Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 03:58:01
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
So I was thinking. Started by: Desmand on Sep 22, '14 14:35

Meh whats another 8 extra Mias when there has been 1000s durdens as well as RIAs dont really bother me at all

Report Post Tip

I'm fairly sure it's 16 kills every 4 days as opposed to the standard 8, good job you aren't a Help Desk person. 

Your "fairly sure"? Or your actually 100% sure? I dont know if there was more discussion on the matter on IRC as I was at work...

We have increased the number of MIA contracts available.

The annoucement didn't mention anything to say whether or not the number would follow the days like it did last time, so rather than make assumptions when I didn't actually know, considering I was at work, I asked a question ;

but isn't it still based on x days meaning you still walk away with the same amount of available over the course of days?

If I knew the answer, I wouldn't have asked it as a question. So perhaps you should stick to your own request and try and keep things from being personal. Or do you only like responses when they agree with yours?

As it stands actually, now that it would appear we have the opportunity to do 16 kills in 4 days I do feel its excessive. But given the fact there are sooooo many shooters and RIA kills are harder to come by, I can see why it makes sense to give people the chance to still build a gun.

For all the conspiracy theorists thinking this is about taking down those on the top, everyone thats on top when changes are implemented feels like that.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip
I don't think it will affect that many people. Those that don't race will be able to double their kills if they have the cash for it. With the durden spawns the way they are now 8 kills really is nothing to be complaining about. Those that do race will still try to use their timer on a free kill rather than MIA. So very little change for the die hard racers.
Report Post Tip

Over the course of the past 6 months we have seen numerous changes come about. Most of these changes just seem to be out of nowhere, much like this one. I feel we haven't been given a reason for those, most likely not for this either. I thought 8 free kills was too many, now its 16 free kills. Well they do cost credits of course, but still pretty easy to obtain. I think if building a gun is going to be this easy with the amount of durden spawns, player spawns, and mias. The bg cap should surely at least be looked at. Its been stagnant for a while now, and it could have used a tweaking a year ago imo. I think now is another good time to look at it. 

Report Post Tip

I mean everyone already bitches and moans how a cap killer doesn't mean shit , it's 120 free kills a month which is around shooting through 24 BGsIsh lets say you perk a few times 123-125 free kills ontop of durdens any decent hitters gonna break 300 a month now and you thought building a gun was a joke before.

Report Post Tip
You want it to go higher I assume? Based on 16 kills per 4 days that's still 7 months before hitting anywhere near cap. That's insane. Appreciate there are RIAS and Durdens so will be sooner no doubt. Considering it only takes 10 days to become capped seems a bit of an imbalance, to me anyway.

Would I be saying the same thing if I was in yor position? Maybe not. I'd be protective too, however as a whole, it's a good thing IMO. I like healthy competition!
Report Post Tip

Even if I was dead I would want the cap to be raised. I think it adds another element to wars, and actually causes wars. Not just hitting people one wave and the going about your business. It doesn't take anywhere near 7 months to become a cap hitter. I was a cap hitter on this account in a little over 60 days. Definitely not 7 months. I just think with the amount of big guns and as easy as it is to train a gun surely it could be looked at.

I'm not saying it should go back to ridiculous amounts of bgs but it can surely be looked at. If you look at the amount of kills you can get now, and compare it to the last time the bg cap was changed. There are so many more kills available now. 

Report Post Tip

I've always said it I don't think a godfather should be able to just be one shot there should be a little more planning to it I mean even though there is a ton of districts and it is a bit easier to obtain godfather.

It still takes a ton of time effort and money put into jailing bgs gun etc it shouldn't be so easy to lose all that work

Report Post Tip

Can someone walk me through why the BG cap needs to be increased, other than the obvious fact that the Godfathers want it to be? I mean, I could follow if we had seen loads of 60 day old accounts (which by the by seems like more than enough time to have a worthwhile account in my opinion) causing havoc, but we haven't. So if that is possible at the moment and not happening, why will this development suddenly make everything change?

Report Post Tip
How many people are shooting at that rate though, almost 15 a day? Surely a small handful. And if you're friends with them, you can hedge your bets on being ok for a while.

The whole game dynamics have changed since I first started playing, I've always said credits and involving real money into the game will create an imbalance. You don't need to be pure skill now alone, a big deposit will ultimately get you some form of success. However, it's what pays for the game to function. Are there better ways of doing it? I'm sure that's been through the mill already with Izzy and his coders, that's for another debate though really, plus it's not my bag.
Report Post Tip

I thought this change was a joke, but the joke is on us, I guess. Pure bullshit change for absolutely no reason given, which is bullshit in itself.

First of all, if you need 16 MIAs every 4 days, along with all the present kills that this game gives you, you're going to build stupid fast. I've seen people get cap hitters at stupid ages, some are ages involved in being less than 100 days old. What's the goal? It looks like to me the goal is to give people a cap hitter quicker. If people could achieve that shit in 80-90 days, this will make the change even more retarded. 

Less work, and more gain for shit work. That's what this is encouraging. I wish people has to actually put in some fucking WORK to get to where they are, not just buying a shit ton of credits and pew pewing MIAs and Durdens to get yourself an 80 day old cap killer. 

So not only are first waves so easy to pull off if you have the guns, but they will be bigger now and more effective? That game needs that? If you say yes, you're oblivious to any war that has happened since the BG cap was lowered. 

One of those moments where you want to yell at MR and say, "HEY, THAT'S A GOD DAMN RETARDED CHANGE. CHANGE IT BACK." Will anyone listen? Have they ever?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

My most enjoyable moments on this game have been wars - and I'm sure many people would agree with me. An enjoyable war is hit and miss and isn't effectively over after the first wave. Since coming back to this game after 2 years, I've noticed (in the one "war" I've seen in over 2 months) that a large scale attack on a city can be quite comfortably done in one wave, with the exception of the odd wackback. Giving everyone a more powerful gun, which this decision effectively does, will only add to a problem we ought to be resolving.

I hesitate at suggesting we raise the bg cap as this will only really go towards protecting the smallish elite who can afford to maintain an army of bodyguards and this would only make the powerbase of this game more stagnant. 

Personally, I always thought of this game having 3 components that a player could work on. 1) Their wealth 2) Their gun 3) Their rank. I always liked how you didn't have to be super rich in game to train a good gun - it was up to your hard work (and that alone). This move continues to change that. This decision was probably made with the motive of increasing credit revenue, and I understand that this may be necessary for the admins and the game moving forward. Having said that, this move could be a step in a direction that damages the game in the long term : /

But given the fact there are sooooo many shooters and RIA kills are harder to come by, I can see why it makes sense to give people the chance to still build a gun.

How so, Warrior? I seen RIA's left over in NY yesterday, like 5-6 of them. So does that really make RIA's harder to come by? There's a shit ton of them and Durdens already. Too much at sometimes that we can't keep up with them all as a community and RIAs die minutes, or hell an hour after they turn when someone realizes that it hasn't been raced for yet.  

Want the chance to build a gun? Don't be lazy and play to strive for the goal you want, not have it handed to you on an ever bigger silver platter 

Personally I don't think this was a necessary change, but... I dunno. It doesn't bother me as, obviously, much as it bothers the people who are currently Godfathers, seeing as they'll be the ones most affected by it. I am, in fact, of two minds of this change:

1. The game already gives you enough ways (with MIAs and near-constant Durden spawns) to raise your gun. Do we really need MORE?

But also...

2. Things are quick to stagnate when people rank up to Godfather, as they become more about protecting their seat of power than actually taking risks and stances that may lead to war, so something that makes them quake in their booties even a little bit can't be the worst thing in the world...

I'm of the mind that if something is going to be changed, that we should be informed of the reason FOR that change. Unless, and until, we hear that reason... I think people will remain conflicted.

I tend to agree with Mako a lot more often now I am finding minutes go by at times maybe even an hour where RIAs are left to be shot being spoonfed kills is quite boring racing isn't even that hard if you race about 8 times a day i'm sure you'd easily get about 3 kills a day on average.

Report Post Tip

Vodquila I agree almost entirely with you.

All I want is a reason for this change and I think we are all owed at least that much as players and some of us donaters to this game. It has been piss easy to build a cap hitter for sometime once you had a bit of luck during wars. This change does make it a good bit easier and some people will be capable of building a cap hitter in 70 - 80 days which in my opinion is too short a time. 

When a change like this comes in for people to accept it or deal with it we need reasons. If we were given those reasons in the announcement thread this clusterfuck would not have been needed. 

Report Post Tip

How so, Warrior? I seen RIA's left over in NY yesterday, like 5-6 of them. So does that really make RIA's harder to come by? There's a shit ton of them and Durdens already. Too much at sometimes that we can't keep up with them all as a community and RIAs die minutes, or hell an hour after they turn when someone realizes that it hasn't been raced for yet.  

Want the chance to build a gun? Don't be lazy and play to strive for the goal you want, not have it handed to you on an ever bigger silver platter 

That may very well be the case. But the times in which you see such things occur, are more likely to be "quieter" times or during Durden spawns when guns are focused elsewhere. You will rarely see an RIA simply just left. If anything you'll normally have at least 3-5 people trying to kill that RIA at once, and when you consider the amount of cities and districts and RIAs available, having around 3-5 people focusing on each RIA it mounts up to a lot of people racing for RIAs.

Thats why I say there are soooo many shooters and RIA kills harder to come by. Perhaps i'm unlucky in the time I spend online and its easier at others hours? I don't know. But I figured I'd take a look at the last two days to see if I'm perhaps over exaggerating things;

lejman None Savannah, LA Gangster Dead Sep 14, '14 00:25 Sep 21, '14 00:38
Sales None Hollywood, LA Gangster Dead Sep 14, '14 00:29 Sep 21, '14 01:49
Sticky_Dicky None Old City District, PH Gangster Dead Sep 14, '14 01:25 Sep 21, '14 01:57
KennethBell None Corktown, DT Gangster Dead Sep 14, '14 06:35 Sep 21, '14 06:57

Nukcy None Hollywood, LA Gangster Dead Sep 14, '14 07:45 Sep 21, '14 07:53
Aly None The Strip, LV Gangster Dead Sep 14, '14 07:46 Sep 21, '14 07:57
Scot_Lochan None Corktown, DT Gangster Dead Sep 14, '14 08:27 Sep 21, '14 08:53
Disalvo None Queens, NY Gangster Dead Sep 14, '14 11:11 Sep 21, '14 11:17
Rodney_hunt None Summerlin, LV Gangster Dead Sep 14, '14 11:10 Sep 21, '14 11:13
Ernesto_Kadar None Savannah, LA Gangster Dead Sep 14, '14 11:54 Sep 21, '14 12:53
Gurl None The Strip, LV Gangster Dead Sep 14, '14 11:55 Sep 21, '14 13:07
herbertpofahl None South Philly, PH Gangster Dead Sep 14, '14 11:51 Sep 21, '14 14:37
felonn None Hollywood, LA Gangster Dead Sep 14, '14 14:29 Sep 21, '14 14:39
Hassenger None Queens, NY Gangster Dead Sep 14, '14 17:06 Sep 21, '14 17:56
Carleen_Laforte None Savannah, LA Gangster Dead Sep 14, '14 23:16 Sep 21, '14 23:37

Well, thats 1 days stats showing the amount of RIA kills not done on the very second the RIA turned to Gangster. I'd say the evidence leans more in your favour than mine, but I still feel that it's evidence of the fact that very few times is there a situation where we don't have killers stalking the RIA and racing one another for the kill, thus making it harder to train a gun without MIAs.

Again, that said - not everyone that plays has time to race for RIAs either. So MIAs can help at least keep them following the pack, though without RIAs they will still be off the pace of someone thats racing, they'll at least not end up waaaaay behind.

Report Post Tip

If you can't be arsed to race to build a gun you don't deserve to have one.

Building a cap hitter shouldn't be as simple as being in a whatsapp group to be alerted to when there is a durden spawn and logging 16 times every 4 days to shoot an MIA. I put in a fucking shit ton of work to build a cap hitter and now it can be done quicker and I can't any more BG's to balance it out?

Izzy waited untill after the May war to make changes to the BG cap and tapering to make sure it was fair on the people who had built monster accounts. I am not saying this is in the same league but surely he should have asked the question or at least given us a reason as to why it was happening?

Report Post Tip

Oh I don't deny that it would be nice to know the reason for the change, nor do I agree its a necessary change either.

When I first commented I wasn't sure if it was in line with the previous MIA changes where it meant that the days would also be affected, i.e. you can shoot 16 today but then you've gotta wait the next 8 days, but thats been confirmed as incorrect and indeed its 16 for 4 days, which I then agreed based on that it is excessive.

So as far as the MIA stuff goes, Yeah, I agree with what your saying. However, I cannot agree with the assumption that racing RIAs is easy. It doesn't come down to simply being arsed, it comes down to being able. Many people, myself one of them, play MR a lot from work. Just because your online at work, doesn't mean you have the chance to guarantee you'll be at your desk when its time for an RIA, so it's not as simple as being arsed.

Again with a lot of folks that will play from phones. I'm sure they can be arsed, but whats their chances of winning an RIA race? Slim to none.

So for people like that, sure more MIAs being available will help them keep up their training alongside the people that have the ability to shoot at RIAs all day long.

Report Post Tip

15 RIA's that weren't raced for on time, but we need more kills added to the game? I see zero logic about that. And the RIA's I were referring to, weren't during any Durden spawn. It was with 80-90 players online that are doing things other than worrying about racing for RIA's. So that means we should increase the number of MIA's to pamper more people? Fucking lolzzzzzzzzz.

This also effect people who just don't have that type of money to stay up to par with hardcore or serious hitters. The people who spend a good amount of time on this site to become better at what they want, and to reach their goals by working for it. Hell, without the extra MIA's, these people still can get a cap hitting gun in 80-90 days. That's WITHOUT the flux of MIA's that are now staring us in the face. So basically, the admin are saying with this change, 'if you have the RL money, you can have a gun in 60 days as a hard worker'. That's pathetic.

2. Things are quick to stagnate when people rank up to Godfather, as they become more about protecting their seat of power than actually taking risks and stances that may lead to war, so something that makes them quake in their booties even a little bit can't be the worst thing in the world...

I'd totally agree with you here, Vodquilla. But to be fair, that's not the users fault either. In fact, 90% of the users would rather have us go back to 6-7 cities and no districts at all, but the 90% of the userbase is ignored on their claims for this change. One of which the GFs have been happy to voice that they will step down and make it work. There's too much room with the districts as it is anyway. Instead of people having the desire and passion to fight for extra space and a new city to expand, it's been mobilized to "We have room, who wants a district? We have like 10 to spare". There's no challenge at all when it comes to expanding your district, or will to fight and get people in a city so that they can expand in an exciting way. That element has been taken from us completely. It wasn't like that even with 4 cities, but now that we have 6 cities, that element is long gone to this game. 

But like Cantillon said, an explanation to WHY this is a needed feature in the game has yet to be released, and probably won't be. I don't think it's asking too much at all for a reason to WHY this is needed, when there's clear cut reasons to why it shouldn't be there. 

An explanation besides "We have increased the number of MIA contracts available" would be nice. I don't think it's too much to ask at all. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $696,969 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: So I was thinking.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL