Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 07:22:10
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Tithes and Offerings Started by: Reverend_Al_Sharpton on Jan 03, '15 19:50

Rev. Al walks down the streets of NY, nails nicely manicured, 4 rings on each hand, 3 of his of closest deacons surrounding him protecting him from you low-life, scum of the earth mobsters.

Rev. Al stops and points at a lonely, seemingly scorned women standing on the corner of Lennox and 65th.

Rev. Al sends one of his deacons over after whispering in his ear... "Bring her to me...I must lay hands on her, she looks as if she needs some healing hands. Praise the lord"

Rev. Al takes her off into the alley for a private prayer session. In Al's mind he knew he was doing the right thing, helping people has always been one of his best qualities, he even give the young lady a few dollars to help her through her trails and tribulations after laying hands on her.  

Rev. Al was a good man! Revered in the black community and amongst mobsters.

Rev. Al is a man for the community, for the people. Always looking for a way to take money.....and...use it for a good cause.

Rev. Al raises his hands to quiet the gathering crowd and says

Here! In this spot! In this great city of NY! I will build a church. I will serve the people and I will take your money.....and....rebuild the dignity of this neighborhood! Feed the homeless! And also provide shelter for lonely women who stand on corners all day with no place to call home! I'm Reverend_Al_Sharpton, my church is New Mount Olive Church of Deliverance Divine Tabernacle Outreach Baptist Church of Seven Day Evangelist  and I come to heal the community.

Rev. Al turns to head off down the street but looks back and says

Tithes and Offering are due Sundays during the morning service! God Bless ya brothers and sister!

Report Post Tip

Curtis was walking down the street enjoying the Bustling New York scenery when he saw a teary young lady, a little worse for wear, counting bills on her way out of an alley. The wear on her clothes only topped by the wear on her face, made all the more heavy by the insufficient bills she'd been handed for what she had just endured. Curtis walked over to her and gave her a more adequate payment and a smile to carry away.

Heading back into the street Curtis approached the Reverend.

"Hello Rev. I'm glad to see you've embarked on your pastoral mission to right all the wrongs in the souls of the community. I look forward to seeing your church thrive."

Turning to the small gathering around the reverend, he spoke again.

"For all those who seek intangible emotional solace and want empty pockets in exchange, make sure you slide on down to the Reverend's sermons. He'll be sure to give you as much as you can handle!"

Report Post Tip

Rev greets GF Curtis with a "God Bless ya Boss"

Rev whispers in one of his deacons ear just before the deacon walked over and handed GF Curtis an envelope

Rev says "GF Curtis your Tithes are due on Sunday...I'll be over later for our prayer meeting. You must repent for all the souls you took in this very city. Also this being your city now, It'd be nice to receive a donation for the Church Building Fund, I'll make sure to spend all the money.......on the church that is! Thanks for gracing up with your presence!"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Curtis smiles at the reverend and reaches into his pocket. Drawing out a white envelope he hands it to the preacher.

"There you go my friend, that should buy you a few candles and begging bowls. Maybe some new clothes for your already extravagant wardrobe. .. Heaven forbid it gets spent on anything that may directly benefit your flock."

Winking at Al, he turned and headed back into the street.

Report Post Tip

Katniss finds herself happen to stumble into the reverend. She looks a bit oddly upon him and then looks at his request for Sunday tithes.

You know Reverend.. I'm not one to say doing something is wrong or right, but there's something I have never understood about certain things in a religion such as your own. Why require tithes? Is it not a Reverend's job to be there for the people and to actually live a poorer type life? To be part of the commoners there for them able to relate and give your life to christ not that of luxeries?

She shrugged a bit wondering if the good man of faith could help her understand.

Report Post Tip

I would offer my donation but the name of your church is too long. And I don't trust long names.

Report Post Tip

Rev. Al turns to Katniss, feeling honored a Leader in this thing of ours acknowledged him, saying

Boss Katniss, should I not eat? Should I not dress to impress my congregation? Should I not have the newest vehicle on the market so that I may have a dependable means of transportation to pick up the scorned ladies of the corners and feed them my coc....(clears throat) I mean help them get meals and feed my flock? How would the church be built? How would I be able to help those same ladies on the corners in need of healing hands?

I ask these questions because these services are my job. The Good Book states, "One who is taught the word must share all good things with the one who teaches." It is written that you share the fruits of your labor, therefore I have come so that you may share those fruits with a man of righteousness!

Rev. Al whispers in his deacons ear just before the deacon walked over and handed Boss Katniss an envelope

Boss Katniss make sure to pay your Tithes just as GF Curtis as come forth and done.  May blessings be with you mam and I look forward to seeing you in service!

Rev. Al then looks over at Padrino and says

Brother Padrino! Don't worry about the church name, makes all checks payable to Reverend_Al_Sharpton...I'll make sure to have some fun..... (clears throat) excuse me, I mean the church gets it funds!

Report Post Tip

Ah, alright, you convinced me. Here is my grand donation in the name of the Lord.

Jan 04, 21:25:10 Your accountant has made payment of $1 to Reverend_Al_Sharpton.
Report Post Tip

Katniss looks upon the good reverend and hears his words. She really tries hard not to give a small giggle at his.. almost misstatement. Looking up at him she turns and then walks off. Without looking back she manages her way down to a local store and picks up a loaf of bread, a jug of milk, a few fresh fruits and vegetables and a few small articles of clothing. 

She calmly paid for the items and after doing so she walked back to where she had left him. She was a bit relieved to see him still standing there taking his.. donations.

Katniss gave a small smiles as she handed him the articles she bought and watched as he poked through them and looked at her.

"Oh dear reverend. You were right.. You do need food clothes. You already have the church I see for a roof over your head and a nice car to go visit the community. So I brought you the rest of what you would need. I'll return in a week when your out of the food that I brought. " She gave a warm smile at her tithes and nodded as she looked down at a helpless homeless child that had wandered up to the reverend for help. 

"Oh here.." She broke off a piece of the bread and handed to the youngling. "Don't worry he's a great, caring, reverend. He's happy to share." She smiled at the child and then looked back at the reverend.

"I can get use to this tithing stuff! See you next Sunday good sir."

Report Post Tip

Having watched the good Reverend_Al_Sharpton wax eloquent about the virtue of the virtueless, JohnRodham stepped off the curb and into the street. Slowly he began to circle the reverend, musing at the sight which filled his eyes.

"You speak Sir, with the sweetness of fresh honeysuckle on the Summer vine. Truly you must be sent from above to grace our stricken streets with the fruit from the vine of God. Perhaps it is our duty to repay in kind and fill your pock.... collection plates with the fruits of our labor. No, I think not, and have care to mark that I hold Godfather Curtis in the highest regard but for you I speak a simple truth. I, and I alone stand as the prophet Elijah on Mount Carmel against the 450 of Baal."

John paused to look over the weary gatherers and take pity on them for their longstanding.

"Me, I herald a new world under the Godmother Maria and the Don PaulHeyman. I have no church for which to support and I only follow the teachings of the streets. My tithes I pay to the family that has made me what I am. To the sheep of your flock I heed to be wary, Wolves come laid in fur and fleece until their grins reveal teeth."

John reaches out to feel the fabric of the good Reverends gaudy overcoat between his thumb and forefinger.

"That is fine material Sir. Is it lambskin?"

John turns and walks away, not caring to cast another glance backwards.

Report Post Tip

Rev. Al takes a look at his Sable Coat and dusted off the fingerprints of JohnRodham, the self-proclaimed student of the streets.

The Reverend than proceeded gathering all the belonging Boss Katniss bought for the small orphans and directed one of his Deacons to take them to Rev Al's GoodWill Spending drift store located in the basement of the church to be sold at an extremely reasonable price from the one she paid at the retail store.

Rev. Al takes a looks at his Rolex and looks back at the crowd saying

Looks like time to pass around the collection plate for the Community Uplift Fund. Give heftily people for this community is our community and we must support if!

Report Post Tip

Barney was walking down the street when he saw a large man walking around followed by a few guards. He walked over to him to see what was going on.

Report Post Tip

Rev. Al walks up to Barney_Ross and extends his hand, the gleam of sun rays reflected off of Rev. Al's many rings. Rev. Al nods for the Deacon to give Barney his envelope

Barney you seem like a man lost seeking guidance. It is that reason I feel the Lord has created this encounter. You should do as the Lord has encouraged us to do, Tithes and Offerings so that blessing may be bestowed upon you. God bless ya brother. Make all checks payable to Reverend_Al_Sharpton and not New Mount Olive Church of Deliverance Divine Tabernacle Outreach Baptist Church of Seven Day Evangelist

Report Post Tip

strolling up the street, Chun_Li notices the Reverend_Al_Sharpton doing a bit of ministry work. As she walked past, the Reverend waved, his many rings and Rolex gleaming in the afternoon sun. Chun_Li acknowledged the Reverends greeting as she walked by, all the while thinking it strange that the Reverend would flaunt such wealth while seeking  donations for his  New Mount Olive Church of Deliverance. Chun_Li had a healthy belief in our divine savior, but she couldn't help wondering how much of the donations that seemed to pour into the new church actually went towards the churches needs..

Report Post Tip

The "Reverend" greeted him and handed him an envelope.

Barney then says to the man, "The money that I make is mine, not yours. You're pretty pathetic begging for money for your "church" as you call it. No doubt it's all for you."

Barney hands him his envelope back, stares him dead in the eye for a second, and then walks away.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Rev. Al watches Chun_Li walk by, admiring the size of her booty....I mean beautiful long coat that she wore.

Rev. Al approached Chun_Li

You look in need of spiritual guidance and blessings. Would you like me to lay hands on you?

While speaking with Chun_Li, Rev. Al noticed the stare that Barney_Ross had laid on him and motioned for one of his Deacons to follow the man.

Report Post Tip

Barney starts walking away and hears quiet footsteps behind him....he know that the "Reverend" would send one of his "deacons" after him after that. He laughed a little as he passed a store window and saw a glimpse of the "deacon" in it. He slowly pulls his Kimber out of it's holster and slowly turned around to face the man...the man started to reach for his gun, but Barney had already shot him six times and he was dead before he hit the ground. He placed his gun in its holster and kept walking to where he was originally going.

Report Post Tip

Chun_Li hears the "Reverend" approach from behind her. She stops and turns, ready to show this so called man of god she could take care of herself with a well placed kick that would land him on his well fed ass..

Now hold on, I just wanted to offer you a few minutes of prayer and some spiritual guidance. He started to lift a hand which she deftly avoided..

"Do not lay your hands on me. I have no need for your false prayers, or empty words of spiritual wisdom. YOU are the one in need of spiritual guidance, taking advantage of the poor and under privileged within this community. Surely you're familiar with Romans 2:21, You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach thou shall not steal, do you steal?"

As Chun_Li turns and walks off, she tears in two the envelope the Reverend had handed her and lets it fly into the cold wind..

Report Post Tip

Barney had heard Chun_Li hollering at the "Reverend" from down the block. He turned and started walking back to see if she was alright.

Report Post Tip

As Chun_Li continued waking up the block, she noticed a man approaching her, inquiring if she was ok..she acknowledged that she was indeed alright. She had thought to ask the man for a recommendation of a place to get a bite to eat, but instead, whispered "nice shot" and continued walking.. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Tithes and Offerings
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL