Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 11:34:59
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
The Failures Of New York Leadership Started by: Failures on Apr 25, '15 12:20

Who is this TyrionLannister fellow? When did he get authed? I wish somebody in New York would inform of these things

Report Post Tip

In response to the original posting………..Even today in the age of high speed and such immense leaps in science and technology, there are still people who would have you believe the world is actually flat.

On a plus note however, it is always encouraging to see a mobster adopt the title of something or someone, to which they not only aspire, but also obviously achieve so well.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Upon being around his boss and listening to the nonsense ramblings of some old man, reminding him of the old guy walking down the street in PH screaming "THE END IS NEAR" he simply chuckles as he notices his half man making a ruckus about not being mentioned.  Stepping up to pitch in his own words he pats the half man on the head.

While my blood is surely linked to NY in many ways, coming with a GF to retire is no surprise, but surely basing NY as a whole on him is ridiculous. NY will easily manage without the people loss, there has been much GREATER losses in NY in the past year then currently and NY still is prosperous and just as strong as ever.  I find the ramblings from this guy off his meds a joke and not even worth a grain of salt.  Good day NY and keep up the good work.

Puts his fedora back on and heads to the bar with Lord and Half Man.

Report Post Tip

THE-CUBE listens intently to the speaker and the ensuing arguments from the people surrounding him

Indeed Sir, over in New York we have had a few people fall by the wayside, but when your empire extends the borders of your own city (look over towards Las Vegas) not everything can go smoothly and to plan. Things change constantly, that's what keeps us all engrossed with this life. You failed to mention any success stories that have come out of our fair city and although I am young I can assure you there are some very competent people inside these city walls.

Everyone's lineage at some point either loses motivation or has different pressing issues away from this life of crime. This has happened to us, but as long as we find people who are motivated to replace them, which I believe we have, I fail to see the problem. It's all part of the merry-go-round that is this world. If you have such a problem with these people that you perceive as useless, I wonder why you have such an issue with their departures? Is it because you can see they are being replaced with active, forward-thinking mobsters who are only going to cement New York and all her allies' grip on this place? Does that worry you so much you thought you'd come have a cry about it publicly? I can't think of another reason you'd complain about people you view as incompetent stepping down because if they're as poor as you say they are then you had a chance of removing them. If this is the case, then clearly New York's leadership is getting things right.

Report Post Tip

New York has seen a fair bit of change in leadership lately, but it would be wrong to say that the city is falling. Failures.. possibly, but let's not judge too harshly, since a lot of people here have a life in that other world too, and sometimes that other world takes preference above affairs in this one.

If you have such a problem with these people that you perceive as useless, I wonder why you have such an issue with their departures?

I think he meant to illustrate the ''failures'' (in his opinion) New York had with these people, and that they people replacing them aren't much better. 

I can't think of another reason you'd complain about people you view as incompetent stepping down because if they're as poor as you say they are then you had a chance of removing them. If this is the case, then clearly New York's leadership is getting things right.

There is still a lot of work involved in removing them, even if they are shitty leaders. He would have to build up and work, instead of making speeches on a throwaway lifetime. The second option is much easier, I'd say.

Report Post Tip
Thank you for acknowledging your failures in leadership Curtis. Next I'll highlight Tetley and his reign as the hands down biggest joke mafia returns has ever seen.
Report Post Tip

I'll be looking forward to that one. Is a piece on Chicago in the planning too? 

Report Post Tip

Oh failures how insightful you are.

Teach me your ways oh wise one 

Report Post Tip

Quoteing GF Curtis here:

"I shall immediately mass mail and inform them of the grave peril they face in staying aboard such a desperately sinking ship.""

Godfather, if I may, may I suggest you mail the leaders of the other cities too and proceed to whine as the original poster did, as clearly that will resolve all the issues in our world. Oh wait, nm.. you're probably busy actually fixing the things in your city and dealing with real problems... nevermind.

Report Post Tip

It's always the case of casting stones at the Top. 

Report Post Tip
Good input Darth
Report Post Tip

I have a feeling that Darth will provide far more input to this life of crime than you will, Maybe.

Report Post Tip

Just because I am not as present in the streets as others I don't think I should be classified as lazy or unmotivated. Quiet and secluded? Most definitely. If you asked around I'm sure you could find plenty of people willing to speak to my work ethic.

Hell many of these people line up outside my office and wait for hours just to get in for a checkup! But alas, if we took the word of every fresh faced nobody we wouldn't have any of what we worked to get.

The more sticks and stones you throw the more money I make from house calls.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Lazy and unmotivated, no. But handsy, i'd say yes. Most are awkward prostate exam I've ever experienced.
Report Post Tip

Listen Vlad. I told you the procedures have changed. There are plenty of other doctors around that require a ball gag for the exam. There is nothing strange about it at all!

Report Post Tip
I have absolutely zero doubt about that Tyrion. But then again. He fucking should do. Considering he is a leader and that's the best he can come up with. I would suggest his contribution in these streets will be quite insignificant.

But I could be proven wrong. Perhaps he is a wonderful wordsmith who is just fucking lazy. As such his one line contribution here would be about as good as we can expect.

Yes. I can say as I wish. My death will arrive. My words don't carry any weight. Or do they? I'm not the only one who thought that. I have zero doubt. Perhaps it is also a public perception from that post? Perhaps I talk for the majority? Who knows.

Facts are facts. Leaders are there to lead. Both their own families and the community. No. Not just look after your own. That's bollocks. We are organised crime. We set examples to all that we are competent and keep our community and those around us in check.

If that post is Darths idea of setting an example and making a contribution then You are completely wrong in what you say.

Good day.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I'm really not even sure why this topic is still relevant to anything, NY isn't going anywhere. At least not anytime soon, this topic was obviously to stir some flame which all it has led to is a chatter of banter and cheap shots.  Let us take the moment to kindly remember the failures and the maybe's and close the book on this and get back to the glory days of New York.

I among many see Darths post relevant, it clearly indicates the IMPORTANCE of this topic.  The fact that its trying to pull certain people out into the streets to defend themselves is utterly laughable.  So GFs and CLs having to speak their mind on this subject is required? No no no, I don't think so due to the irrelevance of this subject anyways.

So to NY, love you guys and keep it classy. To leadership of NY, keep up the good work.

Report Post Tip

Vladimir stares at Cookie_Monster longingly...

Do we get cookies as a reward? Cause that would be sweet.

Report Post Tip

Stares back at Vladimir while gently stroking his hand.

Now you know only the dark side gets cookies Vladimir :(. But my friend you and your crew I shall make an exception and give you all the cookies you desire.

Report Post Tip

Maybe, you will find that sometimes you can say a whole novel in just a few words. My words depicted how I felt about you and this speech in just one sentence. 

Stay classy my friend.

Cookie Monster I have you know The Dark Side makes some pretty epic cookies should give it a look ;)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Failures Of New York Leadership
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL