Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 15:39:11
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Achilles - The $2,000,000 Black Hole Started by: Heel on Sep 25, '14 19:12

Has that made it clearer for you? I hear you are quite old and not often managing to get out of the house nowadays. 

"Now Desmand, I'm advanced in years and still have a reasonable grasp of my faculties. I can perform basic tasks, beg and roll over, all that stuff. So please, less blaming things on the elderly!"

Report Post Tip

This is pretty funny.  We have Heel – who is annoyed that someone took out a hit on his boss, and paid for that hit with lots of money (none of it belonging to Heel or his crew).  And we have Kuku who is defending the hit and apparently either has the money being used or knows who does.   In the middle of all of this we have Heel maintaining that we are all here for loyalty, honor and respect and our only purpose here is ‘business.’  Then we have Kuku who maintains this is about honor, principle and pride. 

I agree with JimineyCricket – it would be hilarious if Tyler Durden actually got the hit.  So long as that contract remains this is a possibility too.  On a side note – it is really funny that this is a profit making idea for whoever is renewing the contract.

As for me - I will continue to sit on the sidelines and watch the festivities.

Report Post Tip

Heh, I've tried to steer far clear of this conversation but that last reply is just to enticing to ignore. Trixie, did you really just say, publically out loud in these streets that you think it would be hilarious if TylerDurden shot and killed a Don Crewleader?

So much for continuing to on the sidelines and watch the 'festivities'.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Consig Crewleader*

Report Post Tip

given the bounty was made almost a fortnight ago and is still up there just goes to show that Mr.Durden is honing his gun. imagine a world where you could hitlist people you didnt like and a "ghost" could kill them off and take the money. this would indeed be funny to anyone Sir Jono

Report Post Tip

Yes I actually did say that.  If people wanted that contract gone they would figure out a way to do it.  In the meantime I will sit here munching my popcorn and enjoy the festivities.

It isn't as if I want Achilles dead - not at all.  I don't know the guy, have had no dealings with him or his crew that I know of and hold no opinion at all as to whether he should remain alive or not.  I just find all this angst about a contract and no one being able to do anything about it rather amusing. 

Is there a problem with this?

Report Post Tip

The problem is with the lack of respect shown. Regardless of whether or not you know the guy. Regardless of whether you have any feelings towards his situation. It is still disrespectful to admit that you would find it funny if he were to die in a certain circumstance. 

Hiding behind the fact that you don't know him or have any feelings for or against him or that you hold no opinion on to whether he should die or not does not cover the fact that stating you would find it hilarious if a crewleader was to die. Odd circumstance or not. 

As for yourself Pinocchio, i'd imagine it was your fathers comment that got him killed. 

Report Post Tip

I totally disagree.  I am always very careful to speak with respect.  Merely saying I would think it funny if Tyler Durden successfully killed a person is not at all disrespectful.  What a strange thought that is to say that merely saying I would think it funny is disrespectful.

Report Post Tip

my father wasnt protected under the cities rules you leaders have implemented? something fishy is going on here (and i dont mean cause im fresh off the donkey island)

Report Post Tip

You said that it would be hilarious if TylerDurden got the hit. Considering the hit is on a Consigliere Crewleader called Achilles. So... you would think it hilarious if TylerDurden killed Consigliere Crewleader Achilles. You would laugh at the death of a crewleader because of the circumstances of how it happened.

This Trixie, is disrespectful. Have you not been taught yet that it is horribly disrespectful to laugh at the death of another, especially one who is a vital part of his district? 

What is strange here is your thought process and how you have apparently carefully picked out your words with respect in mind. 

It's idiotic to think otherwise. 

Report Post Tip

I must thank you as well Jono.  You have managed to keep me interested in a set of speeches far longer than anyone else has.  So much of what is said here on the streets is just so much noise to me that I have grown bored and have stopped coming to see what people are saying.  This particular speech caught my eye and has kept my attention.  Many thanks!

Report Post Tip

perhaps achilles hasnt shown trixie why he should be respected by her? after all a title/rank doesnt automatically give you instant respect with everyone on our shores

Report Post Tip

This Trixie, is disrespectful. Have you not been taught yet that it is horribly disrespectful to laugh at the death of another, especially one who is a vital part of his district? 

What is strange here is your thought process and how you have apparently carefully picked out your words with respect in mind. 

It's idiotic to think otherwise. 

Come on.  It takes a whole lot of maneuvering to turn what I said into disrespect.  You worked really hard to do that.  Kudos!

As I said - I choose my words with care.  I do not utter disrespect on the streets.  Just take the words as written and no reading into them please.

Report Post Tip

Pinocchio rolls a hubcap down the streets hoping it entices Jono to move on

Report Post Tip

You really are beginning to make me laugh now. Passive aggressiveness makes me laugh too. 

I don't read in to words nor do I twist them. I never have and I never will. What I do however is see things in black and white and react to what I see when I feel the need to or hell, when I just feel like it. Regardless of anything else... Your words were "I agree with JimineyCricket – it would be hilarious if Tyler Durden actually got the hit." 

Stop trying to back track and own up to what you said. 

Report Post Tip

Pinocchio rolls a hubcap down the streets baited with weed and a hooker hoping it entices Jono to move on

Report Post Tip

I said exactly that!  I confess!!  And that was all I meant too - I will find it hilarious if Tyler Durden gets the hit - a hit that remains on the books because NO ONE has succeeded in making it go away.  Where are our leaders and peacemakers who could negotiate some sort of solution to make the hit go away?  Why is this hit still on the books anyway?  Clearly Achilles pissed someone off bigtime and this is their solution.  You don't have to like it - you don't have to agree with the methods used - you don't have to approve of it.  But it is what it is - a hit has been placed on someone you clearly value.  Don't bite my head off because of that.  I did not do it.

What I find funny is the idea of Tyler Durden making good on a contract - and that is what I said and that is all I meant.  You sir have read all sorts of other stuff into it.

Report Post Tip

perhaps achilles hasnt shown trixie why he should be respected by her? after all a title/rank doesnt automatically give you instant respect with everyone on our shores

Brendan swivels his head round that quickly he falls over. Standing up he brushes himself down. Pushing through the crowded streets he gets to the spot where this laughable statement was uttered. Looking round he sees no-one. He wonders if he imagined it before looking down and seeing a small, helpless thug muttering under his breath about the death of his father not being 'fair' and 'fishy'. It now all makes sense.

HA! Yes. Ha. That is my reaction to your statement. You are wrong. Anyone who thinks you are right are wrong. It is exactly what is wrong in these Streets at the moment.

Over the last 24 hours or so I have been appalled by some of the goings on. Open disrespect, complete gibberish and anything in between just so your face is shown at times.

In this world. In this thing of ours rank means EVERYTHING. Do not make the mistake of thinking respect is earned. It isn't. It can be lost granted. That cannot be denied. The very little respect I had for you is gone after that comment. As an easy example. Even if privately I had lost respect for someone higher ranking than myself I would not dream of marching out here and speaking to them as an equal or worse. I would respect their standing in this thing of ours even if I did not respect the man behind the rank.

But if a 'Made' member walks up to you, a thug, you better bow down and respect them. That is how it works. Well, it's how it should work. You might think you deserve freedom of speech and like being 'fair'. You don't and you shouldn't get it I am afraid. Every word you utter against a higher ranking member of this place, regardless of City or loyalty, should be another nail in your coffin. They have worked hard to prove themselves, to be Made and it just seems that people can respond to others without realising their place in society. The rank must be respected for this place to work.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the case and perhaps it's why we see ourselves ending up where we are now. With vulgar and disrespectful streets. It's just not how it should be.

Now who is the one reading to much in to things eh?

My objection is purely about the disrespect shown in you finding it funny if TylerDurden was to kill a Consigliere Crewleader. I have no idea how you can continue to argue the point. 

My argument is not about how well I know or like Achilles or the methods used. Nor is it about what is being done about it. Which might I add, just because nothing has been done immediately about does not mean that nothing is being done at all. How quick can you come up with $400,000,000 to buy off the hit? 

Now I understand why you don't come to the streets more often if you can't handle your opinions and words being challenged without feeling like your head is being bitten off.

awwwwwww

And here I was thinking I was done with this and you had to drag me back in.  I can handle my opinions being challenged just fine - TYVM.  I have responded to every point you have made too.  You just don't like the responses so you resort to insults.  You might go back and reread what I have said - word by word.  I did not insult you or anyone else.  I merely responded to what you said.  I thought I used reasonably clear arguments.  You just disagree with what I have to say is all.  That is fine with me - it never bothers me if others do not agree with me.  As for your last statement - who does not like their words being challenged?  And now I really am done - this horse has been flogged beyond all hope.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Achilles - The $2,000,000 Black Hole
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL