, will take place in Paradise! A little ironic is it not? The participants who enter will all having a chance of taking Paradise for themselves and a district to call home. So lets get to it and I'll explain exactly how the Road to Paradise will be handled."

Smoke rose in the air as Johnny took another toke from his cigar, preparing himself to go into more detail.

"The competition will begin 12 days from now. That will be the time limit for anyone that would like to have their next of kin reach Made Man and be eligible for the competition in Paradise. Who all may join? Anyone. You can be a current crewleader. You can be a current and respectable hand for your family. You can be just an ordinary member with dreams set on doing so much more. Only thing required from you is that you have permission from your current crewleader or Godfather, who will send out a message about your arrival. After the 12 days, we will be taking the first come and first serve of a group of five. Once we reach five crews in Paradise, there won't be any more crews allowed to set up within the district. It locks in at that number.

Once the 12 days are over, or if we get five crews set up in the district before that, there will be a 30 day grace period. If anyone within the district displeases any of the Godfathers within those thirty days, they could see their way out of the Road to Paradise. There should be no bloodshed during the 30 days between the five other crews within the district. If so, they will be removed by outside sources.... Perhaps the Illuminati for instance?

After the 30 day peace period, competitors will be able to work out how to get to Godfather from there. They can work together or cause bloodshed to get their claim, anything goes within the district. Although we would like to see the others work together, we know that this is a competition that should find it's own way after the 30 days. Consider that the road you might take to reaching Paradise.

So what are the limitations and restrictions? Exactly what I've said, and that's it. We won't limit you on bodyguards, forts, members, or anything of that sort. You will be able to build as you please, and in peace for a month. After that, it's up to you guys to find your own way. Only thing that we ask is that you get authorization from your crewleader before you go and set up your own headquarters within the district."

Johnny looks around the crowd at the faces and gives them all a slight nod with his hat.

"That is all. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them either here or with me privately. Things will kick off 12 days from now or when we get five people ready to walk the road. Good luck to all those involved and please remember the rules that you must obey by!"

Report Post Tip

Replay listens to Johnny quietly, and contemplates the possibilities.

This is quite intriguing. I will have to consider this deeply ;)

Report Post Tip

Sounds very good, I like this! A nice change of things from the contests in the past. Plenty of time to build, then no holds barred, I love it!

Report Post Tip

Mako stands his place in the back and walks forward, giving JohnnyNoname a pat on the back while he spoke.

"I'm glad to already hear that two people are interested in this chance. Normally I'm not a fan of this sort of thing, but this one has far simple and more limitations that make me feel more comfortable with it. Glad to see some people who want the chance step up! Time given to you to build and then a time to make decisions for your yourself. Will be interesting to see exactly how the work together. I dig it."

He looks eagerly around the crowd to see if more people would be interested in carving their own road to Paradise.

Report Post Tip

Siobhan was stepping out of a store when she heard Godfather JohnnyNoname's voice ringing through the street. Threading her way through the throng of people, she made it to the front of the crowd. She nodded in agreement with several points throughout his speech.

This will be a very interesting and possibly mildly amusing experiment. I can't wait to see the outcome of this one!

Report Post Tip

JohnnyNoname gets into his cab, driving from his headquarters back down to City Hall. He had an announcement to make and he definitely wanted it to be heard by the masses.

"Ladies and gentleman, gather around, gather around! As you can see, I am standing here with 'Replay'."

"I would just like everyone to know that Replay has stepped up to the plate, and he will be going to Paradise to help build the city to the glory we know it can see. If everyone would give your best regards to Replay, and I would like to personally wish you goodluck on your adventure." 

Johnny gets back into his cab and heads back to his headquarters awaiting more notifications. 

Report Post Tip

Jeddy, still sitting on the bench outside City Hall, sees JohnnyNoname return with a dapper young man being shown to the masses. Hearing JohnnyNoname announce Replay to be the first one to move to Paradise, Jeddy jumps up in elation. Jeddy approaches Replay and shakes his hand vigorously,

"Congratulations, friend! I know you will do well in Paradise. May the odds forever be in your favor!"

After shaking hands with Replay, Jeddy returns to his spot on the bench, eagerly awaiting for more news on this momentous occasion.

Report Post Tip

Replay steps up in front of the crowd. He examines them all, smiling as he sees them looking at them. He thinks to himself how he only hopes that he can give his best and make those around him proud.

I appreciate the opportunity I have been given here today. Hopefully, I will have the support of many and be a successful CL. I would like to thank Johnny, Jeddy, and the other godfathers for this chance, as well as Starscream. Without his go ahead, I wouldn't be here. Thank you all for coming.

With that, Replay walked through the crowd and shook a few hands. He then made his way back to his humble abode.

Report Post Tip

Gimli is listening very interested in the new project in Las Vegas. 

"A experiment with no blood shed for 30 days, this is really interesting I look forward to watching it and do wish all future Crew leaders in Paradise the best. "

Report Post Tip

I really really like this.

Report Post Tip

A chance to let politics and not just money/fire power dictate the direction and longevity of a Crew Leaders fate. I look forward to seeing this one pan out and I'm excited by the interest already shown in it too. 

Report Post Tip

Las Angelinas will be setting up.

Report Post Tip

I won't lie my blood line have never been a general fan of such contests, and although they give a taste of power to some, i worry down the line, the pressure on new leaders in such circumstances can offer extra pressures and challenges.  I hope the grace period for non violence works as we all know how difficult mixing people together who haven't worked together can be.

Nevertheless, i wish anyone taking this opportunity the best of luck.

Report Post Tip

Also will we see any form of rainbow fund down the line for Paradise?

Report Post Tip

Johnny runs from his headquarters back to City Hall, snapping his fingers ordering his good friend Jobo to fetch his throne.

Sitting down at the throne, and then standing back up quickly because he had a question to answer.

"Lizzie, I'm fairly sure Paradise will remain a tax free district, as it seems it will be mostly newer people wanting to go and make a name for themselves. I don't feel that taxing these people as they are trying to recruit and gain forts and members is very good for their economy, especially since we want them to flourish as much as possible within the 30 days."

"On that note, rules are always subject to change, but I don't see a rainbow tax or a GOAT tax being placed on Paradise anytime soon." 

Reaching into his pocket pulling out another cigar, Johnny grabs a match and strikes it. Turning around to take a seat at his throne! 

Report Post Tip

An answer i had hoped for, thank you for your swift response.

Noticing a bulging pocket, she quickly escapes for a few bucks for a new hair do as well as habs tickets.

Report Post Tip

An interesting concept.  I will say after reading my Father's journals, it seems a similar idea from what happened in New York not too long ago.  I will say it seemed that the competition itself was not that good and all crewleaders, I believe, died from that experience.  However, look at the wealth and prosperity forcing people into New York has done.

I truly hope this brightens LV and makes it a more hospitable home.

Report Post Tip

BadNewsBarrett's car pulls up on the sidewalk where JohnnyNoName had spoken. Climbing out, he approached the nearest metal shuttered door and banged on it three times.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,

He shouted in his booming British voice,

CAN I HAVE SOME DECORUM PLEASE?

As those who were stood around turned his way, he spoke again.

I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME GOOD NEWS.

Several people in the crowd blinked. Indeed, one woman may have actually fainted. BadNewsBarrett chucked heartily.

Well well well. I don't think anybody was quiet expecting that!

It's no secret that my line has never really been a huge fan of contests. In fact, the life of one of my ancestors, a crew leader in Chicago at the time, was put under threat because she publicly picked apart the premise of the New York contests we saw earlier this year. Quite ruthlessly.

But this one... I like. Genuinely. I think it's as organic as a competition possibly can be. Any more so and it becomes a free for all, any less so and it starts getting narrow and limited. 

As long as the Godfather Council are willing to give those who take them up on this opportunity a fair shake of the dice (see what I did there? Vegas, dice? No?), I think that this contest will actually be pretty healthy for our world. 

For what it's worth, nice job guys.

Report Post Tip

Johnny had been been in his office for the last several hours working on trying to finalize the contestants for Paradise. He had finally got in contact with the last contestant and everything was coming together nicely. It looked as if Paradise might be having a promising future after all. Finishing up the last of the paperwork, he walked outside and got into his cab making his way down to City Hall.

Arriving at the old building, Johnny stepped out and walked towards the steps walking over to his throne he took a seat for a few minutes.

Standing up, he reached into his pockets looking for his speech, but to no avail. He had forgotten to write one. 

"Gather around people, I have the latest news on the five people who will be going to Paradise. These five will hopefully build this district up to be a great one, and I am looking forward to seeing them give it a go for sure."

"I'm sure you're all just dying to know who it is, so I will just tell you."

Johnny nodded his head at one of his bodyguards, waiting on him to give the drumroll. 

Chekov, Replay, Sydney, Heidnik, and Kittyhawk will all be going to Paradise. They will be heading out May 28th, at whatever time they choose to set up during that day. Each person will write and present a thread before moving themselves to Paradise. If anyone has anymore questions about this feel free to ask here, or get in touch with me via Bruce.

Johnny nodded his head at Bruce the Bodyguard and stepped down from his throne and got into the cab. 

Report Post Tip

This doesn't have to turn into a bloodshed and hopefully these 5 realize that. Good luck guys :D

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Road to Paradise!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL