Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 13:41:42
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A Giants step Started by: Philli_stein on Mar 18, '15 15:12

Philli-Stein steps to the side of the road, and stands on a milk crate to be seen by passersby.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to announce my intent to put myself out there. With the blessing of Don Barry, and through the project of Godfather Curtis, I will be stepping up into a position as a Crew leader within Inglewood, Los Angeles. It is my intent to make a mark on the area, and to build something that others will wish to be a part of. 

To many this seems like an undertaking for a giant. But I say that if i cannot slay that giant, and make my mark, then What am i here for! With that, I am proud to announce that The Knights of the Sling, will be opening our doors in inglewood."

Report Post Tip

Congratulations and I wish you the best in your venture to the west coast. 

I hope your time in LA will be as successful as your time with us here in New York. 

Report Post Tip

Scarfo notices Philli_stein make his way onto a milk crate whilst cruising past in his Maybach Zeppelin. He nudges his driver and advises him to pull up, as a crowd begins to gather. With the windows wound down, and the cars engine now off, Scarfo listens in to the speech.

After the man finishes what Scarfo felt to be a somewhat inspiring street declaration, showing his intentions to make a mark on Inglewood, the car's engine is ignited into action via Scarfo's instruction to his driver. As the car pulls away Scarfo smirks to himself, feeling pleased to have made the effort to see what the crowd was gathering for.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Philli_Stein, I wish you all best in your move over to the west coast.

I hope your time in LA will be as successful.

Report Post Tip

Welcome to LA Philli. It will be an honor for our bloodlines to work along side one another again. 

DominicG extends his hand to shake his. 

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Philli I wish you all the best for the future my friend, you know where i am if you ever need anything buddy.

Report Post Tip

Rocket Listens to Philli.

"Congratulations Philli. It certainly is a giant step with the eventful week in LA but I look forward to seeing what you will bring to the city and I wish you all the best my friend."

Rocket  smiles at Philli and heads back to the airport.

Report Post Tip

I wish you well my friend. This is indeed a giant step forward. Be kind to your new neighbors and grow in peace.

Report Post Tip

Pardon me for raining on your parade but your rank is discouraging for a start. Sure, you got your button but by the looks it you want to get by doing the bare minimum. That's not something I'll encourage anybody fresh off the boat to endure.

Then we move onto the financial side of things... it seems you are a little lightweight in the 'hired help' division. An easy target for anyone who has half a brain cell and ambitions of moving to LA themselves and snapping up a larger piece of the pie. Your forts look like they've been blown down by the Big Bad Wolf and by the looks of how many units of 'the good stuff' you can carry around and how long it has been since you got off the boat, you seem about as hard working as a sloth. Good luck selling that to your potential family members.

Total rush job, which seems to smack of a lack of common sense... and there are people out here applauding. 

Golf claps...

Report Post Tip
Just want to say my piece since Mr Teq has made some fair points.

I personally have great faith in Mr Stein. He is an ideal, loyal mafioso and someone I personally would trust with my life.

As LA is the Wild West it is unusual but not illegal for a Made Man to set up and try to make a family under what obviously will be quite difficult circumstances. If this were just any other mafiosio I'd worry for them but Mr Stein has my full confidence and even if he fails, he gave it a go.

Mr Stein know you have a friend in me and I will be cheering for you.
Report Post Tip

I wish you all the best for your adventure in LA. Maybe you are a made man but I don't see that as bad, I see it as someone who wants to make something of themselves. 

LA doesn't need to be about war if all work together the city can be made into a great one again so good luck on your journey.

Report Post Tip
If memory recalls, DominicG set up with little to no protection and a small Ammount of units. That didn't matter, nor does what Phil is setting up with. It is possible that this auth is the proverbial fire he needed to "rank up"
Report Post Tip

And Dominic was just as half-arsed/half-hearted Ragnarok. He seems just as lazy and willing to do the bare minimum to get by. Since he went bold, I've barely seen him walking around either. He may have picked his work rate up since becoming bold, but I would bloody hope he would, otherwise what'd be the point?

If you can't find that 'fire' before even going bold, how do you expect your members to? They're in the same position as you were... at the bottom of the ladder. 

Just because someone lasted a week starting from the same position doesn't make it more of a sane or rational decision. It's probably twice as dumb. There is no doubt someone around with plans to move to LA but has a bit more common sense about it and is laughing at the 2 current weak opposition they'll have should they choose to 'clear out' the city upon entering.

I have a feeling however, that Philli_Stein has been a bit of a victim here and he has let 'other worldly friends' talk him into making a silly choice, far far too early for their own benefit. Yes, I'm talking about good ol' Dominic there... wonder how much input HE had in Phil moving there.

Report Post Tip

Father_TeQ - I recall reading in a journal that an ancestor of my own, with the same name as myself actually, setting up in an open city as a made man with only one person as hired help. He did pretty well for himself.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Indeed he did DeadlySin.

Neither of these guys are your ancestor.

Did your ancestor have the units these guys have at their ages? Or was he a machine when it came to making money? Did he work harder than everyone else to get where he was? Did he have a good reputation beforehand that automatically attracted other hard working mobsters to him? Was he not one of the top hitters of his time?

Your bloodline has always had a reputation for being one of, if not the hardest worker to grace our shores, DeadlySin. Please do not sully your own lineage by comparing it to either of these two. Even at half pace, your blood would still be working twice as hard as Dominic and Phil.

Report Post Tip

Fratto steps out of the shadows of a nearby alley and lights his Cuban cigar with a box match that he used the brick wall beside him as he listened to the speech and everyone putting in their two cents.  He waves out the match then throws it to the ground looking up slowly as he claps just as slow.

Congratulations Phill_stein.  I can't wait to see what the future holds for you and DominicG.

Report Post Tip

Just because you don't see me around doesn't mean I am not here. You say I did it half-assed and half-hearted. Well I am sorry I didn't meet your criteria for an experiment city. I will make a note in my journal for my next of kin to always follow up with your approval to wither or not I should go bold.  Oh and on the fact of feel Teq. He moved on his own wishes. I never once asked him to come over so I wouldn't talk on matters you no nothing about. So who the hell are you to judge?

Report Post Tip
Father_teq is the right hand man to Godmother BlackBetty. I suggest respect when speaking to him, even when disagreeing with. Listen to my sage advise youngster.
Report Post Tip

So I am not aloud to defend myself? 

Report Post Tip
I Would like to point out to you Mr G not to take these things personal.

The Teq family make an habitual habit of calling out new leaders in the streets when and if they feel like.

An ancestor of mine wrote about the wrath of a Teq when he went bold and Mr Teq's ancestor felt it wasn't earned. The Teq family has its opinions and will voice them no matter if you like it or not.

I would suggest doing everything in your power to prove his points wrong, not stop and argue with him in the streets. Then perhaps one day a member of the Teq family may fawn over your descendants as he has Mr Sins.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Giants step
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL