Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 19:59:19
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Last Straw Started by: DeLush on Jun 30, '14 02:44

My time in MR started in 2003. In the years since, I really thought I had this place nailed down. Everything has a cycle, you know? Every community has it's characters- from the leaders to the weird folks that keep to themselves that no one really knows. I've had friends from both sides of the tracks. I've been in upper structures, and I've been a faceless soldier. There are people here that know me; not just my characters and bloodline. I've made friends here that I will have all my life. I've seen this community come together through celebrations and tragedies that reached down and touched every heart on a level that is as real as life gets. I really thought I'd seen it all- until I came back with a new family.

Before I continue, I'd like to take a moment to issue and open invitation to a few people who I know will have something (though likely not very intelligent) to say about the thoughts I'm going to express here. So, to the peanut gallery- you know who you are- just go ahead and stop reading right now and start preparing the eminent explosion of accusatory dribble that you usually pull out when ANY of us write a thread. Yes, my darlings, I'm one of them- KaylinnCG was my name when the dam broke. All that need be known to begin a torrent of red- faced bluster from a handful of malcontents is that I am one of Dalton's girls. Really, though, please do get ready to write- some of us may have forgotten those same, tired points you are going to make -again-. Meanwhile, I'd like to congratulate you on what you may consider your greatest achievement.

Five people are leaving MR. Five people, who are reputed as friendly, hard-working, active family members are leaving this game. From the moment we came in, together, we have been met with unprovoked slander from some of the fine citizens of the MR community. This is widely documented in a number of threads. Spanning at least three generations of our characters, these people have spent a considerable amount of time crafting loquacious propaganda against five players who profess nothing but to be a family- in the real world- and wish to play as such in the game. In the MR I used to know, pretty much everyone was welcome. I cannot, in the years that I've played, ever remember any one person or any group so accosted for their out-of-game lifestyles without provocation. Seriously; you think you know a guy.

I know what you're thinking. "Oh, ok, throw a fit and leave. That's really grown up of you." Let me stop you right there. The purpose of this thread is not some august declaration of our dissatisfaction with the game or the people. I am writing this thread because it has been spinning in my head for quite some time now, but I -as all of us- have tried very hard to keep our faces out of the mud despite being dragged through it. For three months, we kept silent and didn't "feed the trolls." We did and will continue to take a higher road than that. My purpose here is not to whine. I am writing this thread because I think some attention needs to be called to the fact that there are players about who are so debasing other players- in real-life situations- that it is causing people to leave. I ask you- where is the real problem?

Five people who live a different lifestyle, or a contingent of people who dedicate themselves to running "the weird ones" out of town? We came to MR operating as a family in the way we function as a family. Maybe it's not the way you function in yours, but that's your business, not ours. Conversely, our choice of lifestyle is not your business and we do not choose to make it such. Still, within mere days of our coming to MR, someone took it upon herself to "infiltrate" our family then gather information which she would subsequently twist and use to slander us. She even went so far as to take a photo that was sent to her- in confidentiality- and post it in a public forum. Now, any reasonable person would say "well, you are the one that gave your picture to someone online- shit happens." In this, you would be correct, but again, what is the real problem here?

There are some of you out there who stood up and said, "you know what? This isn't right- these are good folks and I've got their backs." I think I can speak for my family when I give a sincere and heartfelt "thank you" to these people. There are others who, choosing not to associate themselves with us personally, still came out against these actions. Thank you, too. Perhaps there were some who saw the problem, but chose not to say anything at all. I understand that. In this place, it pays to keep your trap shut and stay alive; but if you are choosing to save your virtual ass by closing your eyes to a wrong that is as real as the nose on your face, I think we are starting to see the real problem.

I suppose the most disappointing factor in this whole snafu is that there is a group of people who had the power to stop it. One group of people who could have approached the issue with some real leverage and put an end to it. This situation was brought to their attention on more than one occasion, and absolutely fuckall was done about it. Maybe they didn't think it was worth dealing with. Maybe those committing the slander donated more money to the game than we did. Whatever the reason, it is perfectly clear that our situation wasn't deemed important enough to be handled by those in administrative positions. I had to watch as girls in my family were forced into sexually explicit role play situations- without their permission- and NOTHING was done about it. It happened more than once, and the offender has gotten away scott-free every time. Given that, the game is losing five players. This will not hurt anyone at all. However, the loss of referrals that could have been made by those five people might sting a bit more.

If this is what MR has become, I think I'll just leave you to it.

Report Post Tip

I had to watch as girls in my family were forced into sexually explicit role play situations- without their permission- and NOTHING was done.

That is the lolziest thing ever because nobody can force you to do anything on the internet , real life. Sexual role play or any interaction is ones choice unless they literally were with you in person and took your hands and type the role play out for you?

Report Post Tip

You know why I don't like Dalton? It's because he was a dick. He talked down to people and acted as though he was better. I honestly could give two shits about your personal life but when someone is an asshole, you better expect me to call them out on it. Sure, it's always sad to lose members, but we will persevere. I had been one who defended some of you before but the person who you are with is only interested in himself, maybe thats what it's all about, don't ask me I don't get it at all, but there are a lot more people in this community than just a small group who consider themselves a family.

Good luck in the real world, always sad to see people go.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

To be honest, I thought the whole CG girl thing was a thing of the past. It was never that important to me, but honestly, it was a funny concept.... But it was obviously a target of pulp writers, wanting to create drama... an easy target... low hanging fruit... It was very easy to make into a popular topic. Sex! BDSM and stuff! SEX! Hell, that's the whole reason that stupid 50 Shades book is popular... People get excited easily... Anyway... 

What's the point of this post? To set the record? Seems you're only going to bring scrutiny... which'll create more questions or things you're going to want to rebuttal. You use the quote "Don't feed the trolls," and you just did. 

Leaving silently, and without a word, would've actually had a more effective message. If you're leaving that is... but that's not something I really care about... Though we know, if you've been coming here this long, odds are you're not going. But this post opens you up to "responding" to people... maybe even people who had targeted you previously... Not really sure where the win is for you... or the catharsis. 

Your time here, collectively, was I suppose, unpleasant to say the least. Why is that? Tons of reasons... Is it your fault? Not exactly... Really no... depends on point of view. You aren't bad people. I know that... Most people I think know that. I don't think it's really about the girls... But that's a matter of opinion. Some people forget about others' "humanity" and simply take joy in hurting others, because of the deep hurt they're feeling inside on their own. Desperate need for emotional vampirism... Pity them. etc. 

So, I'm sorry things didn't work out on that front, but such is the way things roll here... If you're an old player, you should be used to abuse by now. I don't think anything has changed really. I can't recall a time when a group of girls crowded around one guy... But honestly, I can't think of people flaunting their "out-of-game lifestyles" as much as you did (as a group) to be fair. Not that there's anything wrong with that... but this is a VERY CONSERVATIVE PLACE!!! ...

I mean, I can recall this one time there were some girls that got referred to as XXXX-Hoes... and I'm pretty sure they were in some sort of BDSM relationship with some dude, but I think they only got a little IRC abuse. Definitely not in the streets, but totally soiled some reputations... ANYWAYYY

As for your other complaint, I can't comment, having not seen it so... yeah.

But if you're actually going, good luck on your journeys. 

Report Post Tip

I thought what one did in real life, was their business. Unless of course they chose to make it everyone's business. I was just here to play the game. This was my first game like this. But as Delush said, if this is how it is, you guys can have it!

Report Post Tip

Didn't you kinda flaunt what you did outside of here? I mean... the profiles...

Report Post Tip

I am confused. How were you girls forced to do sexual acts, and who with? Surely someone has the freedom to do what they want via text, especially when it comes to a nature such as what you are mentioning.

Report Post Tip

hello folks...this is the normally very quiet nyssa-CG....mhm please note the CG on the name...because no matter what name i will always be ...His and a part of His family. and i love that ...sorry to those whom don't understand that or get off on berating us because we are different than you are. i wonder...and always have...if it were a gay situation would there be as much hoopla? i mean would you take it upon yourselves to become judge and jury of what we choose to do with our private lives? i sincerely doubt it. as far as i know there have been NONE of us who have responded negatively or made any sort of personal attacks on any of our attackers....yes attackers is the name i choose to use. we have tried desperately to stay positive...to join in the threads and our crews with friendliness and fun....however....being beaten down time and time again...gets a bit old....let me just say this....we have not given up ..our family will still prosper...it is MR that has lost 5 devoted players...shrugs i know that means nothing to you all....but perhaps it might open some eyes which have been closed....at least i hope that it does....to my friends and family ..i will miss you....please have fun and stay safe!

and by the way PaulyD....if you would please go back to some of the threads and reread....yes...if a person's name has been involved in  the next post by someone who intervenes and writes shit that controls a sexual situation with those names....then yes! it is forced sexual intention....im sorry that sucks...what people choose to do together in privacy is their own thing....just sayin....go back and read and see if this were your loved one/ ones how would you feel that someone took those privileges?

Report Post Tip

Mate you make no sense but honestly if someone said YOU HAVE TO ROLEPLAY WITH ME OR ELSE you know what I'd say fuck right off and have a fantastic day you aren't forcing shit on me.

Bang problem solved

Report Post Tip

as you said ..."Bang problem solved"....no point in continuing the argument....gone is gone no matter how it happens ...have a good one

Report Post Tip

I will have a good one m8 :))

Report Post Tip

W/we are a family regardless of this game or not. PaulyD, that is your opinion. I was in some of those situations, and can say I did not appreciate that type of roleplay, and did not reply to such. I came to play and be with my family. I do not believe I forced any part of my choice of lifestyle on anyone. No one had to like how W/we chose to live our lives. I am sorry you guys didn't understand it, but that doesn't mean you have to attack it. Why can't you accept it for what  it is, different than yours, and that's all?

I love my F/family, and there is nothing anyone can say to change that. You have made choices and so have I. I tried to be active on the threads, and a good crew member, and just play the game.

Report Post Tip

Yeah there's the choice of the top right called ignore pretty simple 

Report Post Tip
I can't honestly say I know anything about these issues, or people harassing you. I believe we spent some time together in a family recently and we all got along just fine. Perhaps this occurred before then, or was happening and I didn't take head. That being said, if you felt you where being sexually harassed, or placed into uncomfortable situations, it is best to contact the game admins, Squishy or Enkindle.

No one should EVER be made to feel uncomfortable or harassed about his or her preferences outside of this world. On the flip side, I don't know all that occurred, or what occurred honestly, but I do know there are boundries that should never be crossed, and if they are, the Admins must step in and look at the situation.

That being said, I hope that you guys can continue to play the game. I don't need to say this, but we are a really small community that is slowly shrinking, we as the user base don't want to lose anyone else.

Kind Regards,
Vaelin
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I think (occasionally)  you have over estimated your families popularity, I find it hard to believe they're more then a handful of mafioso who are even slightly interested in your lifestyle choices.  

anyway, all the best to your RL family life. 

Report Post Tip
Whilst what you do in your own lifestyle is fine, bringing it on here is not IMO.

Do what you do, keep it to MM and IRC rooms or whatever. The whole world here doesn't really want to see it. All the "Daddy" talk in public, in front of new players who join a family is only bad for business and just inappropriate.

Had no problem with your group or your "Daddy", knowing him of old and his ways. However, keep it private, if no one is supposed to understand you or your ways then surely you don't want people reading about it all and commenting?

Always a shame to lose people, so good luck.
Report Post Tip

Sad to see you ladies go, truly.

I didn't know many of you well, occasionally my last account would mail Nyx about pickpockets, and then were was the nice Nyssa girl in Jeddy's district who Jeddy talked of very highly.

I don't approve of bullying at all. But what I also don't approve of is selfishness. Dalton had you ladies retire/suicide/transfer out whenever he wanted you to. I understand, he is your family.. But you must realize this; you are hurting a lot of people who gave you ladies chances.

What about Deces who lost her RHM? Starscream who lost a Don? Rorschach losing one of his most active members?

These people gave you ladies a lot of love, and a lot of chances. I saw that personally. They tried there best to help you and how was it repaid? "I am transferring or suiciding". Yeah.. :/

I have nothing against you ladies, nor the one they call Dalton, but this is a two way street. People may have hurt you for what you've done by being affiliated with the CG fellow, but you ladies have -certainly- nobbed over quite a few amazingly nice leaders who had nothing but time for you.

I wish you all the best.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip

I have to agree with you there Kyubey while bulling is something that i cannot stand or tolerate, Now i couldnt care less about how anybody wishes to live there life or what they want to do in there free time.

Hell if you want to dance naked around a campfire and sing praises to the mighty MR god Izzy by all means do so, But one thing you must always realise like Kyubey said its a two way street Simplicity came out and defended you girls even rewarded Serephina for how she conducted herself in Starfall but.......Because Daltons demons got the better of him Again and got himself shot you repay those that wish you the best and give you a chance by retireing ect kinda leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.

Now that said its sad that you feel you have to leave as i think no matter who you are or what you do in your spare time has nothing to do with anybody else and this game.

Though i wish you nothing but the best take care.

Report Post Tip

smiles a bit sadly ...

i don't believe we ever met Kyubey...or Visas...but i have heard lots of nice things about You Visas....please..i have one thing to ask the both of You....if You joined the game as a family but were somehow (the Wargasm War) separated...but eventually found a way to get Your family back together would You not do so? as i remember....i have told both Jeddy and Rorshach how much i appreciated their taking me in and being my crew family....i adored them both and my crew members...but it is a totally different situation...i would hope you could understand....

Report Post Tip

Hi there. I don't think we've met either :)

I do understand where you ladies are coming from, but in this game you are suppose to be loyal to your leader. Sere was a rhm.. You and nyx were Dons. The highest rank bestowed by your Godfather, one of the most trusted positions in this game, in my opinion, and then you guys just left.

I do understand completely about getting a family back together. But what of the selfishness of CG himself? I know it sounds like I'm bashing him, I do not know him at all though so don't think I am. He had you guys leave Princess, who despite constant warnings, sheltered you guys and you all were one happy family again.

On his command, like roman emperors, you all killed yourselves. Princess I'd assume is devestated. Losing a fifth of her family because CG/Dalton/Whatever didn't like who she trusted? Disappointing from my view and I don't even know Princess ingame.

I'm sorry you feel this way, miss. But as I said, this is a two way street. The community didn't bully you out, you found a way and here you are taking it.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The Last Straw
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL