Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:12:07
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A Philadelphia Movement Started by: TheTripleDeuce on Jul 10, '14 03:19

TheTripleDeuce takes a step out of the gunsmoke surrounding the city of Philadelphia, with a cigar in his mouth, looking back at the damage behind him. The eyes were on him, so he tipped his hat to the people and approached the crowd of people.

"Well ladies and gentlemen, it has been a long day of deception and inactivity here in Philadelphia, after learning that there was 2 districts conspiring behind my back to make a move and have South Philly be taken back in time of the stone age. It wasn't long ago that we were launched into a city meeting, were several conversations began to clash. As we tried to make our points, things got a bit more complicated as I received a mail afterwords from a RHM in OCD, then they escalated. After an exchange of heated words, it was clear that Bella Vista and OCD didn't want to be associated with myself... Being a Godfather, I didn't appreciate or approve some of the things that I was called, so I talked to my former leader, and now RHM, Bruiser, on his opinion as well. After discussing with my district, it was clear to us that a move had to me made, and it had to be me or them in the end.

After the end of a City meeting it became more apparent that South Philly was being looked at as (and I quote this) a 'pain in the ass to the rest of Philadelphia.'

So I wanted to show them how much of a pain in the ass I could be. However, when the meeting fell on deaf ears, Godfather Gimli failed to attend the city meeting, like he failed to attend any Godfather meeting... or if anyone else has noticed that the Godfather wasn't around often after gaining his desired position. Godfather Gimli wasn't around very much the last full week, and it didn't come as a surprise to me when he didn't attend this meeting either. If he wasn't there to keep in order the RHM, Batistta, the man was going to continue to do as he pleased.

To: TheTripleDeuce
Sent: Jul 09, '14 23:48
Subject:

Let's be honest here.

You're a coward. Unfortunately your wife has to side with you. You aren't capable of resolving problems without resorting to childish antics. You're a lousy Godfather and a terrible leader. You'll get nowhere, thinking and acting the way you do.

You're on your own agenda, really. You stated you didn't respect me and you wouldn't send me any reports. That's fine. That's why I wouldn't include you. It makes sense..because you wouldn't participate.

You're a bully and a jackass. To threaten to put me in line if Sophia didn't? A joke right? I'm not hiding or afraid of you. In fact. I think you're funny, clown-like.

No one likes you. Truth be told. You're a pain in everyone's back and are in the way of any progression. I'm not the only one thinking this way, so does the majority of those leading Philly.

I hope you come to realize your short comings. However, I doubt it seeing how dense and irrational your head is.

A district with inactivity for a Godfather, and a guy who was allowed to run his mouth as he wanted. I knew that if I had to removed Gimli and Batistta, the others had to go as well.

They retaliated during mid shot by taking out 2 of my own, and that's the price I had to pay for saving my district as a whole.

RIP to those who have fallen in this neccessary action against Old City District and Bella Vista."

TripleDeuce steps away and walks to the corner where a limo is waiting for him on the block. He steps in and closes the door behind him as the limo pulls away from the scene.

Report Post Tip

Well you guys got along splendidly if those coffee shop logs are anything to go by.

Anyways thanks for a speech.

I hope that although you talk of someones inactiveness that you will be on much more than they are. Good luck.

Report Post Tip

I'm not reading that fucking conversation. 

RIP

Report Post Tip

google yawns from waking up after arriving to the shores after his mother laugh died. He stands in the crowd among others listening on and reading the logs from within a coffee shop.

You know, people didn't need to die over this.....

google clears his throat a litttle bit after hearing the way he sounds

Such a sad day for a bunch of innocent family members from within the city of Philly died...

TheTripleDuece, you could have handle this in a better manner and obviously didn't and I'm sure you will run your mouth later. You got scared so you did what every scared person that holds a position of authority. I hope you are you crippled your own city and your time will come shortly after doing this massacre.

RiP to the fallen ones.

oh by the way TheTripleDuece, your time will be coming like those that have came before you.

google walks away going to find a spot on side of street to sleep soundly as bullet awaits him in seven days due to inactivity

Report Post Tip
My bloodline has never walked into these streets to cry about dying. Celeste thanks for posting the minutes from the city meeting my father attended. Nevertheless my father knew that that meeting did not start nor end as it should have. However taking out everyone was over kill. The non made members should have been given a chance to find a home. Many of them were new to this world and there bloodlines may not continue in this country.

I did not plot nor did my CL as people read the notes they will see that some members only wanted peace.
My father stated to me that this life we live does not come cheap. Watching him die as he was about to achieve his goals hurts but he is man enough to know and teach his son that life is truly short.

TTD My fathers CL never thought about moving against you. From the notes my father left she merely wanted to get a understanding of your reasoning on why things had to be one way, your way and when you started using profanity she became feed up and when nothing could be agreed on she left and so did a few other.

One day you shall pass away and your son shall grieve when that day comes I hope your son remembers the pain of those who lost love ones today. Should you laugh then my your son laugh at your passing. Should you feel anger make sure your son understand that what goes around comes full circle.
Report Post Tip

Alvin was anxiously waiting a reason for somebody selling out his city and begging the powers to be to help him remove a city that didn't actually belong to him and him alone. After chipping through the obituaries he shook his head and saw that an explanation was wrote up.

After reading the explanation he started clawing away at a piece of wood, once it was finished it read

"I might be a Chipmunk, but I am smarter than you."

Report Post Tip

Fat tony stands and listen to TheTripleDeuce speech

Fat Tony kneels to the ground saying 

"requiescat in pace to all the fallen"

Report Post Tip
You just set the entire city of Philly back into the stone age. I hope you realize that. As for the reasoning, I care not. Good luck turning things around there now.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $70,000 Tip

after learning that there was 2 districts conspiring behind my back to make a move and have South Philly be taken back in time of the stone age

Well done, you achieved that all by yourself. From listening to the conversation Celeste repeated, the only person that is/was a danger to Philly is yourself TTD. But now you've got the entire City to run all on your own terms, I look forward to seeing how you handle that. Based on this small piece of information I have available I don't expect big things, but then I don't know you, so I guess I'll just hope that your better than how you look right now.

Report Post Tip

lronSight sighs,

"First things first, everyone involved please don't bring personal letters or IRC quotes to the streets. Maybe it's just me but I find it to be one of the most distasteful things you can do in a post-war speech (Please just put it up in a back alley and post a link or hyperlink the address to a word). After reading everything, everyone involved was in the wrong, including TheTripleDeuce in my opinion, and with tensions that high it likely was a him or them scenario. This is the problem with trying to ignore problems and hoping they go away which is what I believed was happening. TheTripleDeuce definitely shouldn't have acted like that at a City meeting and should've been confronted. It's rude and begging for a bullet, but so is a RHM instigating him and sending mails like that. The actions of a RHM are representative of the actions of the CL, that's why it's so important you choose a RHM wisely (he says while using the ugliest, smelliest, most useless RHM of all time) and why their actions will often be associated with the reasons in take downs. Those two reasons alone were enough to justify a war on either side, in my book. There were no innocent bystanders at that meeting either because they were all supposed to be leaders and nobody did anywhere near enough to get rid of the elephant in the room if it came to this. It was their responsibilities to handle problems like that if they arise. Ignoring them never works and I doubt too many of the fallen's children will dispute the notion their parents could've done more to intervene in that confrontation based on what happened."

lronSight readjusts his collar so it looks sloppy again,

"Mr. TheTripleDeuce I congratulate you on your successful move but please remember there was a build up to that level of tension. Ignoring tensions with a fellow leader or hand in your city or simply letting them build like that is foolish and will lead to more problems than good and despite your feelings I'm sure you can admit that there was probably a better way to conduct yourself and get your point across at that meeting."

"Children of the departed I wish you best of luck with your future endeavors and that you'll learn from this if you can or find peace, but regardless of your current feelings nothing good will come from continuing in this conversation and I'm sure most, if not all of you, know this."

Report Post Tip

Looks like Battista was right IMO.....  Because philly was progressing and now what little bit of progression it actually had you just took away.. Congrats Moron

Report Post Tip

But guys, who will run the business district now?!?!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I never thought I'd see a more disjointed city than Phil_Steak's New York, towards the end of his reign, but I think you may have just out done them.

I don't want to speak out of place, as I am just an Earner, but I also don't want to sit here and nod along with everything that has been said just because of the ranks you are.

Trixie was right, there is no black and white in this world. The same 'act' can be solved in many different ways. For example, taking an insert from one of my ancestors journals; It mentioned that the aforementioned Phil_Steak had shot one of his Captain's RH's, by accident. Now, this RH was a very heavy hitter, and was capped with Bodyguards, so he was a huge loss to the city. (Not district, we actually managed to work as cities back then, regardless of districts already being implemented.) However, if my father had called for Phil_Steak's head, well, you can imagine the distaste that his city, and his allied city would've had. Instead, they accepted a very hefty amount of compensation, so that the RH's son could buy himself the same amount of hired protection, with an additional hefty amount of money for the actual accident.

My point is, sometimes you have to think about each situation for what it is, rather than throwing a blanket rule over everything.

I must say, it is noble of you to value every Philadelphia member's life to the point of calling for the culprit's head, it really is, but you aren't going to last very long on that logic.

As for the actual war, that message from Battista was definitely out of line, and you were right to want him dead for something like that. If he had that level of distaste for you, he should've just shot you. Instead, he got his entire district, and another district killed. Bravo.

That's my two cents anyway.

Report Post Tip

Her sighs and shrugs.

Ok, people didn't agree on things. That's understandable. TTD felt threatened (I'm honestly not sure how. 2 districts plotting to take him out? There wasn't talk of that). And yes, things were not handled in the best way possible. I wish my mother was there. If she had been home an hour earlier she would have been there in that discussion as well.

What pisses me off, apart from my best friend losing a chance at something he had been working so hard for, is the innocents. There was no protection order for them. Everyone was taken out. Something kinda funny though. You know how, when you take out districts, you make sure to get every single one of the people above MM? For some reason (he said it was because she 'had a voice of reason unlike trixie jynx and batista') my mother was put on a Do Not Touch list. I guess someone didn't listen and killed her anyway, but that's fine. Kinda pisses me off that she was put on the list to begin with. She agreed with everything Trixie and Jynx had said and would have backed them up if given the chance. The innocent members, under MM, were not given a protection order, but my mother was. That, I think, is insulting to those who SHOULD have been protected. My mother was nearly a Don, and lived a great deal longer than many others, but he had tried to spare her life when he didn't spare her husband's. Surely he couldn't have thought she would have joined his family after he destroyed hers. I just can't see his logic in that. 

However, what is done is done. That just removes one more person from my list of trusted friends. 

Report Post Tip

After listening to everyone Dandy stand up and talk.

I totally do agree on Her about the protection order under Mademan, usually this people are the person that do not know what is happening around them and the least people that will be a threat to the attacker. Actually not all Mademan up knew how politics work. and not all mademan up is a threat. but in this things of ours Mademan up should perished and let the associate live and let them continue the work to the other family so they can become a proper mobster in the future.

My father helps Bruiser to achieve what  his bloodline dream since from the start my bloodline and his has cross path in this same street. It sadden me that it is still not his time to achieve it because of a very good reason, with my father last talk to him about passing it to Godfather TheTrippleDeuce, I have all the hope that it will go well since my father was making business and appointment with the other leaders of the district of Philly to make it one better City in the future. Never knew that this will happen in my entire life.

I myself was amazed of the logs shown, I don't know if it is true or not but nevertheless, the one that GF TTD wanted is the old ways of the mobster here that My bloodline, Bruiser, and the other bloodlines fought hard to be change. I myself is not a fun of such thing.

Rest to the fallen and I wish you all the best

Report Post Tip

I honestly don't understand where all this talk of 'innocents' comes from. It's the mafia, it's a war. If you are affiliated to a crime family involved in that war, regardless how much you are affiliated to them by, you should expect to die.

I'm only an Earner, but if my Godfather was at war, I would be helping her in whatever way I could, so I'd expect the other side to kill me, as I would definitely be a threat to them. Threats are not just those people who can do massive damage in the form of taking out a high profile target. Even someone with a very low gun, can protect a Godfather for another four hours, dragging a war out, and giving their Godfather the chance to shoot someone else. That should also be considered a threat.

If you aren't willing to die for your Crewleader/Godfather/district then you shouldn't have joined them in the first place. Joining a family shouldn't be a light-hearted affair, it's a decision you make for life.

There are no innocents in war, regardless of rank. Your leader protects you, and if they fuck that up, then you die along with them. End of story.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Apologies for speaking up again so soon, but I must say, thank you for the explanation speech, just hours after the occurance. At least some leaders still hold that value close.

Report Post Tip

Zack followed the subsequent actions within the streets after the dismantling of Philadelphia happened whilst he was sleeping. After he had heard a mobster's point of view, he felt the need to offer his opinions...

I honestly don't understand where all this talk of 'innocents' comes from. It's the mafia, it's a war. If you are affiliated to a crime family involved in that war, regardless how much you are affiliated to them by, you should expect to die.

There are no innocents in war, regardless of rank. Your leader protects you, and if they fuck that up, then you die along with them. End of story.

If that is the case, what is the point of becoming 'Made' and invited within the inner circle? As an associate you are not at the point of this inner circle of trust, you have no influence over your crew leader's decisions and until you prove yourself you will still be an associate. (I appreciate that when you are below the age of 11 days this isn't always quite relevant)

I feel anyone who is Made Man and below, unless in special circumstances, should be given time to find new homes and prove their worth elsewhere. If a Made, or above, individual has survived an onslaught, and had time to find a new home, then I believe they should be demoted back to Wise Guy, to show their new family and trusted members their worth. 

Report Post Tip

Who cares about the city as a whole? Bollocks to everyone working together - that shit couldn't be more boring. Get out on your own, I say, for own family, running the ever so important business district which nobody actually does anything with anyway, however you want. 

Report Post Tip

I'd say the entire world cares about the city as a whole, it affects the dynamic of the way we live. Not everyone from different cities have to get on, but you'd expect there to be some form of communication/morale between the districts of the the same city.

I think this sort of incident actually indicates the fact that there can be "too many cooks in the kitchen" Would this have happened under one soul Godfather of the city? In my opinion, probably not. You can argue that having multiple Godfathers within a city is good for diversity, however, unless you are part of a larger community (using 303 as an example here) the chances of working with other Godfathers and there not being an inner city tiff are fairly remote. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Philadelphia Movement
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL