Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 01:39:51
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Food for Thought Started by: stillnotsorry on Jan 27, '15 23:43

stillnotsorry smiles at the title of his speech and clears his throat before continuing: 

So it usually in the aftermath of wars and take downs that the public receive some kind of speech (if they're "lucky enough") outlining the reasons from the victors perspective, usually heavily embellished and often <redacted>. Unfortunately I don't have those answers and I think it would do a great disservice to all those in Godmother Inertia's family, district and further afield to provide them. I've no doubt she's being called all kinds of lovely names behind her back about this, that and manipulation throw in somewhere..probably. Perhaps a relative of her's will give us the answers we seek, I personally have a pretty good idea though and I'd imagine those "in the know" do too, especially those that fell with her. I hear this has been the best part of two weeks in the making (and as far back as understating gun strength another month back). Quite amusing how that works, King of Noobs Silvio-Dante was heralded for his "go out shooting" attitude and lambasted for his poor planning. Godmother Inertia pretty much had both on point as well as can be expected numbers considering and yet is purely lambasted - was it worth it? Depends if you fancy waiting for the day you get shot in your sleep ala Las Vegas, Spunky et al. Enough rambling though. Godmother Inertia made the decision along with her upper structure on her own and I doubt has any regrets.   

So where does this leave the world then and what direction is it heading in moving forward. A quick look back to my fathers thoughts currently has him at 3/6 so far with the rest still looking promising. A few observations about the dynamic and it's dramatic change after today's events, I can't promise I'll stick around for the discussion though, depends how many colours and big words the descendant of Setanta uses.

• Chicago undoubtedly runs the show now and they know it. I was told that Godfather - Chairman Ajani was heard boasting to his "RHM in training" about how he was "the most powerful Godfather in the game," possibly to compensate for other areas? Who knows. The real question is how much longer is Aliens willing to sit in the shadows under Kelly_Kapowski and Ajani acting like a Godfather without getting the recognition. Everyone know's that it's just Chicago trying to not act like it's making power plays by sending all the noobs to Detroit but I can't imagine (knowing Aliens bloodline) that he'll feel comfortable waiting in the wings much longer. 

• Godfather Tetley has now taken the role of "Chairman." I expect him to send off BlackBetty to one of the PH districts, but does he trust WeepingAngel enough yet to get the other one or will he keep her on ice under him. The smart thing for him would be to keep her there but eventually she'll get restless. There is only so long you can sit under a Godfather you don't care about with absolutely no company left due to the death of Godmother Inertia. P.s. Have they let you on the IA yet WeepingAngel? 

• Las Vegas is well the new Philly. They'll sit and slowly build those cap killers, what else do they have to do? Obviously be "vital" in wars by bodyguard waving the last remaining "rogue" entity from the war. I hear rumours that Aliens is (surprise surprise) paranoid about the cap killers they have in LV and I would be too. That and the city is also a safe haven for prowackers and rogues due to the wet behind the earsness of the current crew leaders. I suspect they'll stick around for a rainy day. 

• Nobody is joining Curtis in New York so why is he the Chairman? The benefits only extend as far as his city so I assume it must be an ego kind of thing. He seems smart enough and I suspect has already seen the writing on the wall with regards to Chicago. Naturally I'm sure he'll be out soon enough with his long winded beats around the bush but he has an experienced group of Mafioso riding with him. Those whispers will only get louder as time goes on until such a time that he must act. And I get the impression he's not the kind of man that waits for death to come knocking. 

Probably some very interesting conversations going on behind closed doors once again and my sons look forward to helping one side or the other. I'd say throw some salt on me but I'm already super salty, apparently. Investing too much time and care into this world, naturally those at the office hall with the statistics would probably give a different opinion but it's whatever. 

stillnotsorry whistles and waits for the over enthusiastic public denials and inevitable public outcries of peace and blah blah blah. 

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

First things first, usually the attacker writes the speech because they succeed so don't assume there'll be a speech from the victors. It's a lot harder to really say anything other than... they attacked us so we killed them and RIP to the fallen except that cunt HubertCapone when writing a victorious defender's speech...

Chicago undoubtedly runs the show now and they know it. I was told that Godfather - Chairman Ajani was heard boasting to his "RHM in training" about how he was "the most powerful Godfather in the game," possibly to compensate for other areas? Who knows. The real question is how much longer is Aliens willing to sit in the shadows under Kelly_Kapowski and Ajani acting like a Godfather without getting the recognition. Everyone know's that it's just Chicago trying to not act like it's making power plays by sending all the noobs to Detroit but I can't imagine (knowing Aliens bloodline) that he'll feel comfortable waiting in the wings much longer. 

Any leader who doesn't tell his closest allies he's going places is a shit leader going no where. I know there have been CLs in much worse positions who have thought the same sort of things to themselves and probably told a few close allies. As for Aliens... there are open districts everywhere so I highly doubt if he was in a huge hurry to get his own district that he'd really have to wait with the entire city of LA open and most of NY.

Godfather Tetley has now taken the role of "Chairman." I expect him to send off BlackBetty to one of the PH districts, but does he trust WeepingAngel enough yet to get the other one or will he keep her on ice under him. The smart thing for him would be to keep her there but eventually she'll get restless. There is only so long you can sit under a Godfather you don't care about with absolutely no company left due to the death of Godmother Inertia. P.s. Have they let you on the IA yet WeepingAngel?

I'm once again sure that you're forgetting the sheer number of open districts. Honestly, I'd hope for Tetley's sake they're on decent terms because if he planned to kill WA and kept her in his district if he/she wanted out he'd be risking agitating someone into making a move against him and then letting them live in his backyard.

Las Vegas is well the new Philly. They'll sit and slowly build those cap killers, what else do they have to do? Obviously be "vital" in wars by bodyguard waving the last remaining "rogue" entity from the war. I hear rumours that Aliens is (surprise surprise) paranoid about the cap killers they have in LV and I would be too. That and the city is also a safe haven for prowackers and rogues due to the wet behind the earsness of the current crew leaders. I suspect they'll stick around for a rainy day.

I can't tell if in your speech you're trying to black label LV as the next group going to suicide mission/kill CH or give them a heads up that they're next... without any proof of that sort of thing. Either way, bravo, anyone who takes you seriously just might kill them (which I would hope would be on one based on your lack of logic) so I hope that was your intent in this seemingly mostly anti-CH/NY/Tetley speech.

Nobody is joining Curtis in New York so why is he the Chairman? The benefits only extend as far as his city so I assume it must be an ego kind of thing. He seems smart enough and I suspect has already seen the writing on the wall with regards to Chicago. Naturally I'm sure he'll be out soon enough with his long winded beats around the bush but he has an experienced group of Mafioso riding with him. Those whispers will only get louder as time goes on until such a time that he must act. And I get the impression he's not the kind of man that waits for death to come knocking.

Anyone dumb enough to pass on any kind advantage at all is an idiot so I'd venture it has more to do with not being an idiot than an ego trip.  If you're also the sort who thinks that people are really killed off for their street presences anymore, you're greatly mistaken. This game's been evolved passed that for quite some time and my bloodline is a bright and shining example of that. Although it's possible, it's highly unlikely based on how far so many have recently gone in stretching the notions of what is and isn't okay so the dude probably realizes he has no reason to fret from just his speech presence.

The interesting conversations going on behind closed doors are probably "how do we get back to business as usual" or a continuation of conversations that had previously been going on... because that's how MR politics work. So if someone was planning to make a move, they'll move. Otherwise it's back to business as usual. Only time will tell on that one... but with that many open districts it'd really probably be more of a move out of spite than anything and I'd hope current day leaders are smart enough to keep track of who would and wouldn't do that sort of thing at the top.

And all this is coming from someone completely out of the loop on current MR politics so... thanks for nothing.

Report Post Tip

I think the most interesting part of this whole thing is that we get to see if these so-call "Old School" gangsters are worth a dollar to their own words, or if they will choke up upon it's shaft after the "old school" ways they've promised to bring us. What exactly do I mean with that?

Well, this is the same "old school" group that prides themselves off keeping to the old ways. Frankly, I think they'll choke up of the hypocriticy of their own words, and slobber all the way from tip to bottom. 

Today, Godfather Ajani should honestly be ashamed of what has happened to him. Not only did he lose his biggest alliance in Philly, and the boulder in the path to everyones' loyalty, but he lost what the "old school" people should really be looking at. Remember all the bitching about how crewleaders and Godfather's are responsible for their hands? Let's see if these "old school" gangster hold their values above all else, or if the hypocrites will brush it under the rug like cheap old dirt. My bets are they will lift the rug.

Aliens and Kelly are the paranoid train of disaster, anyone with eyes can see that. They're better at killing their own crews and district over anything else, and for no other reason than 'your anscestor was with friends with this anscestor". Their own district will hate them, and give up on them in due process, because people can only take so much shit before they break. Especially from them and their shit eating ways.

Here are the cold hard facts of it all, that don't have the current answers:

• Will Ajani be held accountable for his rogue LHM, like this current group has always preached? Or will the "old schoolers" choke on their own shaft? Doubtful. Curtis is about as strong as a solo turd in a fishbowl. Tetly is unorganized and lazy in nature.
  • When will Aliens kill Syndey in Las Vegas? It's common knowledge that he wants to kill her for being useless and building a city full of pillow fluffers. If you don't believe this, maybe you should ask his own RHM that he shot today for no good reason? The truth is in the bread and butter, with those who know it and have seen it with their very own eyes.
  • Will Curtis continue to try and forge the country into his own image when his backup and alliance were practically slaughtered into nonexistence? He likes to talk the talk, but will the walk continue to have a pep in its step? You tried telling Godmother Inertia who she could and couldn't make her Made Men, thus enforcing your rules.... Guess we see how well it is to try and tell another Godmother how to run her district? I'm guessing she didn't take too kindly to a Godfather trying to regulate her district.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"Y u mad bro?"

Is something we should always ask ourselves. I mean, comon' as our way of life has seen time and time again. People will rise, and people will fall. Its the life cycle, you live and you die. Its up to you what you do when your alive. I actually applaud the attacking side on the victory, as it was them first to take a shot for what reason they see fit, as the Godfathers of this land. I just dont understand where your going with this? Truthly, if you dont like how the way things turned out, you can refer to a saying I've seen in my ancestors' beliefs, 'Rank up and do something about it.' Because when it gets down to the nitty-gritty, we can all safely say it has to do with power. That and money is what interests us the most. Thats what the Mafias all about.

marijuana takes 2 more puffs of a joint after speaking his part

Report Post Tip

Daemon comes across an odd man rambling away in the streets in the aftermath of the war. Nevertheless, he listens intently to what he and the others had to say. He nods in agreement to WhereWasI.

WhereWasI pretty much nailed it when he said that the victors had no obligation to make a speech if they weren't the ones who attacked. It is usually the attackers, or kin of the attackers in this case, who come forward with the reasons they've dug up to justify the actions of their predecessors. That's how things work in our world as far as I know.

He scratches his head.

Eh you accuse Godfather Ajani of "boasting" to his RHM, the proof of which you obviously do not have. Why stir up rumors as such built on loose sand? It's very true that a lie can run around the world before the truth has got it's boots on. If you've come out to make an accusation, make sure you've built some solid ground for it, mate. Food for thought.

Report Post Tip

I haven't really heard anyone calling the late Inertia names behind her back, and even if they were, I doubt that they wouldn't say the same things to her face. Personally, given that she sold her entire family down the river on this little suicide mission, I think names like "selfish" and "idiotic" would be the most accurate descriptions. To show such disregard for the lives of your own family is a disgrace and that speaks volumes to me, far louder than any feeble reasoning ever could, although it is difficult to hear much over all the slobbering going on. 

Whilst I'm sure this move is celebrated in some quarters, as for some inexplicable reason we do love ourselves someone who "goes down fighting" even if that occurs during the course of their dereliction of duty as a Don and Godfather, I will instead spare a thought for the many friends of ours who are now in the ground thanks to the (lack of) leadership of one individual. You deserved better. 

As to the rest of the pot-stirring being done, the only bit that has any semblance of truth to it is the one about Curtis being as strong as a solo turd in a fishbowl. He is actually very deficient physically, so shrewd observation there. 

Report Post Tip

After the war against New York and the unfortunate death of Godfather Gravity, his district was taken over by Tetley, who came from the family of Godmother Whatsername. Maybe Godmother Inertia felt uncomfortable being between these two? Maybe she felt that the unity in PH was gone and that it was a matter of time before she would be taken out. Personally I would have done the same thing as she did, that is unite with others and do as much damage as possible before eventually dying after tough resistance.

Suicide mission (they are the best) or not, I think accomplished what she wanted to accomplish.

Report Post Tip

What she accomplished was the decimation of her entire family. Forgive me if I'm not leading the applause for her doing so as it is the exact opposite of what a leader is supposed to do.

Report Post Tip

Applause is not necessary. A leader is supposed to do what he/she thinks best.  If she felt that sooner or later she would be killed (I wouldn't know all the details) and that she would rather go out with a bang and kill her supposed rivals/enemies, I can appreciate that.

Despite it causing the decimation of her family it also hurt Philadelphia (and other cities through the actions of her allies) in a severe way. 

Report Post Tip

You can try to dress the situation up in whatever pretty little justifying ribbons you want, but none of them will ever change the reality that her family was obliterated as a result of her actions. A leader has a duty first and foremost to their family and embarking upon a conflict that results in the loss of every single life entrusted to you is not leadership. In fact, it's not even close. And if you think hurting Philadelphia is worth that betrayal, then you wouldn't be much a leader either. 

Report Post Tip

I don't think the situation needs justification at all. I would have done the exact same, if that would make me a bad leader so be it. At least I would have gone out with a bang and got the first strike (if I had strong suspicions about being taken out). 

Report Post Tip

Morning after war where Sheldons father lose his life,Sheldon heard intersting conversation

in streets,to some of that storry Sheldon just laugh but some of them were very intresting and worth of thinking

but all of this storys asked only one questions,So Sheldon asked:

"Mate by you story there is all about hunger for positions,you almost say that no one from leaders

take care for they family members,by my expirience thats not true,because my blood line was with some

of this leaders,and in my opinion here is few of them that I think they care more about family then them selfs"

And all this story that we heard about war and some peoples that involved even if they dont live anymore

for me are funny,how someone can tell you what to do or what  not to do,if he or she is not alive anymore???

Report Post Tip

Barry, with all due respect, you're making a pretty big assumption that Godmother Inertia worked alone and consulted no-one prior to acting. Perhaps Inertia had heard whispers about her own demise being imminent and decided to strike first to ensure any type of plotting against her was ultimately a costly one. I know my father lost none of the respect he had for his Godmother when she chose her path, and like Sovvyyy - I too would have made the same call.

Also, to touch on your opinion that a pre-emptive strike makes someone a bad leader; New York was decimated by people who were trusted by the upper echelon in NY. Does that make the former leaders in NY "good leaders" because they resisted the urge to protect their power, in turn costing all the NY residents their lives? Or were they "bad leaders" because they were decimated having not struck first?

Had Inertia been around to tell the tale, would she be heralded as a hero for successfully guiding Bella Vista to an impressive victory against a stronger foe? Whereas now you have labelled her "selfish" or "idiotic", would you consider her brave and forward-thinking, had the PH alliances not come forth to assist, and she had been victorious?

Being a mere thug, I can only speculate, however I doubt things are as black and white as "She sent her whole district to die for no reason".

Report Post Tip

LittleSovvyyyI'm not sure how much mileage there is in us going back and forth on this as we clearly have significantly different expectations of our leaders. I like mine to do their utmost to protect their family, where as you like them to "go out with a bang", which I frankly find to be a pathetic rationale for approximately 30-40 people who have trusted them losing their lives. 

CarmineFalcone, my opinion is not that "a pre-emptive strike makes someone a bad leader", nor have I ever suggested that at any point in time. My opinion is that ordering a pre-emptive strike which results in your entire family being eradicated not only makes you a bad leader, it makes you a complete and utter failure as one. Your duty as a leader is to protect your family, so if you can explain to me how your family being killed, to a man, as a direct result of your actions, is indicative of good leadership, then I'm all ears.

Report Post Tip

My point was that it was likely that Godmother Inertia felt she was going to die soon (and her district alongside her), which would not be entirely wrong to think from what I've heard (in this street corner and elsewhere). So these people would have died anyway, but now their district managed to get the first strike. 

In the end I think people should be their for their district and leader, not the other way around. If I was in Godmother Inertia's crew and if I figured out what was going to happen, I would support her and fight with her to the death.

Report Post Tip

Barry, they were given a choice about whether they wanted to stay and fight or leave and live. Many of them chose to stand with Bella and go out with a bang, there was at least one case of someone leaving and I can respect that. The important thing to note though was that no one was forced into fighting. They fought willingly and they fought well because they wanted to help. That's really all that needs to be said.

Report Post Tip

When was this choice presented?

Report Post Tip

Agree or disagree Godmother Inertia is not the 1st to take that road and i have no doubt she will not be the last.

Many have taken that road and some have ended either with a whimper or a bang we can take noob Valmont who led his city to war against Godfather Deadlysin and Godfather Marston and not manage to kill any of his targets while the bloodline of ginsters sits and trys to stir the pot against the bloodline of silvio atleast he killed his target in godfather desmand a shot that only those from a defunct group where angry about the rest of the world thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Around the start of the war. You can't exactly go blabbing about a war before a war starts now can you? It should be noted, however, that they could have left at any time after that. Instead many chose to jump in and fight. Inertia chose a time to strike carefully to try her best to ensure they could actually have a chance to leave if they chose to. Of course it's never going to be perfect, as not everyone is around at the same time, but a choice was given.

Report Post Tip

Kurgan, can you define 'the rest of the world' for me? I remember that other people than those part of the group Desmand was in were 'angry' (in want of a better word, sad or disappointed perhaps?) about his death. I do remember that you were quite angry at Desmand's kin and his group after Visas died (if I am not mistaken, you called him a mongrel?).  So let's not talk about people being angry now, shall we?

And at least Godmother Inertia and her allies manged to kill their targets.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Food for Thought
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL