Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 10:41:30
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Reason for Siobhan's demise Started by: Amethyst on Nov 09, '14 17:20

With the death of Crew Leader Siobhan and her Right Hand Man Wheaties. Amethyst and Kyubey made their way to the streets with an explanation of the recent deaths.

"As always, When an explanation comes out here to the streets we are expecting to gain a bit of a backlash to it. This is our world and we understand this.

However when a Crew Leader is ignoring communication on repeated occasions form the Godfather of Staten Island, in the city if New York. Which was also on behalf of myself and the other Godfathers of New York. You have to question the how long will this waiting around for communication go on for?  

Only some days ago did Don Siobhan come to us for some help and we helped her on a unrelated matter to this notification to get her out of a pickle she was in. Yet the minute we kept trying to open up dialogue with her for the interest of New York she could not find the time to respond. 

As you can most likely understand if you are contacted by someone respectfully, and especially another Crew Leader who is not just a Crew Leader but also a Godfather you would think they could give a little bit of time to respond. Even if they can not talk right there and then. At least acknowledge. Time was given of more than 12 hours since the original correspondence was sent. Further ones were sent since to chase it all up and still no response of acknowledgement was made. This is clearly rude and disrespectful. 

Therefore buttons was pushed and making the end of so come with her and her Right Hand Man Wheaties. This was not a light decision.

Due to this the Godfathers of New York have decided to allow Don LF from the district of Brooklyn to now move to Queens to take over the role of Godmother there."

With that said Kyubey and Amethyst took their bow and made their way back home. 

Report Post Tip

Deadly was minding his own business in New York when he heard gunfire breaking out. He was taken completely by surprise, and headed into the nearest shelter for his own safety. He heard word from an associate that it was Queens being taken out and they weren't in any danger, so he headed out to the streets to see what he could find out. He found Godfather Kyubey and Godfather Amethyst making a speech about the takedown and their reasonings for it. He steps forward just before they leave so he can say a few words to them.

"Godfathers, thank you for coming out so soon to explain things for us not in the know, it is truly appreciated. I don't know why you would expect backlash - when you help someone out and then they proceed to show their thanks by ignoring you, it is definitely very disrespectful and that's something people in your position shouldn't stand for. I must say I feel bad for them though, they probably would've taken the time to reply to yourselves had they known their lives were on the line. But that isn't the point is it? They should have replied to you whether they knew their lives were on the line or not."

"I'm sure there are plenty of people happy to see that LF will be moving to take Godfather of Queens, and I'm sure she will do a much better job with the district than Siobhan did. At the very least I'm sure she, along with everyone else, will make sure to reply to every mail from now on!"

Deadly smiles and leaves the two Godfathers to go about their business.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $43,456 Tip

This is actually pretty amazing to me. Siobhan had a full HQ, and not a single one of them has protested this. I've never seen this level of subjugation before; I'm truly impressed. She had Consiglieres, Bosses, Capos, and Made Men that (supposedly) swore to serve her, and yet none of them even flinch before taking an invite to a new crew as the last CL of their district dies. Absolutely incredible. New York is magical; the influence of the Godfathers actually pervades even the bond between Made Men, the inner circle of the crew, and the Crewleader.

I suppose it goes without saying that anyone fleeing Siobhan's HQ can't possibly pretend to have a spine after something like this. "Taking more than twelve hours to respond to a mail" is perhaps the greatest cause for a CL removal I've ever seen. I can't stop smiling thinking about it. No one questions it, no one argues it, and everyone just moves along. I love it. I must say again, I am truly impressed. Whoever is pulling the strings in New York is absolutely magnificent to pull the veil over so many eyes at once. Well done.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
taylor would you have preferred the whole crew to have been taken out?, no one is pulling the wool over anyone's eyes here the fact is when you're superiors after having done you a favour come knocking the decent thing would be to answer wouldn't you agree?,
I do understand where you are coming from but obviously mass slaughter of innocents over one or two peoples ignorance was not called for here.
Report Post Tip

Basically, don't come to the streets with a bullshit reason. If you are going to bother coming to the streets do something the majority of CL's and GF's around here don't know how to do ..

TELL THE TRUTH, GIVE THE REAL REASON OR DON'T COME OUT AT ALL

Report Post Tip
The other New York Gfs felt slighted, they wanted Queens for LF and Siobhan gave them a reason with ignoring them.

Where is the wool, surely anyone can see the truth?
Report Post Tip

If I'm honest, I had encountered Siobhan's communication skills previously, or lack thereof. When a button guy of hers had shot at one of my guys there wasn't much to be said from her. A very half arsed apology which didn't particularly impress me.

Going by this, if it's how she communicated with everyone else then maybe it's not so surprising that her remaining members haven't said a lot about her death. The fact that many of her ex-members haven't been present at her funeral also might say something.

Regardless though, she deserves to rest in peace.

I thank Amethyst for coming out and giving us an explanation, it's always worthwhile listening to the reasons behind the removal of a leader, no matter how petty some may think it is. In this case when all we have are our words, communication really is a massive factor and it can't be neglected.

On a separate note, congratulations to LF!!!!

Report Post Tip
And being the all wise ancestor of Kuku you had the inside scoop yes? Of course you did how silly of me.
Report Post Tip

Once again, check with Squishy. I am not Kuku regurgitated.

Report Post Tip

Would you have preferred the whole crew to have been taken out?

No. I just remarked that not a finger was lifted in defense of Siobhan, when she had people working for her for months. No one really cares. I suppose I'm implying that if I were a CL, I'd be dismayed to find no one cared that I died. Sure, she'll get a few kind remarks at her funeral but no one actually cared.

no one is pulling the wool over anyone's eyes here the fact is when you're superiors after having done you a favour come knocking the decent thing would be to answer wouldn't you agree?

I'm not going to pretend this is the real reason she was killed. You wouldn't even demote a subordinate for failing to message you promptly, much less kill them. I don't really care what the real reason is; I'm simply impressed that everyone just takes it as truth. No one finds it odd that the speech used to explain Siobhan's death is simultaneously being used to move Amethyst's captain into the empty district to GF up? I like the move, personally. This is the kind of stuff I've been hoping for, I just expected a bit more of a response from the people I guess.

mass slaughter of innocents over one or two peoples ignorance was not called for here.

Of course not. New York wants to file all those nice little Queens money-makers into the other NY crews. It'd be foolish to vanquish all those assets when no one would even lift a finger to stop Sio's death. They took a gamble that no one would care, and it paid off. Good stuff. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip
As I said taylor I totally understand where you are coming from really I do but surely the lack of support for Siobahn tells its own story meaning she had obviously lost the respect of those around her and her demise was only a matter of time, I can't comment personally on her as I never had any dealings with her but as they say actions or lack of them speak a thousand words.
Report Post Tip

Nothing here has wool over the eyes stuff going on. I could in fact say more here.. but out of respect to Sio death and her members we chose to stick to the main cause for her demise. All that I have said, all that we have said is the truth. 

I do understand where Taylor is coming from, but it is a damn if we do and damn if we don't case. Had we of had her members shot it then of been 'why are innocent dying?'. We felt they shouldn't pay for reasons we gave. Was it a bit of a risk? Yes it most likely was. 

I am very sorry I could not come out here to give YOU the version of events that YOU feel you know all about when you clearly were not within the walls of where things were or were not happening and the decisions.. hard one I will add was made. 

IF you choose not to believe that, then by all means that is your own right and down to you to decide. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip
Taylor, you don't know how much they care. Going to the streets shouting you disagree isn't necessarily the way to prove your loyalty and honor. Some of the members might not give a damn, while others might truly be sad or angry with what happened, but they just don't feel a public outcry will serve them or their cause well. 

I believe public speaking is good when it contributes towards something. Often a lot of the spoken disagreement on all kinds of matters never results in any actual change. So why do it and have a high chance of becoming an outcast? Sure, it might add towards a sentiment for a topic, but we live a life of results and not of sentiment and awareness.

Feel free to debate, suspect evil or chase democracy, but maybe a career with Internal Affairs for the FBN is the better choice for you then. Don't judge mobsters only by what you see of them in the streets.
Report Post Tip
Cristiano takes the long flight from Savannah to Queens to congratulate LF in her new position. He notices Godmother Amethyst anf Godfather Kyubey explaining the reason behind Siobhans death today he then starts to speak

" For everyone that has decided or is going to bitch and moan about the explanation of Siobhans death I suggest that you don't bother. Godmother Amethyst and Godfather Kyubey don't have to give an explanation but they did and I agree 100% with the removal of Siobhan as how can you trust someone that doesn't even show you the respect of replying to a simple mail. That is disrespect right there and rude to the Godfathers of New York.
Report Post Tip

First off, thank you for coming out and speaking GF's. It is nice to know the reason actions are taken in this life of ours. The only question I have is I have not seen Sio on the last few days as I myself was waiting to speak to her, is 12 hrs ample time?

Report Post Tip

As a side note to my question, I do work night shift so I have different hrs than the normal person.

Report Post Tip

I don't want to go in to much about the reasons for her death to much as I believe they are seriously weak. It is well known through many generations though that if you're in a position such as Godfather Chairman Amethyst and Godfather Kyubey the reasons don't mean shit. If you want someone removed, you remove them. Regardless of whether or not you believe the conspiracy theorists or apparant truths about Don Siobhan not actually having received any mail as previously stated. 

What I did want to touch a little more on though was on the fact that not a single person, a single member of the family disagreed with this or fought in her honour. I simply can't quite place on whether or not that is because Don Siobhan had fallen out of favour with her button men or whether it is a sign of the times and the people were way to worried about losing their own lives, the hard work and effort that got them to where they are today. 

Which ever way you look at that, it is pretty troubling. I can say with certainty that if Don Ajani was removed in such a way, I would be out for revenge. I can also say with certainty that most if not all of our button men at the least would be after the same. This to me is the normal mentality and in my own opinion, it is the right mentality. So why was it the complete reverse in the case of Don Siobhan and her family? This is why so many times in the past we have seen the removal of ALL Made Men and above when removing a crewleader from power.

It has me rather confused. Not to say that there was anything untoward or wrong with the actions taken, rather the severe lack of any retribution from the family members of Don Siobhan's family. 

Report Post Tip

MeyerLansky seems to be mumbling to himself in the front of a nearby dress shop about something Cassi wants to wear when he overheard GF Amethyst speak. After a few people responded, Meyer decided to begin, talking to no one in particular.

I have to agree with Mr. Capone here, but at the same time, it may not be over. Perhaps, and I know this is a stretch, but perhaps the button men from Siobhan's crew prefer to do damage from within.

With a bit of calculation it would be easy to see that this whole removal would not be won, but perhaps the best way to do damage, is as a friend, rather than as a foe. If a whole crew lays down their weapons and allows a new leader to be put in place, those moving from Siobhan to LF may only be moving closer to an enemy, in order to keep tabs and plan to strike. I realize this is a stretch, but perhaps this may be something for GF Amethyst and GF Kyubey to consider. Now while I realize it isn't a great risk, but is definitely something to think about. "Why did my enemy's underlings go without a fight?"

Mayhaps they know something you do not.

Report Post Tip

TIIYAH casually walks around the streets and hears a discussion, of which she find very interesting. valid points were being brought which made her think so she adds her 5 cents in too.

Im not trying to diss anyone by any means, but it is a very strange situation that has happened.

Could it be that she was ignoring her own family, just like she had apparently done to others, which caused her family to seek elsewhere so fast? As being ignored could make a person feel that they are just in a crew and not a family.

But in saying that, i haven't actually conversation with her to know, so it is all speculation from me

TIIYAH goes to sit down to see what other points may come aswell

Report Post Tip

The Arrow comes out from a dark alley way and hears the news of a good friend of his was gunned down. He pulls his arrow and shoots it towards the crowd and it pulls hims closer to them. Perching himself up on the corner of a small building rooftop. He looked down in shock at the excuse of what he had heard.

"You have to be kidding me? More than 12 hours to respond. Well its good to know that the Godfathers care that some people may have to focus on their families in our other world, but hell what would I know I am just a lonely Goomba. I am actually very disappointed with this news. Seems ironic to me how they had a replacement right away for after the removal of Siohban. I thought the 303 was bad I applogize to the dead of the 303 and reconsider my views on them."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Reason for Siobhan's demise
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL