Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 02:41:41
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
INPUT NEEDED: Soooo new server time! Started by: Squishy on May 21, '14 19:46

We will be doing a dry run of our new servers in the office before we trek them down to the data center.  Our goal is to test every aspect of it (basically, trying every single feature in the game) so that there are no surprises when we go live with it at the data center.

Sooo the goal is to get people to use the server for a day, every little aspect (from uploading a profile picture, to doing an OC to jail breaking) and so on...  so we are trying to think of a way to entice people do it.

We are thinking a double XP day or something?  All work done on the test servers will get its XP copied over 2x to the existing server.

So every petty is worth 2x, every IA kill is worth 2x.

Just so guns cant be "checked", shooting of actual people who are not IA will be turned off.

Sooo without adding in a boatload of code, any alternative ideas than Double XP Day or something?

Im all ears!

Report Post Tip

Double XP weekend? :P

Report Post Tip

I agree with the double xp weekend.

Report Post Tip

I agree with the weekend - but only 1 day should count? i.e. I do a ton of work on Saturday, but not much Sunday meaning I get double XP for the Saturday only?

That way people are going to be making the most of it on the day they can and ensuring that you are getting the results you want. If that makes sense? Plus gives most people a chance to have a go incase they aren't available on the chosen day.

The idea of double Xp itself though seems good.

Will there be anything extra required to do this, like is there another link to use the other servers or would people simply log in as normal and the new servers would be in use for us?

Report Post Tip
A mock war?

Back up the servers the day before. Have the user base play a mock war and then revert back to the back up once servers are re-located.

As far as I remember damn near every aspect or feature of this game is used I'm war time plus it's a lot of fun.
How would that work?
Report Post Tip
In war time *
Report Post Tip

"A mock war?"

A vday'ish type scenario was my first though, but during vday how many OC's get run, how many MIAs get shot, how many profile pictures get  uploaded? I think a "general normal day" would touch the most features of the game.

And as far as using it, both games would be active, one under the normal mr domain, and one under a test one only live for that particular time period.

Report Post Tip
I was thinking actual war rather than vday style. Ocs are great way to get locals and extra cash when desperate in war. I can't imagine mias being spawned though to be fair.
Report Post Tip

A double XP day sounds great. :-)

A war / another vday would be interesting, but it would clear the server out fairly quickly wouldn't it?

Report Post Tip

A legit mock war would be awesome. 

Report Post Tip

I call desmand first wave. Dan will be my proer.

Report Post Tip

Dan will be everyones proer.

Report Post Tip

Thanks for offering to be my pro'er Goku. 

Report Post Tip

I can't believe I actually agree with Jono.

Report Post Tip

When that happens Chris, you just don't say it out loud.

Report Post Tip

War day! WAR DAY! WAR DAY!

Pls join chant,kthx.

Report Post Tip
Clearly prime time for a reset. Everything starts new !
Report Post Tip

I don't see how a mock war would test much.

A mock up of Vday would be better if it was genuinely wanted to test server capacity, but a mock war means a lot of people will be out of the running within the first 5 minutes. Also, plenty of us turn our oc invites off to STOP people getting our location from ocs. 

I get that it'd be fun but with how wars go, I can't see much being tested by this. I'm assuming since our normal accounts would remain untouched, we wouldn't even be signing back up after our last accounts died? And if we were, what incentive is there to work on them when they'll be gone and it's business as usual by the end of the day? So it isn't even like that aspect would be used.

I think probably the double XP weekend would be the best way to get an all around test. Call for a mock war seems to just be the userbase admitting we'd like a war, but don't see one coming any time soon, so we'll ask for a fake one.

Report Post Tip

to me all a mock war does it give people a clue what they can hit, who have been holding it back for a while now.  We all know it also means for many who are a) not hitters, b)  dead quick;  limited motivations for such an event.   As much as a large durden spawn may push the wack strain on the server, plus mean anyone could hit and leave people continueing their day to day business as usual picking up profits of oc's, mia's before and after etc.

Report Post Tip

Well. Why not just reduce timers? Say.. 1/10th of the wait? Maybe 6 minute WACK! timers.. 5 second petty.. 30 second felony.. 2 second Jails? I'm sure that'd test the server pretty well.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: INPUT NEEDED: Soooo new server time!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL