Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 05:47:42
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Downtown's Downpour Started by: Louis-Manciagli on Feb 11, '15 05:02

A huge grin stretched across Louis-Manciagli's face, knowing how much work, honor, and respect it takes to run a successful operation of running a crime family. His father a Godfather and long time mob boss was a smart man, he knew that he would meet his maker some day and had prepared his son young son Louis-Manciagli to carry on the family name and tradition in his honor.

"Thanks so much Cloud, this is truly an honor! My father's final wishes were for me to serve you and this district to the fullest, providing in any and every way possible. I'm happy that I am able to serve and protect the great people and district my father loved so dearly. I grew up with you all and everyday I see why my father loved each and every one of the people in this district so much."

Cloud hands tosses a set of keys towards Louis, Louis catches them and opens his hand to look at them. He instantly notices this was the same key ring his father used to have growing up. Cloud looks towards Louis and says "That's the keys to your father's old Headquarters here in Downtown, nobody has been there in ages so it's in bad shape, needs some fixing up but she's a beauty once you get her up and running. If your anything like your father I know you'll do great with it." 

Louis slides the keys into his pocket, lights a smoke and looks outside into the night, rain flooding the streets. "DiamonDz actually took me by there about a week ago and it is in rough shape, holes in the ceiling. There is an avalanche amount of work to do, and with the holes in the ceiling I'm sure it has flooded with this torrential downpour of rain that seems to have flooded Detroit the past couple days. I love the idea of restoring the old headquarters back to life. I'll treat it with the respect and honor it deserves, but since this is a new beginning for me I'm going to give it a new name..... lets go toast with the rest of the family and make an announcement to the public!"

Cloud, clutch, Reignman and DiamonDz all gather around Louis as they call the attention of their fellow mobsters within the entire district of Downtown Detroit. All of the mobsters of the world and the differing cities are invited to toast with Downtown Detroit on this evening in celebration. Everybody who is anybody joins together with glasses of scotch to toast to the beginning of a new home being formed within the Downtown District of Detroit. 

And with this toast

TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR

is formed

Report Post Tip
Congratulations!
Report Post Tip

I knew it, I knew it " Buddha keep telling it to him self that he knew the downfall of Louis in DT is not over " As buddha heard the news in there headquater, He quickly dressed his coat and rush to the new headquarters of Louis, As buddha is walking to the district and smoking some cigar as he nearly walk to the headquaters he saw some bodyguards of louis, Asking buddha where is he heading " Hey tho, Im here to congrats my old friend and have a little celebration "

Buddha saw louis walking down to there hall " OOOTTSSS! Wassap there loco!? " Buddha give louis a big hug then shaked his hands and congratulates him for the big success and well deserve position. 

Waddap tho! I've heard the news. " Damn, I really knew it that this will happened, Congrats tho, Cant wait to see your family build a greater wall " Just keep in touch with me tho! as buddha bounces back to there headquarter he hand him a champagne. *Bounce back*

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Louis !

Report Post Tip
13 days old.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Torle had been wandering the streets of Detroit - unable to make ends meet, he was feeling downtrodden and the scorching heat just made matters worse. Suddenly a loud rumble echoed through the streets and dark clouds approached, and within a few moments it had begun to rain. But this was not ordinary rain - it was a massive downpour, which almost made it appear that the gods themselves were celebrating and embracing the land. 

Looking up at the dark skies; he notices a bright area where a tiny bit of the sun's rays had made it through and the droplets felt different than anything he had experienced in the past. It felt cleansing and nourishing at the same time. 

A downpour of loss, renewed life and memories that warmed up all these soulless inhabitants - bringing emotions that they never knew they had...

Your father would have been proud that you have decided to follow in his footsteps. May your torrential downpour flood away all the negativity that once stood in its place...

Report Post Tip

First off congratulations Louis I sincerely hope you have better luck than your father did I am sure you will carry on the work he laid before you, all the best buddy I wish you a long and prosperous future.

13 days old.

Secondly I would like to point something out Renegade, whilst I have never been one to agree with auth's just dished out willy nilly especially to people of such a young age, however in this instance I am pleased to see this for Louis' father was innocently gunned down by a rogue action just as he started to build something, so to see his son take up the mantle and be given the opportunity to finish what his father started is for me in this case justified.

Report Post Tip
Each mobster should be judged by his own actions and given power according to his merrit.
So your saying its fine to give a 13 day old mademan a family to run just because his father was a god father?
It is an absolute slap in the face to all the hard working mobsters who put effort in hoyr after hour and constantly get overlooked.
No doubt someone is going to chirp up and say "aww well yeah but its better to give it to someone trusted and experianced blah blah blah"
But how does somebody become trusted and experianced? Through chances, being given the chance.
Like louis was first time round. But he died, shit happens. He wasnt the first leader to die like that and he wont be the last.
Just give someone else a turn in the spot light for once!
All the godfathers are preeching about "earning made man" again, brilliant.
You can earn made man in 13 days for sure, earn a crew leader position in 13 day? No chance.
Total and utter bullcrap.
Kill me, scorn me, slate me.
You all know it is the truth. Louis is a nice guy, but this re auth is a fucking mockery.
ronaldo all over again.

*renegade claps his hands in appluase to the spectacular show that this scene is, he walks away shaking his head mumbling "fucking jokesters, all of them"*
Report Post Tip

Each mobster should be judged by his own actions and given power according to his merrit.
So your saying its fine to give a 13 day old mademan a family to run just because his father was a god father?

Generally I would entirely agree with you as I stated earlier, yes people should be rewarded on their own merits you work hard you get the rewards that is how it should be, there are certain circumstances though like this one where you will find no arguements from the general population, Also if you look around these here shores you will find quite a few people that have been given a chance take a good look around.

As for the comment of "Ronaldo all over again" really, exactly how did you come to that conclussion? I know the full story in that instance and these are two completely different circumstances I don't see how you can compare the two to be honest, I think you will find this to be a slap in the face to the rogues that shot his father and not to the rest of us, as for the kill you slate you or scorn you that is not my style If you have something to say then hell you are free to say it as is everyone provided it is done in the appropriate manner.

Look at it this way do we let a group of rogues dictate current affairs? no of course we don't, If that were the case then you would be giving the said rogues power to to determine who they do or do not want in power, bit of food for thought there.

Report Post Tip

Shingo steals a purse and walks down the road whistling, whilst checking his wares he overhears Consigliere Lancelot speaking and after some careful listening can't help but throw his own two cents into what appears to be quite the interesting debate between himself and Renegade. 

Generally I would entirely agree with you as I stated earlier, yes people should be rewarded on their own merits you work hard you get the rewards that is how it should be, there are certain circumstances though like this one where you will find no arguements from the general population, Also if you look around these here shores you will find quite a few people that have been given a chance take a good look around.

I must say as a member of the general population I am fairly indifferent as to this newly authed crew leader, however I would respectfully ask that you don't speak on my behalf please. Only my beloved Godmother Maria and crewleader PaulHeyman I personally believe are in a position to speak on my behalf. If the rest of the general population have no "arguements" with this circumstance then feel free to speak for them. I concur with your comment about "people should be rewarded on their own merits" though, for what it is worth. 

As for the comment of "Ronaldo all over again" really, exactly how did you come to that conclussion? I know the full story in that instance and these are two completely different circumstances I don't see how you can compare the two to be honest, I think you will find this to be a slap in the face to the rogues that shot his father and not to the rest of us, as for the kill you slate you or scorn you that is not my style If you have something to say then hell you are free to say it as is everyone provided it is done in the appropriate manner.

How are these circumstances so different Lancelot? Perhaps I'm just playing devil's advocate here but surely both men died and then their sons both given crews very early on in their own existence after some potential scepticism as to how much they themselves had contributed to this world wouldn't you say? I think this is probably only a slap in the face to the existing district members of Downtown, Detroit where a man has possibly been ear marked (potentially on his fathers deathbed?) for a crew during his lifetime. If I knew I'd still be overlooked no matter how hard or how much I'd contributed to a family and district I'd be very disheartened. This could also be seen as a potential slap in the face to the Godfather Council considering their attempts to not only improve the "quality" of crew leaders bestowed with the honour but also make the rank of Made Man not so easily attainable and more respected amongst the community. Perhap's this is echoed in Godfather Curtis's somewhat surprise at the speed with which Louis-Man..ciagli got the chance to run his own family. This is of course all speculation from my lowly Earner rank, I might be way off the mark as I've not experienced enough of this world such as a man in your esteemed position may have. 

Look at it this way do we let a group of rogues dictate current affairs? no of course we don't, If that were the case then you would be giving the said rogues power to to determine who they do or do not want in power, bit of food for thought there.

I don't recall any groups of rogues dictating any affairs? Unless you're suggesting the current crop of Godfathers are all rogues? Which is a fairly absurd statement and especially one to make so brazenly. Food for thought indeed.

Shingo tips his hat respectfully and continues on his way.  

Report Post Tip

Shingo I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say so I'll try and clarify for you, Louis' father was killed in a rogue action at the time DT were not at war with anyone it was a pot shot taken which cruelly ended his fathers life for no real reasoning, The current Godfathers came together to remove the rogue element so where you got me calling them rogues from baffles me as that's not what I said at all, as for the dictating of affairs is concerned I'll give you a hyperthetical scenario, lets just say a few people do not like certain people in power and want their bloodlines eliminated they then rogue and shot those people these people are stopped from being in positions of power and other people more lenient to the rogues ways replace them, the rogues would then have effectively dictated who is and isn't in power and of course this is what the current Godfathers are trying to eliminate from our world right now, so my point was do we let the rogue element win?, as for the whole Ronaldo affair they are different one was killed for a huge mistake he made the other was killed for no reason other than he was a token kill, hope this clarifies what I meant.

Report Post Tip

I have deep concerns with this auth. It is a symptom of a long-growing disease that plagues this world; and that disease is what I'll call an "ancestral aggregation". While Louis-Manciagli may have some merits (and some of the qualities that his father possessed), he has been selected for auth solely and entirely because he has an army of BGs and the name of his father (and the former may be a result of the latter as well). The disease of ancestral aggregation is apparent; we have failed to even see any fundamental difference between the deceased Godfather Louis-Man and his eponymous son, Louis-Manciagli. We have seen Louis-Man wronged by a rogue, and attempt to compensate for that by rewarding his son. How is this not bloodlining, in some form? Being punished for ancestry is what we call "bloodlining," but why are we okay with people being rewarded for it?

You have defied the the wishes of the GFC by authing someone barely old enough to even make an impression of competence in the Streets. You have defied tradition by removing Diamondz's button to serve as RH (perhaps revealing the value of the rank in Downtown), and thereby subordinating her back into the role of an associate. And you have effectively shown all of Downtown, DT that a good name is worth more than hard work. All for what? An act of pity for a fatherless mafioso? Well guess what, all of us have dead fathers. Many of us come from long lines of honorable and respectful men, most gunned down for the mistakes of others. And what do they get?

I see this as a mockery. We have veiled our eyes to near blindness with our focus on ancestry. And what did Godfather Louis-Man do to so great a degree that it postured his son into a position of leadership? His only visits to the Streets were for auth speeches. He was a crewleader for three months and was gunned down, as you've said it, "just as he started building something". What kind of merit is that? He was in power for months, was the Godfather of his district, and perhaps the most powerful figure in Detroit, and had only just started "building something" when he was shot? Is that the greatness we hope is instilled in Louis-Manciagli?

Well, I suppose in a few months when Louis-Manciagli start's "building something" we'll see, eh? Since there's absolutely no discernible difference between the two of them except for the "ciagli" which he has graciously added to the end of his name to help us differentiate between the two.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Here here!
Report Post Tip

YourNextWife smiles as it is announced that Louis-Manciagli had been given his own headquarters in the district. She had been working closely with Louis since she had been his sponsor. She has watched him grow and far exceed all of her expectations. She had high expectations for him since she knew his father was always hard at work better our district and family. Louie had spent all of his freetime with his father learning the ropes so she is confident that he can take on this responsibility and do extremely well. 

YourNextWife hugs Louie and says "I'm proud of you! You have been working SO hard and you absolutely deserve this! I look forward to seeing our district grow and prosper with you renovating your fathers old headquarters. There are many memories there and many more to be made!" She takes a drink of her scotch and coughs a little because she was expecting whiskey in her cup but she still enjoys it nonetheless. Next she walks up to Cloud and hugs him as well. "I think you made a very wise decision, our family has been wanting to grow but we were already so packed and now we have that room! 

YourNextWife finishs off her scotch then takes her flask out of her back pocket and fills her glass with her favorite Whiskey and takes a drink, "Much better."

Report Post Tip

DiamonDz had been doing her usual daily routine of checking what the streets had to offer when she heard a person talk about her, wondering what all the commotion was about, she decided to watch from afar on what was being said, after a while she had decided that she would have her say also, so she stepped into the conversation.

Firstly, I would like to offer my Congratulations to Louis-Manciagli, I am sure your father would be extremely proud that you have decided to follow in your footsteps and I am very sure that i am not the only one in our district who thinks this. You have alot of potential and determination to succeed and achieve many things that your father did. He was a very close friend of mine and my late mother, and i hope that I can at least have half of that relationship with his son.

Now for the other issues that people have brought about, I am grateful that you have concerns about where i currently stand at this point in time, but i knew what was going to be required when i choose to stand alongside Mr. Manciagli and i happily accepted it. In the long run, i believe that the step we (Down-town, DT) have done, will be much more beneficial towards our long term plans. I can respect that some of you's will not agree to the move that we have taken, and that is fine, That is your choice to make. But at the end of the day, we are doing what we need to in order to better our District as a whole.  As stated, yes we are a very young district, we do not have alot of old members to fall back on, but that does not mean that many our of younger members such as Louie are not capable .

Report Post Tip

I have deep concerns with this auth. It is a symptom of a long-growing disease that plagues this world; and that disease is what I'll call an "ancestral aggregation". While Louis-Manciagli may have some merits (and some of the qualities that his father possessed), he has been selected for auth solely and entirely because he has an army of BGs and the name of his father (and the former may be a result of the latter as well). The disease of ancestral aggregation is apparent; we have failed to even see any fundamental difference between the deceased Godfather Louis-Man and his eponymous son, Louis-Manciagli. We have seen Louis-Man wronged by a rogue, and attempt to compensate for that by rewarding his son. How is this not bloodlining, in some form? Being punished for ancestry is what we call "bloodlining," but why are we okay with people being rewarded for it?

First things first Louis-Manciagli's grandfather was a Godfather I believe, it might even be his great-grandfather for all we know but I specifically remember having a laugh with this man about the manner in which his father/grandfather died when he first came to our shores!

Secondly, what's the average age in that district? What's your way of measuring who is deserving in another district you seem to know everything about? I'm genuinely interested in your process. Please, do tell. Who was supposed to get the auth besides him in that district? And finally, where did you get your info that he was authed solely and entirely because of his BGs or his grandfather's name? Because I've personally noticed some of the work he's been doing and quite frankly I've been IA as far as my bloodline is concerned, but obviously you seem to have some gift/insight that I can't seem to find.

Anyone can speculate like an asshat from a distance. Wanna play 20 Questions about why your suit says Level 35 and you're just a Capo?

You have defied the the wishes of the GFC by authing someone barely old enough to even make an impression of competence in the Streets. You have defied tradition by removing Diamondz's button to serve as RH (perhaps revealing the value of the rank in Downtown), and thereby subordinating her back into the role of an associate. And you have effectively shown all of Downtown, DT that a good name is worth more than hard work. All for what? An act of pity for a fatherless mafioso? Well guess what, all of us have dead fathers. Many of us come from long lines of honorable and respectful men, most gunned down for the mistakes of others. And what do they get?

How long does it really take to make an impression of competence in the streets? 5 Minutes?

And the lass wanted the button removed if that's what it took to be the RH so... what? You're against granting people their wishes to be demoted? You're obviously not from a very old bloodline because people used to choose to be demoted to Wise Guy or much lower (for BGs) all the time not that long ago, despite the fact you speak like an old man yammering on about traditions you clearly know nothing about.

You then went at his work ethic again, which I am seriously interested in hearing how you've measured from a distance... Claim the auth was entirely because of his grandfather... which you're claiming but really yet to prove... Followed by a bit of spiteful rhetoric because of [insert reason for being an insecure asshole here].

I see this as a mockery. We have veiled our eyes to near blindness with our focus on ancestry. And what did Godfather Louis-Man do to so great a degree that it postured his son into a position of leadership? His only visits to the Streets were for auth speeches. He was a crewleader for three months and was gunned down, as you've said it, "just as he started building something". What kind of merit is that? He was in power for months, was the Godfather of his district, and perhaps the most powerful figure in Detroit, and had only just started "building something" when he was shot? Is that the greatness we hope is instilled in Louis-Manciagli?

More speculation... followed by a disrespectful bit because someone thinks you start something new and bigger when you put on the role of Godfather... which is at least to some degree a true statement if you have any real respect for someone being the front man (aka respect for someone because they're a CL or GF).

Well, I suppose in a few months when Louis-Manciagli start's "building something" we'll see, eh? Since there's absolutely no discernible difference between the two of them except for the "ciagli" which he has graciously added to the end of his name to help us differentiate between the two.

Honestly, this last bit was just pure insult to the man and his dead ancestor. Now granted I'm all for being an asshat to people, but usually they have to do something to deserve it like consistently speak down to others from their high horse when they're really just another cunt like the rest of us.

Oh, and Congratulations Louis-Manciagli. If you're a CL and no one's pissed off at you/about it then you're doing it wrong, so glad to see you at least passed the first test of being a successful leader.

WhereWasI then begins creeping through the crowd with a wrench held high searching for scouses to bop on the head.

Report Post Tip

Denam sees WhereWasI approach and almost brings himself to listen to what he has to say.

I appreciate you following me around from discussion to discussion, WhereWasI. I'm flattered that you take the time to read each and every one of my words with such diligence and attention. But the truth is that despite your persistence in attempting to be my entourage, you have shown yourself to be a poor participant in either argument or discussion. And for that, I have taken up the position of entirely disregarding whatever ramblings you manage to muster here and in any future discussion. Put simply, you are not worth my time.

Report Post Tip

Bravo, good sir! You've found me out! I'm actually stalking you! There's no way I came here to say congratulations and was irked by your comment.

And you sure did spend a lot of time talking to someone not worthy of your time, which is just so generous of you, I mean it must be hard to tilt your head to look down from up there on your high horse long enough to get two words out. If you don't mind, could you tell me another horribly inaccurate story of MR past before you go?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Denam, I tend to value your words on these streets as I like to think you have put forth a certain degree of thought and have solid reasoning and facts to back up your thoughts. So I for one would love to hear the response to the questions posed by WhereWasI.

Now if you need me to repeat those questions because you ignored him, then feel free to give me a nudge and I'll repeat them.

I don't know Louis. I didn't know his ancestor. I would agree that I have absolutely no knowledge of why on earth he was merited with an esteemed position such as Crewleader, but then its not for me to decide whether he is worthy of it. It's completely down to the inhabitants of Detroit.

I'm not entirely dismissing the issue that Denam raised here in ancestral aggregation, I even quite agree with the link he mentions to the the blood lining aspect, though think I would have perhaps taken that line down a different route I do feel I would have ended up at the same conclusion.

We often reward the son for the fathers actions and yet cry like spoiled brats when our fathers enemies do us harm. If we seek to gain recognition and favour from our fathers work, we should expect the heat from his enemies too. Not that this part really concerns Louis, more an aspect of our society that is far too often ignored - a discussion for another street corner though I feel as this isn't really the place to start such a lengthy debate, as I'm sure it could turn into one.

So.. Denam, the floor is yours for the response to WhereWasI's questions.

Report Post Tip

I have just one simple question that needs to be addressed. If Cloud's life is cut short for whatever reason, and his dying wish is for his son to be given a chance to lead, is Detroit just going to give him that chance as soon as its possible?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Downtown's Downpour
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL