Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 19:33:11
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The lazy CL of today. Started by: CrossHair on Mar 08, '15 01:02
Report Post Tip

I find they have gotten really lazy. Since I have came back from a 6 month break long over sea vacation in Italy I see only one family available to do work for.

This is uncalled for.

Get your acts together.

May the founding fathers of Sicily never hear of the lazness of the American families.

Report Post Tip

Oh hi FastFingersFreddy, didn't recognize you with the women's clothing and makeup.
I see that the gender switch went well... good for you.

Report Post Tip
Well that does ot answer the question put out now does it Obscure.

Oh and this is his wife you pompus ass.
Report Post Tip

None the less...this thread is a joke, nay a mockery of the 'streets' itself. 

I think you should start off with "The Lazy posters of today"

Report Post Tip

DiamonDz stumbles upon CrossHair's speech, something to do with Lazy Crew Leaders.

Due to amount of people arriving on these shore, I am sure you can understand how there may not be as many jobs available at the moment.

Just because these jobs are unavailable at the moment, does not mean that the Crew Leaders or sponsors are "Lazy".

It could very well be that they are trying to stretch their means as it is to actually teach these young ones on how things work around here.

I am sure you would appreciate the saying of "Quality not Quantity".

My recommendation for you, 

If you really want to join a family by doing some jobs, Don't go slandering the Crew Leaders who could help you in the future, it just makes you look bad and could very well ruin your chances of joining a family.

With that, DiamonDz goes back to business.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $30,000 Tip

Well how can one work for a family Diamond if nothing is available.

And a weak thread I laugh at that.

Just because I did not voice a long drawn out speech and came straight to the point does not mean it is a lazy or weak statement to make.

So people would rather read a short and to the point speech.

Report Post Tip

I think people would rather read factual short and to the point comments, not a bunch of pointless drivel.

Report Post Tip

Just because there is no work available does not mean you can not make yourself available. Honestly, the first thing I do when I start up is turn off the job board, I want people to either come to me or I want to personally be impressed with how a Leader has represented themselves whether it be by having a good active family or just by seeing how they present themselves in the Streets.

Go outside the box and figure it out for yourself, you do not need a job board to tell you where to go let alone who is recruiting, there is a full page of crews that is there to help you find out the availability of the crews around you. I would not say your thread is necessarily lazy, but you could have worded it better.

Either way you talk about lazy, put some work in and find out the availability for yourself and find out who the best option is manually, not doing so is laziness.

Report Post Tip
I agre with fear.

In days of old the prospect would contact the family with his or her resume, so to speak. So try that?
Report Post Tip

Fear summed it up well but also relize some families do not want every new body off the boat. Some are selective and others may want to be impressed in one way or another. Finding a home is not that hard, job boards are not the sole way to do this. From this speech, it seems yo are not new. So before you start with lazy, try understanding what all different crewleaders do. It might help ya a bit. So to that, you may be new in that regard.

Report Post Tip

I just wanted to quickly add my two cents on this. I being one of the newer families have had some new members join us, takes some time to train them and learn them the ins and outs of our shores. With that being said I have 3 sponsors at the moment, I refuse to hand out positions willy nilly just because. I believe in earning every position as I've uttered to my crew many times already. Therefore currently I have 3 sponsors including myself. If I am the only one online at a particular moment I will keep my sponsors off if I am spending alot of time training a new member. I want to give that member my full attention and help them with whatever they need.

Now on that same note my sponsors was off yet I was still approached by a member who came to me looking for employment. In my eyes this is a big thing. This person made no money on jobs yet because of a few things he heard he was interested in going through my interview process. I am extremely selective and this was already a decent start to the process.

I don't think anywhere in all that I showed laziness.

Report Post Tip

alas we all know "crosshair" is aka FFF, I know first hand that it is so..the whole wife thing is just a cover up..

just wanted to toss my 2 cents in about it...

have a nice day FFF...

Report Post Tip

What kind of entitlement is this? I don't know who you are or where you came from, and you think I owe you something? I, a Consigliere and Right-Hand-Man to one of the most powerful crime figures in New York, owes you, and ornery little thug with a bigger mouth than brains, a job? Have we really descended that far, that crewleaders can be chastised in the Streets for not throwing enough money at potential associates? Fuck that. This kind of shit makes me wish we could empty the job deposits and let the fuckers swim with the fishes.

I'm glad no one was available from my crew. You can stay the fuck out of my HQ with that attitude.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

You are all missing the point

The job board is there for the newer folks to learn their way around. It is by no means a place to find employment from a family.

It's there to help those to learn the life here on the streets (AKA the Game) It helps them learn a bit about the role playing here that you people here on the street that are long winded always carry on about.

So if you are so into the street and role playing "FINISH THE JOB" by starting with a good job board.

Nyx I am FFF Wife and I really do not care if you believe it or not.

If anyone of you are aware of how we play the game you would know that Freddy would and never does rant on the street like I do.

Enough said about that.

Report Post Tip

There may have been more job listings on the board. If it wasn't for that big fuck-off war we just had.

Report Post Tip

It has come to my attention that some of the CL and upper structure feel I am condeming them openly.

This is not my intent, When I started learning about this place a gleened many things from what I saw on the job board and the streets.

Far be it from me to imply lazyness on all of the CL here.

I am simply saying it is the first thing a new person sees when he comes to our world.

We all should be working to improve on it.

Getting in a family is the 2nd thing that is done here.

Impressing people for good or for bad can be done at any level let us not forget that.

Report Post Tip

Doing jobs is hardly the best way to get into contact with your possible family. Also, it doesn't help if you make speeches like this. If you haven't noticed there has been quite some bloodshed recently, which might just be why there is less work for you.

Not to worry, if you actually look beyond the job system and don't bitch so much, there are plenty of opportunities for you.

Report Post Tip

I honestly thought this was one of the greatest pieces of satire ever written considering the events of yesterday! 

Turns out it was unintentional, but still brilliant! :P

Report Post Tip

"Some of the CL and upper structure feel I am condemning them openly...this is not my intent"

People felt as though you condemned them openly as you did, in fact, condemn them openly. If open condemnation isn't your content and your true motivation is helping the new blood rather than being a shit-stirring little pendejo then why didn't you talk to the leaders man to man about your concerns? It's pretty clear what your intent was here.

"Far be it from me to imply lazyness on all of the CL here."

This is exactly what you did. The first thing out of your mouth was a collective judgement on CL's as a group, you made no effort to clarify whether you meant some, a minority or something else.

I'm a communist, I don't believe leaders should be above reproach and I welcome constructive criticism, but I find truly offensive here is the backpedalling (any faster and you'd set yourself on fucking fire). Do you honestly expect people to believe the complete u-turn you've made? They won't, the only question that will be asked is why you made the u-turn. Damage limitation as a result of embarrassment that your argument was so comprehensively pulled apart, or perhaps just a feel and pathetic attempt at self-preservation?

My comrade Martiii must have seen something in you that was worthy of an invite to join The Union; but I'll give you fair warning that accepting that invite may not be in your best interests - I have no time or room for cowards.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The lazy CL of today.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL