Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 09:47:00
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Latin steps up and Fear follows Started by: Latin on Apr 17, '15 03:16

The day had finally come. Latin had been given the nod by the Godfather-Chairmen Tetley and Curtis to move to Detroit to rebuild the city. All that was left was to challenge the current Godfather in Downtown Detroit. Many of Latin's associates had offered to help with the job but this was one he needed to do on his own. The Godfather had a small army patrolling his compound late that night and Latin knew brute force was not the way to get this done. Latin moved through the facility slipping by the guards unnoticed.  A mammoth of a building, he looked for the Godfather for a considerable amount of time before finding him in his personal study. As Latin approached the Godfather he could feel the anticipation building. Shots rang out and Latin made his escape back into the night. With the old Godfather dead Latin assumed the role of Godfather-Chairman of Detroit. He knew he had to bring another family into the fold now so he made his way to the streets to address the masses.

Four months ago my curiosity got the better of me. My civilian lifestyle had ended and I was looking for a new rush. I decided to check in on an old friend of my father’s. Just a peek. Little did I know that little peek would turn into where I am today.

On Jan 27 at 11:08 my world was upended. It marked the first time my bloodline had ever survived an attack like the one that day. I vowed that day to rebuild South Philly and while I could never fill Whatsername's shoes I gathered up survivors and a couple descendants of those who were slain and got to work. One key piece of this project has been Fear. I was a bit skeptical of Fear at first. Those I had become close with were uneasy about him. I knew of his ancestors' work ethic though so I asked him for help. I gradually warmed up to him and he has been brilliant for me in South Philly and here in Detroit as well. When TonyCapazzo moved out to setup his own HQ Fear stepped up and hasn't let me down since.

So today as I assume the role of Godfather-Chairman of Detroit I leave most of my family in Fear's hands. He's done a great job helping to build the family as my Left Hand Man and I'm sure he will be able to be even better with his own bold suit. He has been a loyal asset to the family and I'm looking forward to seeing it grow under his leadership. Congratulations Fear! Thank you for all you've done. Now make me proud.

Report Post Tip

Maple waited for her boss to finish speaking before approaching with a bottle of champagne. She knew what his favourite was and no expense would be spared tonight. She smiled at Latin and gave him a big hug.

Congratulations boss. You have earned this and I know you will do brilliantly. Let’s continue to build this city and make it even better. I know my grandmother and mother are smiling down at you right now. Let’s smile and celebrate with all those around us.

Fear you have worked your butt off, as your bloodline is known for. Congratulations! I look forward to continuing to work with you in your new role.

Report Post Tip

With a grin, Maeve makes her way to the newly announced Godfather and takes his hand, giving it a shake.

"Congratulations, sir! I know you surely earned this position. I hope you hold it for a long time."

She then turns to the new crew leader, Fear, similarly shaking his hand with a smile.

"I know you and I haven't always seen eye to eye, but congratulations. You will make a great leader, and I hope to see you as a Godfather alongside Latin one of these days."

Maeve smiles at the two men and bows her head before walking off, allowing them to be bombarded by other people waiting to congratulate them.

Report Post Tip

Scarfo descended upon the public announcement and gathering after putting out the word to The Capazzo Crime Syndicate's members. South Philly was rebuilt, and now resided in Detroit with a city begging to be taken for all the bootlegged liquor money and rackets it had to offer. The first step, was Latin taking the role of Godfather Chairman. With this out of the way, the true celebration could begin.

Scarfo approached the newly self anointed and country backed Godfather, took a firm grip of his hands and kissed both cheeks. He dug his hand into his pocket and removed an envelope, handing it forward.

"You deserve much more than this. You raised South Philly from the ashes, and now the City of Detroit is at your mercy. I can't begin to express the gratitude we all share for you're leadership. My gun is yours."

Scarfo kisses the Godfather's ring then quickly steps aside, leaving room for others to congratulate him.

Report Post Tip

With the news of Latins confirmation to Godfather flickering through the streets word had finally reached old Uncle Joe.

This consolidation of power in Detroit was great news for everyone under Latin. This meant that his family had proper representation on the national commission and this would be good for vice nationwide. 

Looking forward to continuing to expand and grow in this new great territory Godfather Latin had brought them to. Uncle Joe sought out his Godfather and handed him a heavy envelope and spoke the words.  

"Buona fortuna, Evivva, to this thing of ours and a hundred years of crime!"

Uncle Joe raised his flask and had a celebratory swig in Honor of Lain.

He thought to himself things were looking good in Detroit.

Report Post Tip

Beaming proudly at the newly announced Godfather Latin and the newly appointed crew leader Fear , Aislin could not keep from grinning, she was so proud of Latin and Fear. Walking up and giving them both a hug in turn she turned, addressing them both...

"I am so proud of the both you. Words simply can not express what I am trying to convey. So I will just say, well done the both of you and I look forward to the future, Detroit won't be the same!"

Report Post Tip

I had just learned the fabulous news.  I was feeling a little under the weather but wanted to express my congratulations to the newly appointed Godfather- Chairman Latin.   I called in my confidant Bentley.  Bentley is known on the streets and can get things done.  The message read:

Godfather-Chairman Latin,

Although I don’t personally know you, I have surely heard a lot about you.  I have been taught that a man is only as good as his reputation.  I have learned that you have earned your respect and that you are a man of great integrity.

I would like to congratulate you on a well deserved position.  I wish you the best and it’s an honor being a part of Detroit.

CONGRATULATION GODFATHER-CHAIRMAN LATIN.

Please except my apology for not appearing in person I am quite ill.

Sincerely,

Rain  Sinclair

She passes the note to Bentley  then asked him to also get word to Fear “job well done my man” Bentley  assured me he would take care of it.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Savage stood around with the other guys from his family. He watched in amazement as Latin took over the position of Godfather, he followed a few people over as they went to congratulate Latin. He extended his hand and took the new godfather's in his, smiling and nodding.

"I know that you don't know me, but I've heard nothing but good things about you. I'm looking forward to seeing how you run Detroit, and I know you'll do great along with Fear and TonyCapazzo."

Finishes up shaking his hand and turns to walk away.

Report Post Tip

It was a quiet weekend coming up and Weebl had left Bella Vista to come along with Bob to Detroit to pickup some rare ingredients for their pie-shop in Philly. Just when they were ready to get into the van and head for the airport, one of Weebl's bodyguards came rushing down the street after he was send off to see what the commotion at the end of the avenue was all about.

"Bossman. You know Latin moved his operation to Detroit not so long ago, right?" He spoke.
"Yeah, of course." Weebl replied. "What about it?"
"Well, apparenty he challenged the old man in town this morning, pierced him with a bullet and Latin now took the position of Godfather for Downtown here."
"Mmm. That's some great news! Bob? Drive to the end of the block. I wanna congratulate Latin on this big step."

Bob maneuvered the van past the annoying slow traffic and stopped with screeching brakes across the street from where Latin was addressing the people that had gathered. When Weebl got out of the van the side-door also opened and his bodyguards started to move out.

"Stay inside. No need to make so much of a scene here."

Weebl found his way to Latin as he had just finished his speech and Weebl shook his hand.

"Congratulations on this fine achievement, sir. I wish you all the best in bringing Detroit to new glory.  Having seen some of your work from close by in Philly, I am confident that you'll do a great job here. And the best wishes for Fear as well. Taking over such a big part of your family is a big responsibility. But for now, enjoy and celebrate all that you have achieved with your family. Well done!"

Having to catch a flight, Weebl quickly returned to the van and got in. While Bob started the engine, Weebl mentioned to Bob that they should send some nice pies over to Latin to celebrate this occasion. Bob nodded and after he rounded the first corner Bob floored it and they sped off to Wayne County airport.

Report Post Tip

He saw an envelope at his doorstep after waking up in the morning. The envelope had no stamp or address but after looking at the letter he found out it was from Scarfo. The letter included the news that Latin had stepped up to the Godfather role in Detroit. So he quickly finished his breakfast and put on his finest clothes to participate in the ceremony.

Once he arrived, he saw a large group of people gathering around Godfather Latin, and were approaching and congratulating him. He got in line waiting for his turn and when he got close enough he caught a glimpse of the man for the first time.

Upon coming face to face with him, it seemed best to introduce himself:

"Hello, I am S56, an associate with the CapazzoCrimeSyndicate. I've heard many good things about you; it’s an honor to finally meet you."

Then he went on to congratulate him while shaking hands:

"I'm also very happy to be able to personally congratulate you, Godfather Latin"

Then after giving the newly appointed Godfather a respectful nod, he turns toward the rest of the crowd.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Godfather Latin!  You have done so much for me and I have anxiously awaited for this day for you.  Your leadership abilities are second to none.  You have taken others, given them responsibilities, groomed them to lead, and then set them free to further your empire.  May your reign be long and prosperous!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations again to Detroit.  Your ability to lead has definitely shown itself self.  Through the encounters Ive had with Detroit I believe in you guys ability to run a successful city.

Good Luck to you guys and Congrats Godfather Latin

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Godfather Latin. A long time coming and well deserved. May the city of Detroit continue to grow and prosper!

Report Post Tip

Congrats Godfather Latin

Report Post Tip

Godfather Latin, I do not know you well right now, but the immense respect my CL, TonyCapazzo, and his RHM, Scarfo, show for you tells me everything I need to know. I congratulate you on your new position and look forward to serving beneath your leadership in taking DT to new heights!

Report Post Tip

Congrats to the newest Godfather, Latin.  Personally we've not spoken much, but I'm glad to see Detroit prospering again.  I hope you keep up the good work and I wish you the best of luck in your new role :D

Report Post Tip

Arriving in Detroit Curtis made his way over to Latin's headquarters and into the building to find his friend. He was very excited to see the man take the mantle of Godfather Chairman in this city and very encouraged to see Fear be given the nod to begin a family under him. Entering his plush office Curtis embraced Latin warmly.

"My friend, what a day to see! You standing here as the Godfather we always knew you could be. A natural fit for someone that does business the way that you do. I was delighted when Tetley discussed his plans for you in this city and I'm very excited to see those plans coming to fruition. Its been my pleasure to know you as a fellow crew member and fellow leader and now as a fallow Godfather. You're the right man to build this city into something it hasn't been for way too long and I look forward to watching you grow."

Embracing his friend again he took a small envelope from his jacket and handed it to Latin. He opened it and let a set of keys fall out into his palm. He looked back at Curtis quizzically. 

"Being a Godfather can be stressful at times. It has served me well to take little breaks in pleasant places now and then to recharge the batteries. I thought this little place in Sardinia would be a nice spot to unwind for a day or two when you feel the need. I hope you enjoy it."

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Godfather Latin..We've never spoken, but I've heard many good things about you, so I'm sure you will do great things for the city of Detroit..

Report Post Tip

Tony Capazzo stands around and watches all the various mafiosi around the country giving their celebratory remarks regarding Latin. This is a long time coming and Tony has a smile that is ear to ear. This was indeed a joyous day, Don Latin, his friend, his Don, his boss, his family....was now a Godfather. Tony couldn't be any happier and excited for this moment. Finally, when there was a opening, he steps up and speaks in front of the new Godfather. He takes off his lime-green ribboned fedora and nods one time before he speaks.

"Godfather Latin...sir...Congratulations on this monumental day for you. I can remember a about three months ago when we first met. South Philly was in ruins. My own Don and his right both fell as well as our Godmother. It was announced that you would be taking the reigns."

Tony pauses and then continues on.

"I didn't know anything about you but it didn't matter, you were my Don. Then we spoke and you told me your vision. You told me how you planned to raise South Philly back up to the prominence it once held and let me say you've done that ten fold. Over the course of all this you spent so much time and effort behind me personally. Teaching me this way of life, how to handle certain situations and a wide variety of other aspects in this thing of ours. Somewhere along the journey you became more then my boss, my leader, my family...you are my mentor. I was impressed with how you handled things and your calm, cool and collected approach is something I try to mirror."

Tony continues to smile.

"We've often spoken about this moment happening and now it's here. I can not think of anyone who is more deserving of  this title. I am very very honored and proud to call you boss and now Godfather. This is a phenomenal feat and I know its just the beginning for you. I look forward to further working with you as you continue to lead us through this journey through Detroit...Detroit can rest assured they are in fine hands with you."

Tony leans in and hands a envelope to Godfather Latin.

"Please take this as my appreciation and happiness for what has happened today. A day that will be remembered for a long time. Congratulations Godfather Latin!"

With that Tony extends his hand and shakes the new Godfather's hand. He takes a step back to allow others to say something, Tony's smile...never once leaving his face.

Report Post Tip

It was a sunny day and the weekend had just started which all in all ment a really good day for Suisitsu. Suisitsu was wearing a fine suit, all classic grey with a rose in the right pocket. He was walking by himself while humming a melodi that he couldn't get out of his head. His steps was fast but slightly calm, making him look like he was rushing somewere but not wanting to get there too fast.

There was a light breeze of noise coming toward Suisitsu. It was almost nothing, but it assured the well dressed man that he was walking in the right direction. Slowly but surely the noise became louder and louder making his steps slower and slower until it became songs of celebration in 
Suisitsu's ears and his steps were not rushed nor calming, but just the right speed for a man in a suit. He turned around a corner and was met with happy faces and broad smiles. There were many faces that he had seen before, but also alot that he had never seen. Some of the people had drinks in their hands, some were singing and then Suisitsu spotted a very fine dressed man with the broadest smile of them all. A man was talking with the fine dressed man shortly before the man took off with hasty steps in his very fine car with his bodyguards. 

Suisitsu had to pull himself together to get up and greet the all important man. At first his legs just couldn't move. The all powerful man stood not alone for more than 2 secounds until a new person wanted to greet and congratulate him for his acomplisments. Suisitsu thought to himself that he could still get away unnoticed. But just as Suisitsu turned his back towards the Godfather, something within him blew up. "Respect and family are what drives my bloodline". 

As Suisitsu stood in the long line of people wanting and waiting to see the newly announced Godfather, he noticed a lot of letters behind the Godfather himself, he also saw a champane that couldn't have been cheap and he began to wonder if he should have brought a gift. A single drop of sweat crawled down his face.

The greeting line became smaller and smaller. One more sweat drop came crossing the nervous face, and no smile were to be seen on Suisitsu's face. He had trobule breathing and didn't look too comfortable in the situation. But when it was his turn to talk the whole state changed. 

Latin was greeted with a happy confident face that could have been mistaken for one of his dear old friends. 

Latin it is great to finally see you in person. My father Zakiza knew Utopia, he was a great leader and my father was happy to serve him. My father was just a young assosiate when the war struck and there wasn't much he could do to safe his Don. But after the war he saw you rising and he couldn't be more happy for his old home district. He was sure that you were doing great. 
Today I stand infront of you, and I have to honour to say thanks. Thanks for all you have done and all you will do. I will be happy to serve under you, just as my father did under Utopia and whatsername. So I and many others may congratulate you today on your new role in Detroit, but it really is Detroit that should be thankful for having such a great man leading it.

Suisitsu took out his hand and shook Latins hand firmly and convincingly before making is way into the crowd again.

He heard old Uncle joe shouting loudly when Suisitsu walked away from the party that was starting. 
Suisitsu thought
 to himself "South philly vidi vici veni, Detroit here we come"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Latin steps up and Fear follows
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL