Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 22:20:41
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Am I too old for this shit? Started by: Kuku on Sep 25, '14 16:45

Today, my friends, is my birthday.  I am 35.  There, I said it.

.org entered my life in 2003, and I played on and off until about 2009, when I finally joined the digital age and bought a computer.

Around 2010 my mafia career took off (incidentally, right alongside my IRL career), and the rest is, well, not quite history, but it what it is.

So my question is this.

Am I, quite simply, too old to play this game?  Is this a young person's game?

I'm also interested to know the age of other players.

Also, I want to ask pantiesbedroppin if he wants to start a crew with me, him as Murtaugh, me as Riggs.

The magic is back!

Report Post Tip
In your 30s and still playing MR?

What a loser

Report Post Tip

Look what this genius had to say:

To: Kuku
Sent: Sep 25, '14 16:48
Subject:

Never too old to spew out bullshit I say.

Report Post Tip

Pantiesbedroppin - ain't it somewhat ironic that you and I aren't the most... serious of players?

Report Post Tip

I must say I'm honored to be mentioned by the mouth himself! At 35 though, you should consider buying a bike and making a continental tour with it. You could also consider becoming a full-time poker player, you could challenge Mike Matusow with your trash-talking!

Report Post Tip

Poker, shmoker.  99% of the folks that think they're good at it fund the remaining 1%.

Report Post Tip

But you could be the 1 % Kuku! You were always destined to be special.

Report Post Tip

My talents lie elsewhere.

Report Post Tip
Firstly, happy birthday! Hope you enjoy yourself.

I think it's really hard to guess most people's age behind their character: I've come across mature, intelligent sounding folk that are just teenagers - and on the other side of the coin, some older folk who behave like school brats and have no grasp of how to form a correct sentence. I couldn't care less how old anybody is, though - but this is why I don't consider it a young person's game.
It would be interesting to see a poll (maybe on the home page), of the different age groups that play. I like the variety! No matter the age, it's always important to focus on having fun above all else, not get too attached or obsessive - and remember that it's only a game! Don't allow MR to interfere with real life priorities.
Report Post Tip

Don't let his happy-go-lucky persona fool you; PantiesBeDroppin' lives this shit.

I've lost count of the amount phone calls from him I've ignored, which doubtlessly would have involved his struggles to adapt his infamous MR round robin format into his everyday life. 

Happy Birthday anyway and no, I don't think anyone is too old for this. There are probably worse things to have spent 12 years of your life on too.

I can't think of any mind, but I'm sure there must be.

Report Post Tip

I don't think you're too old, especially given the fact you've basically 'grown up' on it. You might try to take a 'serious run at things' though. It might make the game more interesting and engaging for you... you won't feel like you're too old for it. 

Report Post Tip
This game has cost me my job, my wife, my kids and my home. If I could turn back time and start all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. You guys are all the family I need <3
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip
You old bastid, you. happy birthday Stephen ;)
Report Post Tip

@PantiesBeDroppin

"This game has cost me my job, my wife, my kids and my home."

Because of this previous incident, family members can no longer be left at the office as collateral for credit advances.  Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again!

Report Post Tip

Happy Birthday, Kuku!

And you're most definitely not too old for this game, I'm sure there's quite a few people playing that are around your age if not older. It's all good!

Report Post Tip

Firstly happy birthday to you Kuku!

Secondly, you certainly are not too old for MR! I've met many people much older than yourself on here.

Lastly, you asked for our ages. Myself I'm 17 since May

Report Post Tip

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! NEVER TO OLD FOR FUN! :D

Report Post Tip

Happy birthday.

I don't think age matters here in honesty, I've met young and old players, we're all the same in the end I'd like to think.

Also, Elsa is uber old! :D

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
One of my members is in his 50's :)
Report Post Tip
Wasn't UncleNikky about six hundred and forty whilst he still kicked it around here?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Am I too old for this shit?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL