Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 04:56:50
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
What Does it Take? Started by: MrKuku on Oct 27, '14 21:20

To get to the top.  To get a bold suit.

What does it take?

A solid earner, a powerful gun, the right connections, the right name?

Is this the land of opportunity?  Can anyone step off the boat and become a leader of men, in time?

What does it take?

Report Post Tip
It takes determination, hard work and a winning attitude.
its well known around here that my bloodline is a new one. This being my 5 character in total, and the first to live past 30 days.
Surely this goes to show that it isnt just repeat auths, friends only authing friends etc.
You just have to put 110% into your work. Prove you deserve it.
Report Post Tip

With respect Genocide (and I mean that), you need to talk to some people about OOC-itis.

But I applaud your achievements and rejoice in your reputation.

Report Post Tip

Ah MrKuku so glad times haven't changed that much if you are still the same he, I gotta ask as no doubt some will try to replicate your goings on, why? how the fuck do i know ask them, always been a worthy advocate of mouth and although we never agree'd on well nothing really you always brought a bit of life to these here streets and for that reason alone all the best, Vincenzo bows and walks away.

Report Post Tip

Well, it took my ancestors a tonne to hard work and a lot of networking to get a bold suit.

What did it take you?

Report Post Tip

Tepid had heard of Kuku yet again rambling in the streets, this time though Tepid felt as though he could lend a few words.

"Anyone can come fresh off the boat and obtain a suit, there is one person I can name that did that no problems, only his father God rest his soul had been here... But that was for a short time." Tepid can see the leaning ear of MrKuku as his head slightly turns to the side a little. "It is I. My father spent some time down in the very district I reside in now, you might know him, you might not... ThomasProctor_. He could not go on further with his life and I have always led to believe, he spoke to his boss who is currently my boss now... After the murder, she took me in and showed me the ropes in this world, gave me a gun, gave me money and taught me how to make a fortune from it.

After many many teachings from her and her friends ( Yes, she is a she and not a he like your previous thread :D), I have now found myself wearing my own bold suit... And doesn't it look shiny?"

Report Post Tip
Looks like a pretty valid discussion point to me... where is MrKuku rambling?
Report Post Tip

It takes bitches and bitches and more bitches. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Mafia Returns is Due for a turn around '' with TepidDelucci,he is a good leader and will follow through.. with true leadership. and communication's amongst his members.. ty Boss for being there.

Report Post Tip

OH Kuku is speaking..I should listen in. Can anyone be a leader? Why of course why not? Should i vocalize this? Yeah...

Hi Kuku...Thank you for the baked goods you sent the other day. I know Visas was upset she didn't get any from you. I would like to address your question and say yes to all. I may be wrong but this is the way i would imagine it to be done. A leader isnt just someone who earns well or shoots accurately. I believe their are individuals who devote their time to one specific practice and that is good, in their own right. I had a conversation with the late great Jono a while back and one thing he taught me was that a leader must be loyal. The Godmother, in our case, always comes first. Loyalty i think is a huge thing and i believe this was something i was planning on addressing in the future in the streets the importance of Loyalty in our world. I think loyalty is shown in various ways as well. Are you insanely well protected and your leader is struggling to get to very well protected? Are you saving millions for yourself or are you sending it in for your crew.

I had a conversation with Spunky once and he told me that he believes a leader must be someone who can distribute the tough calls. I thought this was amazing and it spoke highly of the individuals he placed as leaders. Someone who knows how to handle stress in certain situations or care for individuals. Especially those no one else wants to handle. I think this all falls into the same category. A leader is the one who leads by example. I think that is an enormous quality too. The crew will most likely follow the example of their leaders. If the leaders are active in certain areas it will rub off in the crew as a whole.

Lastly, i think a leader should be different. I think a leader has to have garnered a reputation. They stand out. They are different from everyone else in a positive way. They think in new ways. Everyone knows what its like to sign the crew rules, why not make them a little more interesting than the usual? Everyone knows what its like to be called on to a greater sense of mission, why not challenge people individually? This goes on and on...the way a leader separates him or herself from society and the norm.

Ok i think that was fair. I dont even fully understand what it means to be a leader but i guess this is the best i could do. 

I do want to say one more thing Kuku. Im glad you asked this. I have spoken with many people. Everyone wants to be a leader. Why? Im not sure. I think having people come out and express their thoughts on the matter is a brilliant way for people to learn how to reach this "Impossible Task." 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip
MrBean thought about his one an ester that made it bold for a short time. He remembered his journal that said it took lots of trust and ability to prove his worth...to who he asked him self....well to his anciesters good friend Odin. Odin was his friend but he still had to prove he could do it. Friends mean a lot and at the same time, they mean nothing as far as getting bold goes.
Report Post Tip

leadership. and communication... -- and that I believe " what it takes.

Report Post Tip

Loyalty, Communication, Respect and a Brain with that comes along a pinky

Report Post Tip

An interesting discussion was brewing in the streets and Chelsea definitely wanted to be part of it. Listening to MrKuku and hearing what the others said Chelsea thought about it some more in her head. Her bloodline hadn't been around long enough to really know what it takes. But she heard stories from her friends and also looked at the history of mankind to see any similarities and one redeeming quality seems to stand out.

"Patience!" Chelsea yells out over the top of the crowd as others call out their own answers.

Report Post Tip

Zack began to chuckle at some of the responses to MrKuku's original point. He felt it was certainly a symbol of the times we live in to see Godfather's suffering from OOC-itis. 

To me, I see a mix of people in power. Sure, there are a few new guys/gals who have shown hard work and loyalty to their respective families and have been rewarded. However you must be naive if you think this is the general consensus. The people selected are, in the main, connections of the people in power, and why wouldn't they be? If I was in charge, I'd only want people I knew and trusted alongside me.

To answer the original question, I think you need to be connected to the people at the top and show your worth to get set up.

The selection of Godfather however is a different ball game. People flying into vacant districts to take Godfather when they have no real history or connection with that part of the world seems a bit disrespectful of the rank and what it means, again, a sign of the times. It's not difficult to achieve this prestigious rank anymore (hell, even my family has a Godfather in it's history) you only need to have the required experience and connections with the guys in the ivory towers. 

Report Post Tip

It's just like what my father used to say, Mr. Morris, "You can't build an ivory tower without killing a few elephants!"

Report Post Tip

What I'm getting at is this:

Is the top table still accessible, in the main, by those who aren't well connected?

I am denied a bold suit because of reasons.

Report Post Tip
Yes I do believe that one of the bold suits out there right now is from a new bloodline that has just appeared on these shores for the very first time. So yes anyone even a new player with no ties to anyone can work hard enough and EARN a bold suit.
Report Post Tip
'WELL SAID'
Report Post Tip
There are deffinatly oppertunities to get a bold suit if your new. Or havent been authed before etc.
both of the leaders in my districted are first time auths, and if I am ever in the position to auth another member ill be making sure once again it is another player who had yet to wear the bold suit.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What Does it Take?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL