Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 16:30:47
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Addressing the two newest Chicago Auths Started by: Ragnarok on Mar 07, '15 08:22

This is not a demand for a strong or consistent presence but there is a need for them to have made themselves known in the streets.

Was this 'need' met? Yes. Anyone with a set of eyes and ears can see that PeterBurke has made some sort of speech in the streets. It's what is required, and you can nitpick all you want how it wasn't 'good' or how it wasn't street presence, but the rules were met.

Report Post Tip

The rules were met in Peter's case, but everyone with a set of morals can see it was a cheap way to do it.

Sure, he might have met the minimum requirements set down, but he's not someone I'd look to ever do business with should I become something more than I currently am. I would imagine there are a few other people much higher up the food chain than me that have also taken note and will tread carefully when they deal with him as the way he met the minimum standards was quite frankly, cheap. From my viewpoint, he is out to do the bare minimum and looking out for #1, himself.

Cheap actions like this will cost in trust, respect and connections. Hope it was worth it.

Report Post Tip

I think it's rather sad that you would judge him by his required street-speaking. First we are moaning about how rules aren't met, then we come to realize they are met, but barely.

Oh no, he's setting up in a post-war situation, what about his stupid little required thread about some old rehashed bullshit?

Meh.

Report Post Tip

Do we just look past the fact that his BG status was 'protected' (now upgraded) and his forts are still only 'fortified'. In times like we are currently experiencing, fortifications of a decent level are a MUST to protect the very young members a family does have. He has upgraded his own bodyguards before his fortifications. 

There are more actions than simply street speaking where he has gone wrong, that just happened to be the topic of choice by the original speaker here, Ragnarok.

Report Post Tip

it really comes down to who NY likes to keep alive and who there friends are because i have seen that Curtis let things slide and then jump all over something like a fat kid on a cupcake .. so don't give me this shit you need to post a shit ton in the streets or there should be others taken out as well as gin was

Report Post Tip

I'm sure we can keep picking apart everything that went wrong in Chicago. But indeed, the original topic has been proven to be false in saying that the requirements weren't met. Even 'barely met' is fulfilling the requirements. So, now you move on to another topic because the first one isn't really relevant anymore.

Chicago has taken very large blows, and while that isn't really an excuse, it's a reason.

Report Post Tip
AGAIN, the rule doesn't require a speech to be made about any fucking thing, is it a plus? Of course but not a "requirement"

The requirement is showing your face around the streets, making your opinions known and just being vocal.

The wording is misleading, but I believe the initial voting on the rule required a speech to be given. It was later determined that a decent amount of street presence is what it's all about. At least that's what my father was told from people involved in the decision making.

Maybe things changed without notice being given, to the best of my knowledge though "speech" isn't talking once, it's talking quite a bit.

If someone who's knowledgeable about the ruling can clarify, I think it would be great.
Report Post Tip

Sammy put my thoughts into words quite well there.

A 'street presence' in my eyes is not ONE speech with ONE reply... I still know nothing more for his speech than I did before. That is my interpretaton of the rule, like it or lump it, Goto.

Report Post Tip

Because as it looks there are 5 CL's under 20 post in the streets so why not kill them Ny and play with your own little buddies intel you go blind ... thats right its because you dont care that they have low posts . Its who you don't like got it

Report Post Tip

Congrats plp on your first post, now you are officially eligible to be a CL :P

Report Post Tip

I won't make it NY does not like me so i will get shot

Report Post Tip

He made a 'coherent speech' as a right of passage. Can I understand what was said? Yeah. I do not get any wiser with all these other speeches either, telling me some stuff about brains and habit and whatnot.

That's just my opinion though, you can have yours. My interpretation just.. differs I guess.

Report Post Tip

I can't wait to personally rise up and change this rule.  Street presence has absolutely NOTHING to do with being a leader.  Period.  What being a leader means (which a lot of you "leaders LACK) is understanding, going out of your way to help a member, diplomacy amongst other cities and family,  the ability to put aside personal feelings to deal with issues among people you may like or dislike...the list could go on for days but what a real leader quality SHOULDN'T be is the gift to gab in the streets.  So what if that leader doesn't have 400 posts and thread speeches in the street (sorry ooc)?  That just means they know how to keep their mouths shut and I admire that.  Now saying someone who doesn't speak in the streets is too dumb to be a leader (as the thread said in so many words) is in it's self, very ignorant.  I don't come out to the streets often, are you saying I don't have what it takes?  Ha!  You know nothing because I've given you nothing...don't be ignorant.  Sure I agree a family start up speech should be a requirement BUT as far as street presence goes, it should be the only requirement.  Someone who talks in the street too much doesn't know how to shut their traps.  Apparently no one knows what OMERTA is and it make me sick...good day to you all.

Les tips his hat and goes back to work, keeping his mouth shut.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

LesGrossman that is the law you need to have street posts to get Auth ... the all and might Curtis said so ...

Report Post Tip

Yes plp, because I trust the people who put them into that position. They have more leeway than some bold suit in another city, authed by another leader I know nothing about. I'm not quite sure why you pointed that out if I'm honest as I've already stated in the WMOB round up (https://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/541488#9716669 editors view section on the influx of new auths)  that I have questions about some of the recent auths but because of who put them there I am willing to keep that line of questioning in check for the time being.

Times were tough, there was a need for housing to shelter the unsponsoreds. They've all still done a better job than this current situation.

Report Post Tip

Father teq i do not want to see good people die over one of the dumbest rules made in this game by Godfathers And Godmothers that will just kill someone that they have not even talked to and got to know ... I would have told that person to step down and get everything in order first ...

Report Post Tip

Here is where your friendship/loyalty comes into play, sir.

Regardless of whether you think it's a dumb rule or not, it IS a rule. Why in this cut-throat world wouldn't you have made sure you met all the requirements first? This is not something to go at half-arsed. If you're stepping up into the bold suit, you should do just that... STEP UP. There are no excuses when you are at the tippy-top, it's time to prove to your boss, your friends, the world and most importantly yourself.

Politicking is essential. You play by the rules until you're the one making them.

Report Post Tip

*it's time to prove to your boss, your friends, the world and most importantly yourself, that you are not a fuck up.

Report Post Tip

well tell me how many posts you need then and lets see what the number is and see how many make it .... Oh wait there is no number on how many posts you need its really up to the Godfathers of the game and that means he can say 2 one day and 100 the next day ... maybe they should have put that in the rules as well.. and not left that open like they did ...

all i am saying about that

Report Post Tip
This world was meant to revolve around the streets, to say it doesn't in any way show a bit of a leaders worth is bullshit. Bringing Omertà into this sounds like a lazy mans way to side step having your name known. The fact of the matter is, in the life of crime, everyone knows who the bosses are but who the fuck are you? There's one way to show the masses what you're about, it's stepping out onto the streets, giving us reasons for actions, opinions, suggestions and anything else under the fucking sun.

Meh, most rely on people they know rather than what they can show.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Addressing the two newest Chicago Auths
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL