Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 14:46:33
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The $2,000,000 Black Hole - A Business Proposal Started by: Refresher6 on Sep 25, '14 19:29

The $2,000,000 Black Hole - A Business Proposal

Sometimes we need to boil something down to its most simple form.  Business.  Lets make this about money.  If you refresh the $200,000,000 hit on Achilles when there is less than 4 hours left on it - immediately send a telegram to me or my kin for reimbursement plus another 500k on top.  1 mill on top if its from someone in their own district.  1.5 mill on top if its someone from Achilles own family.

I ask that you take photographic evidence that it was you in case there are some people up to funny business trying to claim in on your rewards.

Money will be paid within 24 hours of receipt of the telegram.

Your identity will remain anonymous.

Thank you for your consideration for this proposal.

Report Post Tip

Will you lend us the money if we don't have $2,000,000 to spare?

Report Post Tip

Hmmm, I am a little leery about a Don who can't come up with a days wages.  Sorry, I don't think I can help you with all things considered.

Report Post Tip

Firstly, is there a special offer if I renew it?

Secondly, you must have forgot my family won't be able to renew it, I take all of their money. Wasn't that what all this what about in the first place you silly Sally? Or was it due to insulting people? I forget it's been so long, I'll have to check my diary.

Thirdly, I'm a little leery about a lineage of Petty Thieves and Thugs that can come up with $295,000,000 to date and who's family still have access to millions more. Very realistic with all things considered.

Fourthly, Achilles face palms, this is getting embarrassing.

Report Post Tip

Eh, where you getting the $95m from Achilles?  Looks like you can count about as well as you can lead.

Scumbag.

Report Post Tip

You'll do well to show some respect to those who out rank you Kuku. 

Report Post Tip

Respect is earned, Desmand.  Achilles isn't deserving of any respect. 

Report Post Tip
How does a Thug plan on making the money to fund such a business proposal which could continue for many days, weeks or months?

Desperate times call for desperate measures but if I was to take the risk in this proposal I'd love to know how you plan to fund it indefinitely.
Report Post Tip

Word has it that a God is taking upon a mortal form, Cantillon. Surely all ethics and money are no problem to a man like that, especially his Thug Power. But of course, the mortal form of this man to not have been around for many years, but he still has some sort of influence over some others to do things for him, instead of doing it himself. One would say that he isn't really even doing anything at all (I like to call it 'doing fuck all'), just supplying his Godly money. No skill, no ethics, or no real substance to it. Not to mention that the story and motives behind the man are pitiful and weak at best. 

But some also say that this Godly mortal only looks at what he wants and ignores everything else. I'm sure he will only hear what he wants out of what is said to him. So to be wasting valuable oxygen is almost laughable at this point.

Report Post Tip

Thank you for that explanation Mako.

I was at at a loss as to how a pissant Thug could promise to make such massive payments to people without using highly questionable means to raise said funds. You have cleared it up nicely though since the man himself couldn't come out here and do his own dirty business.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $350,000 Tip

Cantillon,

How does a Thug plan on making the money to fund such a business proposal which could continue for many days, weeks or months?

Desperate times call for desperate measures but if I was to take the risk in this proposal I'd love to know how you plan to fund it indefinitely.

As long as the hit stays on top of, it should never go past the 20 hour window and necessitate others to provide their services.  This is merely a backup plan.  Surely you see how a few extra bucks in the event that a plan B is needed to save 200 million makes financial sense?

Report Post Tip

I just want to know where you plan on getting the money from to finance such a proposal. The money you are offering to pay is hard to come by as a Thug or Gangster but you must already know this.

Report Post Tip

@Cantillon,

I imagine a very similar way you do.  Mostly construction, some sanitation gigs, some no-bid contracts.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $500,000 Tip

I wonder where this money is going to come from as well. At that rank one would need to be running the streets nearly 24 hours a day and scrounging every penny they could find to afford this. But with the hundreds of millions of dollars and hundreds of credits he filters through dice bets to other players I'm sure he will have no problem getting his playing account money as well. Even if this was won legitimately I don't see it as right that he steps in to do anything with his non-mortal character especially involving money or credits.

Report Post Tip

No offense, but its kinda obvious that refresher6 must has ties to off shore bank accounts or saved with a friend of their ancestry. We see it all the time when a thug shows up out of nowhere with so many bodyguards employed under them right when they hit these shores without them selling a single drug unit.  

Isnt that the same concept? On how a mere thug and gangster get this large amount of money. Or am I wrong? 

I could be. 

Report Post Tip

afghanmango,

Because I have the theoretical ability to have access to a printing machine to print money, you go on the assumption that I do?

All the women in your life have a vagina, so should we all go on the assumption that they use it when they needs money too?  That would not be a sane thought process now would it?

There is a paper trail created to ensure that those who are conspiracy theorists, can easily verify things.  If you feel this strongly about it, please speak to Kyubey, someone whose reputation should lay great weight to any verification you need.

Report Post Tip

All I said is that I wonder as well just like many others I have spoken to on this exact topic. You can twist my words however you like, which is what you do to every single player that questions anything you say. Your analogy is also the worst I have ever heard in my life and makes absolutely no sense to what was said by myself. I don't care to see the paper trail, I was just putting what myself and many other players are thinking into text and expressing my concerns as to what you do with your non-mortal account involving money and credits. Obviously questions are going to come up when you see players winning dice bets from your non-mortal account that are hundreds and hundreds of credits and hundreds and hundreds of millions of cash. Non-mortal accounts should have nothing to do with posting in the streets and money, this should be kept to your weekly playing account.

Report Post Tip

Hi there.

I can indeed put my own credibility on the line as a crew leader and a mobster in this thing of ours and vouch for the bloodline of Refresher, he is indeed getting his funds legitimately.

I can assure you there is no foul play involved in the money.

I wasn't going to put myself into this, but I feel like the accusations are baseless and unneeded.

Report Post Tip

Refresher, he is indeed getting his funds legitimately.

I can say willingly this statement is 100% fact.

Report Post Tip

All the women in your life have a vagina, so should we all go on the assumption that they use it when they needs money too?  That would not be a sane thought process now would it?

I don't even think it's a sane comparison to speak out loud let alone a sane thought process. How the conversation even went in this direction, even for a fucked up analogy that was immediately shot down, is beyond me. Funny how this whole argument was started over the choice of words and who is the "better man" and yet this comment is used to try to prove a point which would have been a lot clearer without it.  

If I wasn't completely disgusted by this whole situation before I definitely am now.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The $2,000,000 Black Hole - A Business Proposal
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL