Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 17:38:26
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Guns Started by: Kalebear on Jan 30, '15 02:26

Kale had been watching a discussion when one statement stood out. In her head it was ringing bells of all sorts. Guns! Guns were supposed to be a sacred topic. Her head started spinning in all sorts of confusion. Taking her confusion into the streets where it could be better addressed.

Gun training, and anything really to do with guns used to be very sacred. It used to be kept quiet but now we see a rise of people discussing their guns everywhere. Right in front of civilians!

Kale utters an exasperated sigh. Looking around her to make sure no police were lurking nearby as she continued.

Most families have it clear that you should not be sharing information that relates to your gun. How did it become the norm to just spill out that information with anyone outside of your Hitsquad Leader, hands or crewleader? Is it no longer something that is frowned upon?

Did we simply let the standards on rules drop? Did guns become the norm that we are all sharing out our kill count and fails with just about anyone?

Kale fished out her flask and took a big gulp. Screwing on the cap she continued on a bit calmer. 

I feel like this needs to be looked at. I personally would never share this information out willingly but it is something that I think needs to be reigned back into secrecy. A hitter's value is no less than an any other person, so why would you allow yourself or your members to be etched on someone's top list if some ties were to break?

Does this seem ridiculous to anyone else but me?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

BlackJack approaches Kalebear puffing 6 times on his cigar as he approaches. BlackJack removes his hip flask from his left breast pocket, slowly unscrews it and takes a quick swig of whiskey before returning it to its place. BlackJack again takes 6 puffs of his cigar before finally addressing Kalebear and the gathering crowd:

"Wise Guy Kalebear, you raise some very interesting points in your address. Many crews do maintain a no talking policy around the use of their firearms and in my view, whilst it is old hat it is still a very important rule indeed. That being said, in this day and age it does seem to be less and less frowned upon by the community, mayeb we are all starting to become desensitised from the issue?"

BlackJack turns away in and begins to slowly walk away from Kalebear when he suddenly stops. BlackJack turns to face @ Kalebear once more and moves up along side her:

"With all of this being said, the real question which needs to be asked is do you actually believe what people are saying about their own guns? Surely you should base your decisions based on the hard evidence collected by yourself rather than someone bragging. I mean, there would be nothing stopping a rookie shooter from telling the world he is a pro after all."

BlackJack again removes his hip flask, unscrews the top and takes a sip. He offers the hip flask to Kalebear and places his cigar back into his mouth. He puffs 6 times...

Report Post Tip
Guns dont kill !!People behind does
Report Post Tip

Stumbling across a discussion about guns Lancelot stops to listen to what both Kalebear and BlackJack have to say...

I stand right behind Kalebear here on this one I have been taught and my ancestors before me were taught never to disclose any information regarding to anything gun related, it is indeed sensitive information and can be somewhat damaging in the wrong hands, as for people wanting to openly brag about their gun skill more fool them loose lips an all, but yes some things are not to be talked about in public places and that being then number one for me.

Report Post Tip

Kalebear chuckles as BlackJack approaches her. She had been listening carefully and he made some good points.

To be fair Sir, I believe nothing of what I am told. I base judged on what I have seen. However, I feel like maybe being desensitized to this topic is the wrong way to be about it.

She declined the proffered flask. She still had hers in her hand and raised it for a salute.

Kale noticed a young woman screaming about people behind guns killing each other. She did her best to stifle a laugh and just carried on. That statement had nothing to do with what Kale had originally brought up but she was pleased that new faces seemed able to speak up.

She continued to smile as she turned to Lancelot. At least someone else thinks the way I do, she thought to herself. Not being able to add much onto what Lancelot was saying she simply spoke one phrase in his direction.

"Thank you for your thoughts."

Kale took another small sip from her flask and rubbed her hands together. It was a cold night and she didn't want to lose the feeling in her hands.

Report Post Tip

Magnolia had finished most of her business that took her away from the streets for the day and was on a nice night stroll. 

Miss Kalebear, you bring up a nice and easy topic to discuss. 

Magnolia smoothed one of her charming smiles over her lips before she got started.

As soon as I was old enough to shoot a gun and hold my ground my Daddy taught me how to use it. He taught me how to hold it, to shoot it, to clean it and to be responsible for it. Now, a girl from the south, this is usually just not the case, but I grew up with two older brothers and two younger brothers and if my Mama wasn’t around to see what my Daddy was showin’ the boys I was brought into the teachin’s.

My Mama would have had a fit if she caught my Daddy teachin’ me how to use a gun, sayin’ that no talent I could use at a pageant could come from it, but by the time my Mama found out it was too late. Moral of the story is, I know my way around a gun. Should I be hidin’ this fact? I figured it was pretty much a given in this line of work. Bein’ criminals and guns go together like moonshine in a mason jar. 

Don’t you worry Sugar, I think I know what you’re gettin' at here yonder. You are concerned with those who are sharing their gun strength. Showin’ off who has the biggest “cannon”. Some of these folks around here, well, they are just plain dumb and I don’t mean to be offendin’ when I say it like that, but my Mama taught me not to lie. Bless their hearts, they probably ain’t even seein’ the damage they are doin’ to themselves and whichever crew they represent. Plus if they are smackin’ their lips about their own personal things they should only be tellin’ their leader and their preacher, it’d be easy to assume they’d have no problem spreadin’ the business of others without a care. 

I agree with what Don BlackJack addressed, how can we tell if, for example, Bobby Joe is bein’ honest about how many men he’s killed. Let me tell you somethin’ if you ever do find yourself bumpin’ into anyone named Bobby Joe don’t be believin’ anythin, that comes out of that boys mouth. He’s probably so dumb that if he threw himself at the ground he’d miss. Just a piece of advice.

As much as I see this bein’ a problem I know there are ways people do hide their gun skills from others. Take those devils from Deleware. All of a sudden no one is killin’ those top three fools. If the witness statement is caught by the opposin’ team it gives away more than it helps. There will always be the dumb and the smart. Just know that there are still intelligent folks runnin’ ‘round. 

On the subject of bringing sensitive information onto the main stage to share with everyone, I’m curious to how the ladies and gentleman of our streets feel about people sharin’ their location in the coffee shops and other public areas. From sharing drug prices or letting another know the location so they can practice the skill of pick pocketing - whatever the reason, folks are still givin’ away their location. Good or bad?

Report Post Tip

Ivan was caught leaving his bar, The Hammer and Sickle, while he stumbled upon a young lady in the streets. She seemed distressed in the aspect that she did not like something that, according to her is happening. Having not heard of this personally himself, Ivan continued to listen to her. He even listened to those after her to hear their opinions. 

To be quite honest, I have not seen this happen as of yet. But I am assuming you are mentioning the amount of sharing in the local coffee shops, and the newly added global chat for all to see. 

While I for one thought the new global chat would maybe somewhat bring young comrades together, it seems to have seriously erased the meaning of rivalry. What I mean by that is, there isn't much of a competition anymore. We are all in the same race to the same finish line, however everyone wants to cross the finish line with holding hands. Everyone is willing to share drug prices, share where a crackdown has recently been launched, and the biggest culprit to me... the thought of sharing one's gun strength. 

Ivan was in the middle of a thought when Miss Kaboom entered the conversation. He let her interrupt his rant of things as she was doing such a fabulous job explaining another thought behind the matter.

Sorry I lost my train of thought there for a second.

Miss Kaboom, I think its an awful practice. Why would anyone be so willing to let someone else take their money they just earned from snatching an old lady's purse? Or even allow anyone else make a quick buck on vital information you have such as high cocaine prices. It just does not make sense to me. Why do we allow this? Why do leaders allow this to happen?

Kale listened to both IvanRomanov and Miss Magnolia. She was intrigued by Magnolia's words since it brought up a few things she had not thought about up until that point. Grateful for the food for thought she was ready to give her own thoughts on the extra matter.

Miss Magnolia you certainly raise something I had never thought of. I have never been a fan to share my own personal location and majority of the time when I do, I fly away right after. I think it makes sense to just stop doing that. However, I know our world likes to make a quick buck and doing so involves seeking out the best drug prices.

Perhaps this would be something else for our esteemed leaders to consider or our valued fellow mafioso. Stick to giving the best drug deals to your own families? Definitely something to think about I am sure.

Kale takes the last swig off of her flask before she hands it to a young man that was by her side. She nodded so that he would know to go fetch some more for her.

I fear I cannot answer for the leaders Sir but I think they allow it for the quick buck. Money does make the world turn here. You need it for tributes to your leader, to help new faces and to buy things for yourself or others.

She started to drift off into her own thoughts with a far away look on her face.

Report Post Tip

Leaflet listens to the bear speak ponders away a few memory's flood in over the coming years

"Well some do boost about kills, not to many, i think the fact will be these up rising tyrants we call the Durdens that instigate this type of talk, lets face it, there leaders are not small timers, they take a bit of pushing to to stay down, what I'm getting at, its not the person speaking, its the witness"

it takes two to tango

Report Post Tip

Kale looks over at Leaflet. She considers his thoughts.

I am not sure I fully understand. So you think it is the witness rather than the boosting that is the problem Sir?

Report Post Tip

Indeed with these Durden Crew leaders and there strength they have makes it quite easy for a witness to know there level which gun is at, yes my point is its the watcher not the shooter

Rules have been here for many moons they must be up held, are there any rules on those who witness such things well no there asked to share that info, a killer needs not boost

Report Post Tip

Over the past 48 hours, I've seen this occur twice with my own eyes. Both times, I was surprised by the events. It has always been taught to me when stepping on to these shores that you never speak about your gun in public like that. So while I was trying to figure out why this was occurring, I stepped back and examined the situation. Both violators of the rules of ours where newer mafiasos. By this I mean, I've only known them to have been on these shores for a few generations. Nothing wrong with that, but there are still some things to learn.

To me, this goes back to the sponsor/associate relationship. How much time did that sponsor spend with the associate, teaching them the real ways of our world? Did they explain to them how vital it is to keep such information private, only to be shared with their hit squad leader and crew leader? These are things that should be passed down from every sponsor to every associate. It is as important as the standards of blood in, blood out. Hopefully this speech will garner some attention, a few heads will get smacked around, and people will take something from this.

Report Post Tip

Hearing a very interesting discussion going on afghan quickly makes his way to the street corner where they are talking about the secrecy of ones gun. 

I feel the need to chime in here as well, things have most definitely changed where it was at one time fairly hard for one to get an idea of how good another ones gun is or isn't by witnessing the take down of one of their targets. Today we have a lot more targets so there is a lot more chances to witness someone killing a target and then getting a pretty good idea about how strong their weapon is. This might be why not all of us are equals in being tight lipped about our weapon, but I can't say that with one hundred percent confidence as most families have rules stating that their members are not allowed to discuss such things to anyone except to their crew leader, hit squad leader and hands. So if said family has these rules and their members are breaking them, that is an obvious infraction on one of the strictest subjects of what we do. If this is allowed to happen time and time again, either they don't feel it is that important of a rule, they don't know about the infractions, or they aren't around to enforce the rules. Now I haven't really caught much of this myself as I don't hang out in the coffee shops too much where I would assume the infractions are taking place but it does surprise me that someone would make these public, maybe they are just down right stupid and don't understand the significance of giving that kind of information out. Personally, this information is not given out to anyone outside of my crew leader, their hands and hit squad leader. The only exception to this is my most trusted friends for competitive purposes, these would be people I would trust my children with once I leave this world. I know there is still risk involved in doing this but that risk is worth making to me to enjoy my time in this world while I'm here as I know I wont be here forever. 

After finishing his statement afghan retrieves a flask from his pants pocket and takes a sip from it and puts it away. Reaching inside his coat pocket he finds a cigar and lighter and lights the cigar as he makes himself down the sidewalk giving nods to the many familiar faces he crosses paths with. 

Report Post Tip

Kale looked at Leaflet for a moment. Trying to figure out just how she felt about that. Her mind was struggling on the witnesses part and she couldn't grasp how it is their fault that the hitters brag about their guns, or their defeats in the areas of the guns.

I am sorry Leaflet. I am really struggling to see it from your point of view. I know that most families have a strict, send your eye witness accounts to certain people within their family, but how does that make the hitters any less responsible for their actions or words?

I honestly don't know many witnesses that go around boosting of what they have seen. Perhaps there are some but I hardly see them publicly doing so. What I do see is people talking about their guns, whether it is hits or misses.

We may have to agree to disagree on this.

Kale's ears catch someone else a little farther to her left speaking. Turning in that direction she listened to Ragnarok.

I believe we have both seen a similar incident. What appalls me is the leaders attitudes towards it. Do guns no longer matter? Is it such a standard drop that talking about all of that in public is common practice? I wonder if the next step is sharing shot reports that people send to their hitsquad leaders into these public chats.

Maybe it sounds silly. Perhaps I am putting too much thought into long back ancestors ways. Perhaps this is what our community has decided it wants.

Kale shrugs her shoulders. Almost feeling as if she should accept defeat but knew that her fire flamed brighter under pressure.

Turning around she catches afghan-mango talking.

I guess as long as you know there is a lot of risk with even sharing to your closest friends. I still could not imagine taking that risk but we are all different.

Report Post Tip

Cloud arrives late the discussion he decides to input his two cents.

"First of all Kalebear, thank you for bringing this to light. I have often thought, just as you are now about this topic. I think this is a trend that started during the last regime. The one with Godfathers bragging about kills they made in the public coffee shops. I think this was the slippery slope that lead to not holding gun secrecy in high regard. Godfather and Crew Leaders should be the ones setting the example for the newer mafioso. Hopefully in this new, more experienced, and mature era, things will go back to the way they should be."

Smiles and stretches.

"One might also think, if you want to expose your gun training that is between you and your Boss. However whether any Boss would allow this I'm not sure. I know I sure would not want to paint a target on any my hitters. It's reeks of incompetence and irresponsibility."

Kalebear, awesome topic. Funny thing is I have not seen this topic shared and brought up in the streets with all these new generations poring in to the states yet. Glad someone thought be great to discuss this. 

Seems we forgot how important these things are when it comes to our guns. I remember a time when you didn't know who your hit squad leader was until war came upon us and we were all brought to the IRC avenues to discuss a strategic move on the home front. 

I mean we use to sent in all reports to the crew leader period, and only the Right hand man or left hand man (women) knew who the hit squad leader was. This was to insure they're safety so no one would assassinate this person from the jump. 

We had stick gun laws and rules to the point if a single one was broke in involved in death. Swimming with the fishes. I think its crazy to tell others your gun, its you weapon your protection and defense besides our employed bodyguards. This info should be held in secrecy as it is vital info to each and ever crew. 

As Heroin does a bump, and lights his cigarette and continues to hear others talk. 

Report Post Tip

There's something relatively important to note here, I feel.

First, let us accept the truth that an individual with a greater number of bodyguards is harder to kill. Therefore, it takes a gunman with more skill to kill that individual. 

Why is this relevant to the topic of secrecy? Well, some of the mobsters with less of a history in this thing of ours will not believe me when I tell them that once upon, simply having a three-figure-gun was a big deal. Compare that to these days, when in some circumstances you may need half a century of notches before you can even point your gun in the right direction and it's natural and inevitable that attitudes will change.

A gun used to be a fiercely guarded secret simply because it was possible to guard. Occasionally you'd meticulously plan for a war, think you had all bases covered only to discover some no mark Wise Guy with the opposition had been quietly training away a howitzer to the knowledge of precisely fucking nobody. Or you'd desperately be questioning how good a Capo's gun was; you thought he was training but you just weren't quite sure. Could you take the risk? Who knows.

These days, this doesn't particularly hold true. To be considered a threatening presence, the skilled gunman has to rack up such an outrageous number of kills that any pretense at secrecy is pointless; by the time you're a true mover-and-shaker, you can be the other movers and shakers know about it.

Hitters used to plead ignorance because it was a viable option.A hitter could quietly say to someone in the coffeeshops that they weren't training, knowing that they'd repeat it to their friends and soon our intrepid killer had a reputation as a guy with no gun, a smart strategy. These days, if you tried the same strategy it's pretty likely to result only in offense and mockery; if you are training a gun, it is impossible to keep it secret. That is the simple, unavoidable truth.

People who brag about how specifically good their guns are, though? A different kettle of fish entirely and the sooner they are cleaned from the gene pool the better. There is never, never a reason to disclose particulars to anyone but the upper structure of your family. Best case scenario, you make yourself a target for  the enemy. Worst case scenario, you stain the reputation of your bloodline as someone who is either actively disloyal, or simply unable to follow the most basic of instructions.

Report Post Tip

Chris had been listening from the shadows, it wasn't a place he was used to occupying but things had changed a lot on the streets over the last 13 or so years, and things his bloodline had gotten away with in years gone by simply wouldn't be forgiven in this day and age. Deciding the time was right though, he came forward to throw his 2 cents into the debate.

Finally, The Rock has returned to the streets. Its been a long time, some would say too long, some would say not long enough. But the Great one is back, back for the Millions... and millions of the Great one's fans, the People. Because beyond a shadow of a doubt the great one is not only the most Electrifying man in all of Mafialand, he is the People's Champion. Having said all that, as much as the Rock likes to lay the smaketh down on some big fat ugly hermaphrodite, the Rock finds himself in the position of having to agree with Guevara, Ragnarok and others. You see the Great one too hails from a bygone year, from a time when admitting that you had even taken the cellophane of your gun would see the Rock take that gun, shine it up real good, turn that sumbitch sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass jabroni.

But times change, and the People have changed, even the Rock himself has changed. As Guevara has said, its almost impossible these days to keep your gun training a secret. Even if the only thing you shoot is body guards, you will need to be shooting all day every day just to wrack up a moderate strength gun. The first time you are seen killing a top flight Durden, any pretense of you having the preverbial pea shooter goes out the window. That's not to say that you should brag about your kills. No, no, no. Even though the enemy will always have a fair idea of who to shoot first in any take-down, you shouldn't make it any easier for them. The strength of your gun should always remain a closely guarded secret, known only to you, your Hit Squad leader and your Crew Leader.

Forget that simple rule and The Rock is going to play movie director, and let you see firsthand the unedited, uncut version of The Rock's major motion picture, entitled 'Laying The Smackdown on Your Roody-Poo Candy Ass!' And when it's all said and done, and all the smoke has cleared, and the millions and the millions of The Rock's fans have finished chanting his name, the Titanic will still be sunk, Barry will still have a 33lb forehead, and The Rock will have kicked the living piss out of you!

If ya SMELLLLLLLLALALALALALAOW what The Rock is cooking...

Report Post Tip

Daemon pushes through the crowd almost knocking Kale over, who barely averts a painful faceplant on the cobblestone pavement. He grins at her cheekily, as she rolls her eyes. He had stood outside the circle listening to her talking at the top of her voice, which was really really loud. So he had decided to chime in.

"That is a very interesting topic you got there, Kale. And to be honest, I second that thought."

He sighs as he remembers a murder he had witnessed the day before, and how the killer ran around telling everyone about his kill. He was surprised to see him all alive the next day. From the stories he had heard from his forefathers, if the same had happened in their crews, the would not lived another hour. He snaps himself back to the discussion.

"It's a shame people run around boasting about the people they have killed these days. It's already not so easy for a trained hitter to hide his skill from his counterparts in other crews in other cities because of the number of witnesses that get passed around. Assuming every crew has a list estimating the skill of hitters from other crews, why would you, as a "trained" hitter make their job so much easier? It's all about hit and run, ain't it? Since when has it changed to hit and brag? Well, I'm not going to argue much on the topic as I think it is upto every leader, or rather the HSL to keep their guns in check. If they are ignorant on the matter, then good for them, they're digging their own grave. Cause every squad is only as strong as their weakest link. And a big mouth more than qualifies as a weak link, it's all I'm saying."

He shrugs, and disappears into the crowd.

Report Post Tip

Phantom was leaning heavily against a local business with a cigar in his mouth. When Kalebear appeared in the streets with a interesting topic on hand. She looked in a state of confusion when talking but she quickly got her message across. A large crowd of mafiosi began to gather around Kalebear. Phantom pulled the cigar from his mouth and dropped onto the ground before smudging it into the pavement with his shoe. The bottom of his black shoe had tobacco stuck to them now. Phantom pushed through the middle of the crowd. Everyone was voicing their opinion on the delicate matter. Phantom listed carefully to everyone and then decided to give his two cents in on the topic.  

I have to agree with Kalebear, I find very strange that everyone just discusses their guns like it was their dinner they had last night. When I first came off the boat, I was told that training your gun is a sensitive and private issue. Only your crewleader, hit squad leader and yourself should know about your gun capability. After reading a few of my father's diary entries, I soon realized that he was told the same and only a selective few knew about his gun capabilities. So, Wasn't everyone told the same? or did a few ignore this useful piece of advice.

As when it comes to war, you don't want a red bulls eye target on your head along with a sign that reads "I'm packing a huge cannon" Phantom winks to the crowd. Yeah I meant it like that too! I have heard a few people discussing their guns in the coffee shops. I find this unacceptable that people are discussing this information in front of everyone. Most coffee places are probably rigged with undercover officers. In this way of life everything should be kept a secret and have a limited amount of people to know your abilities. Well I guess that is my two cents finished.

Phantom then sneaked his way back through the crowd and pickpocket a few individuals along the way.  

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Guns
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL