Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 12:44:20
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
A minor irritation Started by: Father_TeQ on Mar 26, '15 16:36

I can understand the whole wanting to be impressed by the crew leader that you want to work for, but I can't understand the demanding of them to impress you. A crew leader should impress you by what they've done, not by what they can tell you when you demand it. If what they've done isn't enough, just try talking to them (I mean an actual conversation, get to know them) and see where that gets you. Also, learn more about them by visiting the streets and/or coffee shops and see what they've said in those places if they visit them. You can get a good idea of what a crew leader is like by doing that. Now, I understand this isn't always possible given how absent some crew leaders are from these venues, but that's when you go back to my first point and strike up a conversation with them and go from there. Also, you should have to tell them what you can bring to the table. It's not all about what they can offer you and what they've done, but what you can offer them.

There are ways to check out potential leaders without demanding to be impressed. Talking is the most important thing, and telling them about yourself. It may take a bit or work on your end, but in the end it's totally worth it when you wind up with the leader that's a good fit for you. Crew leaders shouldn't have to sell their souls to get members, but you should have to put work in to get into a crew. 

Report Post Tip

Ok so I'm coming to this conversation a bit late so I'm just going to respond to the initial topic brought up by Father_TeQ in regards to people coming off the boat with a chip on their shoulders.

I have without question run into people like this, acting just because you are speaking to them you own them something. I can tell in a matter of a couple words that come from a new player mouth if they even deserve my time of the day. It is like they act as if their shit don't stink.  For me though I don't come across too many of these people, they do exist though.

I understand as a sponsor it is your job to "sell" your crew and impress someone to join you. It isn't your job to sit there and take an attitude from someone. People such as those aren't needed just to fill a spot and aren't worth the effort.

Report Post Tip

I think you've hit the nail on the head for me there, dear Brielle.

Yes. Potential members should be impressed by their leaders/RH's/family in general. That is why we regularly encourage the members of Bella Vista to get out here as often as possible. So the whole district has a presence, rather than a select 1 or 2 individuals. However, to also take the attitude some of these 'new' mobsters is something that I can't stand for.

I make notes on every mobster that does this too... for future reference. If the most unfortunate should happen and their boss passes away, they still will not be welcome in Bella Vista. You sold your soul for the baubles and bangles, time to live with it.

Every action a mobster takes in this world, will have an equal and opposite reaction. They might be getting off to a better start by 'pimping out' their attributes to the highest bidder, but it's all about where you end up and they've already burnt 1 bridge in my eyes.

Report Post Tip

Every action a mobster takes in this world, will have an equal and opposite reaction.

Couldn't have said it any better myself, cause it is very true. Everything you do and say in this world will come back around full circle at some point. Especially if it is something negative, it is hard to get rid of a bad persona. We see it all the time with blood lining near impossible to gain back the respect from others. 

From my point of view you can tell a lot from a person within the first couple minutes of talking to them. These new people need to start realizing this, otherwise it could be a tough road for them.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A minor irritation
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL