Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 13:48:13
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Hand Requirement. Started by: Squishy on Oct 11, '14 16:30

If that isn't the accusation, what is it?

Report Post Tip

To answer your question earlier, it's all IC if someone takes offence to it. ;)

Oh thats wonderful. It's not in game when you're RH is scripting then? That is entirely OOC right? Where is the line drawn Desmand?

Like Heel said. If I am twisting his words. What is he actually getting at?

It was just an easy way to get rid of a godfather and then make a rule to prevent it in the future was just icing on the cake. Still a really really nice change. LOL 

Justify that quote to me and I will apologise.

Report Post Tip

The reason WB death was changed was because a big account WB'd to death...that account was not revived. The reason HQ wacking was changed was because a big account was HQ'd by a numpty for no reason....that account was not revived. Both changes were made shortly after the accounts were dead, both things happened to the same person...they didn't bitch or complain that these things were changed after their death. Nobody is denying that Jeddy lost an amazing account and yes it sucks but it was a known fact that if your RH was DD'd the CL would be as well, no matter the rank. 

Report Post Tip

Oh I know Izzy isn't particularly against 303, and if he was Jeddy surely wouldn't be one of them he would try to get out of the game. It just seems a bit shitty losing all of your characters work and then a change be brought out saying it won't happen again. That part is honestly laughable. Also, it shouldn't matter if this post is OOC, IRC, IC, OC, TWC, WXYZ. I'll post whatever I want, whenever I want wherever I want as far as that goes. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

No doubt Johnny. It is quite shitty. But you claim that it was an easy way to get rid of a Godfather and it was only the admin team doing that. But if you do not think you made that link in your post then so be it.

As for OOC and IC. That was more for my current accounts well being instead of yours. But good on you. I look forward to seeing you in the Streets with that attitude.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Thank god this change was made before any horrible drastic decisions affecting someones character could happen!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

It's a shame that it took the ending of an account which had a lot of time, effort and potentially money invested in it to bring about this change.

If I were Jeddy, I'd be well disappointed. The admins have clearly realised the rule that was in place previously was flawed but again it's a shame that it took the DDing of a Godfather to realise this.

Report Post Tip
I've been waiting for this forever, damn good change! Puts us on the right path to rebuilding the ranking system
Report Post Tip

You guys are aware that most of our posts will be removed once Squishy logs on? I know he's very much a stickler for the rules and as per this mail he sent me last time (I'm sure he won't mind me posting this since I know he's big on being transparent):

To: Desmand
Sent: Sep 22, '14 14:28
Subject:

Your post in the news and announcement forum was removed.  The news and announcements forum isnt for debates, you should start another thread if you feel you need to debate it.

Hopefully those that support this change will not have their posts removed though, that would be a shame. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
If they don't fit the criteria, they should be deleted.
Report Post Tip
Great update :)
Report Post Tip

Squishy,

I appreciate the change where hands are concerned. I am not a huge fan of removing the responsibility of leaders over who they chose for RH though. Accountability is everything.

Report Post Tip

What's the criteria? Must agree or your posts are deleted to go debate in the OOC? Surely the logical thing to do would be to discuss the changes in the announced change thread.

That way new updates aren't potentially misconstrued by some of the slower members of the community (MIA update springs to mind)..

Report Post Tip
If there's an area designated for discussion...well then that's where you discuss. I'm assuming announcements are for announcing the change and clearing up questions about it. Not questioning why it exists or bringing up things that brought it about.
Report Post Tip

“Any fool can make a rule and any fool will mind it.”  - Henry Thoreau

Baaaaaaah

Report Post Tip
So the people who break the rules are the smart ones? Who end up crying like fools when the consequences for breaking the rules are carried out. Interesting.
Report Post Tip

Jeddy didn't break any rules. Unless he broke the rule of having a RHM he evidently should have known was scripting, in which case he did. Interesting indeed. 

Report Post Tip
"Only idiots quote other peoples words when they can't think of their own" - Me
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

He said it more concisely then I ever could.

And since I knew the quote it would be safe to assume I was thinking along the same thread.

Nice to see you surfacing for air for the first time in a while Eric, feels kinda nice right? 

Report Post Tip

Not when I see people arguing and taking some kind of offence toward something that has always been the case. There have been many times that changes have been made due to something big happening, and never have the accounts affected before the change been restored no matter how close together the two events are. I guess some people are just taking it personally now where they didn't before.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Hand Requirement.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL