Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 05:28:10
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Just another Day Started by: Nyx on Jun 04, '14 18:20

Nyx walked the street slowly, past week has been a blur. A war happened, many of her friends was lost. It saddened her but knew it had to happen. She has only been in this world a few months and still knew so very little. A sigh escaped her lips, a tear seemed to slip down her flushed cheek. She had come to love to many these past few months, made some damn good friends. Ones she wouldn't trade for the world. She kept walking the street, it was lonely, no by standers, no one walking, as if everyone had just up and disappeared. It was eery down this street, things seemed different after the heat of the war simmered down a bit. New hope seemed to shine upon the horizon, what that hope was, she couldn't tell.

Nyx leaned against the wall at the corner and waited to see if life would emerge once agian, hopefull to see some old and familiar faces. And She sent a prayer to all those that was lost, and had hoped she would soon seen their relatives soon..

Report Post Tip

Tamo, being relatively new, hadn't met that many people. He saw a face he had never seen before.

"Excuse me lady, but I can't help but notice... you look like a ghost."

"You've lost someone haven't you? You look like you've been on the streets for a lot longer than I have... You've lost many people haven't you?"

"Sorry to ask so many questions... I don't mean to pry. Are you waiting for anyone in particular? Do you mind if I wait here with you?"

Tamo smiles a little lopsidedly, hoping for an answer from the seemingly unresponsive Nyx.

"Miss?...."

Report Post Tip

Nyx looked Tamo and shrugged slightly. A million and one questions flew outta His mouth. Yet She smiled and scooted over a bit to offer him a piece of her leaning post. with a sigh and a gentle smile she looked at Him. "aye you can wait here, and no Im not looking for anyone particular" She glanced at him as he leaned against the wall, he looked new, acted new, hell he even smelt new. Nyx crossed arms over chest and proceeded to ask him. "so have any relatives within this MR world, or are you completely new?" she let the question hang there for a moment before asking another. "And do you normally walk up on strangers you don't know?." with that she pulled a smoke out and lit it up, loving the feel of the nicotine rushing through her veins, blowing out a smooth stream of smoke, she went back to being silent, now with a new companion, whom she didn't know or if she should trust...

Report Post Tip

I found myself walking on an empty street, unsure where everyone is. It would be nice to see someone. Not a soul in sight, to pickpocket to say hello to, nada. Hmmm.. I wondered if this is what war does to people.I proceeded to look at my watch, and realized I had forgotten it. I would have thought there would be businesses open, something, people have shit to do, right?

Even though the weather is warm here, I pulled the collar of my jacket around me, as there was a slight chill in the air, all the same. I kept my eyes peeled for any activity at all. Then I saw what I thought was a man ahead of me, talking to a woman. I could not see the woman, as the man was standing in front of her, looking like he was speaking to her, unsure if he knew her or not , or was bumming a cigarette.

As I was getting closer, the man was still unfamiliar, but the woman, a smile formed over my light pink lips... for it was Nyx. Giggling a lil bit, as  I always seem to find her. I did not want to cut in, so I stood next to the man, trying to figure out what he was doing, knowing full well, Nyx could take care of herself, if she needed to. I said hello to the man, as he was still unfamiliar to me, and surely had not seen him around before.

Report Post Tip

Nyx smiled past Tamo, Ah lookie there, the brat Sere herself. With a huge grin, She pushed from the wall to embrace Sere ever so tightly, thankfull to see her, yet dipping hands in her pockets before stepping back. "Well hello lil miss stranger, where the hell have you been?" ?With that Nyx grabbed and tugged Sere over to lean against the wall. first introducing Her to Tamo. "Sere, this is Tamo, hes new around here." Nyx smiled at Tamo and said to him, "and this is Sere, she is very dear and precious to Me, a brat to say the least, but a very loveable brat!" She smiled at them both before taking Her place back upon the wall. "So, Sere, what brings you here? and how the hell have You been?"

Report Post Tip

Tepid was out and about chasing around some Thug that had picked his pocket, he was furious, no one picked his pocket, he wanted to chase down and mug the intruder... But they had gone, lost, no where to be seen. He only ran two blocks after him, he wasn't as young as he was once so the stamina was slowly decreasing, his legs just couldn't take it no more. Placing both hands on top of his head in order to calm his breathing, he notices a small rough looking group all standing round a post, chatting between themselves. 'Might as well try my luck', a quick thought to himself. Tepid approaches them and questions them.

"Did you catch a chap running by? Black hat with a red feather?" The group shakes their heads. "Bastard took me cash, just stamped out my smoke, ran past and snatched it out my pocket... When I get hold of him, I'm telling ya, sledgehammer, rope and a chair... Boy is he gunna get it."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Truly engrossed in their chatting, neither of them noitced a slightly winded new comer approach. After answering His question, Nyx pulled out a bottle of water and tossed it at Him and smiled. "Damn the luck of being Pp'ed, lord knows it fucking sucks after all Your hard work in getting it" She smiled at Him once more and stepped back to lean against the wall. So there was life still out here in these streets, She thought to Herself. Got a nice crowd going on, hmmm she wondered if they would all be up for a quick OC. Never hurts to have extra cash in Your pocket..

Report Post Tip

Tepid catches the bottle of water thrown towards him, but only just, he wasn't expecting it with his hands on his hand, quick reflexes are good when your in the sort of work your in... But that's all hush hush. Unscrewing the lid and drinking half the bottle already, he thinks it won't cause much harm to stay a bit longer and have a chat... What could possibly go wrong?

"If I didn't know any better, I would have said you lot are up to mischief... So what you got planned then eh? I like mischief."

Tepid ponders to himself, he can remember lots of times when he was up to no good... Funnily enough most of them involved prostitutes, but this wasn't the place to talk about things like that. Just a chat from time to time broke up his daily routine, providing no one did the dirty on him or the feds got involved.

Report Post Tip

Nyx chuckled at Tep's question. "Well I'm also looking for mischief or trouble" She grinned at Him while watching He drink the water quickly. So it would seem things wasn't as dead around here as she thought. she lit up another smoke, and inhaled deeply. Looking around at the 3 and pondered what kind of trouble they could cause. She was pretty low on cash, and needed to make some quick. The thought of robbing or pickpocketing someone did sound appealing. She turned and smiled at Tep. "Well I'm sure we all could come up with some type of trouble". Nyx looked at all 3 of them and waited for each to reply back..

Report Post Tip

I squirm a lil, as she pulls me into an embrace and, magically her hands wind up in my pockets.... laughing, and thinking, she never changes. I nod to the man, she introduced me to, smiling at her. Hmm what am I up to she asked....fucking not a damn thing, no one seems to be out here.

I ran and participated in a few OCs yesterday, seems hard to find people, and mine failed too. I am however, about due for another one... Hmmm...surely, the three of us could figure something out. I pull out a coke from the inside pocket, and crack it open and chug it quickly, cause damnit, I am thirsty! Shit, never anywhere to toss the bottles, so I stick back in my pocket to throw away later... yeah I know, a mobster who doesn't like to litter.

Looking to the man, what's your name again? and where are you from? Waiting for his reply, I turn to Nyx...telling her, "I always gotta return home, for a bit, at least." I usually wind up bringing something back from where I was, for the crew, and since there are only 10, it works out well.

I haven't been here long, but the place seems okay, I am still getting to know the area still, and been thinking about opening up a business, but not really sure yet. Looking at Nyx, "I hope yours, business that is, is going well. I know I enjoyed myself when I was there."

Coughing a bit, almost choking, then saying, "Shit, what is today, a fucking holiday, where are all these people?"

Report Post Tip

Shrugging his shoulders, Tamo thought before speaking, a trait recently picked up upon arriving on the shores of America.

You're right. I've walked down here a couple of times at least, there are usually at least a triple dozen people who are clearly mobsters around. Maybe the war scared everyone off? Tensions still high?

Tamo smirks and grins

Then again, I heard that the Auburn Cabriolet is really hitting off this summer. Prices are getting cheaper and everyone wants a topless car!

Report Post Tip

Nyx stood back, watching all that had come around. She smiled at each of them, hugging Sere before turning to slip back down the street. Not wishing for company at the time, She had to much on her mind. Night was approaching quickly, and oh how she loved the darkness. She remembered how she had over come her fear of darkness and smiled fondly. Hands stuffed in pockets as she continued down the road. Still she looked for something, something that was missing. Hopefully one day she would run across it again, til then, she just wanted to walk and be alone with her thoughts.

She turned and slipped down a dark alley, leaning against the wall, she silently listened to the sounds of the city as night reached and embraced it.

Report Post Tip

Hugged Nyx tightly, as  Nyx had said her farewells and walked on, to hopefully better things. Looking around, I noticed it getting darker, the sun setting was so pretty and then the stars later, if there were any.

Well, shit, I don't know what to do, I could go visit Rose and Thorns, Nyx's bar, yeah I will probably do that too, but that will be later. I start to see some people and decide to go for it and pick pocket and see what I can get, they seemed like they had money to spare... laughs.

Walking up to them, I run into them, and of course excusing myself while I reach into their pockets. The man has a nice Italian leather wallet, hmm nice. As I am walking off with it, giggling as they don't even know I have it... I look in it... a lot of fucking credit cards... where is the cash jackass? Fuck, this wallet is worthless, so I toss it somewhere, not really looking where. Well that was a damn waste of my time, though he smelled nice, I have to say....grins innocently.

Ah shit I probably have paperwork to catch up on or something. Maybe I will just head home for a bit and come out again, and maybe have better luck with people with the green paper, and not plastic. Laughs, you'd think people don't trust banks anymore.. giggles. Not looking where I was going, a car almost crashed into me, fucking idiot. Pulling my jacket tightly around my body, as it is getting kinda nippy out here, and head for home for a while.

Report Post Tip

Whilst the group chattered amongst themselves, Tepid's eyes were scanning the area in hope that this thief would soon return with what he stole, due to lack of concentration, he knew not what was being spoke to his side, his brain was more engaged with his money than anything else. What has the world come to? To lose such a small amount of cash by robbing, if the poor lad had asked, Tepid would probably have gave it to him, that's the sort of person he was, although it did depend... Depend on whether or not he'd had his wicked with with a prostitute up to that point.

Tepid had a real problem when it came to prostitutes, no matter what he did he could not seem to stay away from them, they were like magnets that pulled him in, attracting him to every corner he turned. There always seemed to be a prostitute nearby, whether it was luck or they had heard of his magnificent talents he was unsure of, then just all of a sudden, as a thought of prostitution came into his head... There he was... The thief!

Without even so much as a word, now having his breath back, he leaves the group and begins chasing his attacker down once more.Oh how he certainly needs a prostitute after this chase.

Report Post Tip

Trixie departs from the taxi and notices a bunch of hoods clustered around a light pole.  This cannot mean anything good she thinks to herself.  And yet, good is not her long suit so she pulls out a cigarette and lights up while contemplating what is in front of her.  On the one hand she could see if there are enough in the little mob to pull off a heist she has been considering, and on the other hand there could be undercover cops in there just waiting to snatch some less than fortunate mobster looking to make a dime for the day. 

Trixie slowly walks up to the little crowd.

Hi folks.  Looks like a meeting here.  I s anyone allowed to join in or is this private?  I sure would not want to intrude where I am not wanted.

One of the more colorful characters turns toward her and grins.  She hears a slight mention of a prostitute and a thief but it all blurs together.  Trixie has not heard of a pro working with a thief here in this city but anything is possible.  Those guys are pretty easy to rob once their pants are down around their ankles after all.  She thinks of the possibilities while casually standing just on the outskirts of the crowd.

Report Post Tip

Nyx chuckled as Tep wizzed on by "Get His ass!!!" She called after him as he chased the guy who stole from him. with a shake of head and a grin she made way back to Her original spot where some was still standing. She noticed an outsider and smiled, leaning against the light post. Sere already seemed to have left. So Nyx smiled at Trixie and nodded. "Its not private, all are welcomed here"

Nyx watched as Trixie made her way into the small crowd. Eyes roamed over her slowly, as if taking her in, trying to read her real purpose as to being here. Ah yes, Nyx thought, life still teamed around here. Nyx couldn't help but grin as she looked over each of them. Well it was only Nyx, Trixie and Tamo, hmm that is enough for a heist she thought. "Ya know, us three could possibly run a heist of sorts, if you all are willing?" Nyx let the question hang in the air as she waited..

Report Post Tip

Fuck! I forgot something, I think.. means I gotta go back. Heading back to where I had seen Nyx, and shit, what was his name, I seem to hear Nyx's voice again... thinking to myself, thought she had left. Giggling a lil bit as I come up to her, she is with another new person I haven't met before..Oooo more life.. laughs.

We both try and say "I thought you left" at the same time.. laughing... I said I thought I had forgotten something, it felt like I was missing something. Then realized, I am an idiot, I am not missing anything. Smiling at the new face, I introduce myself, as Sere, and please to meet her. I guess the paperwork can wait. I wonder what happened to the guy and figured he had something to do. I remembered him talking about a thief, was why he was in this area in the first place, maybe he saw them and went after them.

I listen as they talk about a heist... grinning wickedly, knowing I would want in on that, for sure. I do love working with Nyx, we have lots of fun, I think working together. I listen more to the plan, willing to do anything, knowing it would be way better than stupid paperwork, at least more fun, anyways. I get more and more excited, the adrenaline rushing through me, the more and more I hear whats going to go down.

Report Post Tip

Looks at Nyx and wonders is this the young lady that his dad told him of.

He told Troy that she was new yes, but a hard worker and quick learner. Troy watched her from across the street knowing she would never be short of friends around this world of crime.

Troy slides back into the darkness where he does his best work.

Report Post Tip

Tessa is enjoying a causal day after a day of stealing peoples wallets and what not's she sees a group of people all gathered around..She hesitates to weather or not to approach them or to go about her business and head to the bar and buy a few drinks til she notices Nyx..She remembered the name from the journals of her loved ones and one particular person especially,So she decides to walk up the group for a few mins and introduced herself til she notices an easy target to pick pocket....

"Should I stay or should I go"She mutters to herself such a waste to let a potential pick pocket victim get away...

Tempted she she shakes her head and introduced herself to nyx she knew how much of hard worker she was her grandfather Dominic_Santiago has worked with her before he taken to soon from this world and has spoken highly of her.....

" My grandfather has spoken highly of you I understand you worked along side with him..." 

As she pulls out a flask and drinks..

Report Post Tip

She was so emerged in the convo, she didnt ses a newcomer walk up. "now Sere, You distract them, while the rest of us go in for the grab". They was so buried in talked they missed the clearing of throat. But her attention was caught at the mention of Dom's name. Pulling away from the group she looked at Tessa, and seen the resemblance instantly. Nyx blinked and smiled, takes a step forward closer to Tessa.

"Your grandfather was a good man, one whom I respect and came to adore, Im honored to meet You, Tessa". Nyx stood there for a few, remembering back to when She first met Dom and smiled. "Yes, I fully agree he was taken to soon, but Im sure You will live up to His name." with that Nyx watched her take a swig from flask and reached out and hugged Tessa tightly. Welcoming her to the little group proudly..

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Just another Day
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL