Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 22:30:47
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Masquerade Ball Started by: -Draven- on Nov 08, '14 16:28

Draven sat on the balcony of her hq and wept for what seemed hours as she got the news of her GodFather Mako's death. He was a great man that had taken her in as a child and had become like an older brother to her. He had helped her rise to have her own family and she was so indebted to him. Her thoughts became fuzzy as she realized that he had always slated her to take his position, and he had prepped her for it, but much like a child she never thought that day would ever happen and everything would always be ran by him. 

Taking a sip of a beer, that she had in front of her, she wiped a few tears off her cheek and then snatched up a smoke that had recently been rolled for her. She had shut herself in the headquarters of Fortuna since the incident happened and had spoken to very little. A slight creak of a door startled her as she quickly stood up. 

"Bunny?" Realizing it was one of her own family members now that was lurking in the HQ halls late at night she sat back down in her chair and propped her feet up. 

"Draven.. It's time." Bunny looked down at Draven and put her hand on her shoulder. 

"Time?" Draven looked up at her confused as she took a long drag off her smoke and then raised her beer up to show Bunny she was busy.

"Get the fuck off your ass, and do something. You can't get where you need to be by moping about. Do you think Mako would want that?" Bunny kicked the leg of Draven's chair and Draven scowled a bit as she looked up at Bunny. 

"I'm working.. I'm working.." Draven grasped the edges of the chair and then in a jerking motion, while still in the chair, bounced the chair a few more inches over.

"Yeah working on getting fat.. Get up. Were all tired of watching you for a good week now do nothing." Draven was aghast as Bunny grabbed her arm and jerked her out of the chair. Her mouth fell open as she realized that TinyTina was there as well simply watching and staring. 

"What the hell.." Draven jerked her arm out of the way and made her back straight to appear a bit taller then she was.

"Draven.. It's time for tuff love.. Get up plan something. Get to fucking Godmother. You slacked for how long. You make us all work all the time. NOW YOU WORK!" TinyTina pointed her finger at her as she spoke and waved it back and forth a bit. Picking up a box she threw it at Draven.

"Here. It's your style I picked it up. Now put it on and for the love of god work and yet enjoy yourself.." TinyTina and both Bunny stormed out as Draven began to sit back in her chair. 

Looking back over the balcony she noticed a group of people walking towards the front entrance of the hq dressed in highly adorned clothes and masks. Confused she stood up and stared over the balcony and watched as a few more people began to arrive. Some in cars and some just seemed to appear from around a corner. All of the adorned in extravagant attire. 

Turning towards her room she noticed the box that had been set down on the table and she opened it. Draven's shoulders sank a bit as she saw the beautiful black dress neatly folded in the box. Pulling it out she realized it was more then she ever had dreamed of, and much to her surprise laying under the dress was a very delicate mask that matched the dress in all it's intricut designs. 

Another knock on the door startled her as she heard Manu's voice. "Draven are you ready?"

"Give me a minute!" She stared in the mirror as she slipped out of her slumming clothes and then into the dress that TinyTina and Bunny had brought her. Staring at herself she realized she at that moment felt ok, and ready. She stopped at a dresser and pulled out a necklace, and a then before leaving the room she looked at a ratty picture of her and mako from years ago. "I'll make you proud..." Her words whispered as she left her room. 

Manu met her around the corner and she smiled. "Seems Bunny and Tiny know you well huh?" He winked a bit as they walked down a few stairs. 

"Bigblack thought you might like this.." Draven looked as Manu pulled out a black cloak and set it on her shoulders to keep warm. "I thought you might need this" He pulled out a long white rose and nodded. "Thank you.. but what is all this?"

Without even having to say anything he simply opened the doors and as they stood halfway up the stairs she watched the flood of people enter the doors. Every individual was adorned in a mask. 

"We couldn't think of a better way to help you get to where you needed to be aside from a party. You've always enjoyed your parties and have seemed to enjoy it when Mako had gotten GodFather. So we all thought instead of a party after to celebrate. We will party to help keep you motivated to get there." He offered her his arm and she took it as they walked down the stairs ready to begin her new adventure.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

A party. Meyer hated parties. What he hated more were parties where everyone wore masks. Hard to see who's your friend and who's your foe.

Like his father before him, Meyer was a bit of an odd duck. He was cold, hard to read, and rarely let his opinions see the public eye. He was good with numbers and better with bodies. Family trade it seemed. That being said, unlike those before him, he had one weakness. He was odd like all the rest, but his oddities were not his bold stature and how quiet he was. Rather it  was the exact opposite. This guy never shut up. And he had the worst kind of talk. Talking to hear his own voice. Never saying anything that let anyone in. He just talked. Small talk mostly, but never anything that let anyone know anything about him, aside from his lust for women, Leilani in particular,  his loyalty to his family and his deep friendship with HandsomeRob.

"OK Draven. You're party commitee got me out here in this stupid mask," Which he wasn't actually wearing. He had it stun around his neck by the tie string, "Now someone better get me a fucking drink or a naked woman, preferably both!"

A homely serving girl walked by with a tray of drinks. Meyer grabbed a glass and downed it in one quick move.

"What the fuck is this? Fruit punch? I WANT WHISKEY! And this girl isn't even remotely attractive. I mean her lazy eye kinda keeps your mind off that thing growing on her neck, but for fucks sake if someone doesn't fill my requests, I'm shooting something."

The serving girl, with tears in her eyes, runs off dropping her serving plate on the floor. No one is quite sure if it is in embarrassment or fear, but either way, Meyer is oblivious to the fact he may have offended some people.

"Draven, I hope this shows how much I like you. I hate fucking parties." Meyer walks aimlessly toward the next unsuspecting victim, grabbing a old woman's ass on the way to nowhere. She must be relation to someone, somehow.

Report Post Tip

I received word there is a ball.. a masquerade. I had never been to one before. I scan my closet for a sparkling pink gown, and the matching mask to go with it. It was my mothers, she loved pink. I slip it on and its form fitting, but I am able to breathe in it. I find a pair of black heels, and I pin up my hair, keeping out a piece and curling it. I don't know what to expect, and I hope there will not be any trouble there tonight. Picking up the mask, I place it to my face, and look at myself. Hmm its a beautiful outfit, and I had thought she would have worn it a lot maybe, but I did not know how many of these things she had attended. As if looking up to heaven, I said..." I hope I make you proud, Mom." 

Its showtime. There were a few people here already, but none that I knew. Well, at least I dressed right for the part. After slipping my slender legs out of my pink limo, I looked around the grounds, as I hadn't been here before, much less met "Draven." There was a guy at the door, who opened the door for me to the ballroom where the ball was being held for the evening. I smiled a thank you to him, and proceeded to walk into the decorated ballroom.

I had seen a few servants walking about with food and drink on polished silver trays. I picked up what looked like wine, as one of the trays went by. I was not sure about the food yet, so I did not pick any of that up. Then I heard it.. it almost made me jump. One of the girls dropped her tray and seem to be running off. I then heard the commotion and some guy talking about her lack of beauty, and how he wanted whiskey. I giggled slightly at him. I thought however, he did not seem much of a nice guy. Everyone was wearing masks and such like I was, but I wondered if I knew anyone here tonight. I decided not to worry and walked around the room, and was going to try and have a good time. I was having a hard time with all these strangers here, and wondered then if it was a good idea to come tonight. I am going to try hard not to think about that, and enjoy myself tonight.

Report Post Tip
*crashes the party&becomes an embarrassment"
Report Post Tip

Sky was staring out of his hotel window, it was a cool Chicago evening. He had missed the familiar streets of Chicago, mainly because he knew where the best hiding spots were and no one found him when he was hiding here. Hearing a knock at the door he crossed the room pulling the door open, on the other side was a smiling women holding up cleaners bag with a suit inside. With a quick nod Sky takes the bag and spends the next half hour getting ready before he left.

Sitting inside his limo Sky grins while remembering the last time he was in Chicago for a social event, it was a street carnival he hadn't had to dress up but he had made some friends so it was all good. As the limo slowed to the stop he soothed his black suit and green silk shirt, Stepping out of the limo he made sure to grab his Green and black Jokers mask. Standing at the bottom of the steps he stared at the Black and Green jokers mask, he'd always loved jokers just fun loving kinda like clowns but with a serious aspect.

Sky walks up the stairs and into the party, there is people wandering around as well as severs with food and drinks. Seeing a near by chair he hops onto it to get a better view, looking around he sees a stunning women in a Beautiful black dress. From what he had heard about her that must be -Draven- and the reason they were all here tonight.

Sky starts walking in her direction digging in his pocket he pulls out red paper and begins folding, Reaching Draven he offers her the newly made Paper rose. "Good evening Sweetheart, you look absolutely beautiful tonight"

Report Post Tip

On this fateful day Frankie was coming in from the crisp Las Vegas night air and carrying the mail. He ripped open an invitation from -Draven- and read it. Draven was about to celebrate her attaining the status of Godmother in Chicago. She was having a huge party, an old style ball like the Venetians used to have back in the renaissance period.

Everyone had to wear a mask. 

Walking inside to headquarters the noise was very apparent and Frankie could see Teets and Tony Soprano dancing to some Latin music. Frankie certainly jealous of this attention that his dear Teets was getting whistled the loudest he could. It almost shattered the windows. He got their attention and pointed to Tony! Hey you you know that dance off we've been talking about well now is the time!!! Let's head to this party in costume and well compete with our masks on. No one will know who we are since they can't see our face so it will be completely unbiased and the crowd will definitely react positively or not to us both. He pointed up in the sky with his other hand on his hip and exclaimed .

!!!We will have our verdict on who is the best dancer in all of Las Vegas!!!

Frankie remembered how one day he walked in and found Tony_Soprano getting his groove on in front of a mirror Tony had positioned. He danced pretty well but not like Frankie. That day Tony also had the music on full blast. You couldn't really hear yourself think or talk and you could see he didn't have a care in the world as he got down on the dance floor.

Frankie was certainly in the dancing mood. He always was. Recently he had been practicing at his headquarters when the place would empty out and he had things to himself. He was almost ready to suggest to AT that they install some glossy hardwood floors so that the flamenco and other dance steps he practiced would flow beautifully from side to side. Recently other associates had gotten involved. Frankie was competitive about his dancing. He had the idea and suggested it even to have others participate in dance offs to prove who was the best dancer.

Tony was very good but not at the top of his game like Frankie.

We would see what kind of moves the would pull out to amaze the crowds.

Report Post Tip

As always, The_Dutchman is (fashionably) late. A masquerade ball... Hmm there's something new he never attended to... Ahwell, he's always been a man who's in for new things. He buckled up, got himself a costume and proper mask. As he arrives at the venue, he walks right in, and has a look around. He sees there's quite some dancing going on. The_Dutchman knows he was never really a good dancer...

He walks straight for the bar, and orders a big pint of Guiness. Now there's something he knows his way around, mweheheh. As he receives his drink, he starts walking around checking out the party, perhaps finding someone he knows..?

Eventually, there isn't anyone yet he knows, and so he just stands in the middle enjoying the music and party, the atmosphere.

Report Post Tip

Draven watched as everyone appeared to be having a great time. Meyers had given the help a bit of a fit but she expected nothing less at all from him.  

Walking around she was startled by the always sweet SebasianSky and looked at the flower he handed her. 

You always make the prettiest paper flowers. Thank you very much.  She gave him a light hug as she went to go grab a drink. Standing there she watched everyone dancing and to Latin music. She let out a light giggle. 

Suddenly she though for a bit about it and felt a bit revived. 

Everyone... She pointed at The_Dutchman and Frank as she began to talk. I want to move this party down the street.. I think some of our friends have been locked up in the New York Jails. I think at 20:00 we need to go bust them all out! She smiled as she raised her glass in the air with the announcement. 

Report Post Tip

Ladyfighter reads the invitation she received for the Masquerade Ball. Draven, who she knows already from a young age, invited her. Now this is something Ladyfighter really enjoys.

For a woman going to a Masquerade Ball, the most important thing is the clothes. Everyone knows Ladyfighter as the Captain of the Loitador Boat and these clothes are not really making her look like she is a nice Lady.

Then she remembers a box with clothes from her Grandmother. Now where did she leave that one. Luckily a Boat is not a big house, so the box was found real fast.

She picks a yellow dress out of the box and keeps it in front of her. OMG, did my Grandmother wear this? No that is not a good color for me and certainly not the size of dress.

Then she sees a red dress, the line is perfect for her and red is a color she can easily wear. She sits down in front of the mirror and starts doing her hair and make-up. All important things.

After she is ready and all dressed up, she looks in the mirror and is satisfied by her looks. She asks Chuckie to come and help her going off the boat to the car, which will bring her to The Loop, Chicago.

Outside her crewmembers were looking at her if they saw a ghost appearing. You could hear them talk to each other and saying how beautiful their Boss actually is.

Hey guys, this is a one evening outfit. Cannot see myself catching the fish and cleaning them in this dress, can I?

Her members laughed and told her to have fun at the Masquerade Ball.

As soon as she arrived in The Loop, Draven came to her and they both hugged each other.

Its so great to see you again Draven. It was way too long. I so loved your invitation and here I am.

Draven looked at her and was amazed of the make-over.

You never told me about this amazing red dress hun. You look like a Queen.

Draven took her inside and gave her a glass of champagne.

Cheers Draven, to a wonderful evening. Hopefully you can take Godmother of The Loop real fast now. I am glad to help you a little bit by coming here at this fantastic Ball.

Report Post Tip

Draven smiled as she watched GodMother LF drink her glass of champagne. It was such a good thing to see her here to Draven, and it ment a lot. She watch the bubbles dance in the glasses as she looked over and noticed everyone back from breaking out the people in jail. Jail wasn't ever a good place so drab and dismal. 

You know LF. Draven picked up her glass and took a big drink I believe that tomorrow we should do this again. She smiled as she set the glass down and then motioned over at Meyers. 

Don't be such a party pooper. Poor me another glass! She pointed over to another bottle sitting on a adorned table. He grumbled and then grabbed the bottle. 

Get a drink, go over here go over there.. Meyers mumbled as he snatced up the bottle and then set it down. 

Draven gave a small giggle as she pointed to her glass and then to LF. Please?

Report Post Tip

BadWolf had gotten the invitation to Draven's ball yet got delayed, but lucky for him his friends were quite the party-goers and the ball was all week long... Man they most think this his Mardi-Gras week he chuckled to himself being a decedent of the south. He headed downtown to the cleaners and picked up his snazzy white suit. Swapping clothing out in the dressing room he fixed his suit and headed out to the ball. 

Arriving at the location he could see many people showing up, people for blocks it seemed anyone who was anybody was obviously invited. Smoothing out his suit and gifts in hand he dawned his gold mask and walked inside. Looking over the joint he quickly noticed a few familiar faces and made small talk here and there when he came across Draven finally speaking to LF. Surprising her she was excited to see him.

"HOLLY CRAP LADY DRAVEN! YOU ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE A WOMAN IN THAT DRESS!!!"

Squinting his eyes awaiting the hard hammer of her fist across his skull. He held out a beautiful chromed Rose and a nicely aged bottle of whiskey he found in his voyage to St.Louis last week.

Report Post Tip

Badwolf... if you hadn't had the gifts i would have wacked the back of your head harder then I thnk I ever have. Draven gave a light laugh as she pointed to a chair. 

Pull up a chair and relax! Have some drinks you look like you might need them. She slid her chair over a bit and then motioned for Meyers to be nice of enough to deliver another bottle of champagne. 

I do like the bubbly! Ahh have you heard btw there is another lock up going on in NY for the next 30 min? She paused a moment and watched his eyes perk up. 

I do hate how dismal the jails are people shouldn't be allowed to sit in there very long at all! She winked a bit as she sipped her drink.

Report Post Tip

BadWolf pulled up the chair besides LF, and Draven and looked the lovely ladies over. Taking three glasses from the table he poured each of them a glass and passed them out. Taking a sip he relaxed a little and gazed about the room. Everyone seemed to be having a blast.  He gave a flashy smile to gals and downed his glass. 

Ah yes should have a few of our people working on getting our buddies out! Such a drab place jail is, and no alcohol!!! 

The band started playing an awesome song and BadWolf couldn't help but feel his foot helplessly tapping along.

Excuse GodMother! We will be right back!

He grabbed Draven and his drink and sat it on the table and before Draven could protest he whisked her out to the floor to dance. Spinning her around and dancing to music.

The Jazz music blared as BadWolf and Draven danced

Now won't you come along with me
To the Mississippi?
We'll take a trip to the land of dreams
Blowing down the river, down to New Orleans

The band is there to meet us
Old friends to greet us
That's where the line and the dark folks meet
A heaven on earth, they call it Basin Street

I said, Basin Street, Basin Street
Where the elite always meet
Down in New Orleans, the land of dreams
You'll never know how nice it seems

Or just how much it really means
Just to be, yes, siree, in New Orleans
The land of dreams where I can lose
My Basin Street blues

Now, you're glad you came with me
Down the Mississippi
We took a trip in a land of dreams
And floated down the river down to New Orleans

Where to, Basin Street, Basin Street
Where the elite always meet
Down in New Orleans, the land of dreams
You'll never know how, how much it seems

Or just how much it really means
Just to be, yes, siree, yeah, New Orleans
The land of dreams where I can lose
My Basin Street blues

Report Post Tip

Draven couldn't help but laugh loudly as she danced to the music with Badwolf. She was thrilled to be having so much fun as well as watching everyone else have fun around her. Glancing up at Badwold she quickly said. I NEED ANOTHER DRINK!

She stumbled a bit from the twirling and grasped at his arm for a bit of bracing. Spinning and twirling with that much to drink is bad! But... She managed to start walking straight again as she headed for the table of drinks. 

I can say this is turning out to be the party of a lifetime! She looked around at all the pretty attire and gorgeous people and was loving her current journey.

Report Post Tip

BadWolfs finds it hard to quit dancing but he manages to stumble away and to the table with draven. He layed out a few shot glasses and twirled the whiskey bottle around and poured a few shots. Handing one to Draven they clanked glasses together in a toast and downed them. BadWolf looked around and saw people still pouring through the doors!

Quite the turnout! More fun then i anticipated! Drinking with you is always fun anyway!!! 

Badwolf chased a few more shots, at this point on-lookers probably thought he was an alcoholic...they would assume correctly he chuckled to himself. 

Seen BigBlack lady Draven? Figured he would be here by now! 

Report Post Tip

Draven paused for a moment realizing BigBlack hadn't yet attended the party. She gave a slight sigh and then a shrug. Knowing that man he's out doing.. I don't even want to think about it. She raised a glass and then looked down at the cloak draped over her shoulders. 

He's a special breed that one! I bet if you check the local bar youll find him hustling some pool tables for pocket change. After all I do take all his money. She laughed a bit and then snatched up a shot. 

To everyone here, and to everyone that couldn't make it yet! She took the shot quickly. More? She looked at the peoples faces as the two took shot after shot and then just shook her head. 

Any bets on who will be the next to be taking shots with us?

Report Post Tip

BadWolf tried to keep up with Dravens drinking but fool you not she could put a few away. He paced him self and kept pouring. Letting down a good deep breath. Scuffing his beard he laughed

Either that or BigBlack is peeing on shit again. BadWolf smirked and tossed another shot. 

They better be prepared to drink like a VIKING!

Report Post Tip

Leilani held the invitation in her hand, reading it over for the hundredth time. While her heart was still mourning along with the rest of The Loop, she knew this was a night that they all needed. A chance to heal. A chance to celebrate where they had come from and most certainly where they were headed. She lay the invitation on her vanity and turned around, staring at the ball gown that was laid out carefully across her bed. It was a deep shade of burgundy, with more bows and ruffles than she had ever seen in her life. She crossed the room, picked up the dress and slid it over her head. She sat back down at her vanity as she checked her hair and make-up. It was time.

The car was waiting for her out front. Stepping through the open door, Leilani scooted to the middle as the driver shut the door behind her. She picked up the full glass of champagne that was waiting for her and sipped it on the drive. When they reached their destination, she pulled her mask from her purse, took a deep breath and exited the car. Climbing the steps slowly, she smiled at the doormen that greeted her and pulled open the doors for her. The beautiful music that filled the air was infectious. She couldn't wait to get inside and spend the night with her family, The Loop, celebrating each other.

Report Post Tip

TIIYAH had also received her invite for Draven's Masquerade Ball, which was being held to celebrate her journey towards becoming Godmother of The Loop in Chicago. She knew as soon as she received the invite, that she was going to go as she liked any reason to have a drink and this was a bigger and better reason than any and it really is what The Loop needs at this time.She had the perfect outfit in mind for this occasion,  a blue gown accompanied with a mask to match which she had seen a few weeks earlier, it was her dream princess dress.

Tonight she was at least going to make an effort to dress lady like (as her mother used to tell her ALL THE TIME) with her hair, make-up and nails done, which matched her dress and mask perfectly. Looking in the mirror, while doing the final touch ups, she couldn't believe she was actually staring at herself, she looks so different. Her nerves started getting the best of her, she had two shots of Vodka and stashed the bottle in her bag then headed to her driver who was waiting outside. "To the Masquerade please driver"​ of which he obliged and speed all the way there knowing how impatience she was.

Finally she had arrived, she took a quick skull of her bottle for good measure before heading in, She couldn't find anyone that she knew of from Fort Alara or Pog Mo Thoin as they weren't there yet, so she did what she does best and headed to the bar for a drink, hoping and half was praying that she would get the boldness to go and met people she didn't know while she was here, and at least have some fun.

Report Post Tip

Draven felt a sting in her neck as she pulled her head up off the table. Blinking she realized at some point through the night she had passed out for a while. Finally getting her bearing back she looked around and found both Leilani and TIIYAH walking about that she had not said hello to. 

TIIYAH. Draven walked up to her and smiled. Turn around please. She watched as the women turned in a circle. Simply divine hun. She snatched up a drink that was passing by quickly on a tray. Please we are all friends here. Go say hi to everyone. Draven winked a bit as she also handed TIIYAH a drink. 

Leilani! Draven gave her a light hug as she too made her spin in a circle. It's always so nice to see you dressed up. She grabbed the entire tray of drinks this time and held it out for Leilani. I'm so glad you both were able to make it! 

Leaning into Leilani she whispered. How long have I been out?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Masquerade Ball
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL