Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 20:03:33
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Going out with a bang? Started by: Daemon on Jan 28, '15 21:48

Olyvar, that is a very fair point but it's definitely one of those "it won't happen to me" situations and hindsight is a cruel bitch.

I would argue that it would be common sense for any Godfather or crewleader to take a pro shot if a 'rogue' district is killing mobsters from several different districts. It think it is not very smart if you don't take a pro shot because you're thinking that 'it won't happen to me', when people are dying all around you.

Report Post Tip

Agreed, Sovereign. But given the specific situation being discussed, now my memory could be failing me, it seemed as if this was all contained to Philly.. up until the point when the Godfather died. I believe a couple other people outside of Philly died before him, but it was a matter of minutes between them. So while it would be a good move to consider if it was known that the attackers were attacking outside of their initial targets, but in this case I believe it came as a surprise.

I'm sure if time could be turned back, and things done differently, changes would have been made and precautions would have been taken.

Report Post Tip

Bigby, take your head out of your ass so you can read and listen proper please. Where did I say he would not help me? Not one spot, thanks. I said and I fucking quote.

I am sure you are not sure. Only way one could be sure is being the person them selves, knowing how they would act. Don't speak on someones behalf which you do not know of.

Do you know what that means? Let me help you understand, since your so narrow minded and numb. It means, you do not know what he would do. Why? because you are not him, you know it all fool. Just because he came from me, doesn't I don't expect him to jump like a dog when I say jump. He is a man, he had a mind and a mouth for him self. So stop trying to act all smart saying you what other people know. I made a choice to jump in a war I was not involved in? Clearly when you say the words blind, idiot and moron your staring in a mirror. How does it look by the way I ask? When people implant a incog snake in a family that leaves and fires on someone, that involves me directly instantly. Wake the fuck up. 

Report Post Tip

She stumbles  into the debate and asks,"Is killing a GF a stepping stone to acquiring the place of GF?    

Exits in despair over another matter at hand   

Report Post Tip

going out with a bang

Report Post Tip

My apologies Godmother Sydney, if you have mistaken my statement as being rude. And you're right, I was just speaking based on assumption, and I can never be entirely sure of whatever I have stated. Calling out the magnificent city of Las Vegas, was never my intention.

But given the specific situation being discussed, now my memory could be failing me, it seemed as if this was all contained to Philly.. up until the point when the Godfather died. I believe a couple other people outside of Philly died before him, but it was a matter of minutes between them.

My point exactly, no one expected that to happen and hence I naturally assumed that no one had taken precautions until that point. Everyone assumed that Philly was on a glorified warpath (as was spoken by their next of kin), to take down the people who had "wronged" them. And since the attackers reeked of ex-members of a particular clique, I'm willing to bet that everyone thought that Godmother Inertia was hoodwinked into attacking whoever the clique as a whole held grudges against. But the death of Louis-Man, who had nothing to do with anything, nothing that I know of anyway, came off a surprise or rather a wake-up call to those who thought that they were safe, and that the suicide mission was indeed a major rogue fest.

Report Post Tip

Is it different from rogueing? I want to say yes and no. I almost feel like it is rogueing in a sense as you're going against the norms, especially of a typical war, but at the same time it is a standard war more or less. You just go in expecting not to make it out, instead of being in it to win it if you will. I feel like that's the main difference between a typical war and "going out with a bang" as people put it. So no, I don't really feel like it's rogueing, but rather a different style of war.

RevyLaBelle, I found this statement of yours quite intriguing. It makes sense too, but only while assuming that the aggressors chose to hit only select targets, and the "war" is contained within the districts/cities involved. However, if the scenario comprises of multiple random shootings of mobsters from other cities who were not even remotely involved, would you still stand by your point that it's not different from rogueing? Please do not dwell on the recent incident alone, there have been many occasions in which this has been repeated.

Report Post Tip

No need for apologies, Daemon. I did not find your words to be the slightest bit offensive.

I wish I could give you the answers you seek on why a man who was unrelated to the war would be taken out, but sadly with the offenders dead and gone the only thing that can be offered is assumptions on why. It is becoming quite common though when people know they are going down to just shoot at whatever they can hit that is unpro'd, related to the war or not. It's nothing new, but I do see it happening more and more. 

Report Post Tip

I wasn't surprised with any of the deaths that happened; everyone could be a target/victim in this 'suicide' war. Bella Vista simply decided to.. Well, war everyone. If anyone thought they were safe they were foolish. Even in a war which doesn't include my district I do not feel safe at all. There is a war going on and you just might be dragged into it, somehow. More so with this little suicide mission.

Report Post Tip

Also Sydney, I would say that no-one was unrelated to the war; if you are shot you are involved in the war, unwilling or not. The point was to do as much damage as possible, and yes, hitting everyone who looks or is (semi)important is part of that.

Report Post Tip
The main question that I have is...why do innocents suffer at the hands of so-called gangsters? In the old country it was very simple. One would declare war in the streets. Doing this would place all at risk that were within hostile cities. Yes many will say it is the element of suprise. However, being gangster isn't about a suprise delivery of freshly baked cookies. It is about standing face to face with the enemy and putting two in the chest and one in the head.

I think a lot of the Rouge mass killings...that is what they are...are cowardly attacks on those that are not aware of a so-called beef. The admins attempted to dissuade this type of violence by inventing the Duel aspect of the game.

Start being a gangster and duel with those you want to take out or declare it is in the streets.
Report Post Tip

Or you know, you can not inform the enemy you are going to kill them all and just kill them?

What you suggest sounds silly to do, in my ears at least.

Report Post Tip
A sneak attack with ones back being turned!

Now that sounds very gangster.
Report Post Tip

I would say it s more of a 'Kick the door in and shoot everyone in the room' thing than a sneak attack. It was quite obvious what happened.

Report Post Tip
Well I would have to disagree. There were innocents who suffered because some did not know how to control their guns. My father was one of the innocents gunned down in cold blood. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was his fault for sitting at the airport when the planes were grounded.

I think the major issue is that some need to stop serving coffee and cake during a war. As many can not take the side effects from sugar not caffeine.
Report Post Tip

There are no innocents in the mafia; we all (should) expect to die eventually. There are murders committed with good reasons and their are some with shady reasons. If there's a war, there is the possibility to die, even if your district isn't (or initially wasn't) involved.

Report Post Tip
This I know. I am just thinking maybe you are not understanding S. Shadiness and treachery is always afoot in these cities. The point that I have been trying to make is as gangsters, be gangsters...not cowards.

I think that is as plain as I could make it.

We all know that death is a real possibility not only in the game, but even real life.

Also nothing of what I have said above is for interpretation, but merely my opinion and you have shown me yours. This doesn't mean my opinion will change. I am glad you did take it down this path because that is where I had corralled you. We have seen in this world that many are upset when their idea or opinion is trampled. This is a plague within our society...a society of entitlement!!!! When one feels that they have been bested they take to the streets in anger with no real reason, but to cause mayhem and destruction. This is not the way of the mafia, but the way of a tyrannical group of terrorists. What we saw the other day was because someone was upset. It was tossed together over anger. Was it effective?

I say it did take a lot of folks out. Some that possibly needed to be back toward the bottom, but that isn't the point I am making.
Report Post Tip

I am not intending to cause mayhem or destruction, just sharing my opinion with others, just like you are doing.  I think the attackers got what they wanted to accomplish, which was to cause as many deaths and destruction as possible before their inevitable death. 

Report Post Tip

Bunk puts on a tin hat and decides to speak in this discussion. He makes his way to the front and clears his throat.

"Well going out with a bang, eh? Well my bloodline knows all about that. I have heard many opinions about what's selfish and how it will get everyone killed. If you were about to be killed anyway and the district wiped out then surely getting a strike in before you go down is justified."

"As has happened in this war knocking around with no protection and being in the same district as someone who is going to shoot at the top shot they can get you are asking for trouble. In a war, no one is safe, people always get caught in the crossfire."

Bunk lights a cigar and blows out the smoke and continues.

"For my father it was about more than the 'going out with a bang'. It was as he was told he had no say in anything despite being a Godfather and being told on three separate occasions after the fact about wars and take-downs in those any of the people in his district could have been shot by the people being taken out as we were not informed, and the fact his RHM was removed for dubious reasons and his bloodline still being hunted to this day. Trust goes both ways, you can't expect it if you don't give it, so going out with a bang not really ranked up and did something before he was the next victim of one of the worst chapters that our world has seen, so much that the gods themselves felt they needed to be heard." 

Bunk steps down ready for the rotten fruit to be thrown.

Report Post Tip
Yes Sovereign I whole heartedly agree with that statement and indeed destruction to a great degree.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Going out with a bang?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL