Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 14:18:48
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
When is a rogue classed a rogue? Started by: Bunny on Oct 31, '14 09:25

Bunny, it's nice to see you out here on the streets. I only wish it were in happier circumstances. 

To answer your question in the most direct manner possible.... the point when a shooter becomes a rogue, to me, is quite simply when Godfather Mako, the sexilicious Cassi, or, erm... ChrisPalko, tell me that we have a rogue problem. That's when a rogue becomes something that's genuinely on my radar. Until I've heard it from them, although I may take personal precautions on the offchance a shooter is a rogue, I certainly wouldn't go about yelling to the world about their being a rogue and that everybody should duck for cover and the like. Because who knows, really, what is going on behind closed doors? Maybe it's all part of a plan. Maybe it's authed. Maybe it was okayed. At the end of the day, I really don't know for certain until I'm told otherwise.

Now, the loss of EricNorthman last night was untimely and saddening. PaulyD, the shooter, has found his way into the obits this morning - I'm sure as soon as Cantillon had time to deal with this matter, he did so, and that was the result. However, what I haven't seen, is a reason why from PaulyD, nor his son. I don't think we can say with certainty what the reason is - I don't think we ever can. Who truly knows the shooters motives barring the shooter him or her self? I haven't seen his happen, but PaulyD could've come out and given us his version of events, and we COULD take that as gospel, but that hasn't happened as far as I can tell, so we are purely speculating on the events leading up to the death of Mr Northman.

Since Queens and it's status as a 303 district and last nights events were mentioned in correlation to Inglewood and Silvio--Dante, I'm going to again touch on what Kyubey said. Queens ceased to be a 303 district when JohnnyNoname died. Hell, to be honest, it stopped being really a 303 ran district when JohnnyNoname was demoted from the rank of Godfather. space-to-ze-pole, maybe I'm mistaken, but I'd like to hear an example of when you think PaulyD's bloodline has actually worn a 303 tag, because that isn't something I EVER remember. I've never known nor viewed that bloodline as a 303 one. It does seem as though PaulyD is being painted up to be something he isn't in order to attempt to discredit the 303 over this today, and that doesn't seem right. So, 303, anybody else who feels as though they can answer this with certainty: PaulyD was not 303. Can we get that confirmed? (SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!)

Which moves me on to your example, Bunny, of Silvio--Dante and the action taken to remove his district upon the death of Godfather Desmand. (GRHS)

Silvio--Dante made a direct attack on a member of the 303. Silvio--Dante was not a member of the 303. He was simply a Godfather who acted in a hostile manner to the 303. Should the 303 have waited to see whether Silvio--Dante might've decided to shoot another one of their own next, rather than move to wipe out the threat he posed? You come from a smart and powerful line, Bunny, and I KNOW that in their shoes, you wouldn't just leave it and see what happened. 

PaulyD made a direct attack on a member of a family that belonged to a district in the 303. I'm not sure how long exactly it took for a witness statement to surface from that attack. I know I personally was awake last night for several hours after EricNorthman died, and I didn't know until this morning who the killer was. We were assuming last night, to the best of my knowledge, that this was the actions of another random rogue. Godfather Cantillon was sleeping when the death occurred, Whatsername appears to have decided to wait for him to become available before speaking to him about bringing about the death of PaulyD. But, to my knowledge, PaulyD didn't fire another shot last night. It was just the one. It took a while for the statement to be found, and when it was and the appropriate Godfather became available to deal with the matter, the matter was dealt with. It wasn't as fast as Silvio--Dante was dealt with, but dealt with all the same. And as horrible as it is that EricNorthman died, PaulyD didn't seem interested in further bloodshed. So that would stand to reason that the cue for other Godfathers to involve themselves in the issue just wasn't there. I'd like to think that if the last week has taught any of us a lesson, that that lesson would be to not involve ourselves needlessly in situations that aren't our concern, maybe this is a sign of that.

So yes, there wasn't the same level of urgency, but it's amounted to the same result anyway. There were no mails, perhaps because other Godfathers decided to allow Godfather Cantillon to deal with things, perhaps because the upper structure members available weren't in the know on who did the killing... there could be a few reasons for that, it doesn't have to be some kind of conspiracy. 

Again, Bunny, Bronx... I'm sorry for your loss last night. I truly am. Eric was taken too soon.

Maria turns to space-to-ze-pole, who's had rather a lot to say on this issue, little of which is resonating with Maria.

As for you wreckless shot, no matter of your dislike for the guy or his blood line, that shot was never yours to take, you know it, and every other fucker (outside of 3033) knows it! In comparison from you to paulyd- I'd say; what's good for the goose, is good for the gander! If it was my district you unlawfully shot at, I'm telling you now, you'd be fucking next to him!

Kyubey took the shot that he took. Kyubey is still alive. Obviously Cantillon was willing, given the circumstances, given what had happened between Kyubey and TheDude (and as somebody who considered both great friends, I'd like to think that I can be unbiased when I say that there did seem to be a fair amount of bad blood between the two), to allow Kyubey taking the shot to slide. Now, maybe you would do something differently in Cantillon's position. But - and please forgive me for suggesting this, and lets tryyyyyyy not to have a several month long argument over it -

Maria breaks off to flash space-to-ze-pole her best, "DON'T HATE ME FOREVER FOR SAYING THIS" grin, before continuing,

But, the thing is, that the 303, if my memories are correct, are the very reason that your own bloodline no longer has a district of their own to make that kind of call in. Now, maybe you do genuinely feel very strongly about this whole thing. Maybe you do feel as though Cantillon should've just put Kyubey straight into the ground, regardless of context. But, maybe, just maybe, there's a little residual anger still there that the 303 took your ancestors life and district. I don't know. That's just speculation. But, it'd explain quite a lot about the tone of your response to all of this, is all I'm saying. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

maria it would be an easy assumption wouldn't it? and id like to think that given the message you left me in a recent funeral about digging around to create something that potentially wasn't there, that you wouldn't sink to my level and do the same thing, but alas, you have. 

You can think im "salty"- "salty" is a buzz word at the moment right, yeah? So, yes, anyway, because im obviously "salty" about my line being killed by the 3033 group, jesus christ, by this logic coupled with the amount of times im killed, there would be no one left to like, or to not be "salty" too.

To answer your question in a none facetious way, no, it has nothing to do with past lines. Im far to long in the tooth, plus, go back to that time, see if i have ever come out shouting and preaching after my line has been killed, you will be hard pressed to find anything. My words were based on how I would play it, how I would see and tbh how kyubey would see it if the whole scenario was on the other foot and how the group of 3033 would react, it would have been seen as an act of war, regardless of what you may think, ive sat in the very highest meetings with the group, i know their logic.

lets clear something up, individually i love everyone of them, they're brilliant people, as a group though, well i wouldnt air that in public, but ive made my thoughts known, and its that simple. 

Report Post Tip

Well, to be honest, space-to-ze-pole, I was actually kinda hoping it was that you're "salty". Because otherwise I genuinely can't fathom what the bloody hell you were actually banging on about and am forced to assume that you were just talking out your arse.

Queens wasn't a 303 district after JohnnyNoname died. And I seriously don't think PaulyD has at any point been or claimed to be 303.

Report Post Tip

Hand on heart, it has nothing top do with past actions. I die most months and like i said, by that logic id hate 90% of people or factions. no matter if it was in his tag or not, he would of, every single day of the week, sided with anybody that was 3033, you know it as do most others. t

Report Post Tip

Then fair play mate, I believe you when you say you're not just salty about shit.

PaulyD might've chosen to follow the 303, though, but he still wasn't a member. That's the problem here. You're judging the group by effectively their groupies. That's not fair. Call them out for what they actually do by all means, but don't call them out because people who've decided to try to fit in with them are doing stuff.

Report Post Tip

fair play, i  get your point, maybe i was fishing, but im sure somewhere in there i did have a point, a point i dont really remember now. 

Report Post Tip

My thoughts have always been the same on these type of topics, and it's easy to understand, straight to the point.

If you fuck with The Loop, you fuck with me. 

For example, Godfather Tesla. The man was paranoid right into his own grave. He took one pro out of being paranoid, then another. It made me raise an eyebrow to the point where I was asking my crewleaders to stay safe until I could handle the problem. After two pros, Tesla put me and others on alert, making me think he could've been up to somethin. So to protect my district, I was going to make sure that Tesla seen his grave. Tesla traded the lives of his crew to survive. Why it even got to that point, I'll never even begin to comprehend, but the final conclusion was that Tesla freaked himself out to death. God rest his soul. I guess I just have that effect on people.

As for rogue actions, it's hard for me to call any Godfather or crewleader a rogue. They can have rogue tendencies, but it's hard for me to label a person of power a rogue, when they make their own decisions. As I have the ability to make my own decisions as well, which I like to resort to Rule #1 - Don't fuck with my district. 

I went into the fight against Silvio instantly because Desmand was my ally. He had risked his life for me countless times, so I proudly fought back against his killer. Especially when he bent over backwards to help protect the ones that I love. If Cantillon were to ask for my assistance, he would have it, and he knows that. Same with many others around here, depends on the grounds of cause, of course.

Report Post Tip

Guess you cant just shoot someone without some conspiracies being tossed around anymore.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: When is a rogue classed a rogue?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL