Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 22:25:39
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Going out with a bang? Started by: Daemon on Jan 28, '15 21:48

Yes, Ajani. A rouge was implanted in your family, and implanted as your LHM (RHM in training). 

Now you sound even more like a moron. No one made you choose your LHM, you gave it to someone that you boasted to all the time over nonsense bullshit, and someone that you obviously trusted or they would've never been in that spot to begin with. That was all YOUR decision, no one else like you try to put off the blame.

No one implanted shit, so quit being what you were calling everyone the day of the war: A child. You just don't want to take responsibility for your own misdeeds, and blame it on people implanting people in your crew, when that was never the case, the person as your LHM has been in The Loop since the beginning of Jono's run. So take responsibility for your fuck-ups and don't blame them on anyone else but yourself.

You have nothing to worry about anyway. This group of 'old schoolers' aren't worth the dollar to their words. They hit the streets in a public outcry to try and get Jeddy killed for his hand's misdeeds, they will sit in the corner and eat their own shit out of the jar this time. Because I doubt they will speak up like they use to about how you should die for your LHM roguing, and make speeches about how if it was them, they'd so it 'old school' way and it would all be strictly business and no play.

Hypocrites, the whole lot of you, to be honest. You can't back up a word that you've preached. Makes you think whether you should've really began to preach it or not, if you can't live up to your own words.

Report Post Tip
He was never going to be a rhm after the vibes he gave. And yes they are children. Also I offered myself up to all the godfathers in power, again ignorance is bliss.
Report Post Tip

Forgive me Godfather, but I don't think we are all grown-up mobsters here, not children. Surely we can disagree with other people's opinions without resorting to call them children? I personally feel that is quite a low and petty insult to throw around. Goes for both sides, of course.

Report Post Tip

One liners from a Godfather is more ignorance than bliss, to be honest.

And not worthy of an intelligent reply back. But hey, you're famous for coming to the streets with nothing more than a few lines to speak, keep up the great work.

Report Post Tip
I'm to busy to be bothered with a bitter troll. And I don't do one liners in the streets generally either. Again ignorance my child.
Report Post Tip
Bigby: "You're a shitty Godfather when you come to the streets and give out one liners"

Ajani: "I don't do one liners in the streets." (As he does a one liner)

Bibgy gives up on having any sort of intelligent debate, conversation, or argument.
Report Post Tip
Bigby: "You're a shitty Godfather when you come to the streets and give out one liners"  
Ajani: "I don't do one liners in the streets." (As he does a one liner)  
Bibgy gives up on having any sort of intelligent debate, conversation, or argument.

Looks like someone wants to argue, just for the sake of argument! And nothing more! Ajani being the GF-Chairman, along with the rest of the GF's about cleaned up a silly mess caused by BV. Now much can be said about the leaders of BV and there decision to scarify everyone under their rule. But long story short...The Kat GF and the rest of the council, cleaned house! Kicked some butt! And went back to take their cat nap! And you'r just siting here wanting to argue because you just don't like the peace from all the napping and quietness! 

Wonders along to go take his nap!!! 

Report Post Tip

Denam listens carefully to the words of Ajani and Bigby. He smiles, recognizing Ajani's flair for the laconic to deal with an insolent, unsponsored Gangster. It seems some people don't know how to talk to Godfathers anymore. Denam nods his support to Ajani before providing his thoughts.

I'd hate to interrupt the absurdity unraveling at Godfather Ajani's expense, but- Well, no. I do want to interrupt it. It's foolish, disrespectful, and devalues the merits of the conversation and its contributions.

Our history is riddled with instances of both going silently into the night and going out with a bang. I can't say that one is better than the other, or that one is right and one is wrong. What I can say, however, is my thoughts on the topic. We have a top-down society. While it is the responsibility of a crew leader to protect his men, it is not his purpose. His purpose is founded and developed by himself, and therefore I cannot say that going out with a bang or not suits that purpose. What I can say, however, is that the people who belong to his crew exist to maintain and pursue that purpose; not the other way around.

Crew leaders don't set up to provide a service to the masses; they are here to make money. They are leaders of crime syndicates and they do not have time for soft hearts. It's a business after all, not a charity. So they should treat their members like investments; mentor and nurture them to the degree at which they work efficiently and diligently. Leaders can even be friends with their members. But do not twist things; they are in your crew. They do not define the purpose of the crew, the leader does. So if that purpose goes from "growth" to "burn a district to the ground," that is the prerogative of the leader. It's clear that the repercussions of such actions may destroy the crew, but all crews are destroyed eventually. It is better for the crew to be destroyed pursuing the purpose of their own crewleader than die because of another crewleader's bold endeavors.

Report Post Tip

The 'out with a bang' attitude is sickening to me on a personal level. It is just an example of the endemic manner in which the Bourgeoisie elite feel they can act how they please without considering the needs or the concerns of the proletariat, and although Inertia came unstuck she did a significant amount of damage to the underclasses - many of whom were her responsibility.

For me, any leader who 'goes out with a bang' is an incapable leader, and not even from a moral standpoint but from the point of view of simple strategy. If you want to have a war and you lack the strength to undertake it yourself or the diplomacy to bring in a sufficient number of allies to win, don't have the fucking war. It is a basic tenet of the guerrilla warfare I am so famed for carrying out, but you can go as far back as Sun Tzu to know that if you can't win a fight, don't have the fight. Frankly, you shouldn't need a military strategist to tell you that.

When you undertake a war that you cannot possibly win, you do so for one of two reasons. One: you are scared, panicky and paranoid that you need to move first; lest your aggressors move on you. Unless you are 100% certain that they will attack you, you are trading possible death for certain death. How sure do you have to be to take that kind of risk? Well, if I was throwing my district and its entire population onto the roulette table for that kind of gamble I'd have to be pretty fucking confident. I think it's still relevant to mention my earlier point of diplomacy here. If you are certain somebody is going to attack you, and your response is 'going out with a bang' as opposed to 'a pre-emptive strike in which you live' then you have fucked something up along the road of your leadership.

There's a second reason for 'going out with a bang', that I suppose I could say has some validity to it, and that's when your sacrifice is great for your ally. The Spartans at Thermopylae may have lost but their defeat contributed to a Greek victory over Persia. In the case that prompted this debate, can we say that's the case? As I see it, the only people left standing on the east coast had their origins with Whatsername. Her legacy lives on and bonds with districts across the country were strengthened in the fog of war; an outcome that anyone would have said was pretty much inevitable.

It seems going out with a bang is celebrated by some because some of the collateral damage is devastating. It seems ridiculous to call the death of a Godfather collateral damage, but I'm sure Whatsername's daughter will forgive and understand my reasoning; the legacy lives on and the status quo remains.

Report Post Tip

Is it better to launch a 'suicide mission' like demonstrated by Bella Vista or should a district wait for it's inevitable demise, incapable or unwilling to deal the first blow? 

Bella Vista teamed up with others and dealt a blow before meeting their end. Las Vegas sat there and held dearly onto every second it could get before going out, without glory.

Personally I would always prefer to go out with guns blazing. 

Thoughts?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Going out with a bang?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL